RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Other games: 2.28.19-2.29.19
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Howee

PostPosted: 12/29/19 11:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
NoDakSt wrote:
The press conference.
https://und.com/ndwbb-post-game-press-conference-vs-clemson-2019/
It ain't pretty.

so glad I'm not a coach. Having to do a post game presser after a disaster is really tough.

Hellaciously exacerbated by the fact that your team won the NC 2 years ago, and almost did it last year. THAT'S a helluva dropoff!

PostPosted: 12/30/19 1:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:
myrtle wrote:
NoDakSt wrote:
Clemson is up 18 on the Irish in South Bend. It's in the 4th quarter.

omg. I just saw this. When was the last time Clemson beat ND???!!! It's getting embarrassing for the Irish. Shocked

The press conference.

It ain't pretty.

Yikes! Has anyone heard from Art?

summertime blues

PostPosted: 12/30/19 11:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Iluvacc wrote:
NoDakSt wrote:
myrtle wrote:
NoDakSt wrote:

omg. I just saw this. When was the last time Clemson beat ND???!!! It's getting embarrassing for the Irish. Shocked

The press conference.

It ain't pretty.

Yikes! Has anyone heard from Art?

Shhhhhh. Don't raise ghosts!

PostPosted: 12/30/19 3:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:

The press conference.

It ain't pretty.

After her 4th "I don't know" to questions I couldn't help but think that someone should ask if maybe having a male on the staff would help. Rolling Eyes Wink

Yeah, I'm going to hell. Very Happy

Stormeo

PostPosted: 12/30/19 8:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:

The press conference.

It ain't pretty.

Y'have to wonder how her own pre-season expectations compare to the current reality. Obviously unexpected injuries hurt a lot, but one would think after having so many injuries/defections the past couple years, she would be deterred from carrying only ten or so scholarship players on the roster. The difference between then & now of course is, the players that didn't get injured were still experienced with premium talent that she could ride out; whereas this year they're the opposite of a seasoned unit and not nearly as talented as the previous group - though imo there's still enough talent to where one or even two players should've emerged as the "go-to" player by now...? (Even if they proved later on that they couldn't handle being one)

linkster wrote:
After her 4th "I don't know" to questions I couldn't help but think that someone should ask if maybe having a male on the staff would help. Rolling Eyes Wink

I'm not necessarily a Muffet hater but that was savage. Twisted Evil

Last edited by Stormeo on 12/31/19 2:35 am; edited 1 time in total
taropatch

PostPosted: 12/30/19 11:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

linkster wrote:

Lol. Truly brutal.

Stormeo

PostPosted: 12/31/19 2:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

(Double post)

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 12/31/19 8:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

There are 4 BE games today with free online broadcasts. 3 of the games are at 1P EST and St. John's at Butler is at 4P EST. Links for the free online broadcasts can be found here:

http://www.bigeast.com/news/2019/12/30/womens-basketball-bigeastwbb-minute-ringing-in-the-new-year.aspx

Today's BE schedule:
Providence at Georgetown, 1 p.m.*^
Seton Hall at Xavier, 1 p.m.*^
-/RV Creighton at Villanova, 1 p.m.*^
St. John’s at Butler, 4 p.m.*^

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 12/31/19 1:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

linkster wrote:
After her 4th "I don't know" to questions I couldn't help but think that . . .

. . . she sounded like Holly Warlick.
Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 12/31/19 2:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Found Nebraska at Michigan State on the BTN (first of a tripleheader) and Nebraska leads 46-40 at the start of the 4th quarter.

CBiebel

PostPosted: 12/31/19 5:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
NoDakSt wrote:

ND was 6-0 vs Clemson entering the game (they've only played since ND joined the ACC).

Yeah, it's been a really rough year, and I don't see it getting too much easier.

BTW, has anyone seen Art? I haven't seen any posts of his since his preseason prediction. He said he got a chuckle that the rest of the ACC thought this would be the year to knock ND down a peg or two. I wonder if he's chuckling now.

I tried to warn him... Confused

summertime blues

PostPosted: 12/31/19 6:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CBiebel wrote:
myrtle wrote:
NoDakSt wrote:

ND was 6-0 vs Clemson entering the game (they've only played since ND joined the ACC).

Yeah, it's been a really rough year, and I don't see it getting too much easier.

BTW, has anyone seen Art? I haven't seen any posts of his since his preseason prediction. He said he got a chuckle that the rest of the ACC thought this would be the year to knock ND down a peg or two. I wonder if he's chuckling now.

I tried to warn him... Confused

Shhh. Do not raise ghosts.

PostPosted: 12/31/19 6:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wow Northwestern is destroying Maryland 65-43 in the 4th quarter. Big 1st (18-6) & 3rd quarters (26-13).

taropatch

PostPosted: 12/31/19 9:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dinkytown wrote:
Wow Northwestern is destroying Maryland 65-43 in the 4th quarter. Big 1st (18-6) & 3rd quarters (26-13).

Final 81-58 Northwestern

Stellar FT shooting by both teams 81%, but 24 turnovers and 30% from the field for the Terps aint gonna work.

CBiebel

PostPosted: 01/01/20 3:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:

Hellaciously exacerbated by the fact that your team won the NC 2 years ago, and almost did it last year. THAT'S a helluva dropoff!

The fact that explains that is that there were 9 players on last year's squad who, due to graduation, leaving early, transfers and injuries weren't playing for most of this season (one of them came back fior the Clemson game). You can plan for the graduations, and maybe factor in the possible leaving early (although if you look at the schedule, you can see it was probably made figuring that Young would be returning). But when you add in the transfers and injuries, that's just too much to be able to plan for or handle.

CBiebel

PostPosted: 01/01/20 3:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
but one would think after having so many injuries/defections the past couple years, she would be deterred from carrying only ten or so scholarship players on the roster.

She's not trying to have 10 players on the roster. She's trying to have 12.

Keep in mind that the class that left for the WNBA wasn't supposed to be 5 players. It was originally supposed to be 2. Turner was a 5th year senior, Shepard was a transfer in, and Young was expected to be returning this year. graduating 5 starters in one year wasn't the plan, and if it was only 2-3 then ND could probably have absorbed the effect of the 2 transfers and possibly even the 2 injuries.

This was basically just a perfect storm against ND this year.

CBiebel

PostPosted: 01/01/20 4:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

linkster wrote:
NoDakSt wrote:

The press conference.

It ain't pretty.

I know you were joking, but I don't see how having a male on the staff would have prevented Jackie Young from leaving early for the WNBA, Nixon and Patterson transferring, Prohaska having blood clots in her lungs, Vaughn having a knee sprain, and Sniezek suffering from Plantar Fascitis.

BTW, I was thinking about how people got their panties in a bunch about her saying that she would only look for a female assistant (consider that her last 3 hires have all been former players and only women play for her, well...). However, after the 2001 NC she said that she always wanted a male on the staff. When McGuff left for Xavier, that statement logically meant that she was only looking for a male for that position, since she had two female assistants, yet the people who now roast her for the "no more males" comments didn't say anything about that back then. I think her current comments were misconstrued since she was probably just pointing out a change in her viewpoint from what she thought back in 2001 (she used to think that she needed a guy on the staff to be "the bad guy" in calling out players, but now she doesn't).

calbearman76

PostPosted: 01/02/20 6:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CBiebel wrote:
linkster wrote:
NoDakSt wrote:

The press conference.

It ain't pretty.

After her 4th "I don't know" to questions I couldn't help but think that someone should ask if maybe having a male on the staff would help. :roll: :wink:

I know you were joking, but I don't see how having a male on the staff would have prevented Jackie Young from leaving early for the WNBA, Nixon and Patterson transferring, Prohaska having blood clots in her lungs, Vaughn having a knee sprain, and Sniezek suffering from Plantar Fascitis.

BTW, I was thinking about how people got their panties in a bunch about her saying that she would only look for a female assistant (consider that her last 3 hires have all been former players and only women play for her, well...). However, after the 2001 NC she said that she always wanted a male on the staff. When McGuff left for Xavier, that statement logically meant that she was only looking for a male for that position, since she had two female assistants, yet the people who now roast her for the "no more males" comments didn't say anything about that back then. I think her current comments were misconstrued since she was probably just pointing out a change in her viewpoint from what she thought back in 2001 (she used to think that she needed a guy on the staff to be "the bad guy" in calling out players, but now she doesn't).

The perceived problem with her statement is that it is limiting her potential candidates on the basis of sex. I don't really see this as problem, but it does make some people uncomfortable, as it gives cover to other job decisions that are made about characteristics other than what person is best for a job.

linkster

PostPosted: 01/02/20 6:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CBiebel wrote:
linkster wrote:
NoDakSt wrote:

The press conference.

It ain't pretty.

I know you were joking, ....

I was chuckling as I wrote it. In fact I had just watched the media interview Geno and the soft-ball questions he was getting made me think of Westbrook having a mike put to her mouth and getting getting a loaded question at a very vulnerable moment, right after ending a frustrating season with a bad loss. Coaches, who are earning million+/year salaries never get a tough question at a moment like that. It would have been a perfect question to see what MM would say. So while I was laughing I wasn't joking.

cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 01/02/20 7:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

A small price to pay for the NCAA-gifted 2018 gift NC, imo.

Would any ND fan trade Shepard's immediate eligibility that season, in order for her to be available now, to avoid their current misery?

PostPosted: 01/02/20 8:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
A small price to pay for the NCAA-gifted 2018 gift NC, imo.

Would any ND fan trade Shepard's immediate eligibility that season, in order for her to be available now, to avoid their current misery?

It's not the NCAA's fault that UConn/Geno always choke in the Final Four unless they have an extreme amount more in talent than the other team that it's impossible for them not to lose. I am still outraged, though, that Miss St blew it at the end of the NC game.

linkster

PostPosted: 01/02/20 10:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Syracuse, trailing by one has the ball to inbounds with :00.6 left in OT and Engsler hits an alley oop 3 footer for the win.

Down goes Florida St and another unbeaten is erased.

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 01/02/20 10:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

What a game between FSU and Cuse, especially the fourth quarter and OT. A bunch of dopey fouls by both teams at crucial times interspersed with big shots and impossible shots at even more crucial times. I don't think I've ever seen both teams score to go ahead with 0.6 seconds on the game clock.
linkster

PostPosted: 01/03/20 10:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Colorado's 12-0 record is being exposed at Oregon. Oregon isn't playing particularly well. Hebard is on the bench with 3 fouls (T), an Oregon player tipped in a basket for Colorado and Oregon has one 3 but is still ahead 37-16.

Colorado's 12 wins includes only 2 vs teams with under 100 Massey ratings (98 & 86)

myrtle

PostPosted: 01/03/20 10:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

linkster wrote:
Colorado's 12-0 record is being exposed at Oregon. Oregon isn't playing particularly well. Hebard is on the bench with 3 fouls (T), an Oregon player tipped in a basket for Colorado and Oregon has one 3 but is still ahead 37-16.

Colorado's 12 wins includes only 2 vs teams with under 100 Massey ratings (98 & 86)

halftime 22-51. Feeling a bit sorry for the Buffs arrival at reality.

- Amanda Gorman
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: