RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

12.22 #1 Stanford @ Texas 1p espn2
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 12/22/19 2:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Chop chop chop.....!!!!

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 12/22/19 3:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lmao.

PostPosted: 12/22/19 3:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Hoops9092 wrote:
So tired of watching Charli Collier taunt people

She’s good but something tells me she believes she better than what the film says Laughing

Finishing with 20 pts 19 rebs I may need to reconsider how good she may be myself!

PostPosted: 12/22/19 3:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Divine game with a resurrection story by Holmes and a righteous ending.
Howee

PostPosted: 12/22/19 3:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
i expect a relative romp, even on the road.

Tex usually is a clusterF.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Jeezus Pleezus! "cluster", eh?? Razz

Well, this one oughtta send the TX haterz out to the ionosphere and beyond. But I can't pretend I'm not shocked, either.

I dunno....more of the PaBoOM thang?

PostPosted: 12/22/19 3:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
i expect a relative romp, even on the road.

Tex usually is a clusterF.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Jeezus Pleezus! clusterF, eh?? Razz

Well, this one oughtta send the TX haterz out to the ionosphere and beyond.

I dunno....more of the PaBoOM thang?

So now the "one game means little " argument is moot? Laughing

PostPosted: 12/22/19 4:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Karen Aston just took herself off the hot seat

Howee

PostPosted: 12/22/19 4:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
So now the "one game means little " argument is moot? Laughing

Well, A: I don't think you've ever heard that one from ME, and B: Hey, when you're unranked and beat the current #1, that's a BIG 'one game'. Especially in March. Cool

Obviously, "can it be replicated?" is the big question, and consistency is not Karen's forte.

PostPosted: 12/22/19 5:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Hoops9092 wrote:
So tired of watching Charli Collier taunt people

She’s good but something tells me she believes she better than what the film says Laughing

Finishing with 20 pts 19 rebs I may need to reconsider how good she may be myself!

Collier, to me, looks to me like she might be the best young big at the next level. Aston just has to develop her. Elissa Cunane looks like the best young post in the country because she has a better coach.

There are some good sophomore post players this year with those two and Olivia Nelson-Ododa

taropatch

PostPosted: 12/22/19 7:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm stunned. Live by the three, die by the three. I guess Stanford drops to #3 and UConn, Oregon inch up.

linkster

PostPosted: 12/22/19 9:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Just got home from watching UConn dismantle a less than stellar Oklahoma and I see this score. I wondered how long the Trees would last with the No 1 on their backs. Couldn't even make it to Christmas? For shame. And losing to TEXAS? Double for shame.

Don't lose heart fans. It's back to friendly Maples for the next 4 games. Then a "road" game at Berkeley on 1/12.

cthskzfn

PostPosted: 12/23/19 9:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

linkster wrote:
Just got home from watching UConn dismantle a less than stellar Oklahoma and I see this score. I wondered how long the Trees would last with the No 1 on their backs. Couldn't even make it to Christmas? For shame. And losing to TEXAS? Double for shame.

Don't lose heart fans. It's back to friendly Maples for the next 4 games. Then a "road" game at Berkeley on 1/12.

I'd say it's about 50-50 UConn holds the top spot until the 1/13 poll. Speaking of Baylor, when is Cox expected to return?

PostPosted: 12/23/19 2:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
linkster wrote:

I'd say it's about 50-50 UConn holds the top spot until the 1/13 poll. Speaking of Baylor, when is Cox expected to return?

From what I have read she is cleared to practice and play and has been for a week or three.
As for UConn, when I look at this current team with the memories of what they have been in the past I can't believe they are the best team at this point in the country. Then I try and find those that are better (again, at this point) and while I do see others as good there are none who have separated themselves from the pack.
As much as I want UConn to win them all, they would benefit from some team having a great game against them. I believe that improvement comes from adversity. Better in Jan/Feb than in April.

Last edited by linkster on 12/23/19 5:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
RavenDog

PostPosted: 12/23/19 2:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Iluvacc wrote:
Karen Aston just took herself off the hot seat

Was never on it.

cthskzfn

PostPosted: 12/23/19 4:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

linkster wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
linkster wrote:

From what I have read she is cleared to practice and play and has been for a week or three.
As for UConn, when I look at this current team with the memories of what they have been in the past I can't believe they are the best team at this point in the country. Then I try and find those that are better (again, at this point) and while I do see others as good there are none who have separated themselves from the pack.
As nuch as want UConn to win them all, they would benefit from some team having a great game against them. I believe that improvement comes from adversity. Better in Jan/Feb than in April.

In summation, it's a down year. Very Happy

I'm feeling better about some of those ridiculous, current UConn streaks remaining intact.

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: