RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

18 Az @ 10 Ucla 3pE PAC12 1.5.20

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 01/05/20 11:05 am    ::: 18 Az @ 10 Ucla 3pE PAC12 1.5.20 Reply Reply with quote

Pauley Pavilion
Los Angeles, CA

PostPosted: 01/05/20 4:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UCLA suprisingly (to me) making it look easy.

- Amanda Gorman
patsweetpat

PostPosted: 01/05/20 5:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I really like that my Bruins don't have just one way to win, and don't rely on just one player to carry them.

Also, McDonald is clearly a gifted scorer, but 19 points on 7-20 shooting... I dunno, maybe pass a little more?

myrtle

PostPosted: 01/05/20 6:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

patsweetpat wrote:
I really like that my Bruins don't have just one way to win, and don't rely on just one player to carry them.

Also, McDonald is clearly a gifted scorer, but 19 points on 7-20 shooting... I dunno, maybe pass a little more?

she and A&M Carter have some of the same good qualities and the same not-so-good qualities.

- Amanda Gorman
GEF34

PostPosted: 01/07/20 1:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

patsweetpat wrote:

She did have 6 assists and probably over 10 had her teammates made the shots, not blaming her teams as it’s unreasonable to expect them to shoot 100%, but you talk as if she shot 7-20 and had 0 assists.

Stormeo

PostPosted: 01/07/20 8:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Speaking about McDonald, her 2PT FG% is up from last year and her SPG is about the same. Other notable stats though are down - FTA/G, 3PT%, APG, ATO (in which the latter three stats weren't great to begin with). Roster- and rotation-wise, there was a good amount of continuity from last year's team to this year's, so that's not the culprit. Hard to say why she hasn't taken that next step as a well-rounded two-way PG, but her team so far has improved overall. In her case, it could really benefit her if were to she come back for her final season of eligibility next year - though she could come back & end up putting up around the same numbers anyway. If she were averaging less than 20 PPG with all other stats the same, I don't know how much we'd be speculating on her early-declare chances...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: