RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

"New post" function not working for a week

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 12/20/19 12:50 pm    ::: "New post" function not working for a week Reply Reply with quote

The little page (or whatever it is) icon that darkens to blue when a new post is in a thread hasn't been working for me in about a week. It stays dark on threads that I've read completely. Hence, I can't tell whether there's an actual new post in the thread or not.

In addition, clicking the new post icon doesn't take me anywhere near the end of threads. It seems to think there is a "newest post" somewhere before the end.
Shades

PostPosted: 12/20/19 12:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It works for me, so try a different “board style”.

I’ve never changed my board style, so it looks like “Classic” is the default, which again is working for me.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Shades

PostPosted: 12/20/19 1:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Something else it could be is if you changed your security settings to not except cookies from this site or possibly all sites. The site uses cookies to keep track of your last post. So you gotta decide what you want, privacy or convenience.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
pilight

PostPosted: 12/20/19 2:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Clear the cookies for this site. You'll be required to log back in, but after that it should work normally. It happens to me after I use the search function sometimes.

#NATC

PostPosted: 12/20/19 5:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Clear the cookies for this site. You'll be required to log back in, but after that it should work normally. It happens to me after I use the search function sometimes.

Yep, good advice. Typically that fixes it.

PostPosted: 12/20/19 11:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I've always used the mac board style. Changing styles seemed to make all threads "read" with no new posts, even in threads I've never opened. So, then I cleared out three RebKell cookies and went back to mac style. Same result: all threads showing "read".

But . . .

Actual new posts in threads since this morning are now showing as new posts. So, maybe problem solved going forward. Thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: