RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

Coronavirus Pandemic
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 82, 83, 84  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Howee



Joined: 27 Nov 2009
Posts: 13115
Location: OREGON (in my heart)


Back to top
PostPosted: 11/11/20 5:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

....and of course, The Orange One is belly-aching cuz of the inopportune (for him) *timing*. Is there no end to his fkktardedness?? Evil or Very Mad



_________________
Oregon: Go Ducks!
"Inévitablement, les canards voleront"
jammerbirdi



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 20494



Back to top
PostPosted: 11/11/20 6:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yeah, ‘cause the timing isn’t funny at all.



_________________
Falsehood will fly on the wings of the wind, and carry its tales to every corner of the earth; whilst truth lags behind; her steps slow and solemn, she has neither the vigour nor activity to overtake her enemy. - Thomas Francklin
Luuuc
#NATC


Joined: 10 Feb 2005
Posts: 20608



Back to top
PostPosted: 11/11/20 9:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FrozenLVFan wrote:
I'd read yesterday that Pfizer's vaccine required special cold storage, but it's more complicated than that. Their vaccine has to be maintained at -70*C (-94*F). That means it needs to be transported on dry ice, which will require special handling. Hospitals and pharmacies have no facilities to store vaccines at this temperature, and their personnel will require additional training. There's a rush to buy super-cold freezers that can be used and there apparently aren't enough in stock. Using normal freezers means that all of the vaccines from an opened dry ice package have to be used in 2-5 days, or it will be inactivated and the facility will need more. Distribution to rural areas and administration via mobile programs is going to be difficult. While this is huge problem that the US can potentially overcome, much of the world is likely not going to be able to manage it.

Some of the other vaccines in development don't require this, so we'd better hope they work.

https://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/940641?src=wnl_edit_tpal&uac=369619HT&impID=2670433&faf=1#vp_2


How fortunate are we to have a fan of frozen low-temperature vaccines here to keep us up to date with important developments like this.
Interesting stuff. Not insurmountable, but a considerable hurdle.



_________________
Is there gas in the car?
Yes there's gas in the car.
FrozenLVFan



Joined: 08 Jul 2014
Posts: 2089



Back to top
PostPosted: 11/12/20 8:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Pretty much all of the vaccine successes reported in the media have had some major glitch that's been swept under the rug..."yes it works great but only for 4 months then the antibodies disappear." Etc. No one in their right mind would purposely design a vaccine with this cold storage issue and call it a success. This just tells me researchers are having to dig deep to find a solution.


jammerbirdi



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 20494



Back to top
PostPosted: 11/12/20 4:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Perhaps everyone has heard by now that Biden COVID advisor Michael Osterholm has floated the idea of a four to six week shut down to save lives and the economy.

Big stink, of course, on right wing social media.

Curiously, as per CNN, Biden team has pushed back saying, this is "not in line" with Joe Biden's thinking.

Not in line with Joe Biden's THINKING? lol

Oh really? How many times did Biden bash Trump saying that he should be listening to the scientists.

I'm going to ask all guilty parties to step forward voluntarily but I'm SURE I read some of you here saying it was going to be great to know that Biden would be listening to the scientists regarding COVID. Joe certainly said it enough.

And, lol, you couldn't make American politics up if your name was Kafka Von Orwell, here we have Biden saying that, specifically on the issue of being advised to do a national lockdown by the scientists, He WOULD! He would listen to the scientists.

David Muir ABC:

One of the questions we asked, is would you shut down the country again if there's a second wave, if the scientists said that's what you had to do.

Muir: If the scientists said, shut it down.

Biden: I would shut it down. I would listen to the scientists.

Link

Well, hey, what kind of a scientist is the blowhard Osterholm, anyway?

Michael T. Osterholm, PhD, MPH

Dr. Osterholm is Regents Professor, McKnight Presidential Endowed Chair in Public Health, the director of the Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy (CIDRAP), Distinguished Teaching Professor in the Division of Environmental Health Sciences, School of Public Health, a professor in the Technological Leadership Institute, College of Science and Engineering, and an adjunct professor in the Medical School, all at the University of Minnesota. From June 2018 through May 2019, he served as a Science Envoy for Health Security on behalf of the US Department of State. He is also on the Board of Regents at Luther College in Decorah, Iowa.

He is the author of the New York Times best-selling 2017 book, Deadliest Enemy: Our War Against Killer Germs, in which he not only details the most pressing infectious disease threats of our day but lays out a nine-point strategy on how to address them, with preventing a global flu pandemic at the top of the list.

In addition, Dr. Osterholm is a member of the National Academy of Medicine (NAM) and the Council of Foreign Relations. In June 2005 Dr. Osterholm was appointed by Michael Leavitt, Secretary of the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), to the newly established National Science Advisory Board on Biosecurity. In July 2008, he was named to the University of Minnesota Academic Health Center’s Academy of Excellence in Health Research. In October 2008, he was appointed to the World Economic Forum Working Group on Pandemics.

From 2001 through early 2005, Dr. Osterholm, in addition to his role at CIDRAP, served as a Special Advisor to then–HHS Secretary Tommy G. Thompson on issues related to bioterrorism and public health preparedness. He was also appointed to the Secretary's Advisory Council on Public Health Preparedness. On April 1, 2002, Dr. Osterholm was appointed by Thompson to be his representative on the interim management team to lead the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). With the appointment of Dr. Julie Gerberding as director of the CDC on July 3, 2002, Dr. Osterholm was asked by Thompson to assist Dr. Gerberding on his behalf during the transition period. He filled that role through January 2003.

Previously, Dr. Osterholm served for 24 years (1975-1999) in various roles at the Minnesota Department of Health, the last 15 as state epidemiologist. He has led numerous investigations of outbreaks of international importance, including foodborne diseases, the association of tampons and toxic shock syndrome, and hepatitis B and HIV in healthcare settings.

Dr. Osterholm was the principal investigator and director of the NIH-supported Minnesota Center of Excellence for Influenza Research and Surveillance (2007-2014) and chaired the Executive Committee of the Centers of Excellence Influenza Research and Surveillance network.

Dr. Osterholm has been an international leader on the critical concern regarding our preparedness for an influenza pandemic. His invited papers in the journals Foreign Affairs, the New England Journal of Medicine, and Nature detail the threat of an influenza pandemic before the recent pandemic and the steps we must take to better prepare for such events. Dr. Osterholm has also been an international leader on the growing concern regarding the use of biological agents as catastrophic weapons targeting civilian populations. In that role, he served as a personal advisor to the late King Hussein of Jordan. Dr. Osterholm provides a comprehensive and pointed review of America's current state of preparedness for a bioterrorism attack in his New York Times best-selling book, Living Terrors: What America Needs to Know to Survive the Coming Bioterrorist Catastrophe.

The author of more than 315 papers and abstracts, including 21 book chapters, Dr. Osterholm is a frequently invited guest lecturer on the topic of epidemiology of infectious diseases. He serves on the editorial boards of nine journals, including Infection Control and Hospital Epidemiology and Microbial Drug Resistance: Mechanisms, Epidemiology and Disease, and he is a reviewer for 24 additional journals, including the New England Journal of Medicine, the Journal of the AmericanMedical Association, and Science. He is past president of the Council of State and Territorial Epidemiologists (CSTE) and has served on the CDC's National Center for Infectious Diseases Board of Scientific Counselors from 1992 to 1997. Dr. Osterholm served on the IOM Forum on Microbial Threats from 1994 through 2011. He has served on the IOM Committee on Emerging Microbial Threats to Health in the 21st Century and the IOM Committee on Food Safety, Production to Consumption, and he was a reviewer for the IOM Report on Chemical and Biological Terrorism. As a member of the American Society for Microbiology (ASM), Dr. Osterholm has served on the Committee on Biomedical Research of the Public and Scientific Affairs Board, the Task Force on Biological Weapons, and the Task Force on Antibiotic Resistance. He is a frequent consultant to the World Health Organization (WHO), the National Institutes of Health (NIH), the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), the Department of Defense, and the CDC. He is a fellow of the American College of Epidemiology and the Infectious Diseases Society of America (IDSA).

Dr. Osterholm has received numerous honors for his work, including an honorary doctorate from Luther College; the Pump Handle Award, CSTE; the Charles C. Shepard Science Award, CDC; the Harvey W. Wiley Medal, FDA; the Squibb Award, IDSA; Distinguished University Teaching Professor, Environmental Health Sciences, School of Public Health, UMN; and the Wade Hampton Frost Leadership Award, American Public Health Association. He also has been the recipient of six major research awards from the NIH and the CDC.
[url][/url]



_________________
Falsehood will fly on the wings of the wind, and carry its tales to every corner of the earth; whilst truth lags behind; her steps slow and solemn, she has neither the vigour nor activity to overtake her enemy. - Thomas Francklin
Luuuc
#NATC


Joined: 10 Feb 2005
Posts: 20608



Back to top
PostPosted: 11/12/20 6:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Is that the popular consensus among scientists atm?
I almost wonder if it's too late now. It's everywhere.
When Melbourne copped its second wave and it started with the exponential increase thing, they shut down.
It did the job very effectively, but it also took nearly 3 months to get the thing down to where it is today. That is just one, fairly small state, which also implemented border controls (or rather, the adjoining states implemented border controls!).

4-6 weeks would put a major dent in it of course, but go back to normal after that and it will just take off again. The time to lock things down was several months ago, when numbers were small enough to allow contact tracing.
Having said that, doing nothing is probably unacceptable too given the daily death toll is approaching 1,500.
There are no easy answers at this point.
Especially with the "personal freedoms" mentality that will see many people break the rules and render them ineffective.

It's a pity that simple, effective things like wearing a mask became politicised. I wonder how that happened....


[ETA] What happened in Victoria:



_________________
Is there gas in the car?
Yes there's gas in the car.


Last edited by Luuuc on 11/12/20 6:41 pm; edited 2 times in total
FrozenLVFan



Joined: 08 Jul 2014
Posts: 2089



Back to top
PostPosted: 11/12/20 6:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nationwide enforced mask usage would help a lot, probably more than the shutdown/reopening cycle that's going to fail again. We'll see if Biden can at least get behind that.


Luuuc
#NATC


Joined: 10 Feb 2005
Posts: 20608



Back to top
PostPosted: 11/12/20 6:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FrozenLVFan wrote:
Nationwide enforced mask usage would help a lot, probably more than the shutdown/reopening cycle that's going to fail again. We'll see if Biden can at least get behind that.

Yeah, that seems like a more realistic goal.



_________________
Is there gas in the car?
Yes there's gas in the car.
jammerbirdi



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 20494



Back to top
PostPosted: 11/12/20 6:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The pity is how it’s been politicized by both sides. That’s why declarations of blame based on data Rolling Eyes and without taking into account an understanding of not simply politics but culture, is a sure miss. I’ll get to that real soon.

A total six week lockdown with checks to workers through the holidays would buy us time. At this point that’s better than the alternative. IMO.

But Biden isn’t even in office until almost Feb. Everything else, quite honestly, is just political rhetoric. There is no actual answer here. Just the human impulse to “do something.”



_________________
Falsehood will fly on the wings of the wind, and carry its tales to every corner of the earth; whilst truth lags behind; her steps slow and solemn, she has neither the vigour nor activity to overtake her enemy. - Thomas Francklin
FrozenLVFan



Joined: 08 Jul 2014
Posts: 2089



Back to top
PostPosted: 11/12/20 7:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jammerbirdi wrote:
But Biden isn’t even in office until almost Feb. Everything else, quite honestly, is just political rhetoric. There is no actual answer here. Just the human impulse to “do something.”


We're going to have another 15-20M cases and 400K deaths by February.


bcdawg04



Joined: 12 Apr 2016
Posts: 403
Location: Seattle


Back to top
PostPosted: 11/12/20 9:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I just received an email from UW Medicine. Among other things, the email reported that UW Medicine ran its 1 millionth COVID-19 test on October 28th. Impressive, and sad. (Through yesterday, UW Medicine has processed 1,110,190 tests, with 47,700 positive/inconclusive results.)


tfan



Joined: 31 May 2010
Posts: 8209



Back to top
PostPosted: 11/15/20 10:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

10 months after Europe and the United States got their first cases, and after millions of subsequent cases, the governments still can't say where people are getting infected


Quote:
Asian nations that have used contact tracing successfully to control the disease interview 10 or more contacts for each case. In the U.S., France, the U.K. and Spain, tracers are identifying fewer than four contacts for each case, according to government data.


Quote:
Some German cities have urged people to keep a “contact diary’’ that they could hand to contact tracers if they test positive.


Quote:
In Berlin, meanwhile, Mr. Liecke is putting together a team of special investigators from the Bundeskriminalamt, Germany’s equivalent to the FBI, to get to the bottom of where infections happen most.


DivaORcat16



Joined: 13 May 2020
Posts: 1



Back to top
PostPosted: 11/15/20 11:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think the virus has been circulating on the West Coast since at least November of 2019. I think the timeline that is excepted is way off. There was widespread "flu-like" illnesses in December 2019 in our county and our state. Very serious respiratory illnesses. Most people I know had at least one in their family or everyone get sick. In bed for a week, never been so sick, never took so long recover, illnesses. Of course, those statements don't fit the narrative.

Personal experience.

I could go into detail, but I tend to wander with my stories and give too many details and don't always tie up the loose ends, definitely wouldn't be as well put together as jammer's posts.

Art was my thing NOT English class. Luckily for my kids they are good at both.


jammerbirdi



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 20494



Back to top
PostPosted: 11/16/20 1:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thank you, Diva!

I don’t know how many people I’ve heard the same thing here in LA from. Mrs jammer insists that coronavirus was here in 2019.

If it was in China in 2019, it had to be here. 30 planes a day land at LAX coming from China.

Who knows if we’ll ever know for sure.



_________________
Falsehood will fly on the wings of the wind, and carry its tales to every corner of the earth; whilst truth lags behind; her steps slow and solemn, she has neither the vigour nor activity to overtake her enemy. - Thomas Francklin
FrozenLVFan



Joined: 08 Jul 2014
Posts: 2089



Back to top
PostPosted: 11/16/20 4:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

We hit 11M cases last night, only 6 days after reaching 10M, including 1M cases in children. Hospitals are becoming overwhelmed in the central part of the country.

Yesterday, NH's new cases were 3x times the highest day in the spring. The state gave up contact tracing because they just couldn't keep up. Most of the cases are community acquired and traced back to Halloween parties, family gatherings, colleges, and nursing homes.

We need to accept this is a universal problem and get everyone on board with masks and social distancing. There are many, many people saying online that they're going ahead with Thanksgiving plans with out-of-area guests, and/or won't wear masks.

We live in a country of idiots.

The Moderna vaccine is reported to have 94% efficacy in preventing infection after enrolling 30K volunteers and seems to lessen the severity of disease in the few who got the infection after receiving the vaccine. It didn't have any major side effects, and it also doesn't have the cold storage issue of the Pfizer vax. Additionally, this trial included elderly and high-risk patients as well as ethnic minorities and was effective in all these groups. However, there is no data yet about the persistence of antibodies or long-term efficacy.

Best case scenario is that a final peer-reviewed article supports the above, and the vax gets distributed to healthcare workers around the end of the year. Everyone else won't receive it until late spring to summer.

We still have a long winter ahead of us, and it's going to get a lot worse before it gets better.


readyAIMfire53



Joined: 20 Nov 2004
Posts: 5795
Location: Durham, NC


Back to top
PostPosted: 11/16/20 11:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FrozenLVFan wrote:
We hit 11M cases last night, only 6 days after reaching 10M, including 1M cases in children. Hospitals are becoming overwhelmed in the central part of the country.

Yesterday, NH's new cases were 3x times the highest day in the spring. The state gave up contact tracing because they just couldn't keep up. Most of the cases are community acquired and traced back to Halloween parties, family gatherings, colleges, and nursing homes.

We need to accept this is a universal problem and get everyone on board with masks and social distancing. There are many, many people saying online that they're going ahead with Thanksgiving plans with out-of-area guests, and/or won't wear masks.

We live in a country of idiots.

The Moderna vaccine is reported to have 94% efficacy in preventing infection after enrolling 30K volunteers and seems to lessen the severity of disease in the few who got the infection after receiving the vaccine. It didn't have any major side effects, and it also doesn't have the cold storage issue of the Pfizer vax. Additionally, this trial included elderly and high-risk patients as well as ethnic minorities and was effective in all these groups. However, there is no data yet about the persistence of antibodies or long-term efficacy.

Best case scenario is that a final peer-reviewed article supports the above, and the vax gets distributed to healthcare workers around the end of the year. Everyone else won't receive it until late spring to summer.

We still have a long winter ahead of us, and it's going to get a lot worse before it gets better.


Just had my regular check up today (masked, of course). Last thing we talked about was the vaccine. I told her I trusted her to give me the vaccine in whatever order of priority they have - I'm 67 so would get it fairly soon after it's available. She responded with "I'll give you the same vaccine right after I get vaccinated myself."

Also, since I had COVID and had some trouble working outside for the census, she's ordered me to get a stress test. We discussed that nobody knows what kinds of damage the virus does to those of us who did not need to be hospitalized, but were very sick. Damage to the heart muscle and/or problems with clotting are on the list. Keeping a close eye on kidney numbers also. I've lost 15 pounds since being sick and I'm now a little underweight.

I don't want to find out what happens if I get it again. I really, really don't. Covidiots need to stay away from me. FAR away.

I tested negative, by the way, so I'm not in the case stats. I therefore KNOW that case numbers are underreported. My doc acknowledges that there's nothing else that explains my symptoms, which were just plain weird (though all were on the lists of symptoms that started coming out in April-May).



_________________
Follow your passion and your life will be true down to your core.

~rAf
Ex-Ref



Joined: 04 Oct 2009
Posts: 6232



Back to top
PostPosted: 11/17/20 8:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
FrozenLVFan wrote:
We hit 11M cases last night, only 6 days after reaching 10M, including 1M cases in children. Hospitals are becoming overwhelmed in the central part of the country.

Yesterday, NH's new cases were 3x times the highest day in the spring. The state gave up contact tracing because they just couldn't keep up. Most of the cases are community acquired and traced back to Halloween parties, family gatherings, colleges, and nursing homes.

We need to accept this is a universal problem and get everyone on board with masks and social distancing. There are many, many people saying online that they're going ahead with Thanksgiving plans with out-of-area guests, and/or won't wear masks.

We live in a country of idiots.

The Moderna vaccine is reported to have 94% efficacy in preventing infection after enrolling 30K volunteers and seems to lessen the severity of disease in the few who got the infection after receiving the vaccine. It didn't have any major side effects, and it also doesn't have the cold storage issue of the Pfizer vax. Additionally, this trial included elderly and high-risk patients as well as ethnic minorities and was effective in all these groups. However, there is no data yet about the persistence of antibodies or long-term efficacy.

Best case scenario is that a final peer-reviewed article supports the above, and the vax gets distributed to healthcare workers around the end of the year. Everyone else won't receive it until late spring to summer.

We still have a long winter ahead of us, and it's going to get a lot worse before it gets better.


Just had my regular check up today (masked, of course). Last thing we talked about was the vaccine. I told her I trusted her to give me the vaccine in whatever order of priority they have - I'm 67 so would get it fairly soon after it's available. She responded with "I'll give you the same vaccine right after I get vaccinated myself."

Also, since I had COVID and had some trouble working outside for the census, she's ordered me to get a stress test. We discussed that nobody knows what kinds of damage the virus does to those of us who did not need to be hospitalized, but were very sick. Damage to the heart muscle and/or problems with clotting are on the list. Keeping a close eye on kidney numbers also. I've lost 15 pounds since being sick and I'm now a little underweight.

I don't want to find out what happens if I get it again. I really, really don't. Covidiots need to stay away from me. FAR away.

I tested negative, by the way, so I'm not in the case stats. I therefore KNOW that case numbers are underreported. My doc acknowledges that there's nothing else that explains my symptoms, which were just plain weird (though all were on the lists of symptoms that started coming out in April-May).


I've got an appt. in a month. It's on my list to talk to my doctor about. She's pretty good with keeping me advised about getting vaccines so she will probably bring it up before I get a chance. I'm planning on getting one, but not until I clear it with her first!! I mean there's a reason that she did all those of years of med school and I didn't!!! (Seriously, I don't know how doctors and pharmacists keep up with all of the changes in medicine today. Blows my mind. I've told my doctor that several times. She just laughs.)



_________________
"The biggest antidote to his poison is the vote.” — Nancy Pelosi

"Our democracy is designed to speak truth to power." — Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

"If this guy can be Senator, you can do anything." — Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 55173



Back to top
PostPosted: 11/17/20 2:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Covid Is Resurging, and This Time It’s Everywhere
https://www.wsj.com/articles/new-covid-surge-u-s-restrictions-11605466754?redirect=amp#click=https://t.co/3jTcLMyzV9

Quote:
With a third surge of the Covid-19 pandemic hitting the U.S., many public-health authorities are warning the coronavirus is now so widespread that it will take pervasive new measures to contain it.


Quote:
Now, it is everywhere. People are becoming infected not just at big gatherings, but when they let their guard down, such as by not wearing a mask, while going about their daily routines or in smaller social settings that they thought of as safe—often among their own families or trusted friends.


Quote:
Epidemiologists cite several factors behind the current surge: colder weather driving people indoors, including into bars and restaurants; the return of students to college campuses; public-health measures such as mask-wearing that are recommended but not required in some states; mixed messages about the dangers of the virus; and pandemic fatigue.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
FrozenLVFan



Joined: 08 Jul 2014
Posts: 2089



Back to top
PostPosted: 11/17/20 4:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

A youth hockey game in Vermont led to well over 100 people in 20 towns being infected, and the count is still rising.


tfan



Joined: 31 May 2010
Posts: 8209



Back to top
PostPosted: 11/18/20 12:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I saw an article that showed the virus in the USA is now spreading in an inverse relationship to population density. The largest cities were something like 35 new cases a day per 100k people and that went up as the city got smaller to where it was 60 something per day per 100k in rural areas.

They found a mutation of the coronavirus in Denmark minks which are farmed, and ended up killing all 15 million of them. That mutated virus was found in some humans.


Howee



Joined: 27 Nov 2009
Posts: 13115
Location: OREGON (in my heart)


Back to top
PostPosted: 11/18/20 12:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
I saw an article that showed the virus in the USA is now spreading in an inverse relationship to population density. The largest cities were something like 35 new cases a day per 100k people and that went up as the city got smaller to where it was 60 something per day per 100k in rural areas.

They found a mutation of the coronavirus in Denmark minks which are farmed, and ended up killing all 15 million of them. That mutated virus was found in some humans.

Shocked 15 million? That doesn't seem possible....I mean, NOBODY can take care of 15 million animals, can they?? Shocked

Yep. If this is wave 2, it looks like a tsunami comin'. (Now....where's Glenn with all the poo-pooing of this hoax?)



_________________
Oregon: Go Ducks!
"Inévitablement, les canards voleront"
FrozenLVFan



Joined: 08 Jul 2014
Posts: 2089



Back to top
PostPosted: 11/18/20 1:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
tfan wrote:
I saw an article that showed the virus in the USA is now spreading in an inverse relationship to population density. The largest cities were something like 35 new cases a day per 100k people and that went up as the city got smaller to where it was 60 something per day per 100k in rural areas.

They found a mutation of the coronavirus in Denmark minks which are farmed, and ended up killing all 15 million of them. That mutated virus was found in some humans.

Shocked 15 million? That doesn't seem possible....I mean, NOBODY can take care of 15 million animals, can they?? Shocked

Yep. If this is wave 2, it looks like a tsunami comin'. (Now....where's Glenn with all the poo-pooing of this hoax?)


I think they have 17M minks in >1000 mink farms and >6000 staff. [My rudimentary math skills say each worker cares for nearly 3000 minks.] Denmark supplies 40% of the world's mink pelts with most being sold to China or Singapore.


readyAIMfire53



Joined: 20 Nov 2004
Posts: 5795
Location: Durham, NC


Back to top
PostPosted: 11/18/20 2:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FrozenLVFan wrote:
Howee wrote:
tfan wrote:
I saw an article that showed the virus in the USA is now spreading in an inverse relationship to population density. The largest cities were something like 35 new cases a day per 100k people and that went up as the city got smaller to where it was 60 something per day per 100k in rural areas.

They found a mutation of the coronavirus in Denmark minks which are farmed, and ended up killing all 15 million of them. That mutated virus was found in some humans.

Shocked 15 million? That doesn't seem possible....I mean, NOBODY can take care of 15 million animals, can they?? Shocked

Yep. If this is wave 2, it looks like a tsunami comin'. (Now....where's Glenn with all the poo-pooing of this hoax?)


Wearing mink in Singapore is nothing but conspicuous consumption, given it lies ON the equator! They must have some serious indoor air conditioning going on there!

I think they have 17M minks in >1000 mink farms and >6000 staff. [My rudimentary math skills say each worker cares for nearly 3000 minks.] Denmark supplies 40% of the world's mink pelts with most being sold to China or Singapore.



_________________
Follow your passion and your life will be true down to your core.

~rAf
Howee



Joined: 27 Nov 2009
Posts: 13115
Location: OREGON (in my heart)


Back to top
PostPosted: 11/18/20 2:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FrozenLVFan wrote:
Howee wrote:
tfan wrote:
I saw an article that showed the virus in the USA is now spreading in an inverse relationship to population density. The largest cities were something like 35 new cases a day per 100k people and that went up as the city got smaller to where it was 60 something per day per 100k in rural areas.

They found a mutation of the coronavirus in Denmark minks which are farmed, and ended up killing all 15 million of them. That mutated virus was found in some humans.

Shocked 15 million? That doesn't seem possible....I mean, NOBODY can take care of 15 million animals, can they?? Shocked

Yep. If this is wave 2, it looks like a tsunami comin'. (Now....where's Glenn with all the poo-pooing of this hoax?)


I think they have 17M minks in >1000 mink farms and >6000 staff. [My rudimentary math skills say each worker cares for nearly 3000 minks.] Denmark supplies 40% of the world's mink pelts with most being sold to China or Singapore.


Arghhh. EXTRAORDINARILY sad, imo....especially in this *enlightened* day & age. Crying or Very sad



_________________
Oregon: Go Ducks!
"Inévitablement, les canards voleront"
readyAIMfire53



Joined: 20 Nov 2004
Posts: 5795
Location: Durham, NC


Back to top
PostPosted: 11/18/20 2:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
tfan wrote:
I saw an article that showed the virus in the USA is now spreading in an inverse relationship to population density. The largest cities were something like 35 new cases a day per 100k people and that went up as the city got smaller to where it was 60 something per day per 100k in rural areas.

They found a mutation of the coronavirus in Denmark minks which are farmed, and ended up killing all 15 million of them. That mutated virus was found in some humans.

Shocked 15 million? That doesn't seem possible....I mean, NOBODY can take care of 15 million animals, can they?? Shocked

Yep. If this is wave 2, it looks like a tsunami comin'. (Now....where's Glenn with all the poo-pooing of this hoax?)


Watch out Howee, you're in "ban" territory. I got banned when I didn't even mention any names! We've all noticed the lack of involvement of certain people in this thread as we prepare to cross over the quarter million death mark here in the USA Infection rate in the USA is now 1 million per week. Where's that chloroquine?!?



_________________
Follow your passion and your life will be true down to your core.

~rAf
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 82, 83, 84  Next
Page 83 of 84

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin