RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Coronavirus Pandemic
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bcdawg04

PostPosted: 03/04/20 7:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

King County health officials announce new recommendations to reduce risk of spread of COVID-19

Quote:
March 4, 2020

Public Health is recommending, but not requiring, the following steps:
•People at higher risk of severe illness should stay home and away from large groups of people as much as possible, including public places with lots of people and large gatherings where there will be close contact with others. People at higher risk include:
◦People 60 and older
◦People with underlying health conditions including heart disease, lung disease, or diabetes
◦People who have weakened immune systems
◦People who are pregnant
•Workplaces should enact measures that allow people who can work from home to do so. Taking these measures can help reduce the number of workers who come into contact with COVID-19 and help minimize absenteeism due to illness
•If you can feasibly avoid bringing large groups of people together, consider postponing events and gatherings.
•Public Health is not recommending closing schools at this time. If there is a confirmed case of COVID-19, Public Health will work with the school and the district to determine the best measures including potential closure of the school.
•All people should not go out when they are sick.
•Avoid visiting hospitals, long term care facilities, or nursing homes to the extent possible. If you need to go, limit your time there and keep six feet away from patients.

Case update:

COVID-19 test results have come back from the Washington State Public Health Laboratory confirming ten additional cases of COVID-19 in King County residents including one death. With these ten new results, the total number of cases in King County is 31. The total number of deaths is nine.

The cause of the outbreak at LifeCare Center (in Kirkland, WA) is unknown as none of the residents or staff traveled recently. The first case in North Carolina is a person who recently visited LifeCare and then flew home to North Carolina. Officials are trying to contact the other people who were on that flight.

The first death in the US was at Harborview Medical Center in Seattle. My sister works at that hospital. Fortunately, she was not exposed, but it does make me think about the healthcare workers who on the front lines of treating the COVID-19 patients.

Genero36

PostPosted: 03/04/20 7:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
I've always been one for a solid fist bump.

Not even. Let's just bow like the Japanese.

PostPosted: 03/04/20 7:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bye, bye, Olympics.

Genero36

PostPosted: 03/04/20 8:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<embed><iframe width="1046" height="588" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/R12N6ubQvFE" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe></embed>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R12N6ubQvFE

PostPosted: 03/04/20 8:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PostPosted: 03/04/20 9:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Even worse than hand shaking right now is those European “air kisses” near one or both cheeks.

Just heard on the news a recommendation that anyone who is having symptoms stay home from work for two weeks. Then they pointed out that many people, including those in retail and restaurants, don’t get that kind of sick leave.

Conway Gamecock

PostPosted: 03/05/20 5:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Genero36 wrote:
<embed><iframe width="1046" height="588" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/R12N6ubQvFE" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe></embed>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R12N6ubQvFE

Well of course Liar Trump is going to push his lying policies of lying to the American People, because that's the only successful policy he's ever implemented:

<embed><iframe width="1046" height="588" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/D0j72HwE6SY" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe></embed>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0j72HwE6SY

(CNN)- President Donald Trump sought to lay blame on the Obama administration for slowing down new diagnostic testing, but a Republican senator's office and a lab association said this is not correct.

"The Obama administration made a decision on testing that turned out to be very detrimental to what we're doing," Trump said Wednesday during a meeting on addressing the coronavirus outbreak. "And we undid that decision a few days ago so that the testing can take place in a much more rapid and accurate fashion."

An aide to Sen. Lamar Alexander, R-Tennessee, said the Obama administration made no such rule change. The aide, Taylor Haulsee, said the Obama administration did propose that the Food and Drug Administration have more oversight over approving diagnostic tests, but that did not go through.

"There has not yet been significant regulatory reform of diagnostics passed by Congress," Haulsee said.

Alexander served as chairman of the Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor and Pensions while those changes were being considered during the Obama administration.
A policy expert at the Association of Public Health Laboratories agreed with Haulsee's assessment.

When asked about Trump's remarks, Peter Kyriacopolous, chief policy officer at the association, said: "We aren't sure what rule is being referenced."

He added that "there was an intense interest from FDA to pursue regulation of lab-developed tests during the Obama administration, but it never occurred. FDA did a lot of work on this, but there never was a final rule that came out of all that work."

The White House did not offer a comment when asked to explain why the President said it was an Obama-era decision.

sambista

PostPosted: 03/05/20 6:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sambista wrote:
one of my american friends here in portugal, a southern californian, and i decided independently that we should stockpile food and supplies in the event we find ourselves quarantined in our own apartments. and there aren't even any reported cases in portugal yet (bate na madeira!).

then a friend in the bay area texted me today about stockpiling at costco, said the line for water was almost to the front of the store, and they couldn't stock toilet paper and paper towels fast enough. (funny, 'cause i was just thinking, when i did my grocery order online, that i didn't get enough toilet paper and paper towels!)

as i made my online order, i noticed that the most common items - like black beans and coffee - and the most common brands were out of stock, and i couldn't claim a delivery time before friday, two days from now. like i said, we have no reported cases in portugal as of now.

so now i'm asking folks in other parts of the country (and other continents): are you seeing evidence of stockpiling as a result of the coronavirus? i'm beginning to suspect that a lot of folks are secretly freaking out.

those survivalists holed up in the woods and/or underground . . . they don't seem so nutso right about now, huh? because this won't be the last virus (or fill-in-the-blank) to menace the globe.

correction: portugal has 6 cases, 1 death.

PostPosted: 03/05/20 7:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tripe is talking about "hundreds of thousands" of people just sitting around getting better, sometimes even going to work and getting better.

can we airlift his ass to the cruise ship anchored off san francisco, for a one-on-one survey?

i tried to listen to penance last night, but after the second "thanks to the good work of . . .," i had to mute it.

w. t. f.

we must stop this madness. by any means necessary.

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 03/05/20 9:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sambista wrote:
tripe is talking about "hundreds of thousands" of people just sitting around getting better, sometimes even going to work and getting better.

can we airlift his ass to the cruise ship anchored off san francisco, for a one-on-one survey?

i tried to listen to penance last night, but after the second "thanks to the good work of . . .," i had to mute it.

w. t. f.

we must stop this madness. by any means necessary.

a FUCKING men

PostPosted: 03/05/20 3:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

btw, anyone else having flashbacks to "the last ship"?

PostPosted: 03/05/20 4:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BREAKING NEWS: Mike Pence admits America does NOT have enough testing kits to meet coronavirus demand as senators are told pledge for one million this week will NOT happen

Quote:
Mike Pence said the White House would not be able to follow through on its promise to deliver 1 million coronavirus testing kits by the end of this week

'We don't have enough tests today to meet what we anticipate the demand going forward,' the vice president admitted

He made the remarks while visiting a 3M Company plant in Minnesota Thursday

Earlier this week, Pence and other administration officials vowed the new kits would be available for doctors and local health officials

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8080111/Mike-Pence-admits-America-does-NOT-testing-kits-meet-coronavirus-demand.html

PostPosted: 03/05/20 4:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Washington county with nine coronavirus deaths urges ALL its 2.2MILLION residents to work from home, pulls 22,000 students from school and tells everyone over 60 to stay indoors - while state officials warn primary voters not to lick ballots

Quote:
11 people in the US have died from the COVID-19 coronavirus and 165 people have tested positive nationwide

Washington state has been at the epicenter of the coronavirus outbreak in the US, with 44 cases and 10 deaths

In the state, King County has recorded nine deaths, and Snohomish County has one recorded death

California's Placer County has recorded one death after a cruise ship passenger died from the virus

In Washington state, most deaths were linked to a Seattle-area nursing home under federal investigation

King County health officials urged businesses to allow employees to telecommute for the next three weeks

They also recommended that higher-risk groups - including people over 60 and who have underlying health issues - to stay home and away from large social gatherings

Northshore School District, which serves 22,000 students in King and Snohomish counties, announced late Wednesday that it was closing all 36 of its schools after a parent tested 'presumptive positive' for coronavirus

State officials have asked voters not to lick mail-in ballots for the March 10 primary

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8076427/Washington-county-31-coronavirus-patients-advises-residents-work-home.html

PostPosted: 03/05/20 4:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYC teacher showing signs of coronavirus spent days in the classroom after Italy trip

Quote:
After THE CITY revealed her story Wednesday, Mayor Bill de Blasio said during a coronavirus-related news conference that the teacher would soon be tested. School officials said the school where she teaches would be “deep cleaned” and city Health Department “disease detectives” would visit.

If the teacher tests positive for coronavirus, the Department of Education says all the children in her class and any educators who were in “close contact” with the woman would be tested. Schools Chancellor Richard Carranza said so far there’s no indication of any students showing symptoms.

Meanwhile, four other New York City public school teachers who reported they’d traveled to coronavirus hot zones in the last few weeks and are displaying potential symptoms have reached out to their union, the United Federation of Teachers. The union told them to seek medical treatment.

Until Wednesday, the city Department of Education had issued coronavirus precautions only for educators and students who’d traveled in China.

https://chalkbeat.org/posts/ny/2020/03/04/nyc-teacher-showing-signs-of-coronavirus-spent-days-in-the-classroom-after-italy-trip/

PostPosted: 03/05/20 4:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So congressman Ted Lui tweeted yesterday that LA County Supervisor Janice Hahn told him that there was one corona virus testing kit in all of LA County.

Honestly, I think we’ve already had it. Corona Light you could call it. Went to a Lakers game about three weeks ago. There were two non English speaking Asian young people sitting next to us, the guy just continually coughed the whole game. Two days later I come down with a quick onset cold. Soft palate misery. Suck on a zinc lozenge twice a day. Start to get a wicked cough. But the zinc kicks in and the entire thing changes. Probably never happened like that in my life. Still sick with a cold for a solid week but no more of the misery. Just fucking snot city. Everything clear. Occasional sneeze. Overall, the only way I could describe the experience was different. .

And I continue to feel viral, on the verge of a cold, etc. I think this thing has been in the general population for a while. But I’m guessing, of course. You’d have to think we’d have more deaths if it were ... but with no testing going on in Los Angeles? How would we know?

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 03/05/20 5:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Genero36 wrote:
BREAKING NEWS: Mike Pence admits America does NOT have enough testing kits to meet coronavirus demand as senators are told pledge for one million this week will NOT happen

Quote:
Mike Pence said the White House would not be able to follow through on its promise to deliver 1 million coronavirus testing kits by the end of this week

'We don't have enough tests today to meet what we anticipate the demand going forward,' the vice president admitted

He made the remarks while visiting a 3M Company plant in Minnesota Thursday

Earlier this week, Pence and other administration officials vowed the new kits would be available for doctors and local health officials

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8080111/Mike-Pence-admits-America-does-NOT-testing-kits-meet-coronavirus-demand.html

This is exactly why Trump handed this off to Pence. No way to bullshit/lie/deflect/lie/bullshit/deflect/blame/harangue/bullshit/lie you're way to beat a virus.

PostPosted: 03/05/20 5:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
Even worse than hand shaking right now is those European “air kisses” near one or both cheeks.

Just heard on the news a recommendation that anyone who is having symptoms stay home from work for two weeks. Then they pointed out that many people, including those in retail and restaurants, don’t get that kind of sick leave.

Financially, no doubt, this will suck at all levels--government, businesses, and individuals.

Washington has issued an emergency order directed at state-regulated health insurance carriers to provide novel coronavirus visits and testing without co-pays and deductible payments. I don't think that is a small thing (depending on the fine print).

As far as missing two or so weeks of work...Washington does have employer-paid sick leave. Virtually all employees in the state of Washington are eligible (though I suspect many don't have two weeks' worth of sick time available). This could stretch a small business when the pandemic is affecting its revenue stream.

As of Jan 1, 2020, Washington has a new, state-run Paid Family Medical Leave. The state added a payroll tax at the start of 2019 to fund the program, with both the employer and the employee contributing. Naturally, the state underestimated the number of people who would apply for it and the program is currently overwhelmed with applications. It will be interesting to see how many years it takes for the state to pay out PFML benefits to those who already applied and to COVID-19 patients (and to see how much the state raises the PFML tax).

But that's just financially speaking. There's a lot going on, a lot to think about. Life could look drastically different within the next week or two or three.

5thmantheme

PostPosted: 03/05/20 5:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

South Korea = yes

British Columbia = yes

Pence says USA = no

bcdawg04 wrote:

Washington has issued an emergency order directed at state-regulated health insurance carriers to provide novel coronavirus visits and testing without co-pays and deductible payments. I don't think that is a small thing (depending on the fine print).

No small thing indeed.
Washington State = yes but slow

toad455

PostPosted: 03/05/20 6:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FrozenLVFan wrote:
Bye, bye, Olympics.

Not yet, and it'll probably be postponed at first. A decision won't be made until May.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
toad455

PostPosted: 03/05/20 6:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Genero36 wrote:
Washington county with nine coronavirus deaths urges ALL its 2.2MILLION residents to work from home, pulls 22,000 students from school and tells everyone over 60 to stay indoors - while state officials warn primary voters not to lick ballots

Quote:
11 people in the US have died from the COVID-19 coronavirus and 165 people have tested positive nationwide

Washington state has been at the epicenter of the coronavirus outbreak in the US, with 44 cases and 10 deaths

In the state, King County has recorded nine deaths, and Snohomish County has one recorded death

California's Placer County has recorded one death after a cruise ship passenger died from the virus

In Washington state, most deaths were linked to a Seattle-area nursing home under federal investigation

King County health officials urged businesses to allow employees to telecommute for the next three weeks

They also recommended that higher-risk groups - including people over 60 and who have underlying health issues - to stay home and away from large social gatherings

Northshore School District, which serves 22,000 students in King and Snohomish counties, announced late Wednesday that it was closing all 36 of its schools after a parent tested 'presumptive positive' for coronavirus

State officials have asked voters not to lick mail-in ballots for the March 10 primary

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8076427/Washington-county-31-coronavirus-patients-advises-residents-work-home.html

Not sure how everyone can work from home. Not every job involves working from a computer. Too many industries and trades can't have their employees work from home. It'll be curious how this is handled for those not capable of working from home.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Genero36

PostPosted: 03/05/20 8:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PostPosted: 03/05/20 9:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Too many fucking stupid people. Teachers who don't stay out of work after getting sick after traveling to Italy, and more sick teachers who ask their union reps what to do and not their doctors. A medical center employee (also recently in Italy) with the virus who infected a co-worker and was told by health officials to self-quarantine and instead decides to attend a social event with >200 other people. A VP who says Oh yeah, a million test kits this week, then actually checks with the manufacturer and says Oops.

This is why this is going to get a lot worse before it's better.

Genero36

PostPosted: 03/06/20 9:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<embed><iframe width="713" height="401" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/7slbc56SROY" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe></embed>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7slbc56SROY

PostPosted: 03/06/20 9:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

A full list below:

https://www.epa.gov/sites/production/files/2020-03/documents/sars-cov-2-list_03-03-2020.pdf

PostPosted: 03/06/20 9:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 2 of 100

Jump to: