RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Duke's Beard, Goestenkors reflect on Beard's retirement

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 02/03/20 8:58 am    ::: Duke's Beard, Goestenkors reflect on Beard's retirement Reply Reply with quote

Duke women's basketball greats Alana Beard, Gail Goestenkors reflect on Beard's retirement
Bre Bradham (The Chronicle)

“As good as she is on the court, she’s a better person,” said Gail Goestenkors, who was head coach of the Blue Devils during Beard’s time in Durham.

“When Alana won the WNBA championship, I can’t tell you how happy I was for her, because she’s someone who deserved to win championships… I think I cried because I just felt so happy for her finally getting to win that championship,” Goestenkors said.

When asked about what she hopes her legacy is, Beard doesn’t talk about the trophies or banners or retired numbers or scoring records. So what does one of Duke’s all-time best players hope she’s remembered for?

“That I was a great teammate,” she said. “The physical aspects of it, the accomplishments, the numbers, stats, the championships, none of that means anything if you're not a great teammate, if you're not a great person, if you don't have a hand in the future of the game.”

https://www.dukechronicle.com/article/2020/02/duke-womens-basketball-alana-beard-retirement-gail-goestenkors

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: