RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Coronavirus Pandemic
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 45, 46, 47 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
toad455

PostPosted: 03/31/20 5:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 03/31/20 8:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

For comparison to the above, these are the deaths, which to me are a much more reliable indication of what's really happening (due to the big variation in willingness/ability to test people)
A change in the deaths trend will lag behind the actual (as opposed to reported) infections trend by 2-3 weeks.

PostPosted: 03/31/20 9:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If you can stand another COVID-19 story. This is a nurse that had worked the COVID hotline, but couldn't get a test because she didn't have a fever. Crying or Very sad

Quote:
I am going to be truthful. The reason I waited so long to go to the hospital is because I thought I am going to be admitted and die alone. I was scared that I am never going to see my 2 daughters again. But I went anyways.

Quote:
I am so short of breath just repositioning myself in the bed. I never even turned on my tv to this day because I only focus on breathing.

Quote:
My oxygen needs have been increasing. I need to be on a minimum of 3 liters nasal canula to each low 90s on my sats. I am continuing to have coughing fits which are more frequent and harder and harder to breathe afterwards.

https://www.facebook.com/stacy.rodriguez.900

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
jammerbirdi

PostPosted: 03/31/20 9:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
If you can stand another COVID-19 story. This is a nurse that had worked the COVID hotline, but couldn't get a test because she didn't have a fever. Crying or Very sad

Quote:
I am going to be truthful. The reason I waited so long to go to the hospital is because I thought I am going to be admitted and die alone. I was scared that I am never going to see my 2 daughters again. But I went anyways.

Quote:
I am so short of breath just repositioning myself in the bed. I never even turned on my tv to this day because I only focus on breathing.

Quote:
My oxygen needs have been increasing. I need to be on a minimum of 3 liters nasal canula to each low 90s on my sats. I am continuing to have coughing fits which are more frequent and harder and harder to breathe afterwards.

Terrible misery. Again, like China and Italy, young medical workers aren’t simply being e posed to the virus, which is something, unfortunately, that we might expect, but they’re getting severe illness, which is something that we need to learn a lot more about.

PostPosted: 03/31/20 10:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jammerbirdi wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Terrible misery. Again, like China and Italy, young medical workers aren’t simply being e posed to the virus, which is something, unfortunately, that we might expect, but they’re getting severe illness, which is something that we need to learn a lot more about.

Yeah, it's got to be really bad when you kind of know what's coming.

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
sambista

PostPosted: 04/01/20 12:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
sambista wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:
sambista wrote:
he needs to shut up right now. he's digging that hole again.

I don't know how you can watch him. It disgusts me to think that his is the face of our nation. Just makes me sick to think of all his ineptitude and all of the people that have died because of it.

Is this you sambista??😉
Quote:
As Russian dissident Garry Kasparov notes, this is one place where Trump is like other authoritarians: He’s less interested in getting you to believe his story then he is in getting you to believe in nothing at all, so that he can improvise and lie at will without fear of contradiction.

Quote:
And, yes, watching a Trump press conference shakes my faith in my fellow citizens.

Quote:
I hear Trump contradict his own words, even as they’re being read to him verbatim, and I wonder how Americans watching a president brazenly lie end up angry at the journalist who asked the question rather than Trump himself.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/voices/2020/03/31/trump-coronavirus-briefings-watching-to-bear-witness-column/5094794002/

i agree with it, but why would it be me?

Just what you said yesterday about liking to hearing what Trump says unfiltered.

Also I didn't post the quote where the writer said that he listens to all of Trump's speeches, pressers, etc. So it really didn't make sense the way I posted it. Sorry.

no worries!

PostPosted: 04/01/20 12:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
The hospital brass are probably worried they will be sued for malpractice so they want the docs to shut up. The admins job is not to save lives but to save their ass.

there will be no time or means to sue over that in the new world we'll find ourselves in.

PostPosted: 04/01/20 6:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Indy doctor does his own drive through testing for $100.00.

Quote:
“That’s the part that really surprises me,” he told WTHR. “I’m one doctor, working out of my living room and my car, and I was able to get a testing program online in five days. So if I can do it, I’d like to think there’s a place out that can do this way better than me. That’s really my goal and what I want to see somebody do. I want this idea to be stolen again and improved upon so people who really need to be tested can have the access they need.”

https://www.wthr.com/article/indianapolis-doctor-says-his-100-drive-thru-coronavirus-testing-service-legit

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 04/01/20 6:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Another nurse's experience.

Quote:
Within those 17 days we have now been told we do not get a N95 mask unless the patient is on 6 liters or higher of oxygen or if they are receiving aerosolized medication. We get 1 surgical mask for the entire week, unless that one becomes wet by wearing it for 12+ hours straight per shift. That same mask is to be worn into every patient room and while at the nurses station or through the halls of the hospital. We have been told we no longer need to use hair or shoe covers. The masks are under lock and key and you have to receive permission to get a new one. Although, respiratory therapists, MD's, PA's, NP's, etc. are allowed N95 masks

Quote:
17 days ago we were told we'd take 2 patients per nurse because of how heavy these patients are and how quickly they decline, many within hours, are being transported to ICU. We are now taking 4 patients per nurse. And it was then instructed that we will be increasing up to 8 per nurse.

https://www.wthr.com/article/nurse-describes-scary-conditions-working-inside-coronavirus-unit-indianapolis-hospital

jammerbirdi

PostPosted: 04/01/20 7:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Washington Post: Human connection bolsters the immune system. That’s why it’s more important than ever to be kind.

“For everyone quarantined in solitude, aching and afraid for far-flung family and friends, this science can provide some solace. A supportive phone call, an empathetic ear, an expression of love — these things can bolster the immune system on a molecular level. Whether you are the recipient or the giver, kindness is good for your health.

There are powerful protective effects that we shouldn’t ignore,” said Julianne Holt-Lunstad, a professor of psychology and neuroscience at Brigham Young University. “And the extent to which we cannot only be open to receiving support from others … but be a source of support to them, can potentially help us all get through this.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/science/2020/03/31/coronavirus-human-connection-social-distancing/

PostPosted: 04/01/20 9:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/_c7ylagRqdA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Shades

PostPosted: 04/01/20 10:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jeff Bezos sold $3.4bn of Amazon stock just before Covid-19 collapse
https://www.theguardian.com/business/2020/mar/27/jeff-bezos-sold-34bn-of-amazon-stock-just-before-covid-19-collapse

Quote:
Regulatory filings show that Bezos sold $3.4bn worth of Amazon shares in the first week of February, just before the stock price peaked.

There is no suggestion that Bezos acted improperly by selling the shares or that he was acting on non-public information about the impact of the pandemic. But his timing was near-perfect. The share sales, which represented about 3% of his total holding, were much greater than Bezos had made in previous months. The stock sold was as much as he had sold in the previous 12 months, according to analysis by the Wall Street Journal.

sambista

PostPosted: 04/01/20 11:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

this is the kinda shit tripe has time to do when we're sick and dying, or just looking the other way:

Obamacare Markets Will Not Reopen, Trump Decides

PostPosted: 04/01/20 11:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/UwpwBOM4JSE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

toad455

PostPosted: 04/01/20 1:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Florida finally issues a lock down.

toad455

PostPosted: 04/01/20 1:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wimbledon has been canceled.

Genero36

PostPosted: 04/01/20 1:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<embed><iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Luc_bbQuqjE" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe></embed>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Luc_bbQuqjE

PostPosted: 04/01/20 2:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sambista wrote:
this is the kinda shit tripe has time to do when we're sick and dying, or just looking the other way: Obamacare Markets Will Not Reopen, Trump Decides

I'm curious about this: IF anybody is furloughed, etc., AND their employer no longer offers health coverage, aren't they at least eligible for COBRA coverage? I know that can be a pricey option, but at least it's still a possibility for some. Shutting down any options on health care IS an evil thing on his part.

Now, from the article, THIS:

Quote:
Bolsonaro, isolated and defiant, dismisses the coronavirus threat to Brazil.

As cases and deaths mount in Brazil, President Jair Bolsonaro has remained defiant, the last notable holdout among major world leaders in denying the severity of the coronavirus. Brazilians, he declared last week, are uniquely suited to weather the pandemic because they can be dunked in raw sewage and “don’t catch a thing.”
[...] His handling of the crisis has led to consternation across the country’s political spectrum as congressional leaders, editorial boards and the head of the Supreme Court have essentially beseeched Brazilians to ignore their president. A movement to impeach Mr. Bolsonaro is gaining popular support, with Brazilians banging pots from their windows nightly to repudiate their president.

“He has demonstrated that he is unfit to be president,” said Maria Hermínia Tavares de Almeida, a political scientist at the University of São Paulo. “He remains in power for one very simple reason: No one wants to create a political crisis to oust him in the midst of a health emergency.”

Aren't you glad for your foresight? You REALLY dodged a bullet with your move. Cool

Last edited by Howee on 04/01/20 2:14 pm; edited 2 times in total
Shades

PostPosted: 04/01/20 2:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hLCjdpOJApM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 04/01/20 2:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

More ER doctors and nurses get their pay and benefits cut.

Quote:
A Major Medical Staffing Company Just Slashed Benefits for Doctors and Nurses Fighting Coronavirus

Alteon Health, backed by private-equity firms Frazier Healthcare Partners and New Mountain Capital, will cut salaries, time off and retirement benefits for providers, citing lost revenue. Several hospital operators announced similar cuts.

https://www.propublica.org/article/coronavirus-er-doctors-nurses-benefits

Shades

PostPosted: 04/01/20 4:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/PecZA_ADSmE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Genero36

PostPosted: 04/01/20 6:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PostPosted: 04/01/20 8:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

There is a poll that makes it hard to understand how Trump has improved his approval ratings recently. 61% of registered voters feel that Trump was unprepared for the crisis with 46% saying “very unprepared” and 15% saying “somewhat unprepared”. 14% said “very prepared” and 18% saying “somewhat prepared”.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2020/04/01/trump-unprepared-for-coronavirus-outbreak-poll/5101764002/

Quote:
The responses varied greatly by political party. Sixty-three percent of Republicans thought Trump had been prepared, while 85% of Democrats did not. Sixty-five percent of independents thought the president was unprepared, and 26% said he was prepared (only 8% of them said "very prepared").

Congress did not fare much better, with 28% saying it was prepared and 62% saying it was not.

justintyme

PostPosted: 04/01/20 8:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
There is a poll that makes it hard to understand how Trump has improved his approval ratings recently. 61% of registered voters feel that Trump was unprepared for the crisis with 46% saying “very unprepared” and 15% saying “somewhat unprepared”. 14% said “very prepared” and 18% saying “somewhat prepared”.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2020/04/01/trump-unprepared-for-coronavirus-outbreak-poll/5101764002/

Because his poll numbers aren't good in context. There is always a "rally around the flag" boost to poll numbers during times of national crisis. Just look at the historical context of 9/11 and other major events.

But compared to the boost you normally would expect, Trump's has been pitiful.

PostPosted: 04/01/20 9:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
tfan wrote:

Because his poll numbers aren't good in context. There is always a "rally around the flag" boost to poll numbers during times of national crisis. Just look at the historical context of 9/11 and other major events.

But compared to the boost you normally would expect, Trump's has been pitiful.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 45, 46, 47 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 46 of 100

Jump to: