RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

2020 Coaching Movement
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20, 21, 22  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PRballer

PostPosted: 04/06/20 10:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

MSU coaching candidates: I like the idea of Johnnie Harris if she wants it, or Nikki McCray or Michelle Clark-Heard. What if McCray, who is well versed in the SEC, brings Holly onto her staff? That could be cool. I still think Holly could offer an SEC program a ton of value as an assistant. Imagine Vic will endorse Harris for his prior job, unless he wants to bring her to Austin. And she may be the type who is happy in the second chair, though I'm not sure.

I also like the idea of Nell Fortner. The fans would love her and she's accessible, warm and folksy (not to mention she's a native of Jackson, Mississippi!) but I'm sure she's happy in Atlanta and she's done a phenomenal job of recruiting locally - very quickly.

FWIW, I do not see GG being happy in Starkville, Mississippi. She could do good things at Vanderbilt, Northwestern, Rice, Tulane, Wake Forest, DUKE (kidding) or even a Wake Forest if those jobs open soon.

thefutureisbright

PostPosted: 04/06/20 1:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Marquette hires former Penn State AC, Itoro Coleman. She was out of business last year.

https://gomarquette.com/news/2020/4/6/womens-basketball-itoro-coleman-named-assistant-coach.aspx

thefutureisbright

PostPosted: 04/06/20 8:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ohio State AC, Carrie Banks to be named HC at Omaha … Official announcement said to be tomorrow

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 04/06/20 9:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

thefutureisbright wrote:
Marquette hires former Penn State AC, Itoro Coleman. She was out of business last year.

https://gomarquette.com/news/2020/4/6/womens-basketball-itoro-coleman-named-assistant-coach.aspx

And the first thing I thought when I heard about the hiring was she played for Clemson when Marquette upset them in the NCAA Tournament in 1997 Smile. That was Terri Mitchell's first season at Marquette. Wish I could see that game again or even find a Box Score. Welcome to Marquette to her.

thefutureisbright

PostPosted: 04/07/20 11:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

thefutureisbright wrote:
Ohio State AC, Carrie Banks to be named HC at Omaha … Official announcement said to be tomorrow

Here is official release

https://omavs.com/news/2020/4/7/mavericks-announce-banks-as-new-womens-basketball-head-coach.aspx

thefutureisbright

PostPosted: 04/07/20 12:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UNC-Asheville's Brenda Mock Kirkpatrick has stepped down as HC and her AC, Honey Brown was announced as HC

https://uncabulldogs.com/news/2020/4/7/mock-kirkpatrick-brown-steps-down-as-unc-asheville-head-womens-basketball-coach-honey-brown-named-as-new-head-coach.aspx

thefutureisbright

PostPosted: 04/07/20 2:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Missouri State has 2 ACs depart

https://amp.news-leader.com/amp/2960701001

thefutureisbright

PostPosted: 04/07/20 7:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nothing official from Grand Canyon … but here is news article about Molly Miller being hired

https://www.ktts.com/2020/04/07/molly-miller-parts-with-panthers-accepts-head-coach-gig-at-grand-canyon-university/

thefutureisbright

PostPosted: 04/07/20 7:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

thefutureisbright wrote:
Nothing official from Grand Canyon … but here is news article about Molly Miller being hired

https://www.ktts.com/2020/04/07/molly-miller-parts-with-panthers-accepts-head-coach-gig-at-grand-canyon-university/

Official Release:
https://gculopes.com/news/2020/4/7/womens-basketball-miller-takes-gcu-helm-as-elite-winner.aspx

thefutureisbright

PostPosted: 04/08/20 2:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Maryland's Shay Robinson leaves Maryland AC position for Ole Miss AC position

https://olemisssports.com/news/2020/4/8/ole-miss-womens-basketball-adds-shay-robinson-as-assistant-coach.aspx

Howee

PostPosted: 04/08/20 3:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

thefutureisbright wrote:

https://olemisssports.com/news/2020/4/8/ole-miss-womens-basketball-adds-shay-robinson-as-assistant-coach.aspx

Shocked That sounds odd, no? If they haven't hired a HC yet, why would they appoint an AC?? (or have I missed something??)

PostPosted: 04/08/20 3:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
thefutureisbright wrote:

Shocked That sounds odd, no? If they haven't hired a HC yet, why would they appoint an AC?? (or have I missed something??)

Ole Miss hired an AC, not Miss St.

Howee

PostPosted: 04/08/20 3:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Davis4632 wrote:
Howee wrote:
thefutureisbright wrote:

Ole Miss hired an AC, not Miss St.

Thank you, and....*duh* on me! Razz

PostPosted: 04/10/20 12:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ODU is an intriguing job. Legacy program in WBB and McCray doesn't leave the cupboards bare by any stretch.

Here are some ideas.

-Charlotte Smith
-Holly Warlick - I see her as an AC in a bigger conference
-Jolette Law - I would explore this as an option; you didn't do too bad with a SC assistant last time.
-Pokey Chatman (can't see her in college again)
-Gail Goestenkors - don't think another "brand" name opens up this year but that could change. Think she could do well in Norfolk and then step back into a major job?
-Tia Jackson
-Sytia Messer - this would be my pick
-Toyelle Wilson - this would be another call I'd make
-Melanie Balcomb - if she wants the head job again

summertime blues

PostPosted: 04/10/20 12:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Charlotte Smith would be my pick. She needs to get the hell out of Elon and on to a bigger venue. She's an extremely good coach but her recruiting sphere is really crummy where she is.

PostPosted: 04/10/20 12:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Drexel's Amy Mallon promotes Stacy Weiss to Associate HC and hires 2 new ACs. Laura Kurz slides over from Villanova and Jillian Dunston joins from FSU as GA

https://drexeldragons.com/news/2020/4/10/womens-basketball-elevates-weiss-to-associate-head-coach-announces-two-assistant-hires.aspx

PUmatty

PostPosted: 04/10/20 10:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PRballer wrote:
ODU is an intriguing job. Legacy program in WBB and McCray doesn't leave the cupboards bare by any stretch.

Here are some ideas.

-Charlotte Smith
-Jolette Law - I would explore this as an option; you didn't do too bad with a SC assistant last time.
-Gail Goestenkors - don't think another "brand" name opens up this year but that could change. Think she could do well in Norfolk and then step back into a major job?
-Tia Jackson

How about Johnnie Harris?

SDHoops

PostPosted: 04/11/20 1:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PRballer wrote:

Here are some ideas.

-Charlotte Smith
-Tia Jackson

Talk about your feminist movements. This is why some men can't respect women's sports..bush league!

PRballer

PostPosted: 04/11/20 6:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SDHoops wrote:
PRballer wrote:

Here are some ideas.

-Charlotte Smith
-Tia Jackson

Talk about your feminist movements. This is why some men can't respect women's sports..bush league!

Huh? This is why men can't respect women's sports? There is so much that's problematic about your response here.

Fine to crap on my choices, but curious what yours are and why, exactly, you consider this "bush league"? These are all talented coaches, names who have repeatedly come up for job openings, and some have coached their teams to conference championships, national championships and some have COY awards. Bush league? Feminist movement? You know we are talking about women's basketball and the head coaching opening at Old Dominion University, a program with multiple national championships and a rich history of women leading the program. So conjecturing about the next coach is suddenly a "feminist movement"....how does that work?

To be candid, I really don't care about your opinion any more than I care if men can't respect women's sports or not - nor how that has anything to do with my suggested list.

Show me your suggestions.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 04/11/20 10:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PRballer wrote:
SDHoops wrote:
PRballer wrote:

Here are some ideas.

-Charlotte Smith
-Tia Jackson

Huh? This is why men can't respect women's sports? There is so much that's problematic about your response here.

Fine to crap on my choices, but curious what yours are and why, exactly, you consider this "bush league"? These are all talented coaches, names who have repeatedly come up for job openings, and some have coached their teams to conference championships, national championships and some have COY awards. Bush league? Feminist movement? You know we are talking about women's basketball and the head coaching opening at Old Dominion University, a program with multiple national championships and a rich history of women leading the program. So conjecturing about the next coach is suddenly a "feminist movement"....how does that work?

To be candid, I really don't care about your opinion any more than I care if men can't respect women's sports or not - nor how that has anything to do with my suggested list.

Show me your suggestions.

^^^^^THIS!^^^^^

PostPosted: 04/11/20 3:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Northwestern State hires UTRGV AC Anna Nimz

https://nsudemons.com/news/2020/4/11/lady-demon-basketball-anna-nimz-named-nsu-head-womens-basketball-coach.aspx

thefutureisbright

PostPosted: 04/11/20 3:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Brown hired Merrimack's Monique LeBlanc as HC

https://brownbears.com/news/2020/4/10/brown-hires-monique-leblanc-as-womens-basketball-head-coach.aspx

pilight

PostPosted: 04/11/20 4:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SDHoops wrote:
PRballer wrote:

Here are some ideas.

-Charlotte Smith
-Tia Jackson

Confused I don't understand the problem with this list

PostPosted: 04/11/20 4:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nikki Mccray
@NikkiMccray15
I'm so grateful and blessed for this incredible honor and opportunity to lead @HailStateWBK. My family and I are excited to be a part of the Bulldog Family and we can’t wait to get started! #HailState

Davis4632

PostPosted: 04/11/20 8:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
SDHoops wrote:
PRballer wrote:

Here are some ideas.

-Charlotte Smith
-Tia Jackson

Confused I don't understand the problem with this list
No men on this list. I guess I have been on the Boneyard enough to notice every perceived or real slight that a UConn fan like SDHoops has whenever a man isn't included or mentioned on coaching hires and lists.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 4 of 22

Jump to: