RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Facebook exec: Yes, we got Trump elected and...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Genero36

PostPosted: 01/07/20 7:50 pm    ::: Facebook exec: Yes, we got Trump elected and... Reply Reply with quote

Top Facebook exec: Yes, we got Trump elected and it may happen again

Quote:
New York (CNN Business)A Facebook executive who backed Hillary Clinton's 2016 election campaign told colleagues in an internal memo last month that the platform could ultimately be responsible for President Trump's reelection.

In the memo, Facebook VP Andrew Bosworth wrote that the Trump campaign's use of Facebook's advertising tools were responsible for Trump's win in the 2016 presidential election. The company's political advertising platform, he added, "very well may lead to the same result" this year.

Quote:
"So was Facebook responsible for Donald Trump getting elected? I think the answer is yes, but not for the reasons anyone thinks," Bosworth wrote. "He didn't get elected because of Russia or misinformation or Cambridge Analytica. He got elected because he ran the single best digital ad campaign I've ever seen from any advertiser. Period."

Bosworth said Trump and Brad Parscale, the digital director for Trump's 2016 campaign and now the campaign manager for the 2020 campaign, did "unbelievable work."

"They weren't running misinformation or hoaxes. They weren't microtargeting or saying different things to different people. They just used the tools we had to show the right creative to each person," he wrote.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/07/tech/boz-trump-facebook/index.html

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: