RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Coronavirus Pandemic
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 74, 75, 76 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 05/26/20 8:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
...Between people (who need a paycheck) not associating a headache or stomach ache with coronavirus, and all the asymptomatic people, to have haircuts and no spread of the virus probably requires well-fitted N95 masks on both parties.

You're pointing out a big failure of the media and govt in not providing accurate news stories and PSA's, respectively, about the presentation of this illness and the purpose and usage of masks.

I'm going to get my haircut on Thursday, and I've been contemplating the whole mask issue. I'm not sure it's possible to keep an N95 dry and in position during a haircut given the straps' location. Maybe it would be better for the stylist to have the N95.

Howee

PostPosted: 05/26/20 10:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yay for Howard Stern. Cool

PostPosted: 05/27/20 8:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

this is what i've been saying all along, that the people who love trump, trump wouldn't deign to have so much as a beer with.

PostPosted: 05/27/20 8:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sambista wrote:
this is what i've been saying all along, that the people who love trump, trump wouldn't deign to have so much as a beer with.

As long as they feel that he hates the people they hate they're good...

PostPosted: 05/27/20 2:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Trump got over 60 million votes. That included the majority of people who have memberships at his clubs. The rich in the entertainment industry like Stern are all Democrats. But there are plenty of rich Republicans.

How many beers would any president have with blue collar folks? The people we vote on are Ivy leaguers. Bush 1 - BA Yale, Dukakis - Harvard Law, Bill Clinton, Hillary Clinton - Yale Law, Al Gore Harvard AB, Bush 2 Yale BA, Harvard MBA, Barack Obama - Columbia BA, Harvard Law, John Kerry - Yale BA, Donald Trump - BS Penn, Mitt Romney Harvard MBA, Harvard Law

Last edited by tfan on 05/28/20 6:01 pm; edited 2 times in total
pilight

PostPosted: 05/27/20 2:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sambista wrote:

Trump doesn't drink, so that doesn't prove anything Laughing

PostPosted: 05/27/20 3:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Genero36 wrote:
sambista wrote:

Absolutely nailed it and entirely explained Trump’s rise to and hold on power in less than 15 words. Those people are at war now and I don’t blame them.

Couple of books out now, one by a UCONN professor, both saying in essence what I’ve said here so many times. It’s essential that the Democratic Party throw off their donors and get back to being the party of working class Americans.

I’ll link to them in a thread where I said what they’re offering in their books here three years ago. And that was by no means the first time I’d said it.

PostPosted: 05/27/20 4:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jammerbirdi wrote:
Genero36 wrote:
sambista wrote:

Absolutely nailed it and entirely explained Trump’s rise to and hold on power in less than 15 words. Those people are at war now and I don’t blame them.

Couple of books out now, one by a UCONN professor, both saying in essence what I’ve said here so many times. It’s essential that the Democratic Party throw off their donors and get back to being the party of working class Americans.

I’ll link to them in a thread where I said what they’re offering in their books here three years ago. And that was by no means the first time I’d said it.

I bet Genero was only saying Trump and his supporters hate blacks and Hispanics.

jammerbirdi

PostPosted: 05/27/20 4:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oops. Yeah, good point. That's not what I meant. lol. Gee, we were so close there for a second to solving the central political problem of our times.

PostPosted: 05/27/20 4:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/jUNEFJ5WqgI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
sambista

PostPosted: 05/28/20 4:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/jUNEFJ5WqgI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

culling. the. herd.

PostPosted: 05/28/20 4:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sambista wrote:
culling. the. herd.

Kinda. Except that they're not the ones who are gonna die, it's mostly going to be their parents/grandparents.
If this was a virus where you're only putting yourself at risk, things would be so much simpler.

PostPosted: 05/28/20 7:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Herd immunity. Is this really the way it works??? I've read what herd immunity is, but this is the first time I've ever seen what may be science behind it. I've read that because I'm immune I won't be spreading it to people that I come into contact with. Nothing about giving pieces of my DNA to them.

Quote:
“When a virus invades our body it uses our own DNA and RNA to replicate (duplicate many times) itself inside our cells. When it does that it literally takes a piece of us (our DNA) with it. So, once we recover from the virus, or our body keeps it in check, we no longer have symptoms, but still have viral remnants and antibodies to that virus. Then when we are around others who have not had exposure, we can give them immunity by our contact with them. They get ‘little pieces’ of our DNA, conquered virus, or antibodies, and then their immune system develops a response and the create their own antibodies to the virus without having any symptoms.”

https://www.inwhitleycounty.com/covid-19/i-encourage-all-of-us-who-are-healthy-and-younger-to-be-out-there-doing/article_4ca7a4a1-b0bf-5762-9ffe-a75e8a267f56.html?fbclid=IwAR1ZYgB_wTPZvp29_g0HPR8e3nDm4o9MSCXvPOxDqJnLKYD34Rj_qtHALqQ

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
tfan

PostPosted: 05/28/20 8:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
Herd immunity. Is this really the way it works??? I've read what herd immunity is, but this is the first time I've ever seen what may be science behind it. I've read that because I'm immune I won't be spreading it to people that I come into contact with. Nothing about giving pieces of my DNA to them.

Quote:
“When a virus invades our body it uses our own DNA and RNA to replicate (duplicate many times) itself inside our cells. When it does that it literally takes a piece of us (our DNA) with it. So, once we recover from the virus, or our body keeps it in check, we no longer have symptoms, but still have viral remnants and antibodies to that virus. Then when we are around others who have not had exposure, we can give them immunity by our contact with them. They get ‘little pieces’ of our DNA, conquered virus, or antibodies, and then their immune system develops a response and the create their own antibodies to the virus without having any symptoms.”

https://www.inwhitleycounty.com/covid-19/i-encourage-all-of-us-who-are-healthy-and-younger-to-be-out-there-doing/article_4ca7a4a1-b0bf-5762-9ffe-a75e8a267f56.html?fbclid=IwAR1ZYgB_wTPZvp29_g0HPR8e3nDm4o9MSCXvPOxDqJnLKYD34Rj_qtHALqQ

Have never heard it mentioned before and no mention of that phenomenon at WebMD:

What is herd immunity?

Last edited by tfan on 05/28/20 8:35 am; edited 2 times in total
sambista

PostPosted: 05/28/20 8:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
sambista wrote:
culling. the. herd.

Kinda. Except that they're not the ones who are gonna die, it's mostly going to be their parents/grandparents.
If this was a virus where you're only putting yourself at risk, things would be so much simpler.

you're probably right, but there were some older people in that clip, like idiot dad who said his wife and kids would be cool. i say go ahead, you stupid people. go on out there and live it up. while you can.

PostPosted: 05/28/20 9:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:

Quote:

This guy is really in the health department in an official medical capacity?

PostPosted: 05/28/20 9:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:

Quote:

Have never heard it mentioned before and no mention of that phenomenon at WebMD:

What is herd immunity?

Thanks. WebMD was one of the sites that I had looked at. I thought that maybe I had totally misunderstood what it was all about.

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 05/28/20 9:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:

Quote:

This guy is really in the health department in an official medical capacity?

Laughing

Shades

PostPosted: 05/28/20 11:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/_bGyHwP1wSQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 05/28/20 11:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

People have been calling for the Dem. Party "to get back to its roots" for about, oh, 30 years or so.

Many despised Bill Clinton, et al., for becoming GOPlite, a condition which dominates, degrades, and haunts the party to this day.

In the meantime, the incumbent POTUS is a clear and present danger and must be rejected in November before any serious reworking, as unlikely as it is, of the Dem. Party can occur. First things first.

PostPosted: 05/28/20 3:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hopkins discussion of herd immunity.
https://www.jhsph.edu/covid-19/articles/achieving-herd-immunity-with-covid19.html

And another interesting discussion touching on herd immunity, the need for a vaccine, and what our lives need to look like before one is available. Borio was the Director for Medical and Biodefense Preparedness at the National Security Council before that program was disbanded by Trump.
https://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/931185?src=wnl_edit_tpal&uac=369619HT&impID=2398308&faf=1#vp_1
Insightful comment from an MD after reading that interview:
"A country that has prioritized thinking how to have even more money flowing to the ones that already have it and indulging in the present without preparing for the future, will have the results we have had on this pandemic. If on top of that, a high percentage of this country is made up of science deniers and modern day prophets and "freedom" fundamentalists: disaster."

Genero36

PostPosted: 05/29/20 2:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Trump announces US ‘terminating’ relationship with WHO

Quote:
"Because they have failed to make the requested and greatly needed reforms, we will be today be terminating our relationship with the World Health Organization and redirecting those funds to other worldwide and deserving urgent global public health needs," Trump said at a press conference.

Quote:
"The world is now suffereing as a result of the misfeasance of the Chinese government," Trump said.

Quote:
"Chinese officials ignored their reporting obligations to the World Health Organization and pressured the World Health Organization to mislead the world when the virus was first discovered by Chinese authorities," he said. "Countless lives have been taken and profound economic hardship has been inflicted across the globe."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-announces-us-terminating-relationship-with-who/ar-BB14Mlot?ocid=spartanntp

PostPosted: 05/30/20 8:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Genero36 wrote:

Quote:
"Because they have failed to make the requested and greatly needed reforms, we will be today be terminating our relationship with the World Health Organization and redirecting those funds to other worldwide and deserving urgent global public health needs," Trump said at a press conference.

Quote:
"The world is now suffereing as a result of the misfeasance of the Chinese government," Trump said.

Quote:
"Chinese officials ignored their reporting obligations to the World Health Organization and pressured the World Health Organization to mislead the world when the virus was first discovered by Chinese authorities," he said. "Countless lives have been taken and profound economic hardship has been inflicted across the globe."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-announces-us-terminating-relationship-with-who/ar-BB14Mlot?ocid=spartanntp

This is so appalling that I can't even wrap my mind around it.

Op-Ed NYT piece.
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/29/opinion/trump-who-world-health-organization.html

Shades

PostPosted: 05/30/20 10:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/4YeCGd8Stu0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

PUmatty

PostPosted: 05/30/20 11:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FrozenLVFan wrote:
Genero36 wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

This is so appalling that I can't even wrap my mind around it.

Op-Ed NYT piece.
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/29/opinion/trump-who-world-health-organization.html

It's almost like Will Hurd is a member of Congress who could have - and still could - do something about this.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 74, 75, 76 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 75 of 100

Jump to: