Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 23, 24, 25  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aladyyn

PostPosted: 01/20/20 2:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Iluvacc wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
Iluvacc wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
Interesting to see who Washington core among that group, if anyone. Delle Donne's obviously the super-duper-star, but if you're absolutely 100% sure she's going nowhere, it opens you up to protect a different asset.

EDD and Toliver are both close to home, so I'm guessing they would core Messeman.

They've also got players like Powers, Sanders and Cloud finishing deals next offseason. So your problem is that if you core any of this year's group and then sign that player to a multi-year deal, you can't core anyone next year. So if they're confident all three don't want to go anywhere, coring no one is also an option.

Powers lucked into the best situation possible for her so she would be crazy to leave, Sanders has been in Wash for years and appears to be pretty loyal, Cloud will probably receive a lot of attention though so they may wanna put more thought into holding on to the core option.

I can see Powers leaving for a starting spot somewhere

Shades

PostPosted: 01/20/20 3:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aladyyn wrote:

Who’s going to give her that? She seems ideal in the energy off the bench role.

Of course, if she can play SG, the Lynx might even have a spot for her.🤔

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Aladyyn

PostPosted: 01/20/20 3:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Aladyyn wrote:

Who’s going to give her that? She seems ideal in the energy off the bench role.

Of course, if she can play SG, the Lynx might even have a spot for her.🤔

Who knows what the situation will be in a year. She's certainly good enough for a starting spot in this league though, and SF is a fairly weak position.

She can play SG, but I think she's quite a lot better at the 3. I want more playmaking ability from guards.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 01/20/20 4:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If Powers replicates her 2019 numbers in 2020, even if it's in somewhat limited minutes again, someone will happily pay her a lot of money to steal her away from Washington. She was a top-15 player in the entire league last season in PER. But if she manages to keep her head screwed on straight I also wouldn't be surprised if Washington see her as potentially their long-term 3, with Atkins at the 2 once Toliver calls it quits.

PostPosted: 01/20/20 8:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

To the team the pays powers that max contract in 2021 i pray for you and growth along with maturity. #Amen

PostPosted: 01/20/20 10:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
To the team the pays powers that max contract in 2021 i pray for you and growth along with maturity. #Amen

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Like I said earlier she lucked into the best possible situation with a strong-willed head coach and a good core of vets.

Stormeo

PostPosted: 01/21/20 12:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I wonder then what would happen if McCoughtry wanted to join a team like Washington. She's from the Baltimore area and the Mystics should be favored to win next year's title. I think Thibault would first have her agree to take on a much more specific role than she's ever had in Atlanta, but I think as long as she leaves all traces of "Lori Ann" in Atlanta (what a time that was Exclamation ), she would find her way and at least not destroy the team's chemistry. I seem to remember how good she was off the bench with either the 2012 or 2016 Olympic teams. He would be dumb to immediately turn the possibility of her down if it were presented to him.

What other teams do we think she'd want to go to if she's indeed done with the Dream? Connecticut could use her star power; IMO even if they change their bench up, I just don't see them getting another double-bye in the playoffs next year if their biggest moves are simply bringing back the starters due for new contracts.

Last edited by Stormeo on 01/21/20 2:08 am; edited 1 time in total
J-Spoon

PostPosted: 01/21/20 1:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Angel in Vegas could be pretty interesting.

Plum, McBride, McCoughtry, Wilson, Cambage
L. Allen, Colson or Rodgers or Prince, J. Young, T. Young, Hamby, Park, Swords

If Cambage doesn't show
Plum, McBride, McCoughtry, Hamby, Wilson
L. Allen, Colson or Rodgers or Prince, J. Young, T. Young, Park, Swords

She makes Vegas with Cambage a real contender, and Vegas without Cambage she keeps them in the mix.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 01/21/20 7:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ive had Vegas as the main destination for Lori Ann since last season ended the way it did with her fake cameo Laughing Laughing . She's exactly the player they need.

PostPosted: 01/21/20 9:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think Cambage comes over if she gets the max(215k). I don't see either Colson, Rodgers or Prince in Vegas this season. Laimbeer went with 11 most of last season. I do think Vegas is the best fit for Angel.

PG: Plum/L. Allen or FA
SG: McBride/J. Young
SF: McCoughtry/T. Young
PF: Wilson/Hamby
C: Cambage/Swords/Park?

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Randy

PostPosted: 01/21/20 11:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
I wonder then what would happen if McCoughtry wanted to join a team like Washington. She's from the Baltimore area and the Mystics should be favored to win next year's title. I think Thibault would first have her agree to take on a much more specific role than she's ever had in Atlanta, but I think as long as she leaves all traces of "Lori Ann" in Atlanta (what a time that was Exclamation ), she would find her way and at least not destroy the team's chemistry. I seem to remember how good she was off the bench with either the 2012 or 2016 Olympic teams. He would be dumb to immediately turn the possibility of her down if it were presented to him.

What other teams do we think she'd want to go to if she's indeed done with the Dream? Connecticut could use her star power; IMO even if they change their bench up, I just don't see them getting another double-bye in the playoffs next year if their biggest moves are simply bringing back the starters due for new contracts.

If the numbers listed by WNBAInsider are correct, DC may be one of the few teams that has a cap space crunch. Kristy, Elana and Emma are all out of contract and between the 3 of them 645 k of cap space will probably be used up. So probably no room for Angel.

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 01/21/20 4:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:

Dallas 😁

hangtyme24

PostPosted: 01/21/20 5:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Ive had Vegas as the main destination for Lori Ann since last season ended the way it did with her fake cameo Laughing Laughing . She's exactly the player they need.

Id take Angel in LA!

Gray
Williams
McCoughtry
Parker
Ogwumike

PostPosted: 01/21/20 7:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hangtyme24 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

Id take Angel in LA!

Gray
Williams
McCoughtry
Parker
Ogwumike

I agree - LA is the perfect fit. And Sparks have ample cap space.....

toad455

PostPosted: 01/21/20 8:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hangtyme24 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

Id take Angel in LA!

Gray
Williams
McCoughtry
Parker
Ogwumike

Does make you wonder if Beard is going to retire if this were to happen.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 01/21/20 8:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
hangtyme24 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

Id take Angel in LA!

Gray
Williams
McCoughtry
Parker
Ogwumike

LA has bigger issues than trying to sign Lori Ann. Sure she may land there but I’m almost 60% sure that won’t be the line up they have available in LA.

PostPosted: 01/21/20 8:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
toad455 wrote:
hangtyme24 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

Id take Angel in LA!

Gray
Williams
McCoughtry
Parker
Ogwumike

LA has bigger issues than trying to sign Lori Ann. Sure she may land there but I’m almost 60% sure that won’t be the line up they have available in LA.

Why not? Gray better be re-signed and CP3 aint going anywhere. Already spoke to her about it. Lol. Jk.

PostPosted: 01/22/20 7:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hangtyme24 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
toad455 wrote:
hangtyme24 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

Id take Angel in LA!

Gray
Williams
McCoughtry
Parker
Ogwumike

Why not? Gray better be re-signed and CP3 aint going anywhere. Already spoke to her about it. Lol. Jk.

Ideally that line up would be an instant favorite in 2020.

PostPosted: 01/22/20 4:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Idk if McCoughtry in LA would work out. It just seems like the more talent LA has to work with, the likelier on-the-court underachievement and off-the-court turmoil are to happen. As much as I don't mind that for LA ( Laughing ), I do hope McCoughtry gets that title. Vegas does seem like the best fit, considering how rosters are now. But if Atlanta cores McCoughtry, how would Vegas trade for her? No first-rounder this year, so maybe their 2021 first-rounder and Jackie Young, or something thereabouts.

Randy

PostPosted: 01/22/20 5:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
Idk if McCoughtry in LA would work out. It just seems like the more talent LA has to work with, the likelier on-the-court underachievement and off-the-court turmoil are to happen. As much as I don't mind that for LA ( Laughing ), I do hope McCoughtry gets that title. Vegas does seem like the best fit, considering how rosters are now. But if Atlanta cores McCoughtry, how would Vegas trade for her? No first-rounder this year, so maybe their 2021 first-rounder and Jackie Young, or something thereabouts.

Angel is what the Sparks need: a player who steps up big time in the playoffs, rather than acting like it is having to stay late after school.

Another destination for her that would make a lot of sense is the Sun - they need that playoff superstar to get them over the hump. However, no one ever seems to want to go there.

Stormeo

PostPosted: 01/22/20 5:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Stormeo wrote:

Angel is what the Sparks need: a player who steps up big time in the playoffs, rather than acting like it is having to stay late after school.

Another destination for her that would make a lot of sense is the Sun - they need that playoff superstar to get them over the hump. However, no one ever seems to want to go there.

That's true. McCoughtry's presence alone might bring that fire when they really need it; For all the talent they had last year, everyone individually and collectively rolled over vs. the Sun. Hard to say how much that was due to the whole Toler/Fisher drama, and how Fisher's personality and coaching affects the team this year - maybe he's even a deterrent for free agents? Probably not, but who's to say how his reputation is amongst the players League-wide.

The Sun should at least have a better chance getting free agents since they still have the "contender" label on them... but we'll see.

RavenDog

PostPosted: 01/23/20 12:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

McCoughtry's a very talented older player but has been known to cause significant problems with GM/s, coaches, players and owners. It will take a mature no-bullshit coach to best control her.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 01/23/20 12:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RavenDog wrote:
McCoughtry's a very talented older player but has been known to cause significant problems with GM/s, coaches, players and owners. It will take a mature no-bullshit coach to best control her.

Too bad she was just fired Crying or Very sad I would be very confident she could handle Lori Anne's Antics with a swift N bomb to the locker Laughing Laughing That would be an entertaining pair Arrow Arrow

PostPosted: 01/25/20 8:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The most important question of the 2020 free agency period will be What Will McCoughtry Decide?
There are many teams that need to fix their hole in their roster at the small forward position. It doesn't matter if you like her or not she is the best player at that position that is a free agent. She will command top dollar. Her decision will set off a chain reaction with other teams to scramble around to grab the next best small forward talent that is available. Cool

PostPosted: 01/26/20 11:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The official FA list

https://www.wnba.com/freeagency2020/

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 2 of 25

Jump to: