RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Coronavirus Pandemic
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 46, 47, 48 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Genero36

PostPosted: 04/02/20 12:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

More than 40 spring breakers who ignored public health advice test positive for coronavirus

Quote:
(CNN) — Dozens of spring breakers from Texas boarded a plane for fun and came home with coronavirus.

About 70 people in their 20s chartered a plane from Austin, Texas, to Mexico for spring break two weeks ago. They went against the advice of White House officials who asked that people avoid gathering in groups of more than 10 and nonessential air travel.

Now 44 of those people have tested positive for coronavirus -- all of them University of Texas at Austin students, a university spokesman told CNN on Wednesday.

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/austin-spring-breakers-coronavirus-trnd/index.html

PostPosted: 04/02/20 12:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

2 dead from coronavirus, 45 ill after March choir rehearsal

Quote:
Of the some 60 people who attended the Skagit Valley Chorale rehearsal in Mount Vernon, 28 members have confirmed cases of the virus, according to Kayla Schott-Bresler of Skagit County Public Health.

The practice was in full compliance with state guidance at the time, a statement from the group said.

"Please know that this has been an extremely difficult and sad time for chorale members and leadership," the group said. "Our group feels like a family, so you might imagine our grief."

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/01/us/washington-choir-practice-coronavirus-deaths/index.html

PostPosted: 04/02/20 1:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don’t understand the “no gatherings more than 10”. The virus is quite capable of spreading within a society doing gatherings of 2.

Genero36

PostPosted: 04/02/20 1:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

You Shouldn't Be Wearing Gloves to Go Grocery Shopping

Quote:
This novel coronavirus doesn’t enter the body through your hands, so you don’t need any kind of barrier there. If you touch a contaminated surface with gloves, and touch something else, you’re as likely to spread it as you are if you touch things with your bare hands. Maybe even more likely: “The adhesive properties of viruses differ among viruses; it’s possible the coronavirus could adhere to the latex gloves better than it could adhere to your own skin,” says Reynolds. And hands can be effectively washed and used again right away.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/wellness/you-shouldnt-be-wearing-gloves-to-go-grocery-shopping/ar-BB11YPuZ?li=BBnba9O

PostPosted: 04/02/20 1:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
I don’t understand the “no gatherings more than 10”. The virus is quite capable of spreading within a society doing gatherings of 2.

The more people, the less likely you are practicing social distancing properly.

PostPosted: 04/02/20 4:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

After Threats, Anthony Fauci to Receive Enhanced Personal Security

the new york times wrote:
The idea that Dr. Fauci is responsible for the country’s hardship — and for whatever political damage Mr. Trump might suffer as a result — was fueled in part by a moment during a news briefing in which Dr. Fauci dropped his head and touched his forehead as the president was speaking. The image went viral online and right-wing supporters of Mr. Trump cited it as evidence that Dr. Fauci sought to undercut the president.

One anti-Fauci Twitter post last week said, “Sorry liberals but we don’t trust Dr. Anthony Fauci.”

The hashtag #FauciFraud has been used by more than 70 Twitter accounts, some posting hundreds of times a day, according to an analysis by The New York Times. Criticism of Dr. Fauci has also come from leading conservative voices and supporters of Mr. Trump, including Tom Fitton, the president of Judicial Watch, a conservative group; Bill Mitchell, the host of the far-right online talk show “YourVoice America”; and Shiva Ayyadurai, who has falsely claimed to be the inventor of email.

these people are more dangerous than the virus.

PostPosted: 04/02/20 4:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

if you really knew me - no, i mean, like family knows me, like friends of 40-plus years know me - you would not believe that i'm sharing this video. but if you watch it, just ask yourself: isn't it true that, armed with the force described here, there is nothing we wouldn't do to solve and resolve our troubles, from personal relationships to global matters?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/xFmO6a0fRs8" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

PostPosted: 04/02/20 4:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That choir practice virus spreading story is as sad as this funeral virus spreading story in Georgia.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/days-after-a-funeral-in-a-georgia-town-coronavirus-hit-like-a-bomb/ar-BB11VJoW

taropatch

PostPosted: 04/02/20 4:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sambista wrote:
After Threats, Anthony Fauci to Receive Enhanced Personal Security

the new york times wrote:
The idea that Dr. Fauci is responsible for the country’s hardship — and for whatever political damage Mr. Trump might suffer as a result — was fueled in part by a moment during a news briefing in which Dr. Fauci dropped his head and touched his forehead as the president was speaking. The image went viral online and right-wing supporters of Mr. Trump cited it as evidence that Dr. Fauci sought to undercut the president.

One anti-Fauci Twitter post last week said, “Sorry liberals but we don’t trust Dr. Anthony Fauci.”

The hashtag #FauciFraud has been used by more than 70 Twitter accounts, some posting hundreds of times a day, according to an analysis by The New York Times. Criticism of Dr. Fauci has also come from leading conservative voices and supporters of Mr. Trump, including Tom Fitton, the president of Judicial Watch, a conservative group; Bill Mitchell, the host of the far-right online talk show “YourVoice America”; and Shiva Ayyadurai, who has falsely claimed to be the inventor of email.

these people are more dangerous than the virus.

Can't believe these scumbags. We have a fully-credentialed man who's trying to help us survive this crisis and they want to take him out?

sambista

PostPosted: 04/02/20 7:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

all right. so, i know how dangerous broaching a religious subject can be. this isn't intended to provoke anyone. i myself am not "religious" in a conventional sense. i believe in a higher power, or powers, but i wouldn't deign to name or characterize it or them. (i did, however, enjoy the years of "game of thrones," when i often said, "i swear, by the old gods and new . . .")

it's just an interesting read. that's all.

The Apocalypse as an ‘Unveiling’: What Religion Teaches Us About the End Times

Shamain Webster, who lives in the suburbs outside of Dallas, has seen the signs of a coming apocalypse for a while now, just as the Bible foretold.

Kingdom would rise against kingdom, Jesus taught his disciples in the Book of Luke. Ms. Webster sees widespread political division in this country. There will be fearful events, and great signs from heaven, he said. She sees biblical values slipping away. A government not acting in the people’s best interest. And now this — a pandemic.

But Ms. Webster, 42 and an evangelical Christian, is unafraid. She has been listening online to one of her favorite preachers, who has called the coronavirus pandemic a “divine reset.”

“These kinds of moments really get you to re-evaluate everything,” she said. As everyone goes through a period of isolation, she added, God is using it for good, “to teach us and train us on how to live life better.”

For people of many faiths, and even none at all, it can feel lately like the end of the world is near. Not only is there a plague, but hundreds of billions of locusts are swarming East Africa. Wildfires have ravaged Australia, killing an untold number of animals. A recent earthquake in Utah even shook the Salt Lake Temple to the top of its iconic spire, causing the golden trumpet to fall from the angel Moroni’s right hand.

PostPosted: 04/02/20 8:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Qx1XCAeePWA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 04/02/20 9:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sambista wrote:
all right. so, i know how dangerous broaching a religious subject can be. this isn't intended to provoke anyone. i myself am not "religious" in a conventional sense. i believe in a higher power, or powers, but i wouldn't deign to name or characterize it or them. (i did, however, enjoy the years of "game of thrones," when i often said, "i swear, by the old gods and new . . .")

it's just an interesting read. that's all.

The Apocalypse as an ‘Unveiling’: What Religion Teaches Us About the End Times

Shamain Webster, who lives in the suburbs outside of Dallas, has seen the signs of a coming apocalypse for a while now, just as the Bible foretold.

Kingdom would rise against kingdom, Jesus taught his disciples in the Book of Luke. Ms. Webster sees widespread political division in this country. There will be fearful events, and great signs from heaven, he said. She sees biblical values slipping away. A government not acting in the people’s best interest. And now this — a pandemic.

But Ms. Webster, 42 and an evangelical Christian, is unafraid. She has been listening online to one of her favorite preachers, who has called the coronavirus pandemic a “divine reset.”

“These kinds of moments really get you to re-evaluate everything,” she said. As everyone goes through a period of isolation, she added, God is using it for good, “to teach us and train us on how to live life better.”

For people of many faiths, and even none at all, it can feel lately like the end of the world is near. Not only is there a plague, but hundreds of billions of locusts are swarming East Africa. Wildfires have ravaged Australia, killing an untold number of animals. A recent earthquake in Utah even shook the Salt Lake Temple to the top of its iconic spire, causing the golden trumpet to fall from the angel Moroni’s right hand.

Seems like humans generally assign some pious meaning to catastrophic events, and every generation seems to have its "signs of the apocalypse" moment.

I'd guess similar things were said in 1918.

I would agree Trump is very anti-christ-like.

PostPosted: 04/02/20 9:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

“The Campaign Panicked”: Inside Trump’s Decision to Back Off of His Easter Coronavirus Miracle

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2020/04/inside-trumps-decision-to-back-off-of-his-easter-coronavirus-miracle

Quote:
Trump also grew concerned as the virus spread to Trump country. “The polling sucked. The campaign panicked about the numbers in red states. They don’t expect to win states that are getting blown to pieces with coronavirus,” a former West Wing official told me. From the beginning of the crisis, Trump had struggled to see it as anything other than a political problem, subject to his usual arsenal of tweets and attacks and bombast. But he ultimately realized that as bad as the stock market was, getting coronavirus wrong would end his presidency. “The campaign doesn’t matter anymore,” he recently told a friend, “what I do now will determine if I get reelected.”

PostPosted: 04/02/20 12:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

In a Pandemic, Do Doctors Still Have a Duty to Treat?

Quote:
I believe health care workers will continue to make the sacrifices necessary to treat patients. However, it would be a mistake for people to assume that our professional obligations are unconditional. An unconditional obligation would absolve society of its own responsibilities. And there are many.

For instance, health care workers should not be forced to incur additional risk because people don’t want to practice social distancing (vacationers flocking to Florida beaches during spring break come to mind). We shouldn’t have to pay for shortsighted government policies that have already eviscerated our public health infrastructure and may soon lead to the premature relaxation of social distancing rules. And of course, we need proper masks.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/02/opinion/coronavirus-doctors-duty.html?referringSource=articleShare

toad455

PostPosted: 04/02/20 1:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wrestlemania is the first sporting event to be held since all sports were shutdown a month ago. Wrestlemania will be held this weekend in Orlando at the WWE training camp facility . No fans will be present.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
sambista

PostPosted: 04/02/20 1:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/VjXLYauk1uQ" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

i'm sorry. that's just a mean-spirited god fuckin with us. or maybe it's the devil, showing who has the upper hand now.

and i really am not religious. not really. well, not a lot.

PostPosted: 04/02/20 1:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Some Americans could wait 20 weeks to receive stimulus checks, IRS tells House Democrats

Quote:
Washington (CNN)Americans likely won't begin to see direct payments from the coronavirus stimulus bill until at least April 13 and it could take 20 weeks for all the checks to be mailed, Trump administration officials told lawmakers, according to a House Democratic memo obtained by CNN.

The timeline means tens of millions of Americans will have to wait to get badly needed assistance, despite repeated suggestions from Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin that the money would go out as soon as April 6. He said this past Sunday after passage of the $2.2 trillion stimulus bill that payments would not go out until mid-April.

CNN reported in March that former IRS officials said the wait would likely be weeks or months.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/02/politics/stimulus-20-weeks-irs/index.html

PostPosted: 04/02/20 1:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Wrestlemania is the first sporting event to be held since all sports were shutdown a month ago. Wrestlemania will be held this weekend in Orlando at the WWE training camp facility . No fans will be present.

Wrestlemania isn't a sporting event

PostPosted: 04/02/20 1:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/M-7XJhuEnjY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

PUmatty

PostPosted: 04/02/20 2:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/M-7XJhuEnjY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

He clearly is lying about this.

pilight

PostPosted: 04/02/20 2:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:

Probably. However, I have no problem believing he's that ignorant.

PostPosted: 04/02/20 2:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
PUmatty wrote:

Probably. However, I have no problem believing he's that ignorant.

It's hard to decide which would be worse.

Randy

PostPosted: 04/02/20 2:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:

Our idiot governor of Georgia has also taken "I'm stupid defense."

Shades

PostPosted: 04/02/20 2:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I was talking about players being carriers for the coronavirus before symptoms even show up in the WNBA section over a month ago. I’m that much more informed than a governor?
http://boards.rebkell.net/viewtopic.php?t=97569&start=558

Quote:
I would guess this player would have to go through a two week quarantine just to play it safe. You can be a carrier for coronavirus for two weeks before symptoms show up, and this virus spreads as easily as a cold.

Genero36

PostPosted: 04/02/20 2:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<embed><iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/5W9mZRNZwVE" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe></embed>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5W9mZRNZwVE

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 46, 47, 48 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 47 of 100

Jump to: