RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Playing Gay in 1982's 'Making Love" Ended Film Career

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Genero36

PostPosted: 01/21/20 8:51 am    ::: Playing Gay in 1982's 'Making Love" Ended Film Career Reply Reply with quote

Harry Hamlin: Playing Gay in 1982's 'Making Love' Ended My Film Career
Quote:

Hamlin had a tradition of cooking a chicken dinner for his female co-stars before shooting commenced, and continued the tradition with his male romantic lead, Michael Ontkean.

"Michael said we have to rehearse the kiss," Hamlin recalls, referring to their initial kiss — a first for a studio film. Hamlin demurred, saying since it was Ontkean's character's first time kissing a man, they should save the moment for when cameras rolled.

Before the scene, Hamlin suggested the kiss be a "soft, only slightly open-mouth kiss." Ontkean agreed, but when Hiller called action, he "put his hand behind my neck, came in and just shoved his tongue down my throat."

While the film did modest business at the box office, Hamlin says his movie offers all but disappeared after the pic came out — and he wouldn't work again until 1986 and the NBC drama L.A. Law, on which he played law firm partner Michael Kuzak for eight seasons.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/harry-hamlin-playing-gay-1982s-making-love-ended-my-career-1271446

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: