RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

RIP Kobe Bryant
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Genero36



Joined: 24 Apr 2005
Posts: 11188



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/27/20 10:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thunder guard Chris Paul will miss his first game of season, mourning loss of Kobe Bryant

Quote:
"I've had several conversations with him," Thunder coach Billy Donovan said. "I'd like to keep our conversations private. That's kind of between Chris and I, but he's doing fine. It's a personal day for him."

Paul and Bryant grew close while playing on two Olympic teams together, as well as connecting as fathers playing in the NBA. At Bryant's final All-Star Game in 2016, Paul, along with friends Carmelo Anthony and Dwyane Wade, hosted a celebratory dinner for Bryant. They presented Bryant retirement gifts such as a subscription to Netflix, underwear and reading glasses, with Paul giving him a cane.

Bryant and Paul nearly became teammates in 2011, when the then-New Orleans Hornets agreed to a three-team trade with the Lakers and Rockets that would've sent Paul to Los Angeles. The trade was vetoed by Commissioner David Stern for "basketball reasons," as the league owned the Hornets at the time during an ownership transition.


https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/28578809/thunder-guard-chris-paul-miss-first-game-season-mourning-loss-kobe-bryant



_________________
I'm all for the separation of church and hate.
cthskzfn



Joined: 21 Nov 2004
Posts: 12851
Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/27/20 11:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Genero36 wrote:
Petition to change NBA logo to honor Lakers legend has over 300K signatures

Quote:
"The support on this petition has been out of this WORLD. I want to deeply thank everybody who contributed through signing and donating to the petition. When I started this I didn't expect much to come out of it my goal was 100 signatures at best. We are now at 16,000! I hope with our effort that our dream does come true and we are able to see Kobe Bryant engraved into the NBA Logo. Let's continue to spread this petition out! And as Kobe would've said, "Mamba out".


https://www.change.org/p/nba-petition-to-make-kobe-bryant-the-new-nba-logo

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/kobe-bryant-death-petition-to-change-nba-logo-to-honor-lakers-legend-has-over-300k-signatures/



Nonsense.



_________________
Silly, stupid white people might be waking up.
tfan



Joined: 31 May 2010
Posts: 8056



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/28/20 1:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hawkeye wrote:
Unnecessary risks. The pilot had to get special clearance to fly in foggy weather that even the LAFD wouldn't not fly in because of how dangerous the weather was. Chopper hit the hillside at 184 mph---meaning he didn't slow down at all most likely because he couldn't see the hill until it was too late.

Sad that Kobe and 8 others are dead, but it could have easily been avoided by driving or flying. Reminds me of JFK, Jr.


They do seem to be pointing to the fog and the pilot and not mechanical failure at this early point.

The other fatal accidents with this helicopter are believe to have been caused by visibility problems.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2020/01/27/kobe-bryant-crash-ntsb-investigation-what-happened/4585384002/


Quote:
NTSB final reports list eight accidents that involved Sikorsky S-76B copters, including two that resulted in a combined 12 fatalities. Those fatal accidents didn't appear to involve mechanical problems but rather visibility.




Quote:
Zoey Tur, a former news chopper pilot in Los Angeles with more than 10,000 hours of flying time, said the flight path data looks to her like the pilot became lost and might have been going too fast given the conditions. He could have lost sight of the freeways he was following.


Someone else says that helicopter can fly a lot higher and doesn't understand why it wasn't.

Traveling by helicopter was common for Kobe Bryant


Youth Coach



Joined: 23 Mar 2008
Posts: 4564



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/28/20 6:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
Genero36 wrote:
Petition to change NBA logo to honor Lakers legend has over 300K signatures

Quote:
"The support on this petition has been out of this WORLD. I want to deeply thank everybody who contributed through signing and donating to the petition. When I started this I didn't expect much to come out of it my goal was 100 signatures at best. We are now at 16,000! I hope with our effort that our dream does come true and we are able to see Kobe Bryant engraved into the NBA Logo. Let's continue to spread this petition out! And as Kobe would've said, "Mamba out".


https://www.change.org/p/nba-petition-to-make-kobe-bryant-the-new-nba-logo

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/kobe-bryant-death-petition-to-change-nba-logo-to-honor-lakers-legend-has-over-300k-signatures/



Nonsense.



I agree.
Ex-Ref



Joined: 04 Oct 2009
Posts: 6106



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/28/20 8:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Youth Coach wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
Genero36 wrote:
Petition to change NBA logo to honor Lakers legend has over 300K signatures

Quote:
"The support on this petition has been out of this WORLD. I want to deeply thank everybody who contributed through signing and donating to the petition. When I started this I didn't expect much to come out of it my goal was 100 signatures at best. We are now at 16,000! I hope with our effort that our dream does come true and we are able to see Kobe Bryant engraved into the NBA Logo. Let's continue to spread this petition out! And as Kobe would've said, "Mamba out".


https://www.change.org/p/nba-petition-to-make-kobe-bryant-the-new-nba-logo

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/kobe-bryant-death-petition-to-change-nba-logo-to-honor-lakers-legend-has-over-300k-signatures/



Nonsense.



I agree.


Me too.



_________________
"Our democracy is designed to speak truth to power." — Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

"If this guy can be Senator, you can do anything." — Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
Genero36



Joined: 24 Apr 2005
Posts: 11188



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/28/20 8:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<embed><iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/sk00epALZps" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe></embed>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sk00epALZps



_________________
I'm all for the separation of church and hate.
Genero36



Joined: 24 Apr 2005
Posts: 11188



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/28/20 8:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Just seen the pictures of heartbroken Joe Bryant who (along with his wife and Kobe's mother, Pam) weren't on speaking terms with Kobe for years. GOD be with them and guide them to healing.



_________________
I'm all for the separation of church and hate.


Last edited by Genero36 on 01/28/20 9:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Ex-Ref



Joined: 04 Oct 2009
Posts: 6106



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/28/20 9:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Flight tracking. I'm guessing the slow speed in the middle is where they were in that holding pattern for other air traffic to clear.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N72EX/history/20200126/1708Z



_________________
"Our democracy is designed to speak truth to power." — Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

"If this guy can be Senator, you can do anything." — Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
Genero36



Joined: 24 Apr 2005
Posts: 11188



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/28/20 9:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kobe Bryant apparently was mending rift with dad Joe ‘Jellybean’ Bryant before death

Quote:
Wayne Slappy, one of the NBA legend’s ex-coaches and a good friend of his dad, Joe “Jellybean” Bryant, told the Daily Mail that he’d seen Kobe recently hug his father at a basketball camp in California.

“I just remember being with him up at his camp in Santa Barbara and seeing him hug his dad. You know how they loved each other from how they looked at each other, how they smiled,” Slappy said of the two men.

Kobe publicly fell out with his parents, Joe and Pam Bryant, in 2013 when they tried to peddle some of his memorabilia, including two high school uniforms and a pair of Los Angeles Lakers championship rings from 2000, without his knowledge.

Kobe told ESPN in 2016, “Our relationship is s–t. I say, ‘I’m going to buy you a very nice home,’ and the response is, ‘That’s not good enough?’ Then you’re selling my s–t?”


Quote:
“Can you imagine a black hole? It’s empty, how do you fill it? They’re a close-knit family. He was 41 years old, and then his daughter dies in an accident with him, too. His family are going to miss him more than you can begin to imagine,” Slappy said.

Slappy said he learned of Kobe’s death in a text message Sunday and “I just sat in the parking lot at Costco crying for an hour.”


https://nypost.com/2020/01/27/kobe-bryant-apparently-was-mending-rift-with-dad-joe-jellybean-bryant-before-death/



_________________
I'm all for the separation of church and hate.
Genero36



Joined: 24 Apr 2005
Posts: 11188



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/28/20 9:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kobe Bryant’s helicopter was like ‘a limousine,’ had strong safety record: former pilot

Quote:
Kurt Deetz — who flew Bryant, 41, between 2014 and 2016 — told The Los Angeles Times it’s more likely the crash was caused by bad weather than engine or mechanical issues.

“The likelihood of a catastrophic twin engine failure on that aircraft — it just doesn’t happen,” said Deetz, who logged more than 1,000 hours with the Sikorsky S-76B.

Deetz, a former pilot for Island Express Helicopters, said the chopper was in “fantastic” condition and compared it to “a Cadillac, a limousine — it’s limo-esque.”


https://nypost.com/2020/01/27/kobe-bryants-helicopter-was-like-a-limousine-had-strong-safety-record-former-pilot/



_________________
I'm all for the separation of church and hate.
Genero36



Joined: 24 Apr 2005
Posts: 11188



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/28/20 9:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote




_________________
I'm all for the separation of church and hate.
Genero36



Joined: 24 Apr 2005
Posts: 11188



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/28/20 9:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<embed><iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/tCZASPvNL-U" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe></embed>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCZASPvNL-U



_________________
I'm all for the separation of church and hate.
Genero36



Joined: 24 Apr 2005
Posts: 11188



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/28/20 9:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote



<embed><iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/eEKWT5UToxo" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe></embed>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEKWT5UToxo



_________________
I'm all for the separation of church and hate.
Genero36



Joined: 24 Apr 2005
Posts: 11188



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/28/20 9:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<embed><iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/eYSmNP3woow" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe></embed>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYSmNP3woow



_________________
I'm all for the separation of church and hate.
Genero36



Joined: 24 Apr 2005
Posts: 11188



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/28/20 9:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<embed><iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/L7GxdkXG6Do" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe></embed>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7GxdkXG6Do



_________________
I'm all for the separation of church and hate.
Genero36



Joined: 24 Apr 2005
Posts: 11188



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/28/20 10:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<embed><iframe width="474" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/62Z4gBXJk4g" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe></embed>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62Z4gBXJk4g




_________________
I'm all for the separation of church and hate.
CamrnCrz1974



Joined: 18 Nov 2004
Posts: 18198
Location: Phoenix


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/28/20 10:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Genero36 wrote:
Kobe publicly fell out with his parents, Joe and Pam Bryant, in 2013 when they tried to peddle some of his memorabilia, including two high school uniforms and a pair of Los Angeles Lakers championship rings from 2000, without his knowledge.

Kobe told ESPN in 2016, “Our relationship is s–t. I say, ‘I’m going to buy you a very nice home,’ and the response is, ‘That’s not good enough?’ Then you’re selling my s–t?


https://nypost.com/2020/01/27/kobe-bryant-apparently-was-mending-rift-with-dad-joe-jellybean-bryant-before-death/


Genero, not to take away from the tragedy of the crash and the deaths of Kobe and his daughter (and the other seven killed in the crash), but didn't Joe and Pam Bryant have a falling with Kobe relating to Vanessa? I remember reading quite a bit about a rift, though admittedly it was years ago.


Genero36



Joined: 24 Apr 2005
Posts: 11188



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/28/20 11:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
Genero, not to take away from the tragedy of the crash and the deaths of Kobe and his daughter (and the other seven killed in the crash), but didn't Joe and Pam Bryant have a falling with Kobe relating to Vanessa? I remember reading quite a bit about a rift, though admittedly it was years ago.


Cam, Kobe said it was related to Vanessa but Joe would deny it and say that he (Joe) and Vanessa were fine. He'd said his issue is with Kobe and he (Kobe) knows what it is.



_________________
I'm all for the separation of church and hate.
Genero36



Joined: 24 Apr 2005
Posts: 11188



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/28/20 11:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<embed><iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/mqOilEHDbS0" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe></embed>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqOilEHDbS0



_________________
I'm all for the separation of church and hate.
Genero36



Joined: 24 Apr 2005
Posts: 11188



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/28/20 11:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote


Coach K on Kobe: ‘He was always in pursuit of special and the next moment’

Quote:
“I’m heartbroken,” Krzyzewski said Monday on the ACC coaches teleconference. “Just heartbroken about it.”


Quote:
“Well it’s a tragic, shocking day for all those families. And for us — Kobe was part of our family, the USA basketball family,” Krzyzewski began on Monday. “He was one of our leaders. He helped create the culture that we were able to build in that 11-year period. And he was very close to my family. We shared two loves: love of the game, and we both had daughters. Behind the scenes, he was amazing with my grandkids in Beijing and also in London, and they idolized him. You know, one of my grandsons, his nickname is Mamba because he got to meet (Kobe) in Beijing and fell in love with him.”


Quote:
“If you look, really the most important relationship in my 11 years was the relationship that Kobe and LeBron had,” Coach K said. “And my heart goes out to LeBron, because I know how … I mean, you’re talking about two one-of-a-kinds who gave each other, and their team, their best, and created an environment for others to learn from that friendship, and from that knowledge that (comes from) two brilliant minds and two amazing competitors.”


https://theathletic.com/1564846/2020/01/27/coach-k-on-kobe-he-was-always-in-pursuit-of-special-and-the-next-moment/



_________________
I'm all for the separation of church and hate.
Genero36



Joined: 24 Apr 2005
Posts: 11188



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/28/20 12:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote




_________________
I'm all for the separation of church and hate.
jammerbirdi



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 20386



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/28/20 12:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Genero36 wrote:
Just seen the pictures of heartbroken Joe Bryant who (along with his wife and Kobe's mother, Pam) weren't on speaking terms with Kobe for years. GOD be with them and guide them to healing.


Heartbreaking. Joe Bryant was one of the best people I met during the time I was covering the Sparks.

I want everyone here to know I cried pretty much all day Sunday. (Or all of you who remember my thoughts and feelings on Kobe.)

Wasn’t their falling out over him getting married to Vanessa, G?

Never mind. Not my business.



_________________
Falsehood will fly on the wings of the wind, and carry its tales to every corner of the earth; whilst truth lags behind; her steps slow and solemn, she has neither the vigour nor activity to overtake her enemy. - Thomas Francklin
Genero36



Joined: 24 Apr 2005
Posts: 11188



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/28/20 1:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jammerbirdi wrote:
Heartbreaking. Joe Bryant was one of the best people I met during the time I was covering the Sparks.

I want everyone here to know I cried pretty much all day Sunday. (Or all of you who remember my thoughts and feelings on Kobe.)

Wasn’t their falling out over him getting married to Vanessa, G?

Never mind. Not my business.


What's the energy in LA right now?



_________________
I'm all for the separation of church and hate.
Genero36



Joined: 24 Apr 2005
Posts: 11188



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/28/20 1:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<embed><iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/pOudtSQjlaU" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe></embed>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOudtSQjlaU



_________________
I'm all for the separation of church and hate.
Genero36



Joined: 24 Apr 2005
Posts: 11188



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/28/20 1:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<embed><iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/2GuASKiAqDc" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe></embed>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GuASKiAqDc



_________________
I'm all for the separation of church and hate.
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 3 of 10

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin