RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Other games: Mon. 2/10 - Sun. 2/16
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
myrtle

PostPosted: 02/16/20 4:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:

pilight wrote:
Stanford wins 69-66 on a Kiana Williams buzzer beater after she hit a three to tie it with 14 seconds left!
See the gamer here:
https://twitter.com/StanfordWBB/status/1229148303570300928

....and Myrtle's heart goes into a-fib!! Razz How wild is THAT.

true. we totally did not deserve this one. but sometimes it's nice to get lucky. And Kiana had a truly epic game.

- Amanda Gorman
Coyotes

PostPosted: 02/16/20 4:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Howee wrote:

pilight wrote:
Stanford wins 69-66 on a Kiana Williams buzzer beater after she hit a three to tie it with 14 seconds left!
See the gamer here:

true. we totally did not deserve this one. but sometimes it's nice to get lucky. And Kiana had a truly epic game.

We’ve needed Lady Luck twice this season against Colorado. Now, if we could just get some against Oregon.

myrtle

PostPosted: 02/16/20 4:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Coyotes wrote:
myrtle wrote:
Howee wrote:

pilight wrote:
See the gamer here:

We’ve needed Lady Luck twice this season against Colorado. Now, if we could just get some against Oregon.

I'm just hoping to beat OrSU and not look ridiculously bad against Oregon.

- Amanda Gorman
Iluvacc

PostPosted: 02/16/20 4:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
pilight wrote:

See the gamer here:

I really despise PAC 12 tv. These are moments the country should be able to see and yet they complain they don’t get enough coverage Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

X_____

patsweetpat

PostPosted: 02/16/20 5:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Iluvacc wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
pilight wrote:

See the gamer here:

I really despise PAC 12 tv. These are moments the country should be able to see and yet they complain they don’t get enough coverage Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

X_____

The upside to P12Net retaining its own distribution (instead of partnering with ESPN or the like) is that it carries more women's basketball than any other network, and doesn't do whiparound.

The downside to P12Net retaining its own distribution (instead of partnering with ESPN or the like) is that fewer carriers offer it. Those (like me) who care a lot about Pac 12 women's basketball will specifically choose to subscribe to a carrier who offers it. But those with only occasional interest in watching a big P12 women's game will sometimes find themselves frustrated.

I can see the argument either way. In an ideal world the P12Net would offer universal coverage *and* universal carriage. But in this non-ideal world, I'm personally happy to have the former, even at the expense of the latter.

Conway Gamecock

PostPosted: 02/16/20 5:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

In SEC action 25th ranked Tennessee loses to #16 Texas A&M in a tight game 73-71. The Lady Vols can place the blame on a bad 2nd Quarter, where the Aggies out-scored them 24-15. The Vols either tied or out-scored the Aggies in every other period. Chennedy Carter led the Aggies with 37 pts, and was 14-16 from the FT line Shocked . Now lets see how loyal those AP Pollsters are to the Lady Vols.....

Also, #6-ranked Mississippi State can say the same for their 1st Qtr. against #18 Kentucky, where the Wildcats out-scored them 19-9. UK is currently leading in that game 31-21 with 4 minutes to play in the 1st half. Howard is back playing for UK.

The Bulldogs have been on the Gamecocks' heels for the SEC regular season all season long, with only their loss to the Gamecocks holding them back. This would be a huge loss for them, since they won't play USC again unless its in the SECT.....

Last edited by Conway Gamecock on 02/16/20 6:01 pm; edited 4 times in total
Conway Gamecock

PostPosted: 02/16/20 5:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

In ACC action, once-NCAAT #1 Seed Candidate NC State loses to the unranked Lady Nell Fortners of Georgia Tech 65-61 in Raleigh, after losing earlier to Louisville. NC State, we hardly knew ya!

toad455

PostPosted: 02/16/20 6:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mississippi State playing terrible vs. Kentucky now.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Conway Gamecock

PostPosted: 02/16/20 6:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kentucky pulling away now...they lead 57-41 over the Mississippi State Bulldogs after 3 quarters.....

summertime blues

PostPosted: 02/16/20 6:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

JMU's Play4Kay game today was against UNC-Wilmington. Karen Barefoot's Seahawks came into a sea of pink shirts and a team that was loaded for bear, not birds, playing for freshman G Kiki Jefferson's mom who is a breast cancer patient and who was in the stands today right behind the team bench. The Dukes beat up on the Seahawks, 76-52, with Kiki leading the team in scoring with 19 and doing a bunch of other things that just don't show up on the scoreboard. This kid is for real!

PostPosted: 02/16/20 6:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mississippi State goes on a run, 65-55 with 3:32 remaining and Kentucky still hanging on.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Conway Gamecock

PostPosted: 02/16/20 7:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kentucky defeats Mississippi State 73-62. Huge win for the Wildcats!

Conway Gamecock

PostPosted: 02/16/20 7:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Also speaking of Dukes Summertime Blues, in ACC play the Duke[s] Blue Devils upset the #14-ranked Florida State Seminoles 66-64 in Durham. Duke is tearing through the ACC right now, with their 4th straight conference win. Looks like Coach Joannie McCallie will get that extension!! Very Happy

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 02/16/20 8:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It was a crazy day - Marquette spent a lot of the day looking like they had no idea how to run a play to inbound the ball and struggled to do so repeatedly even getting called for a 10 second violation once on their way to 22 turnovers. But their shooting performance and good defense helped offset those issues and they easily beat Butler 76-54 (well and 21 assists didn't hurt either). Before Friday's games, Butler was 1/2 game in front of Marquette in 2nd place in the Big East. Now Marquette is 1.5 games ahead of Butler and alone in 2nd place at 11-4. They move to 20-6 overall and that's now 4 straight seasons with at least 20 wins - this sure wasn't anything I expected coming into this season.

DePaul continued rolling along easily defeating Xavier to move to 14-1 in the BE and clinching at least a share of the Big East regular season title for the 6th time in 7 years (last year Marquette won the regular season title outright and that was the only year since realignment that DePaul hasn't at least shared the regular season title). They should clinch the title outright soon as they do that with a win or Marquette loss. Their next game is at Georgetown - one of the worst teams in the Big East.

One surprising result in the BE today - Providence comes from behind to beat St. John's by one point - 54-53. St. John's has lost a lot of close games this year and sit in 7th place for now. Teams want to avoid 7th place in order to get a bye on the first day of the BE Tournament.

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 02/16/20 9:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Conway Gamecock wrote:
In SEC action 25th ranked Tennessee loses to #16 Texas A&M in a tight game 73-71. The Lady Vols can place the blame on a bad 2nd Quarter, where the Aggies out-scored them 24-15. The Vols either tied or out-scored the Aggies in every other period. Chennedy Carter led the Aggies with 37 pts, and was 14-16 from the FT line Shocked . Now lets see how loyal those AP Pollsters are to the Lady Vols.....

The Lady Vols can place the blame fully on their horrible FT shooting, missed layups, and throwing the ball away at crucial moments.

Last edited by FrozenLVFan on 02/17/20 8:58 am; edited 1 time in total
myrtle

PostPosted: 02/16/20 10:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FrozenLVFan wrote:
Conway Gamecock wrote:

The Lady Vols can place the blame fully on their horrible FT shooting, missed layups, and throwing the ball away at crucial movements.

I watched part of this. I know Carter is really good at creating her own shot, but I still don't understand how defenses let her do this much. Put two players on her, front and back, don't let her get the ball, if she does get it collapse. For goodness sake, force her to pass and make someone else beat you. It's frustrating when the refs give her the call every time she bangs into someone, but still...you gotta do better than this to have a chance. Tenn has the tall and athletic defenders that 'should' be able to be more effective than this. And yeah, add that to what LVfan says and you have a catastrophe. I mean, even with all that, it was still a close game.

I would use a triangle and two, with the two on her...and the triangle protecting the paint from drives. A&M, other than her, aren't very good at shooting the three. As much as I like Kelly, this is on her. She has to be able to give her team something that works.

- Amanda Gorman
myrtle

PostPosted: 02/16/20 10:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

oh yeah, and missed FTs are a pet peeve for me. In my day we ran suicides for missed FTs. Do they still do that or is it considered cruel and unusual punishment? Laughing It definitely inspires everybody to practice their FTs. I especially can't understand when a player can make threes but can't make FTs!

- Amanda Gorman
FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 02/17/20 9:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
oh yeah, and missed FTs are a pet peeve for me. In my day we ran suicides for missed FTs. Do they still do that or is it considered cruel and unusual punishment? Laughing It definitely inspires everybody to practice their FTs. I especially can't understand when a player can make threes but can't make FTs!

Not PC to call them "suicides" any more, but some teams do run "lines". Given the general atmosphere in WCBB, I'm not sure that any punishments are well-received by a team.

BTW, Tenn shot 6-16 from the FT line last night, and TA&M went 28-33. Carter alone was 14-16 and half her FT's were awarded for flops. And no, I'm not blaming the Tenn loss on the officials. If Tenn had made just one of their missed layups and shot 50% from the line, they would have won, regardless.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: