Board Junkies Forums

Actual Trades/Signings
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 02/20/20 10:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
PickledGinger wrote:
My take from this is that Courtney Williams needs to be the star and she knew she was never going to be allowed to do that in Connecticut. The histrionics with her father during the playoffs is evidence #1. Also with her recent music video release in mind, it is possible that she wanted to be closer to the hip hop industry, which I’m sure is much stronger in ATL than it is in Uncasville, Connecticut.

Naw, it was a money issue. She was pointing out on Twitter all the money they were giving Bonner. My best guess is they wanted her to take a one year deal at max so they could leave their options open on the Thomases for next season. There’s not enough money with the cap to pay 5 players max (around $1 million) and then pay the rest of the 6 or 7 players with the little amount that’s remaining.

I predicted this crisis might happen nine days ago.

Anyone who analyzed the Sun's cap situation predicted this.

Then again, in a phone call with Rebkell lurkers/occasional posters, I predicted you would take credit for posting something that was blatantly obvious.

readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 02/20/20 6:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
Shades wrote:
PickledGinger wrote:
My take from this is that Courtney Williams needs to be the star and she knew she was never going to be allowed to do that in Connecticut. The histrionics with her father during the playoffs is evidence #1. Also with her recent music video release in mind, it is possible that she wanted to be closer to the hip hop industry, which I’m sure is much stronger in ATL than it is in Uncasville, Connecticut.

Naw, it was a money issue. She was pointing out on Twitter all the money they were giving Bonner. My best guess is they wanted her to take a one year deal at max so they could leave their options open on the Thomases for next season. There’s not enough money with the cap to pay 5 players max (around $1 million) and then pay the rest of the 6 or 7 players with the little amount that’s remaining.

I predicted this crisis might happen nine days ago.

Anyone who analyzed the Sun's cap situation predicted this.

Then again, in a phone call with Rebkell lurkers/occasional posters, I predicted you would take credit for posting something that was blatantly obvious.
Laughing

~rAf
Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 02/20/20 7:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Sparks Sign Four-Time WNBA Champion Seimone Augustus

https://sparks.wnba.com/news/sparks-sign-four-time-wnba-champion-seimone-augustus/

I don't know what is more surprising... the fact that she signed or how LA actually had enough money to sign her Shocked Razz

toad455

PostPosted: 02/20/20 7:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Admiral_Needa wrote:
Quote:

https://sparks.wnba.com/news/sparks-sign-four-time-wnba-champion-seimone-augustus/

I don't know what is more surprising... the fact that she signed or how LA actually had enough money to sign her Shocked Razz

They have to be letting Gray go elsewhere.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
myrtle

PostPosted: 02/20/20 8:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Admiral_Needa wrote:
Quote:

why, oh why? I guess they need at least one old, almost useless vet on the bench.

- Amanda Gorman
myrtle

PostPosted: 02/20/20 8:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Admiral_Needa wrote:
Quote:

They have to be letting Gray go elsewhere.

wtf! why would they do that? She's not listed on their roster but it makes no sense whatsoever.

- Amanda Gorman
SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 02/20/20 8:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Admiral_Needa wrote:

why, oh why? I guess they need at least one old, almost useless vet on the bench.

Players usually "become" superstars when they escape the Lynx so I wouldn't be surprised if the Sparks win a title thanks to their newest superstar in Lynx Reject Seimone Augustus, but I'm not betting on it. Smile

Last edited by SpaceJunkie on 02/20/20 8:39 pm; edited 2 times in total
myrtle

PostPosted: 02/20/20 8:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm waiting to hear that Fowles is demanding out of Minny too.

- Amanda Gorman
Randy

PostPosted: 02/20/20 9:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:

Never happen. Remember - she's loyal. Laughing

justintyme

PostPosted: 02/20/20 9:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:

Fowles was offered out last year and she turned it down.

The Lynx might approach her again and see of they can't get something for her if they are going to fully commit to the youth movement. But I don't see it as being player initiated.

PostPosted: 02/20/20 9:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
myrtle wrote:

Never happen. Remember - she's loyal. Laughing

yeah right.

- Amanda Gorman
Stormeo

PostPosted: 02/20/20 9:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I log back in to the board after not even six hours of being off of it and suddenly Augustus not only didn’t retire but also signed with a team not named Minnesota? And it was the freakin’ SPARKS??? Laughing Laughing Laughing

#WNBAFreeAgency2020

SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 02/20/20 9:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
I log back in to the board after not even six hours of being off of it and suddenly Augustus not only didn’t retire but also signed with a team not named Minnesota? And it was the freakin’ SPARKS??? Laughing Laughing Laughing

#WNBAFreeAgency2020

At least, for the first time in her career, Augustus will finally be able to play for a team with a great head coach, and whose goal is to win championships, and actually builds a team around her. I don't see the Lynx putting players like Gray, Parker, Toliver, Ogwumike, etc. around the Augustus so they can compete like the Sparks have done, so clearly the Sparks value Augustus in that they aren't wasting her talents, like the Lynx have done.

ChiSky54

PostPosted: 02/20/20 11:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sky re-signed Quigley yesterday. Just saw it today.

https://sky.wnba.com/news/chicago-sky-re-sign-three-time-all-star-allie-quigley/

PostPosted: 02/21/20 12:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

What the hell did we sign Seimone for? She's well past her prime. The only post prime player allowed on this roster is Ace. Who the hell is running the show in Tinsel Town anyway?

PostPosted: 02/21/20 1:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jap wrote:
What the hell did we sign Seimone for? She's well past her prime. The only post prime player allowed on this roster is Ace. Who the hell is running the show in Tinsel Town anyway?

I think she’s taking Beard’s spot, who’s a couple years older.

I kinda agree. The people who are talking about the Lynx going to the lottery just because Augustus left are the same ones who are insisting Augustus needs to be gone from Team USA. The Lynx and the Mayo Clinic know all about Augustus’ knees. They know those knees will never be fully healthy again. It could be as a parting gift that Augustus agreed to be a poison pill for the hated Sparks. Cool

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Michelle89

PostPosted: 02/21/20 4:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Does this mean that Baybay is not returning?

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 02/21/20 4:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
jap wrote:

I think she’s taking Beard’s spot, who’s a couple years older.

I kinda agree. The people who are talking about the Lynx going to the lottery just because Augustus left are the same ones who are insisting Augustus needs to be gone from Team USA. The Lynx and the Mayo Clinic know all about Augustus’ knees. They know those knees will never be fully healthy again. It could be as a parting gift that Augustus agreed to be a poison pill for the hated Sparks. Cool

Laughing The WNBA (or any competition outside of maybe pro wrestling for that matter) can only dream of being this level of conniving, but I like the thought

PostPosted: 02/21/20 5:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
Does this mean that Baybay is not returning?

She fits in the current situation as well. They may have to cut someone before actually signing Gray (depends both on how much they gave Augustus and on exactly how they're interpreting their own rules this offseason - I'm trying to check at the moment), but it'd be a Mabrey/Gulich type, not RWilliams.

I think I saw someone say that she had a court date coming up very soon though, which could obviously change things if it goes badly for her.

PostPosted: 02/21/20 12:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

[quote="PickledGinger"]My take from this is that Courtney Williams needs to be the star and she knew she was never going to be allowed to do that in Connecticut. The histrionics with her father during the playoffs is evidence #1. Also with her recent music video release in mind, it is possible that she wanted to be closer to the hip hop industry, which I’m sure is much stronger in ATL than it is in Uncasville, Connecticut.[/quote]

The money issue: CT offered her LOW money and multiple years, thus limiting the dollars she could earn by pushing her to become a UFA later in the cycle. They did not low ball JJ; they paid SUPER MAX in a trade for 4 years for DB; Williams wanted a shorter deal with more $ and CT said no. The only "max" offer that came to CW was after she said she wanted out. Her agent gave them many chances and they F-ed it up. Miller and COX - or whomever is running the show because I dont think Miller is the GM anymore, at least not in the way they interview Cox and her input on all player topics/decisions.

MuneravenMN
Champion Tipster

PostPosted: 02/21/20 4:02 pm    ::: Sick About Seimone Leaving Reply Reply with quote

Seimone leaving MN is like Bird leaving SEA or Taurasi leaving PHO. It feels awful. But when salaries rise, you have to expect more business decisions.

Seimone Augustus will forever be my favorite athlete.

The Lynx should trade Big Syl to a contender. Go full rebuild.

#NATC

PostPosted: 02/21/20 4:39 pm    ::: Re: Sick About Seimone Leaving Reply Reply with quote

What contender could use a Center?

What is that contender willing to give up?

PostPosted: 02/21/20 4:47 pm    ::: Re: Sick About Seimone Leaving Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:
What contender could use a Center?

What is that contender willing to give up?

Could Atlanta think they're suddenly close? Kalani Brown and the #4?

PostPosted: 02/21/20 4:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fowles to Atl for #4 pick Cazorla and E. Will

(was writing while Richyyy posted, yeah Brown and #4 might be better)

(I would be willing to take that package for Charles if Charles being traded is still a thing).

Minn gets a pick that with one more declaration becomes a pretty decent player (Cox, Sabally or Carter, or could possibly be trade say to Dallas for 5 and 7 or pick and a decent young player), a guard (they need guards even for the bench) and a young post that will fit better with a rebuild. Maybe not great but certainly a lot more than they gave up for Fowles a few years ago.

Atl inches closer to being a contender or at least a decent teams

Hayes, Williams, Stricklen, GloJo, Fowles
Montgomery, Billings, K. Brown or E. Will

OK they need some bench help but there are still some vet minimum types out there and the waiver wire

mavcarter
#NATC

PostPosted: 02/21/20 5:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
Fowles to Atl for #4 pick Cazorla and E. Will

Richyyy wrote:
Kalani Brown and the #4?

Good ones. E.Williams & #17 might not be enough to get it done.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8

Jump to: