Start of Free Agency for 2020
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 23, 24, 25  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Richyyy

PostPosted: 01/26/20 11:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
The official FA list

https://www.wnba.com/freeagency2020/

Um, two days early with no mention of cored players. Odd.

PostPosted: 01/26/20 11:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
pilight wrote:
The official FA list

They've got until Tuesday to make core designations. I imagine the list will be updated with that info then.

PostPosted: 01/26/20 11:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
pilight wrote:
The official FA list

They've got until Tuesday to make core designations. I imagine the list will be updated with that info then.

They had until Tuesday to do everything else as well, based on the dates they put out before. I guess everyone said they were done, so they put out the info (or they just screwed up, considering it's WNBA.com).

PostPosted: 01/26/20 11:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Love when they list the foreigners who'll never play.

Quote:
Evgeniia Belyakova
Celine Dumerc
Tahlia Tupaea
Isabelle Yacoubou

Plus listing players that have formally announced their retirements:

Quote:
Alana Beard
Camille Little
Sancho Lyttle
Courtney Paris
Tanisha Wright

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Richyyy

PostPosted: 01/26/20 11:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

They list those foreigners when teams finally rescind their rights to them. It used to be unlimited, so apart from a little paperwork there was no reason to give up those rights, in case a decent player ever wanted to show up in the WNBA again (although LA took that to ridiculous extremes and kept the rights to players who'd retired years earlier). These days there's a limit on how many players' rights you're allowed to cling on to, so teams give them up more easily if there's no sign of the player coming back or she's gotten too old to be worth worrying about.

There's also every chance that those 'retired' players haven't actually filed the paperwork to be officially retired yet in the eyes of the league.

PostPosted: 01/26/20 11:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sun and Sky have some tough choices to make.

Sun has Banham, Tuck, Holmes, J. Jones and Willams as RFA's, Clarendon and Stricklen as a UFA's. Williams and J. Jones are no-brainer max players. Probably they keep Stricklen as well. However, for the rest - do they keep them or not. I'm not sure any of them (except maybe Holmes) are worth any more than the vet min.

Sky have Ndour, Copper and Faulkner as RFA's with Quigley and Sloot as UFA's. Not sure they have the money to sign all of them. Copper/Ndour could get big paydays from a team with a lot cap space. Not clear that Ndour shows up for the whole season, though a big paycheck might convince her to so. Faulkner is maybe only a vet min with her injury history.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 01/26/20 12:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Sky have Ndour, Copper and Faulkner as RFA's with Quigley and Sloot as UFA's. Not sure they have the money to sign all of them. Copper/Ndour could get big paydays from a team with a lot cap space. Not clear that Ndour shows up for the whole season, though a big paycheck might convince her to so. Faulkner is maybe only a vet min with her injury history.

Dolson a UFA too, who's a big part of making their decisions complicated.

PostPosted: 01/26/20 12:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

For the Sun, I think they let go of Banham, Tuck & Clarendon. Holmes was their 6th woman last season, so she get re-signed. Keep Hiedemen and draft a SG & PF with their first round picks.

PG: JThomas/Hiedeman
SG: Williams/#10 pick
SF: Stricklen/Holmes
PF: AThomas/#11 pick
C: JJones/BJones/Plaisance

Randy

PostPosted: 01/26/20 12:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Randy wrote:

Dolson a UFA too, who's a big part of making their decisions complicated.

I forgot about her - but that makes it all the more complicated for the Sky. Unless Vanderquig are happy with the Sky, they won't be able to core Dolson and I could see other teams going after her.

toad455

PostPosted: 01/26/20 1:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sky would actually have a good post rotation if Dolson goes elsewhere. Lavender and Ndour would start with Parker as their 6th woman again. This could possibly move Gabby Williams back over the the 4 spot or they could also lean towards drafting a post with their first round pick(Mompremier?).

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 01/26/20 6:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Sky would actually have a good post rotation if Dolson goes elsewhere. Lavender and Ndour would start with Parker as their 6th woman again. This could possibly move Gabby Williams back over the the 4 spot or they could also lean towards drafting a post with their first round pick(Mompremier?).

Mompremier is not a good jump shooter. Every player that Coach Wade drafted or traded for is a good jump shooter. Coates got dropped like a hot potato too.

PostPosted: 01/26/20 6:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
toad455 wrote:

Mompremier is not a good jump shooter. Every player that Coach Wade drafted or traded for is a good jump shooter. Coates got dropped like a hot potato too.

Mompremier has been out with a foot injury for about a month now. Jan 5 she was listed as day to day. Jan 18 she was "game time decision." Today she still didn't play or dress for the game. Seems like something is going on with her injury.

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 01/26/20 7:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
pilight wrote:
The official FA list

My core guesses
Diggins-Smith
Charles
McCoughtry
Griner
Sloot
Meeseman

Randy

PostPosted: 01/26/20 9:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So Gustafson was an injury replacement player, so am I correct in thinking that she can sign with any team except Dallas? Seems to have been the case with Breland when she was an injury replacement for Indiana.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 01/26/20 9:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
So Gustafson was an injury replacement player, so am I correct in thinking that she can sign with any team except Dallas? Seems to have been the case with Breland when she was an injury replacement for Indiana.

She's an unrestricted free agent. Nothing stopping her from signing anywhere, including Dallas.

PostPosted: 01/26/20 9:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Randy wrote:

She's an unrestricted free agent. Nothing stopping her from signing anywhere, including Dallas.

Not happening unless we want another pity party. In which we may need after the next few coming weeks.

PostPosted: 01/27/20 1:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
Randy wrote:

Not happening unless we want another pity party. In which we may need after the next few coming weeks.

Shocked Everything ok in The Big D, 09?

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 01/27/20 7:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
Randy wrote:

Yes absolutely i just hate this time of the year especially with Skylar in the air. Im just ready for it to be over with .

PostPosted: 01/27/20 1:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://highposthoops.com/2020/01/27/tina-charles-sjylar-diggins-smith-among-wnbas-cored-players/

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 01/27/20 1:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Stormeo wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
Randy wrote:

Yes absolutely i just hate this time of the year especially with Skylar in the air. Im just ready for it to be over with .

Yeah, I just heard about it as well...if I were Greg, I ask every single player who wants to be in Dallas and who doesn't, and all the ones who don't, I would give them their wish and start from scratch because I'm so sick of this shit every season, it's ridiculous!!!

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 01/27/20 1:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
Randy wrote:

It's AMAZING how this city has produced: super stars, legends and HALL of FAMERS in EVERY SPORT, be it: NFL, MLB, NHL or NBA....yet it's the WNBA that continues to shit on us every chance they get, imagine that!!!

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 01/27/20 1:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

stever wrote:
https://highposthoops.com/2020/01/27/tina-charles-sjylar-diggins-smith-among-wnbas-cored-players/

Tina Charles, Skylar Diggins-Smith and Brittney Griner — received the core designation by their current teams, High Post Hoops has learned from multiple league sources.
The two teams — the New York Liberty and Dallas Wings, respectively — thus keep the rights to these players at the new max rate of $215,000 apiece, making them the highest-paid WNBA players under the terms of the new collective bargaining agreement.

High Post Hoops references three players in the first paragraph, but only lists two teams in the second. Unsure, at this point, if it was an error in terms of the core designation or an oversight in terms of listing the third team.

SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 01/27/20 1:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
High Post Hoops references three players in the first paragraph, but only lists two teams in the second. Unsure, at this point, if it was an error in terms of the core designation or an oversight in terms of listing the third team.

I believe they got word of Griner after they initially published the article with just Charles and Diggins-Smith and didn't bother, or forgot to, update the rest of the article.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 01/27/20 2:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:
CamrnCrz1974 wrote:

I believe they got word of Griner after they initially published the article with just Charles and Diggins-Smith and didn't bother, or forgot to, update the rest of the article.

Griner was in it from the start, but they claimed an 'update' in the hope of extra clicks. Usual HPH stuff. They'll just have failed to notice the other paragraph.

PostPosted: 01/27/20 2:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So does that mean no other players can be cored?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 3 of 25

Jump to: