RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Coronavirus Pandemic
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Randy

PostPosted: 03/24/20 3:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Let's face it, Kirstie and all the Always Trumpers have drank the aquarium cleaner......

pilight

PostPosted: 03/24/20 3:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
This should be a lesson to us all when we vote for presidents. The attribute of being "presidential" is of paramount importance. Just having a president who shares your ideology is not enough. While a president who is not a great leader can fake it enough to get through every day business, when a crisis hits the piper is suddenly having to be paid.

To be president is to be a symbol of all that is best about the United States. The president is the embodiment of our history, our culture, our morality, our pride of achievement, our ideal of a civilization. The president should, in the harsh light of public scrutiny, exhibit all of our virtues and none of our shortcomings.

PostPosted: 03/24/20 3:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Easter?? WTF!!! I get trying to give people hope, but something specific 2.5 weeks away?

My own daughter is on the front lines (high risk asthma) and re-using masks.

We will be worse than Italy, too many got heads buried in the sand. one death in my town. 2 on my fb I have for my book have family members that have died.

at risk people, yes.

I have been saying this for a while and my friends say I have been nuts.

Maybe

We lost about 435,000 US Troops in WWII.

This will exceed that in deaths.

WWIII in my opinion. Every country is at war. Who said the enemy couldnt be invisible. Each country coming up with its own preparedness, game plans and execution.

I pray we can knock down the curve and you can all make fun of me. I have already offered to eat fried squirrel if it is over by May (this was 4 weeks ago)

All of you, please be safe.

www.barnstormingamerica.net
tfan

PostPosted: 03/24/20 3:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The skills that get you elected as president - great bragging, targeted denigrating, ultra optimistic forecasts (including identifying issues and saying you will fix them), ability to deny/deflect valid criticism - are worthless in a case like this. So you have to hope there are some managerial skills. Trump's bankruptcies showed his managerial skills were bad, but we only really vote based on the normal skillset, so his skill in the applicable area got him elected.

Last edited by tfan on 03/24/20 4:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 03/24/20 4:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The US now has >50K cases, half of which are in NY state. At the current rate, those numbers will double by the end of the week.

toad455

PostPosted: 03/24/20 4:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FrozenLVFan wrote:
The US now has >50K cases, half of which are in NY state. At the current rate, those numbers will double by the end of the week.

Once all 50 states ramp up testing, we should EASILY have 1 million positive cases. Some states are very lax in getting test kits. He's not taking charge at all and leaving the decision making up to each individual state. Being from NJ, I pretty much don't care for my governor, but he's doing fairly well with this.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
tfan

PostPosted: 03/24/20 4:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FrozenLVFan wrote:

Cuomo was saying today that they haven't flattened the curve. But he told De Blasio on March 18 there would be no New York City lockdown, because he felt everyone would go to their friends and relatives in the suburbs. He did limit crowds to 50, which still spreads the virus, and made restaurants takeout. It takes drastic measures to flatten the curve. The states with low numbers of case will allow a community spread with no interstate limitations to introduce more into the community until their numbers go up.

Last edited by tfan on 03/24/20 4:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 03/24/20 4:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CT schools likely closed until fall.

https://www.courant.com/coronavirus/hc-news-coronavirus-update-0324-20200324-5mkjfzjlcjcqtm6rz7wtutz2wy-story.html

Daily coronavirus updates: Connecticut sees 200 new COVID-19 infections in one day as death toll reaches 12; Gov. Lamont urges those who can to stay home

PostPosted: 03/24/20 4:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
justintyme wrote:
This should be a lesson to us all when we vote for presidents. The attribute of being "presidential" is of paramount importance. Just having a president who shares your ideology is not enough. While a president who is not a great leader can fake it enough to get through every day business, when a crisis hits the piper is suddenly having to be paid.

To be president is to be a symbol of all that is best about the United States. The president is the embodiment of our history, our culture, our morality, our pride of achievement, our ideal of a civilization. The president should, in the harsh light of public scrutiny, exhibit all of our virtues and none of our shortcomings.

who said that? did you say that, pilight?

PostPosted: 03/24/20 4:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sambista wrote:
pilight wrote:
justintyme wrote:

who said that? did you say that, pilight?

It's a paraphrase from a 90's comedy

PostPosted: 03/24/20 6:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Trump rhetoric and coronavirus case/death timeline.
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Yr6lnPVc4tg" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
bcdawg04

PostPosted: 03/24/20 6:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
FrozenLVFan wrote:

Once all 50 states ramp up testing, we should EASILY have 1 million positive cases. Some states are very lax in getting test kits. He's not taking charge at all and leaving the decision making up to each individual state. Being from NJ, I pretty much don't care for my governor, but he's doing fairly well with this.

One map shows how many coronavirus tests each US state has done so far

Quote:
The data shows that two states with large outbreaks — Washington and New York — have tested the highest shares of their populations.

As of when this article was published 21 hours ago, New York had tested 61401 people (3156 tests per million). Washington had tested 30875 (4055 per million).

Testing needs still far outweigh capacity. Our country has no clue how widespread this is. Any state governor still waiting for the feds to lead needs to wake up. That's not going to happen.

I'm not overly enamored with Governor Inslee, but I do have confidence that he is listening to the scientists. (And I'm sure Inslee doesn't give a sh!t that Trump called him a "snake" two and a half weeks ago.)

jammerbirdi

PostPosted: 03/24/20 6:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

From The Hill:

“President Trump’s job approval rating has jumped by 5 points in the latest Gallup survey, matching the high point of his presidency, as a majority of voters say they have a positive view of how the president has handled the coronavirus pandemic.

The new poll finds Trump’s job approval rating at 49 percent, up from 44 percent in the same survey earlier this month. The 49 percent job approval rating is the high mark for Trump since he came into office. He first hit that mark in late January, shortly before he was acquitted by the Senate in his impeachment trial.

The president’s job approval rating has remained steady among Republicans (92 percent), but he’s gained 8 points among independents (43 percent) and 6 points among Democrats (13 percent).

It appears that Trump’s handling of the coronavirus response is behind the approval rating bump. Sixty percent of voters overall said they approve of the job Trump is doing to address the epidemic, including 94 percent of Republicans, 60 percent of independents and 27 percent of Democrats.

Trump has been criticized by a number of Democrats in Washington who say he was too slow to recognize the threat of the virus and that he downplayed the threat at critical moments early on. A shortage of test kits has been a major problem, although it appears testing in the U.S. is accelerating fast.

But the president’s daily press briefings, in which he has surrounded himself with health experts, appear to be cutting through to the public.”

PostPosted: 03/24/20 6:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That's really not that great of an approval number considering we haven't hit the "people are dying in large quantities" point of the pandemic yet. Right now we are mostly inconvenienced but the shit hasn't hit the fan.

Once what is happening in Italy starts to happen here, those numbers are going to plummet. Especially when people remember how he was talking about how it was "almost over" before it even really began.

PostPosted: 03/24/20 6:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/489285-gallup-trump-job-approval-rating-matches-all-time-high

Quote:
Gallup analyst Jeffrey M. Jones likened the jump in approval to those past presidents have received during times of crisis.

"Historically, presidential job approval has increased when the nation is under threat. Every president from Franklin Roosevelt through George W. Bush saw their approval rating surge at least 10 points after a significant national event of this kind. Bush's 35-point increase after 9/11 is the most notable rally effect on record," Jones wrote.

"During these rallies, independents and supporters of the opposing party to the president typically show heightened support for the commander in chief."

If a horrible president like Bush can get a 35-pt bump out of 911, Trump getting a 5-pt rise for a killer virus pandemic should be considered a net negative.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned

Last edited by Shades on 03/24/20 7:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Genero36

PostPosted: 03/24/20 7:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
"To everyone who has left New York over the last few days, because of the rate of the number of cases, you may have been exposed before you left New York," Dr. Deborah Birx said at a White House press briefing, adding that "everybody who was in New York should be self-quarantining for the next 14 days to ensure that the virus doesn't spread to others."

"No matter where they have gone, whether it's Florida or North Carolina or out to the far reaches of Long Island," Birx said.

With surging positive tests, New York has become the epicenter of coronavirus cases in the US. Birx's guidance comes as more than 51,000 cases were reported nationwide by Tuesday afternoon -- more than half of them in New York.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/24/politics/coronavirus-new-york-self-quarantine/index.html

PostPosted: 03/24/20 7:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<embed><iframe width="1280" height="720" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Pg99vyhbdIw" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe></embed>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pg99vyhbdIw

PostPosted: 03/24/20 7:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Gallup: Trump job approval rating matches all-time high

Quote:
The new poll finds Trump's job approval rating at 49 percent, up from 44 percent in the same survey earlier this month. The 49 percent job approval rating is the high mark for Trump since he came into office. He first hit that mark in late January, shortly before he was acquitted by the Senate in his impeachment trial.

The president's job approval rating has remained steady among Republicans (92 percent), but he's gained 8 points among independents (43 percent) and 6 points among Democrats (13 percent).

It appears that Trump's handling of the coronavirus response is behind the approval rating bump. Sixty percent of voters overall said they approve of the job Trump is doing to address the epidemic, including 94 percent of Republicans, 60 percent of independents and 27 percent of Democrats.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/gallup-trump-job-approval-rating-matches-all-time-high/ar-BB11Ey9g?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=mailsignout

PostPosted: 03/24/20 7:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Re-make of ABBA's "Dancing Queen" as "COVID Queen." Smile

Quote:
"You are the COVID queen
Smart and clean
Stuck in quarantine
COVID queen
Netflixing for your safety, oh yeah."

and

"You can dance
You can jive
As long as you do it inside
Ooh, see that girl
From behind the screen
Digging the quarantine."

https://www.wthr.com/article/2-women-recreate-classic-abba-song-inspire-you-spread-joy-not-germs

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 03/24/20 7:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Since it seems likely that we're all going to get this sooner or later, now I'm wishing I'd gotten sick a month ago, when ICU beds were more readily available. 20/20 hindsight.

pilight

PostPosted: 03/24/20 8:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FrozenLVFan wrote:
Since it seems likely that we're all going to get this sooner or later, now I'm wishing I'd gotten sick a month ago, when ICU beds were more readily available. 20/20 hindsight.

My heart surgery came at just the right time

PostPosted: 03/24/20 8:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Genero36 wrote:
Quote:
The new poll finds Trump's job approval rating at 49 percent, up from 44 percent in the same survey earlier this month. The 49 percent job approval rating is the high mark for Trump since he came into office. He first hit that mark in late January, shortly before he was acquitted by the Senate in his impeachment trial..

....all of which goes to prove that people's Scaredy-ness is directly proportional to their Stupid-ness.

PostPosted: 03/24/20 8:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

‘I’d rather die’: Glenn Beck joins the GOP call for old people to sacrifice themselves to coronavirus

Quote:
“I would rather have my children stay home and all of us who are over 50 go in and keep this economy going and working,” he continued. “Even if we all get sick, I’d rather die than kill the country, because it’s not the economy that’s dying, it’s the country.”

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/03/id-rather-die-glenn-beck-joins-the-gop-call-for-old-people-to-sacrifice-themselves/

PostPosted: 03/24/20 8:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
FrozenLVFan wrote:

My heart surgery came at just the right time

Same . I had extensive back surgery in January.

cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 03/24/20 9:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

"you're gonna have thousands of suicide"

THE GUY IS A FUCKING MENTAL CASE.

But his polling numbers have gone up.

Says a lot about US citizens, imo.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 36 of 100

Jump to: