RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

Actual Trades/Signings
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 21142



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/28/20 2:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sparks have re-signed Chelsea Gray.



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 21142



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/28/20 6:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aces have signed Lindsey Allen to a training camp contract.



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 53892



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/28/20 6:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Laimbeer is being greedy.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Richyyy



Joined: 17 Nov 2005
Posts: 22003
Location: London


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/28/20 8:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Aces have signed Lindsey Allen to a training camp contract.

I wouldn't be surprised if she just signed the qualifying offer, but where are you getting that from? I don't see an announcement anywhere.

ETA: Nevermind, I see Mo said her sources confirmed she'd be back in camp. Which means she may not actually have signed anything yet, and it certainly wouldn't have to be a training camp contract.



_________________
Independent WNBA coverage: http://www.wnbalien.com/
jap



Joined: 01 Apr 2007
Posts: 7577



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/29/20 12:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Sparks have re-signed Chelsea Gray.


Alrighty now! The Closer is officially in the House!!!



_________________
Regards,
J A P
willtalk



Joined: 13 Apr 2012
Posts: 873
Location: NorCal


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/29/20 5:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jap wrote:
toad455 wrote:
Sparks have re-signed Chelsea Gray.


Alrighty now! The Closer is officially in the House!!!


I believe that outcome was pretty much a given.



_________________
No one one is ever as good as their best game, nor as bad as their worst.
Richyyy



Joined: 17 Nov 2005
Posts: 22003
Location: London


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/29/20 3:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Minnesota finally confirmed that Zandalasini's been re-signed.



_________________
Independent WNBA coverage: http://www.wnbalien.com/
jap



Joined: 01 Apr 2007
Posts: 7577



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/29/20 4:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

willtalk wrote:
jap wrote:
toad455 wrote:
Sparks have re-signed Chelsea Gray.


Alrighty now! The Closer is officially in the House!!!


I believe that outcome was pretty much a given.


I'm aware of that - after all, she was the last to return last year too, but I like everything to be resolved in an official capacity, nevertheless.



_________________
Regards,
J A P
toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 21142



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/02/20 10:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fever sign Belgium PG Julie Allemand to a multi-year deal!!

https://fever.wnba.com/news/indiana-fever-sign-julie-allemand/

Quote:
The 5-foot-8 guard is averaging 8.1 points, 5.4 assists, 3.8 rebounds and 1.3 steals in 13 games with Lyon (France) in EuroLeague play this season. Allemand was selected with the 33rd pick in the 2016 WNBA Draft by the Fever. She continued to play overseas and did not play in games with Indiana.



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
PUmatty



Joined: 10 Nov 2004
Posts: 15126
Location: Chicago


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/02/20 10:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Fever sign Belgium PG Julie Allemand to a multi-year deal!!

https://fever.wnba.com/news/indiana-fever-sign-julie-allemand/

Quote:
The 5-foot-8 guard is averaging 8.1 points, 5.4 assists, 3.8 rebounds and 1.3 steals in 13 games with Lyon (France) in EuroLeague play this season. Allemand was selected with the 33rd pick in the 2016 WNBA Draft by the Fever. She continued to play overseas and did not play in games with Indiana.


Is there anything about "mulit-year" that keeps this from being a training camp fodder contract?


toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 21142



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/02/20 10:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
toad455 wrote:
Fever sign Belgium PG Julie Allemand to a multi-year deal!!

https://fever.wnba.com/news/indiana-fever-sign-julie-allemand/

Quote:
The 5-foot-8 guard is averaging 8.1 points, 5.4 assists, 3.8 rebounds and 1.3 steals in 13 games with Lyon (France) in EuroLeague play this season. Allemand was selected with the 33rd pick in the 2016 WNBA Draft by the Fever. She continued to play overseas and did not play in games with Indiana.


Is there anything about "mulit-year" that keeps this from being a training camp fodder contract?


yeah, don't get the multi-year deal here. She hasn't been with the team before and isn't really doing well overseas. I'd assume her contract isn't guaranteed, but then why the "multi-year"?



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 53892



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/02/20 10:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Allemand wasn’t an unrestricted free agent, like Johannes. She was drafted by the Fever in 2016 and it looks like they held onto her rights. The “multiyear deal” part is a little deceptive, I think. It sure got toad excited. She would sign a rookie contract which is what... a multiyear deal (3-4 years). It’s definitely not guaranteed though.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned


Last edited by Shades on 03/02/20 10:40 am; edited 1 time in total
PUmatty



Joined: 10 Nov 2004
Posts: 15126
Location: Chicago


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/02/20 10:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Allemand wasn’t an unrestricted free agent, like Johannes. She was drafted by the Fever and it looks like they held onto her rights. The “multiyear deal” part is a little deceptive, I think. She would sign a rookie contract which is what... a multiyear deal (3-4 years). It’s definitely not guaranteed though.


The phrasing in the release through me, but that makes sense.


Richyyy



Joined: 17 Nov 2005
Posts: 22003
Location: London


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/02/20 11:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yeah, 'multi-year' does actually mean it can't be a training camp contract - by definition those have to be one year. Unlike most of the foreigners drafted these days, it likely means she never signed the rookie scale deal and the contract is just her finally signing that deal. Although technically, if she signed it back in 2016 and just never showed up - which is now the standard move for most international draftees - it would've expired by now and they'd have had to have signed a new contract.



_________________
Independent WNBA coverage: http://www.wnbalien.com/
Michelle89



Joined: 17 Nov 2010
Posts: 15767
Location: Holland


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/06/20 2:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I like Allemand. Very steady PG but needs to work on her shot more. She has played really well for Belgium. She doesnt get enough credit for it because Meesseman is the big star. But that team is nothing without her Laughing



_________________
"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Richyyy



Joined: 17 Nov 2005
Posts: 22003
Location: London


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/06/20 8:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Be fair - without Allemand they have Marjorie Carpreaux running the point, and while that wouldn't be as good of a team, it'd be wildly entertaining Smile.



_________________
Independent WNBA coverage: http://www.wnbalien.com/
awhom111



Joined: 19 Nov 2014
Posts: 2694



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/06/20 9:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Be fair - without Allemand they have Marjorie Carpreaux running the point, and while that wouldn't be as good of a team, it'd be wildly entertaining Smile.


No respect for Julie Vanloo Sad

Allemand is an interesting example of a player really improving her point guard play over time.
PUmatty



Joined: 10 Nov 2004
Posts: 15126
Location: Chicago


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/07/20 11:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Fever send Shenise Johnson to the Lynx for to move up to spots in the second round this year and an extra third round next year. Most importantly, they get rid of her guaranteed contract.

If Johnson is able to get back to the place she was before her injuries, good move for the Lynx. If she isn't (or maybe even is she is) good move for the Fever.

Good move for Johnson, who will probably benefit from a change in scenery and moving on from a team that is moving on without her.


Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 53892



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/07/20 1:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The only way guaranteed contracts would be a problem in this case is if they felt Johnson wasn’t good enough to make the roster and they didn’t want that to be a factor that might prevent them from cutting her.

According to MDB, Indiana only had 4 guaranteed contracts including Johnson and now they have 3. That could be a league low.

This is the last year in Johnson’s contract. I doubt that Indiana have multiple big moves coming this year that they needed to clear Johnson’s guaranteed contract off the books.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Michelle89



Joined: 17 Nov 2010
Posts: 15767
Location: Holland


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/08/20 4:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

awhom111 wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
Be fair - without Allemand they have Marjorie Carpreaux running the point, and while that wouldn't be as good of a team, it'd be wildly entertaining Smile.


No respect for Julie Vanloo Sad

Allemand is an interesting example of a player really improving her point guard play over time.


Vanloo played the sg position off the bench more



_________________
"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 21142



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/13/20 9:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sun sign Jackie Gemelos to a training camp contract.



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
PUmatty



Joined: 10 Nov 2004
Posts: 15126
Location: Chicago


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/13/20 12:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Sun sign Jackie Gemelos to a training camp contract.


Why?

For those wondering, Gemelos is now 31 years old.


mavcarter
#NAPT


Joined: 02 Sep 2010
Posts: 5294
Location: Chicago


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/13/20 2:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
toad455 wrote:
Sun sign Jackie Gemelos to a training camp contract.


Why?

For those wondering, Gemelos is now 31 years old.


Passion for the game would be my honest guess.



_________________
wrote:
Or maybe said poster should quit being a nuisance when people don’t agree?
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 53892



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/13/20 3:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Gemelos’ Eurocup numbers are decent.




_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
PUmatty



Joined: 10 Nov 2004
Posts: 15126
Location: Chicago


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/13/20 5:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
toad455 wrote:
Sun sign Jackie Gemelos to a training camp contract.


Why?

For those wondering, Gemelos is now 31 years old.


Passion for the game would be my honest guess.


My question is why would they sign her? Why would anyone?


Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin