RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

Other Games 01/03-01/05/20
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Marquette Fan



Joined: 06 Mar 2005
Posts: 2849



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/03/20 8:05 am    ::: Other Games 01/03-01/05/20 Reply Reply with quote

I'm sure there are quite a few games this weekend with most teams in conference play now so I thought I'd start a new other games thread.

There are 4 Big East games today including one matinee (all times EST):
Villanova at Seton Hall, 1 p.m.*^
16/17 DePaul at Providence, 6:30 p.m.*!
Georgetown at St. John’s 7 p.m.*^
Marquette at Creighton, 8 p.m.*^

DePaul at Providence is on FS2 tonight and all the other games are available for free via the Big East Digital Network - links here:

http://www.bigeast.com/news/2020/1/2/womens-basketball-bigeastwbb-minute-four-teams-featured-on-tv-this-weekend.aspx

I look forward to watching the Penn State at Wisconsin game Saturday as Carolyn Kieger returns to the state of Wisconsin as the PSU coach and getting my first look at her team. That one is on the BTN at 4P EST on Saturday.

Other Sat national TV games (not a complete list at all - just ones listed in my local paper) - all times EST:

12PM - VCU at Rhode Island - CBS Sports Network
5PM - Baylor at Oklahoma - Fox Sports Regional (on FS Wisconsin by me)
6PM - Minnesota at Nebraska - Big Ten Network


mzonefan



Joined: 15 Oct 2005
Posts: 3476
Location: Ann Arbor, MI


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/03/20 2:11 pm    ::: Re: Other Games 01/03-01/05/20 Reply Reply with quote

Marquette Fan wrote:


I look forward to watching the Penn State at Wisconsin game Saturday as Carolyn Kieger returns to the state of Wisconsin as the PSU coach and getting my first look at her team. That one is on the BTN at 4P EST on Saturday.


PSU looked pretty awful when they came to Ann Arbor on Tuesday. It's going to take Kieger a while to get that on track. I think Illinois, Wisconsin and Penn State will be battling for the bottom of the B1G again.


mzonefan



Joined: 15 Oct 2005
Posts: 3476
Location: Ann Arbor, MI


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/03/20 2:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sunday's games start at noon on TV.

Michigan State at Michigan is on ESPN2
Vandy at Florida on ESPNU
GA Tech at Wake Forest ACCN
Rutgers at Purdue BTN

and more later! https://www.hoopfeed.com/content/tv/


Marquette Fan



Joined: 06 Mar 2005
Posts: 2849



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/03/20 2:49 pm    ::: Re: Other Games 01/03-01/05/20 Reply Reply with quote

mzonefan wrote:
Marquette Fan wrote:


I look forward to watching the Penn State at Wisconsin game Saturday as Carolyn Kieger returns to the state of Wisconsin as the PSU coach and getting my first look at her team. That one is on the BTN at 4P EST on Saturday.


PSU looked pretty awful when they came to Ann Arbor on Tuesday. It's going to take Kieger a while to get that on track. I think Illinois, Wisconsin and Penn State will be battling for the bottom of the B1G again.


Oh yeah - I'm not expecting a miracle turnaround from her in the first season at PSU. I wish Wisconsin would get things going again and wish they'd play Marquette again also - I miss that rivalry (they haven't played the last two seasons).

Seton Hall made a good second half comeback against Villanova today but Villanova pulls away in the end to pick up the road win 61-55.


Marquette Fan



Joined: 06 Mar 2005
Posts: 2849



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/03/20 2:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mzonefan wrote:
Sunday's games start at noon on TV.

Michigan State at Michigan is on ESPN2
Vandy at Florida on ESPNU
GA Tech at Wake Forest ACCN
Rutgers at Purdue BTN

and more later! https://www.hoopfeed.com/content/tv/


Villanova at St. John's is on CBS Sports Network at 2P EST Sunday (not included in that link) for the televised BE game that day.


Hoopsmom



Joined: 05 Apr 2017
Posts: 311



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/03/20 8:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

We are watching Northern Iowa at Drake. With 6 1/2 minutes left, it is 96-71 Drake. Neither team is playing any defense at all! Yes, they are scoring a lot of points, but it’s not good basketball.


Marquette Fan



Joined: 06 Mar 2005
Posts: 2849



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/03/20 8:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Not surprisingly DePaul won at Providence 80-67 tonight to move to 2-0 in BE play so far. And St. John's is in control at home over Georgetown leading 567-46 with 2:25 to go in the game.

Marquette is up 28-24 at halftime at Creighton. Hopefully MU can keep it up in the second half Smile. MU only has 7 TO's at the half which is really good for them - they had more than that in the first quarter alone at DePaul on Sunday (26 total to's in that game).


Hoopsmom



Joined: 05 Apr 2017
Posts: 311



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/03/20 8:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hoopsmom wrote:
We are watching Northern Iowa at Drake. With 6 1/2 minutes left, it is 96-71 Drake. Neither team is playing any defense at all! Yes, they are scoring a lot of points, but it’s not good basketball.


Drake ended up winning, 104-87. Drake had ben up by 39 points in the third quarter....


Marquette Fan



Joined: 06 Mar 2005
Posts: 2849



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/03/20 9:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Not surprisingly Creighton shows they are the better team and beats Marquette 72-62.


summertime blues



Joined: 16 Apr 2013
Posts: 5913
Location: Shenandoah Valley


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/03/20 10:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

William & Mary came to Harrisonburg tonight and went home soundly spanked, 84-70. It was a very fast-paced game and got pretty chippy at times. I have a feeling these teams will lik each other even less the next time they meet. W&M pulled a very (IMO) bush league move at the end of the game when JMU’s PG was just trying to run out the clock with a few seconds left and they tried to steal the ball. Sore losers.



_________________
Don't take life so serious. It ain't nohows permanent.
It takes 3 years to build a team and 7 to build a program.--Conventional Wisdom
Stormeo



Joined: 14 Jul 2019
Posts: 1753
Location: Seattle, WA


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/04/20 2:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
linkster wrote:
Colorado's 12-0 record is being exposed at Oregon. Oregon isn't playing particularly well. Hebard is on the bench with 3 fouls (T), an Oregon player tipped in a basket for Colorado and Oregon has one 3 but is still ahead 37-16.

Colorado's 12 wins includes only 2 vs teams with under 100 Massey ratings (98 & 86)


halftime 22-51. Feeling a bit sorry for the Buffs arrival at reality.


We all knew this game would mark the end of their undefeated run, but even I was a little surprised at the sheer domination Oregon showcased (at least as it pertained to their defense).

Pac-12 Final Scores for 1/3/20:

@Oregon 104, Colorado 46
@Oregon State 77, Utah 48
@Stanford 77, WSU 58
@UCLA 68, ASU 66
Arizona 65, @USC 57
Washington 67, @California 64


Elsewhere, Iowa State did to Texas Tech what Oregon did to Colorado: end that team's undefeated start with a bang, winning 96-66 on the road. And we probably all noticed by now how Texas is back on their bs after TCU won at Texas for the first time, in 22(!!) tries, 65-63. 'Twas another game that Holmes & Collier both bewilderingly shot poorly: a combined 5-19 (4-16 inside the arc). Their rollercoaster season continues!


NoDakSt



Joined: 26 Oct 2005
Posts: 4398
Location: Attilan


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/04/20 4:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Natasha Mack with 25 points, 20 boards and 9 blocks as OK State knocks Kansas off. Vivi Gray with 27 points and 7 assists and 3 blocks. These two accounted for all but 15 of the OKieSt points, all but 15 of their boards, and all but 5 of their assists.



_________________
Free your mind and your ass will follow.
Rock Hard



Joined: 02 Aug 2010
Posts: 3883
Location: Chocolate Paradise


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/05/20 1:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:
Natasha Mack with 25 points, 20 boards and 9 blocks as OK State knocks Kansas off. Vivi Gray with 27 points and 7 assists and 3 blocks. These two accounted for all but 15 of the OKieSt points, all but 15 of their boards, and all but 5 of their assists.

The Mack attack is the new basketball warrior in the Big 12 this season. Very Happy



_________________
I am .... a bucket.
NoDakSt



Joined: 26 Oct 2005
Posts: 4398
Location: Attilan


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/05/20 2:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
NoDakSt wrote:
Natasha Mack with 25 points, 20 boards and 9 blocks as OK State knocks Kansas off. Vivi Gray with 27 points and 7 assists and 3 blocks. These two accounted for all but 15 of the OKieSt points, all but 15 of their boards, and all but 5 of their assists.

The Mack attack is the new basketball warrior in the Big 12 this season. Very Happy


There are a lot of bigs putting up impressive numbers in the XII outside of the Baylor and Texas posts. Mack for OKState, Britt brewer for Texas tech, and Williams and Lee for KState. Most of these bigs don't get much in the way of backcourt help so watching them play in conference should give an idea of where they are at after feasting g on preconference cupcakes



_________________
Free your mind and your ass will follow.
Rock Hard



Joined: 02 Aug 2010
Posts: 3883
Location: Chocolate Paradise


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/05/20 9:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:
NoDakSt wrote:
Natasha Mack with 25 points, 20 boards and 9 blocks as OK State knocks Kansas off. Vivi Gray with 27 points and 7 assists and 3 blocks. These two accounted for all but 15 of the OKieSt points, all but 15 of their boards, and all but 5 of their assists.

The Mack attack is the new basketball warrior in the Big 12 this season. Very Happy


There are a lot of bigs putting up impressive numbers in the XII outside of the Baylor and Texas posts. Mack for OKState, Britt brewer for Texas tech, and Williams and Lee for KState. Most of these bigs don't get much in the way of backcourt help so watching them play in conference should give an idea of where they are at after feasting g on preconference cupcakes

I totally agree with you. I will be following the Big 12 this season very closely because most of my favorite post players this season play in the Big 12. Cool



_________________
I am .... a bucket.
NoDakSt



Joined: 26 Oct 2005
Posts: 4398
Location: Attilan


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/05/20 1:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

In Ann Arbor visiting Spartans were down by one point with three seconds left in the third. When wolverine Amy Dilk nail the three point shot. Michigan then proceeded the score of the first 17 points of the fourth quarter.



_________________
Free your mind and your ass will follow.
NoDakSt



Joined: 26 Oct 2005
Posts: 4398
Location: Attilan


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/05/20 2:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michigan owns the fourth quarter supposed to 20 point win over Michigan State.



_________________
Free your mind and your ass will follow.
NoDakSt



Joined: 26 Oct 2005
Posts: 4398
Location: Attilan


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/05/20 2:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
NoDakSt wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:
NoDakSt wrote:
Natasha Mack with 25 points, 20 boards and 9 blocks as OK State knocks Kansas off. Vivi Gray with 27 points and 7 assists and 3 blocks. These two accounted for all but 15 of the OKieSt points, all but 15 of their boards, and all but 5 of their assists.

The Mack attack is the new basketball warrior in the Big 12 this season. Very Happy


There are a lot of bigs putting up impressive numbers in the XII outside of the Baylor and Texas posts. Mack for OKState, Britt brewer for Texas tech, and Williams and Lee for KState. Most of these bigs don't get much in the way of backcourt help so watching them play in conference should give an idea of where they are at after feasting g on preconference cupcakes

I totally agree with you. I will be following the Big 12 this season very closely because most of my favorite post players this season play in the Big 12. Cool


I might amend my list of XII stand out posts. The K-State duo Lee and Williams look pedestrian when they have to go against players their own size such as can be found with the West Virginia team. And the Mountain we poats are not world-shatterers by any means; one of the WVU bigs have scored but Lee and Williams have only combined for 10 points and 9 boards and WVU is rolling on the strength of their backcourt. And what is up with KSUs Christiana Carr? She was a highly touted guard who went to Manhattan because your dad got a coaching gig there.



_________________
Free your mind and your ass will follow.
NoDakSt



Joined: 26 Oct 2005
Posts: 4398
Location: Attilan


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/05/20 2:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Regarding the Kansas state bigs both Lee and Williams have hit double figure scoring and each of them have 7 boards. West Virginia starting backward of Gondrezik, Martin and Madi Smith are out scoring the entire K-State team.



_________________
Free your mind and your ass will follow.
Marquette Fan



Joined: 06 Mar 2005
Posts: 2849



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/05/20 2:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Two games are finals in the Big East:

Seton Hall wins at home over Georgetown 79-60

Marquette picks up their first Big East win of the season on the road at Providence 60-50

Two close ones at halftime:

DePaul 40 Creighton 36 at Creighton

St. John's 32 Villanova 25 at St. John's (on CBS Sports Network)


Hoopsmom



Joined: 05 Apr 2017
Posts: 311



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/05/20 2:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Halftime, South Dakota is beating Denver 59-32. Go Yotes!!!!


NoDakSt



Joined: 26 Oct 2005
Posts: 4398
Location: Attilan


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/05/20 3:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WVU wins in Manhattan.

Misery is killing LSU in Columbia up by 20 with 3 minutes in the third.



_________________
Free your mind and your ass will follow.
mzonefan



Joined: 15 Oct 2005
Posts: 3476
Location: Ann Arbor, MI


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/05/20 3:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:
Michigan owns the fourth quarter supposed to 20 point win over Michigan State.


That was fun!


NoDakSt



Joined: 26 Oct 2005
Posts: 4398
Location: Attilan


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/05/20 3:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Misery has given away most of a 20 point third quarter lead. Up by 4 with 1 minute left and LSU's Ayana Mitchell misses two FTs.



_________________
Free your mind and your ass will follow.
Marquette Fan



Joined: 06 Mar 2005
Posts: 2849



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/05/20 3:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I kept going back and forth from DePaul-Creighton and St. John's-Villanova. DePaul escapes Omaha with a 74-71 win to go to 3-0 in the Big East. Villanova had some poor execution at the end of regulation and they are heading to overtime tied at 56 at St. John's.


Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin