RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Other games: Mon. 1/27 - Sun. 2/2
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 01/27/20 9:36 am    ::: Other games: Mon. 1/27 - Sun. 2/2 Reply Reply with quote

US National Team vs. UConn tonight at 7pm ET on ESPN2.
summertime blues

PostPosted: 01/28/20 6:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I watched some of Auburn-Kentucky last night. Both are pretty much one-player teams, although Kentucky has players that can step up when Rhyne Howard goes out. Howard dislocated the little finger on her left hand in the 3Q and was in considerable pain, but did come back in the 4th with it all taped up. Keke McKinney and the rest of the 'Cats held it together until she got back. McKinney was sporting a most wonderful hairdo, with her hair dyed blue and little knots on each side in front so the effect was very catlike.

PostPosted: 01/29/20 1:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Since there don’t appear to be a lot of games tonight, go to ESPN3 and watch the Yotes as they play at Nebraska-Omaha. If you’re wondering what all the fuss is about with this team, you should get a glimpse tonight. Unfortunately, when we played them two weeks ago, we beat them by 33 points with our subs playing a lot (the entire fourth quarter...).

Hoopsmom

PostPosted: 01/29/20 10:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That was an ugly game, even though we won by over 30 points. There’s one referee that we had tonight that hates post players. We just cringe every time we see her on the court. And our girls were uncharacteristically cold shooting, especially from the three, where are usually they are one of the leaders in the nation. But still, a win is a win....

summertime blues

PostPosted: 01/30/20 11:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hoopsmom wrote:
That was an ugly game, even though we won by over 30 points. There’s one referee that we had tonight that hates post players. We just cringe every time we see her on the court. And our girls were uncharacteristically cold shooting, especially from the three, where are usually they are one of the leaders in the nation. But still, a win is a win....

There are some refs who, I'm convinced, call fouls on post players and centers simply because, as an old friend puts it, "They're the biggest thing on the floor." There are a few in the CAA too. I cringe when I see them, and since we share refs with the ACC, I'm sure they do over there too. (I sometimes think the ACC sends us the garbage ones, though....or the ones who still have their training wheels.)

PostPosted: 01/30/20 8:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

South Carolina up 22-0 on Ole Miss nearly halfway through the second quarter...

RP

PostPosted: 01/30/20 8:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ole Miss finally scores with less than a minute to go in the half. 32-2 SC.

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 01/30/20 8:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wisconsin is up 61-58 at Indiana with 20 seconds to go. But Indiana has the ball coming out of a timeout with a chance to tie.

Conway Gamecock

PostPosted: 01/30/20 8:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RP wrote:
Ole Miss finally scores with less than a minute to go in the half. 32-2 SC.

The Rebels seem to have defense down pretty good. It's the offensive part of the game that they struggle at. Ole Miss have some bad blow-out losses in SEC play, where the total scored by the other team wasn't that bad, it was just Ole Miss was held to 40 or less points.

Doubt USC will get to their 89-pt. per-game SEC average tonight, but they may still win the game by 40+ pts....

Just saw where the 2 pts are tied with the NCAA record for fewest points scored in a half of BB.....

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 01/30/20 9:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Marquette Fan wrote:
Wisconsin is up 61-58 at Indiana with 20 seconds to go. But Indiana has the ball coming out of a timeout with a chance to tie.

Indiana hit a 3 to tie it late in regulation and ran away with it in overtime prevailing 75-65.

Howee

PostPosted: 01/30/20 9:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Vandy leading TN by six after 1Q. Surprised

PostPosted: 01/30/20 9:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:

I figured as much - they got a healthy in-state rivalry going there. Throw out all else, when they take the floor against each other....

PUmatty

PostPosted: 01/30/20 9:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Purdue beat Michigan State by 10. That is now three in a row after I said in the other thread that this looked to finally be the year that Versyp was replaced.

Still a lot of work to do, but the team is looking like they might well sneak into the lower rungs of the bracket.

Hooray?

Conway Gamecock

PostPosted: 01/30/20 9:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
Purdue beat Michigan State by 10. That is now three in a row after I said in the other thread that this looked to finally be the year that Versyp was replaced.

Still a lot of work to do, but the team is looking like they might well sneak into the lower rungs of the bracket.

Hooray?

I think Purdue is a solid team, and should easily make the NCAAT unless they collapse here towards the end. I take it you want a head coaching change regardless?

PUmatty

PostPosted: 01/30/20 9:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Conway Gamecock wrote:
PUmatty wrote:

Hooray?

I think Purdue is a solid team, and should easily make the NCAAT unless they collapse here towards the end. I take it you want a head coaching change regardless?

More than anything, and I don't think the AD will pull the trigger if they make the NCAAs. If they miss for the third consecutive year I think he will.

With Versyp, the ceiling is an 8 or 9 seed and elimination in the first weekend. She has never recruited a player that was drafted (not one!) and she hasn't made the Sweet 16 since the last of the previous coach's players graduated. She has totally squandered the legacy she inherited, and make the tournament this year or not, there is no upside for the coach.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 01/30/20 11:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Conway Gamecock wrote:
Howee wrote:

I figured as much - they got a healthy in-state rivalry going there. Throw out all else, when they take the floor against each other....

Tennessee outscored them in the 2Q and never really trailed after that. Oh, Vandy went up by a point once, but the Lady Vols roared back and spanked them on their own floor. Rennia Davis sparkled as usual. Jaiden McCoy got some nice minutes and some well-earned plaudits from Tamika Catchings for her work for Tennessee tonight off the bench. If there's anyone you want to root for, it's this hard-luck kid. She has been through it and earns every minute she gets.

Kentucky beat up on Mizzou in Columbia tonight, 62-47, and that was without Rhyne Howard, whose injury was diagnosed as a fractured finger and who is expected to be out until mid-February. Amanda Paschal stepped up big for the 'Cats tonight.

PostPosted: 01/31/20 3:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Congrats to Charli Turner Thorne. Big late victory for the Sun Devils to get her win #500.

~lw3

LitePal

PostPosted: 01/31/20 8:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

3OTs and a 1 point victory over USC. The Trojans are making believers.

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 01/31/20 10:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It was a bit of a crazy night in the Big East.

St. John's and Villanova went to OT for the second time this season with Villanova sweeping the season series with a 66-64 win in OT. I'm really surprised Villanova beat SJU twice this season.

A bad Xavier team almost won at Butler but Butler just barely pulled it out 63-61 in OT.

DePaul was up 20-5 on Creighton at home after the first quarter and held a 41-21 halftime lead. But Creighton came back in this one and prevails 63-61 handing DePaul their first BE loss of the season. Creighton's star senior Jalyn Agnew is also out with an injury right now.

And these two games went as I would have expected:

Seton Hall won 61-47 at Georgetown

Marquette easily beat a bad Providence team 85-55. Things will be much tougher when nemesis Creighton comes to town Sunday especially with them coming off their win at DePaul.

cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 02/01/20 8:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

How did Creighton win that game??!!

PostPosted: 02/01/20 10:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Marquette Fan wrote:

St. John's and Villanova went to OT for the second time this season with Villanova sweeping the season series with a 66-64 win in OT. I'm really surprised Villanova beat SJU twice this season.

A bad Xavier team almost won at Butler but Butler just barely pulled it out 63-61 in OT.

DePaul was up 20-5 on Creighton at home after the first quarter and held a 41-21 halftime lead. But Creighton came back in this one and prevails 63-61 handing DePaul their first BE loss of the season. Creighton's star senior Jalyn Agnew is also out with an injury right now.

Marquette easily beat a bad Providence team 85-55. Things will be much tougher when nemesis Creighton comes to town Sunday especially with them coming off their win at DePaul.

Agree on the Xavier-Butler game, and it is even more surprising when you take into account that A'Riana Gray, by far Xavier's best player, did not dress, along with two other players.

Xavier actually led 58-53 in OT but ended up finishing the game with only four players on the court after foul-outs and the injuries were taken into account.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 02/01/20 12:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

JMU went to Delaware and plucked the Blue Hens' feathers, 60-39. Kayla Cooper-Williams was back after tweaking her knee and had 3 blocks, 7 rebounds, and 6 points in 25 minutes of playing time. Three Dukes scored in double figures, with Kamiah Smalls having a double-double, and the Dukes put a stop on Delaware's Nicole Enabosi, holding her to 7 points, of which 5 came from the line. Now on to Philly for the tough one with Drexel.

PostPosted: 02/01/20 4:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nice full court basket by Mikayla Pivec for Oregon State against Utah

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=28614314

Too bad it was just after the buzzer. Love that girl.

PostPosted: 02/01/20 8:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
How did Creighton win that game??!!

They scored two more points than DePaul Laughing . But seriously I was shocked following the score of that one during the Marquette-Providence game last night. And even more shocked when I figured out that they made this huge comeback with Agnew out too. I have a feeling Agnew will suddenly be able to play against Marquette tomorrow though - that's just our luck Smile. DePaul is playing this weekend at Wintrust Arena versus their usual on-campus intimate arena but that didn't seem to bother them in the first half so not sure that was a factor. I feel a tad bad for Providence who got beat by 30 at Marquette last night and have a feeling it will be a worse beating at DePaul tomorrow.

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 02/01/20 8:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

HomerCecil wrote:
Marquette Fan wrote:

Agree on the Xavier-Butler game, and it is even more surprising when you take into account that A'Riana Gray, by far Xavier's best player, did not dress, along with two other players.

Xavier actually led 58-53 in OT but ended up finishing the game with only four players on the court after foul-outs and the injuries were taken into account.

Yeah I was quite excited when I saw they were up by 5 in OT as Marquette could have pulled ahead of Butler in the standings if they had lost. I didn't realize they finished with only 4 players - ouch.

What do you think of Melanie Moore? I know it would be tough to come in and get things turned around right away of course.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: