RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

DiJonai Carrington

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hoops9092

PostPosted: 01/04/20 11:46 am    ::: DiJonai Carrington Reply Reply with quote

She is arguably Stanford's best player and hasn't played since November 24th due to injury.

Curious if there is any talks of redshirting her?

myrtle

PostPosted: 01/04/20 12:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

good question.
I haven't heard even a whisper.

- Amanda Gorman
Shades

PostPosted: 01/04/20 1:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

They say she’s making progress. Doesn’t sound like an interest in redshirting.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Hoops9092

PostPosted: 01/04/20 2:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It just seems like redshirting would make the most sense. Especially strategically for next season with Kiana Williams as a returning senior point, Haley Jones as a sophomore, top recruit Brink joining, etc.

Shades

PostPosted: 01/04/20 3:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shouldn’t it be about what the player wants and not what’s the best strategy for the school?

Are you seeing this season as unsalvageable? Maybe Carrington would be the key to success this season.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Howee

PostPosted: 01/04/20 5:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hoops9092 wrote:
It just seems like redshirting would make the most sense. Especially strategically for next season with Kiana Williams as a returning senior point, Haley Jones as a sophomore, top recruit Brink joining, etc.

I'd agree that it's 'bout time to consider that option; as a senior, she may want to redshirt, just to have a better crack at being a primo 5th-yr player. Otherwise, if she's only gonna come back in, say, Feb or Mar, and not be 100%, why bother? And I'd have no doubt Tara is considering what Carrington's wishes are in all this....she's still got a ton of talent, either way.

(Does anyone know the nature of her injury?)

PostPosted: 01/05/20 9:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
Hoops9092 wrote:

I'd agree that it's 'bout time to consider that option; as a senior, she may want to redshirt, just to have a better crack at being a primo 5th-yr player. Otherwise, if she's only gonna come back in, say, Feb or Mar, and not be 100%, why bother? And I'd have no doubt Tara is considering what Carrington's wishes are in all this....she's still got a ton of talent, either way.

(Does anyone know the nature of her injury?)

I know that every person is different and have their own personal goals that they want to accomplish in life. If this young lady is interested in going to grad school then she should redshirt this season. If she is ready to move on to the next chapter of her life after graduation this year then she should put Stanford in her rearview mirror and move on.

PostPosted: 01/05/20 1:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The other thing you may not be considering is our scholie situation. We currently have 15. We have 4 seniors graduating and I know that we have three commits for next year. I'm pretty sure we have offered for that 4th spot...so redshirting may or may not even be an option.

Not to have an effect on this particular issue because she is already counted in next year's 15, but our junior Maya Dodson is also possibly redshirting this year. In one sense, it's a nice problem to have. In an other, it does create some limitations.

- Amanda Gorman
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: