RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

6 Baylor @ 1 CT 7pE espn 1.9.20
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PUmatty

PostPosted: 01/10/20 2:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

willtalk wrote:
Uconn finally met a match up that exposed their weaknesses. Weaknesses that were fairly obvious at the beginning of the season. Those being a lack of a bench, especially at the post position. These things can not be coached away even by Geno. Lack of depth are what will kill you in the NCAA's. So will relying on a few players to carry you through games offensively. If any of those players go cold, you have no one to pick up the slack.

It appeared that Uconn was fired up on adrenaline from the beginning, but when that wore off, they ended up totally gassed at the end. That is what no depth will do if you have to give 100% the entire game.

We'll see how Baylor looks once Cox is back at a 100% and well-integrated, but as they were last night I can't see either of these teams making noise in March.

PRballer

PostPosted: 01/10/20 3:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
Congrats to the LBs.

Can't say I'm surprised. The better team won last year, and this.

Pathetic final 6:00 by UConn. Embarrassing, really.

This team may even lose to Tenn ffs.

Final Four looks as doubtful as it did in May.

04-05 redux...onward to the past.

About Tennessee: Harper and staff will certainly watch this game closely to see what Baylor did down low and Tennessee might have an advantage inside, but that game will require Tennessee beating UConn on the boards, limited mistakes/turnovers by Massengill, a big game from Rennia Davis, and a breakout game from Horston (she might love the big spotlight) or spark plug Burrell.

That said, I think Connecticut is the heavy favorite, especially in CT, but this game does give Harper something to work with as she prepares.

myrtle

PostPosted: 01/10/20 4:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:

We'll see how Baylor looks once Cox is back at a 100% and well-integrated, but as they were last night I can't see either of these teams making noise in March.

Who else do see making that noise? This year, so much parity - any of the top teams can beat another top team on any particular night.

IMO it will depend very much on matchups. (as well as performance of course, but like in this game I think Baylor was way more successful from the 3 pt line than usual. Some anomaly like that can make a huge difference). Matchups: Baylor will likely be a #1 in Dallas and one of the P12 teams will likely be the #2 there. I think they matchup better against a team like Stanford than against either of the Oregon teams...but we shall see.

- Amanda Gorman
myrtle

PostPosted: 01/10/20 4:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oldfandepot2 wrote:
Hoops9092 wrote:
Just like that Oregon and Oregon State move up to 1 and 2 in the country.

What an unbelievable statement that just is when you look at how far those two programs have come in the last 10 years. Unreal and good for Oregon and Oregon State.

Agree, are they going to maintain that level of excellence going forward as I don't their recruiting looks like in the coming years.

Oregon may have a down year next year with what they lose, but they have one of, if not THE, best recruiting classes coming in so the future should be pretty bright. I think I saw they have 5 5 stars in 2020.

OrSU looks pretty strong. They have two starting Frosh posts and some more big bigs coming in. I think they really only lose Pivec this year. A big loss for sure but nothing like what Oregon loses. They have two pretty good guards/wings coming in. I think the wing is a top 20. Scotty has been very crafty (amazing really) with lesser players so hopefully he can do the same as he pulls in some top recruits.

In general, I think the P12 looks to be strong for some time to come.

- Amanda Gorman
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: