RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Texas Southern / Alabama St brawl

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
herna220

PostPosted: 02/05/20 10:38 am    ::: Texas Southern / Alabama St brawl Reply Reply with quote

I don't know what started a huge fight between the two teams but yikes. Imagine multiple players from both teams are looking at lengthy suspensions at the very least.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8mVHICkzIA

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 02/05/20 10:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This texas southern teams continues to brawl with other schools. Correct me if im wrong , but is this not the 2nd time in the last 5 years for them ?

PostPosted: 02/05/20 11:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/story/sports/2020/02/04/asu-hornets-release-statement-tuesday-womens-basketball-brawl-texas-southern/4654537002/

https://www.al.com/sports/2020/02/watch-alabama-state-womens-basketball-brawl-ad-president-release-statements.html

https://247sports.com/Article/Womens-basketball-fight-Texas-Southern-Alabama-State-143314698/

PostPosted: 02/05/20 11:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

StevenHW wrote:
https://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/story/sports/2020/02/04/asu-hornets-release-statement-tuesday-womens-basketball-brawl-texas-southern/4654537002/

https://www.al.com/sports/2020/02/watch-alabama-state-womens-basketball-brawl-ad-president-release-statements.html

https://247sports.com/Article/Womens-basketball-fight-Texas-Southern-Alabama-State-143314698/

It may be a while until Texas Southern releases a statement on the matter, as their Board of Regents fired their President last night for what appears to be totally unrelated reasons.

https://www.khou.com/article/news/education/texas-southern-president-dr-austin-lane-fired-by-board-of-regents/285-7f757f07-87d3-4152-9df0-cb3eba00d9f2

summertime blues

PostPosted: 02/05/20 12:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I see a lot of pushing and shoving but don't see any punches being landed. Hard to tell as cameras can't get close.

PostPosted: 02/05/20 12:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
I see a lot of pushing and shoving but don't see any punches being landed. Hard to tell as cameras can't get close.

yeah, they 'fight' like girls. lol. I'm guessing there will be some games forfeit since it looked like the whole teams were involved.

- Amanda Gorman
herna220

PostPosted: 02/05/20 1:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:

A different angle via a twitter user, plenty of punches thrown

https://twitter.com/jayv2truu/status/1224528097934036993?s=20

summertime blues

PostPosted: 02/05/20 1:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It's still kind of hard to tell what's punch and what's a shove.

PostPosted: 02/05/20 3:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
summertime blues wrote:

yeah, they 'fight' like girls. lol. I'm guessing there will be some games forfeit since it looked like the whole teams were involved.

Don't they stagger suspensions when there are lot of them so that they don't have to forfiet?

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
summertime blues

PostPosted: 02/05/20 3:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
myrtle wrote:
summertime blues wrote:

Don't they stagger suspensions when there are lot of them so that they don't have to forfiet?

In this case maybe they shouldn't. Or, to put it another way, why should they?

PostPosted: 02/05/20 5:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That #11 in the dark uniform threw some vicious punches. She could train Riquna Williams. Which team is wearing the dark uniforms?

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Howee

PostPosted: 02/05/20 8:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well, at least all 17 fans got a show, if the game wasn't any good. Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: 02/05/20 8:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

One of the players for Texas Southern is Cinai Cryor, A journey woman basketball player who has seen time at Georgia Tech and Rutgers.

You may remember her from the 2017 hit

https://www.nj.com/rutgersbasketball/2017/02/rutgers_rojos_hypest_bench_in_america_on_mission.html

In fact, she was dismissed from Rutgers last season immediately after CViv took er leave from the team. You know it's bad when you get dismissed from Rutgers.

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 02/05/20 8:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:
myrtle wrote:
summertime blues wrote:

Because of the other team. The one (s) that they would be playing. What if not playing this game would cost someone a record? That would suck. What if some family (alum) was making that game their one game of the year due to distance? Or (I know NOTHING about these schools) what about season ticket holders (if they have them) that have already paid for the game? Or it might be a game that is kids day or Pink Zone or whatever.

Make them play with no less than 7-8 players, balanced with starters and subs. Nobody wants a forfeited game.

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
summertime blues

PostPosted: 02/06/20 11:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:
myrtle wrote:
summertime blues wrote:

Because of the other team. The one (s) that they would be playing. What if not playing this game would cost someone a record? That would suck. What if some family (alum) was making that game their one game of the year due to distance? Or (I know NOTHING about these schools) what about season ticket holders (if they have them) that have already paid for the game? Or it might be a game that is kids day or Pink Zone or whatever.

Make them play with no less than 7-8 players, balanced with starters and subs. Nobody wants a forfeited game.

Before I transferred to UW-Madison, I went to a small Christian college which had a pretty amazing MBB team (NAIA at the time). A couple of the guys on the team were married, and the wife of one was pregnant. When she had the baby, and while she was in the hospital, the guy threw a party at his off-campus residence, complete with alcohol (a serious no-no) which was attended by all the team members save one, who was married and a serious goody-goody besides. Well, the coach found out about it and blew stacks. Totally. He suspended the entire team for the next week, except for the one who didn't go, and recruited walk-ons from all the intramural teams for the next game. And damned if they didn't win that game! It was pretty funny. Now I don't know if you can do that these days in D-I, but that's one solution.

PostPosted: 02/06/20 12:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:
myrtle wrote:
summertime blues wrote:

Before I transferred to UW-Madison, I went to a small Christian college which had a pretty amazing MBB team (NAIA at the time). A couple of the guys on the team were married, and the wife of one was pregnant. When she had the baby, and while she was in the hospital, the guy threw a party at his off-campus residence, complete with alcohol (a serious no-no) which was attended by all the team members save one, who was married and a serious goody-goody besides. Well, the coach found out about it and blew stacks. Totally. He suspended the entire team for the next week, except for the one who didn't go, and recruited walk-ons from all the intramural teams for the next game. And damned if they didn't win that game! It was pretty funny. Now I don't know if you can do that these days in D-I, but that's one solution.

The punishments are in. 5 players on each team are suspended, each for 1 to 2 games. Two Alabama State student managers also are suspended with one manager out "indefinitely pending investigation", whatever that means.

https://swac.org/news/2020/2/5/general-swac-announces-suspensions-following-texas-southern-and-alabama-state-altercation.aspx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: