RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

Ore State (3) @ Arizona St 1/12: 1:00 pm PT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
myrtle



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 26094



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/12/20 5:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
Richardson gonna ice this one like she did the Duck win.


I'm always surprised that teams don't know who they should be fouling.



_________________
“Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.”
― Maya Angelou
cthskzfn



Joined: 21 Nov 2004
Posts: 12353
Location: In a world where a dbag like Trump isn't potus.


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/12/20 6:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

What an interesting 4 days in WCB Shocked



_________________
Silly, stupid white people might be waking up.
toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 20666



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/12/20 6:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So if South Carolina holds on to win, are they the new #1?



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
cthskzfn



Joined: 21 Nov 2004
Posts: 12353
Location: In a world where a dbag like Trump isn't potus.


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/12/20 6:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
So if South Carolina holds on to win, are they the new #1?



Gonna be interesting!



_________________
Silly, stupid white people might be waking up.
GlennMacGrady



Joined: 03 Jan 2005
Posts: 5888
Location: Heisenberg


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/12/20 6:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

What an astonishing, historic two-game achievement by Arizona State. Terrific defense and heart. With 10 players each playing at least 11 minutes in each game.
taropatch



Joined: 24 Feb 2009
Posts: 661
Location: Kau Rubbish Dump


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/12/20 6:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I wish this game was televised to a wider audience. This PAC12 TV stuff is disgusting.

The frying pan gets even hotter for the Beavers - the get Stanford and Oregon X 2 before the month is over. Nice job by the Sun Devils.


cthskzfn



Joined: 21 Nov 2004
Posts: 12353
Location: In a world where a dbag like Trump isn't potus.


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/12/20 6:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
What an astonishing, historic two-game achievement by Arizona State. Terrific defense and heart. With 10 players each playing at least 11 minutes in each game.



I see it as it's a very, very down year.



_________________
Silly, stupid white people might be waking up.
Conway Gamecock



Joined: 23 Jan 2015
Posts: 854
Location: Here


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/12/20 6:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:
What an astonishing, historic two-game achievement by Arizona State. Terrific defense and heart. With 10 players each playing at least 11 minutes in each game.



I see it as it's a very, very down year.


This is conference play. Do you really think the PAC-12 is experiencing a "very, very down year"??


cthskzfn



Joined: 21 Nov 2004
Posts: 12353
Location: In a world where a dbag like Trump isn't potus.


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/12/20 6:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Conway Gamecock wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:
What an astonishing, historic two-game achievement by Arizona State. Terrific defense and heart. With 10 players each playing at least 11 minutes in each game.



I see it as it's a very, very down year.


This is conference play. Do you really think the PAC-12 is experiencing a "very, very down year"??


Do you really think Geno was trying to force an injured player to play, as you wrote on 01/01/20 7:51 pm?:

Not a good look for Luigi at all, trying so desperately hard to get a waiver from the NCAA to allow Westbrook to play this season, when she was needing so many medical surgeries on her knees. That's almost medieval.

Forcing a player - or trying to force, really - a player to play when she would have been riddled with stitches and mending surgical wounds is something that Tennessee never even thought of forcing Westbrook to do.

For shame, Luigi.......


Rolling Eyes



_________________
Silly, stupid white people might be waking up.
Conway Gamecock



Joined: 23 Jan 2015
Posts: 854
Location: Here


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/12/20 7:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
Conway Gamecock wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:
What an astonishing, historic two-game achievement by Arizona State. Terrific defense and heart. With 10 players each playing at least 11 minutes in each game.



I see it as it's a very, very down year.


This is conference play. Do you really think the PAC-12 is experiencing a "very, very down year"??


Do you really think Geno was trying to force an injured player to play, as you wrote on 01/01/20 7:51 pm?:

Not a good look for Luigi at all, trying so desperately hard to get a waiver from the NCAA to allow Westbrook to play this season, when she was needing so many medical surgeries on her knees. That's almost medieval.

Forcing a player - or trying to force, really - a player to play when she would have been riddled with stitches and mending surgical wounds is something that Tennessee never even thought of forcing Westbrook to do.

For shame, Luigi.......


Rolling Eyes



No, I was actually being totally facetious in my above comments, sort of a tongue-in-cheek response to Auriemma's comments towards Tennessee and their coaching staff and medical staff, when he played like Donald Trump by making inflammatory and disparaging statements about fellow colleagues, and phrased those comments as if he had some dark, secret information regarding Tennessee, when he clearly had nothing at all to base them on.

But does this mean then that your above comments about the PAC-12 being very, very down this year was facetious as well? It would make sense, as the PAC-12 did have the #2 and #3 ranked teams before this week, and yes both teams did in fact lose games, but they did in fact lose them to fellow PAC-12 opponents.

It's a strange format for discourse you practice, answering questions with questions of your own. Straight out of the Kellyanne Conway playbook. Impressive.....


ucbart



Joined: 21 Nov 2004
Posts: 1584
Location: New York


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/12/20 7:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Conway Gamecock wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:
What an astonishing, historic two-game achievement by Arizona State. Terrific defense and heart. With 10 players each playing at least 11 minutes in each game.



I see it as it's a very, very down year.


This is conference play. Do you really think the PAC-12 is experiencing a "very, very down year"??


Yes-women's hoops is in a very down year, thus all the upsets. You don't lose senior classes like the last two and not experience some growing pains.


Conway Gamecock



Joined: 23 Jan 2015
Posts: 854
Location: Here


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/12/20 7:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:
Conway Gamecock wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:
What an astonishing, historic two-game achievement by Arizona State. Terrific defense and heart. With 10 players each playing at least 11 minutes in each game.



I see it as it's a very, very down year.


This is conference play. Do you really think the PAC-12 is experiencing a "very, very down year"??


Yes-women's hoops is in a very down year, thus all the upsets. You don't lose senior classes like the last two and not experience some growing pains.


But by your own basis, it sounds as if you're basing your position on what teams ONCE had, such as those senior classes that are no more. So, you're basing your opinion that women's hoops is in a very down year compared to what past years' teams had in talent and senior experience.

This would be a relevant argument if this years' teams had to play against those past years' teams, with all their senior talent and experience. If this years' teams kept losing to those past years' teams, then one could say, "well, women's hoops this year is in a very, very down year.

But if all this year's teams play against, are this year's teams, then wouldn't the playing field therefore by definition be a level playing field? In truth, there is never any physical way in reality that one year's team is able to play in a past year's team - this year's Crystal Dangerfield Uconn team can't ever play against say Diana Taurasi's Uconn team - at least not in any NCAA official capacity - so why even make that argument?

So against THIS YEAR'S field, it's all eyeball to eyeball. No one cares what UConn teams had in past seasons. Just because UConn lost and may very well lose again this season, doesn't mean that WCBB is in a down year. It just means that UConn is in a down year. Don't pass that evil on to the rest of us, please......


cthskzfn



Joined: 21 Nov 2004
Posts: 12353
Location: In a world where a dbag like Trump isn't potus.


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/12/20 7:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Conway Gamecock wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
Conway Gamecock wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:
What an astonishing, historic two-game achievement by Arizona State. Terrific defense and heart. With 10 players each playing at least 11 minutes in each game.



I see it as it's a very, very down year.


This is conference play. Do you really think the PAC-12 is experiencing a "very, very down year"??


Do you really think Geno was trying to force an injured player to play, as you wrote on 01/01/20 7:51 pm?:

Not a good look for Luigi at all, trying so desperately hard to get a waiver from the NCAA to allow Westbrook to play this season, when she was needing so many medical surgeries on her knees. That's almost medieval.

Forcing a player - or trying to force, really - a player to play when she would have been riddled with stitches and mending surgical wounds is something that Tennessee never even thought of forcing Westbrook to do.

For shame, Luigi.......


Rolling Eyes



No, I was actually being totally facetious in my above comments, sort of a tongue-in-cheek response to Auriemma's comments towards Tennessee and their coaching staff and medical staff, when he played like Donald Trump by making inflammatory and disparaging statements about fellow colleagues, and phrased those comments as if he had some dark, secret information regarding Tennessee, when he clearly had nothing at all to base them on.

But does this mean then that your above comments about the PAC-12 being very, very down this year was facetious as well? It would make sense, as the PAC-12 did have the #2 and #3 ranked teams before this week, and yes both teams did in fact lose games, but they did in fact lose them to fellow PAC-12 opponents.

It's a strange format for discourse you practice, answering questions with questions of your own. Straight out of the Kellyanne Conway playbook. Impressive.....



I didn't say the PAC12 is having a down year- ALL of WCB is. Also, ASU has beaten the Beavs 4 straight games now, so that's not much of an historic win, imo.

When the #2 and #3 teams can lose to an unranked opponent, even a road conference foe, it stinks of parity, and parity means, generally, mediocrity, in WCB.



_________________
Silly, stupid white people might be waking up.
Conway Gamecock



Joined: 23 Jan 2015
Posts: 854
Location: Here


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/12/20 7:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:
Conway Gamecock wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:
What an astonishing, historic two-game achievement by Arizona State. Terrific defense and heart. With 10 players each playing at least 11 minutes in each game.



I see it as it's a very, very down year.


This is conference play. Do you really think the PAC-12 is experiencing a "very, very down year"??


Yes-women's hoops is in a very down year, thus all the upsets. You don't lose senior classes like the last two and not experience some growing pains.


And further: so 3-4 teams go undefeated all season long, and end up making up the Final Four, and its a strong year? Lots of people complain that it's a poor year for parity.

But when the top teams are getting "upset" - not by weak cupcake fellow conference "rivals" like the entire AAC, or by 6-8 teams - but by teams like Louisville, Baylor, and Arizona State, who has a strong record, strong RPI, and is a conference foe - THAT's a "very, very down year"?? Lots of people would simply say that that is generally regarded as strong parity in most men's sports, and is in fact very healthy and good for any sport.

About the only odd loss I can say this season would be Stanford's loss to Texas, but Texas is NOT a team with no talent - its a team with horrible coaching, but sometimes talent can screw up and play past their coaching, and accidentally win a game they probably shouldn't have. It wouldn't be the first time that happened, and its only one game after all......


Conway Gamecock



Joined: 23 Jan 2015
Posts: 854
Location: Here


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/12/20 7:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
Conway Gamecock wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
Conway Gamecock wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:
What an astonishing, historic two-game achievement by Arizona State. Terrific defense and heart. With 10 players each playing at least 11 minutes in each game.



I see it as it's a very, very down year.


This is conference play. Do you really think the PAC-12 is experiencing a "very, very down year"??


Do you really think Geno was trying to force an injured player to play, as you wrote on 01/01/20 7:51 pm?:

Not a good look for Luigi at all, trying so desperately hard to get a waiver from the NCAA to allow Westbrook to play this season, when she was needing so many medical surgeries on her knees. That's almost medieval.

Forcing a player - or trying to force, really - a player to play when she would have been riddled with stitches and mending surgical wounds is something that Tennessee never even thought of forcing Westbrook to do.

For shame, Luigi.......


Rolling Eyes



No, I was actually being totally facetious in my above comments, sort of a tongue-in-cheek response to Auriemma's comments towards Tennessee and their coaching staff and medical staff, when he played like Donald Trump by making inflammatory and disparaging statements about fellow colleagues, and phrased those comments as if he had some dark, secret information regarding Tennessee, when he clearly had nothing at all to base them on.

But does this mean then that your above comments about the PAC-12 being very, very down this year was facetious as well? It would make sense, as the PAC-12 did have the #2 and #3 ranked teams before this week, and yes both teams did in fact lose games, but they did in fact lose them to fellow PAC-12 opponents.

It's a strange format for discourse you practice, answering questions with questions of your own. Straight out of the Kellyanne Conway playbook. Impressive.....



I didn't say the PAC12 is having a down year- ALL of WCB is. Also, ASU has beaten the Beavs 4 straight games now, so that's not much of an historic win, imo.

When the #2 and #3 teams can lose to an unranked opponent, even a road conference foe, it stinks of parity, and parity means, generally, mediocrity, in WCB.



.................


cthskzfn wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:
What an astonishing, historic two-game achievement by Arizona State. Terrific defense and heart. With 10 players each playing at least 11 minutes in each game.



I see it as it's a very, very down year.



If you posted this response instead of the snarky iteration you chose to put on the table, it would make better sense, I guess. But I posted the above quote to show that your initial response was directly to GlennMacGrady's comment that was 100% about the PAC-12 play, and your response did not specify, therefore your opinion about the "very, very down year" looked to be 100% about the PAC-12, not WBB in general. Which was the total reason for my question to you.

Parity is another word for a level playing field. Why does the balance of a playing field have any significance? Because usually sport involves two combatants - either individual or team - not just one or 3 or 5. Typically 2. So the best balance between two (2) combatants or competitors on the field of play is by logical definition 50-50.

So, by extending that elementary logic, 50-50 of anything means 50% of one side, or 50% of the other. So PARITY, by that definition, means that either the field drops down to your level (50%), or you rise up to the field's level (50%).

But, you choose to conclude that the field in WCBB has dropped - not risen - to that field. Why? Is it because UConn appears to have dropped, not risen, this season? Again, isn't that a UConn problem, and NOT a WCBB problem? Same thing for Notre Dame.......


myrtle



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 26094



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/12/20 7:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

timeout!

go to your corners and count to 100.



_________________
“Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.”
― Maya Angelou
Conway Gamecock



Joined: 23 Jan 2015
Posts: 854
Location: Here


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/12/20 7:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
timeout!

go to your corners and count to 100.


What? There is no trolling here - no personal attacking. My above posts are as deep and philosophical into WCBB discussion that I can delve into.

Your post I just quoted is the closest post to a "troll" or "hijack" post as any of the last 5-6 posts submitted.....


summertime blues



Joined: 16 Apr 2013
Posts: 5630
Location: Shenandoah Valley


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/12/20 8:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:
What an astonishing, historic two-game achievement by Arizona State. Terrific defense and heart. With 10 players each playing at least 11 minutes in each game.



I see it as it's a very, very down year.


You think it's a down year because your doggies aren't winning it all, all the time? Please. They'll still run the table in the AAC...most likely, although anything can happen and sometimes does. It's a little more like parity this year otherwise, and the PAC-12 seems to be a better conference than most.



_________________
Don't take life so serious. It ain't nohows permanent.
It takes 3 years to build a team and 7 to build a program.--Conventional Wisdom
elsie



Joined: 08 Apr 2016
Posts: 162



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/12/20 8:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

its a great year.......big times being exposed and the middling teams fighting like mad to win........


cthskzfn



Joined: 21 Nov 2004
Posts: 12353
Location: In a world where a dbag like Trump isn't potus.


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/12/20 8:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:
What an astonishing, historic two-game achievement by Arizona State. Terrific defense and heart. With 10 players each playing at least 11 minutes in each game.



I see it as it's a very, very down year.


You think it's a down year because your doggies aren't winning it all, all the time? Please. They'll still run the table in the AAC...most likely, although anything can happen and sometimes does. It's a little more like parity this year otherwise, and the PAC-12 seems to be a better conference than most.


If that's what you and the rest of the UConn haters wish to think, so be it.

I'm beyond such tribalistic nonsense.



_________________
Silly, stupid white people might be waking up.
summertime blues



Joined: 16 Apr 2013
Posts: 5630
Location: Shenandoah Valley


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/12/20 9:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:
What an astonishing, historic two-game achievement by Arizona State. Terrific defense and heart. With 10 players each playing at least 11 minutes in each game.



I see it as it's a very, very down year.


You think it's a down year because your doggies aren't winning it all, all the time? Please. They'll still run the table in the AAC...most likely, although anything can happen and sometimes does. It's a little more like parity this year otherwise, and the PAC-12 seems to be a better conference than most.


If that's what you and the rest of the UConn haters wish to think, so be it.

I'm beyond such tribalistic nonsense.


Right. Laughing Laughing Laughing



_________________
Don't take life so serious. It ain't nohows permanent.
It takes 3 years to build a team and 7 to build a program.--Conventional Wisdom
cthskzfn



Joined: 21 Nov 2004
Posts: 12353
Location: In a world where a dbag like Trump isn't potus.


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/12/20 9:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:
What an astonishing, historic two-game achievement by Arizona State. Terrific defense and heart. With 10 players each playing at least 11 minutes in each game.



I see it as it's a very, very down year.


You think it's a down year because your doggies aren't winning it all, all the time? Please. They'll still run the table in the AAC...most likely, although anything can happen and sometimes does. It's a little more like parity this year otherwise, and the PAC-12 seems to be a better conference than most.


If that's what you and the rest of the UConn haters wish to think, so be it.

I'm beyond such tribalistic nonsense.


Right. Laughing Laughing Laughing



You're projecting, again.



_________________
Silly, stupid white people might be waking up.
Conway Gamecock



Joined: 23 Jan 2015
Posts: 854
Location: Here


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/12/20 9:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:
What an astonishing, historic two-game achievement by Arizona State. Terrific defense and heart. With 10 players each playing at least 11 minutes in each game.



I see it as it's a very, very down year.


You think it's a down year because your doggies aren't winning it all, all the time? Please. They'll still run the table in the AAC...most likely, although anything can happen and sometimes does. It's a little more like parity this year otherwise, and the PAC-12 seems to be a better conference than most.


If that's what you and the rest of the UConn haters wish to think, so be it.

I'm beyond such tribalistic nonsense.



Good to see you throw in one last tribalistic declarative statement, before you jump on the wagon..... Rolling Eyes


cthskzfn



Joined: 21 Nov 2004
Posts: 12353
Location: In a world where a dbag like Trump isn't potus.


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/12/20 9:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Conway Gamecock wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:
What an astonishing, historic two-game achievement by Arizona State. Terrific defense and heart. With 10 players each playing at least 11 minutes in each game.



I see it as it's a very, very down year.


You think it's a down year because your doggies aren't winning it all, all the time? Please. They'll still run the table in the AAC...most likely, although anything can happen and sometimes does. It's a little more like parity this year otherwise, and the PAC-12 seems to be a better conference than most.


If that's what you and the rest of the UConn haters wish to think, so be it.

I'm beyond such tribalistic nonsense.



Good to see you throw in one last tribalistic declarative statement, before you jump on the wagon..... Rolling Eyes


Did I mention you? But the shoe fits though... Wink



_________________
Silly, stupid white people might be waking up.
Howee



Joined: 27 Nov 2009
Posts: 12546
Location: OREGON (in my heart)


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/12/20 11:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
timeout!

go to your corners and count to 100.


X100 Laughing Laughing Laughing

Y'know, it's (always!) a matter of perspective. I choose to look at it this way: at AZ-St., Ionescu notches a trip-dub including a 24 pt. performance, but AZ-St's defense keeps Boley and Ionescu at 0-9 from the perimeter. They forced 17 Oregon TOs (to their 7).

Today, CTT proved her win over Oregon wasn't a fluke. They outlasted OR-St....She figured out how to beat them...she's bringing a previously-unranked team into the rankings. Howz 'bout saying CTT and AZ-St. have made huge improvements, more than deciding the 'other' PAC 12 schools are over-hyped.

I watched the Iowa/Indiana game today. Same kind of thing....no starry Megan Gustafson, etc., but both played their guts out in some fundamentally solid basketball. The unranked Iowa pulled out the win in OT over ranked IN. Maybe it's the rankings themselves that are mediocre and flawed, more than the actual teams/games! Razz



_________________
Oregon: Go Ducks!
"Inévitablement, les canards voleront"
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin