RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

Paige Bueckers has the SWAGGIEST Game in the COUNTRY
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
stever



Joined: 16 Nov 2004
Posts: 6911
Location: https://womensbasketballdaily.net


Back to top
PostPosted: 11/24/19 8:30 pm    ::: Paige Bueckers has the SWAGGIEST Game in the COUNTRY Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/6702T9bn0_A" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>



_________________
Women's Basketball Daily
Celebrating the Women's Game Since 2005
WBBDaily Mobile Edition
GlennMacGrady



Joined: 03 Jan 2005
Posts: 6310
Location: Heisenberg


Back to top
PostPosted: 11/24/19 10:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

In my 15 years of watching girls high school basketball somewhat seriously, Pistol Paige Bueckers is the best guard I've seen. With pizzazz and razzmatazz, she can dominate (scoring), facilitate (teammates), prestidigitate (the ball) and vaticinate (the entire court).

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/avCjxgJoZZo" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
linkster



Joined: 27 Jul 2012
Posts: 4365



Back to top
PostPosted: 12/06/19 6:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bueckers' Hopkins is playing today, Friday 12-6-19 at 6:00pm ET The game is streamed here:

http://www.prepspotlight.tv/MSHSL/GameStream


cthskzfn



Joined: 21 Nov 2004
Posts: 12851
Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.


Back to top
PostPosted: 12/07/19 10:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Better than Bent?



_________________
Silly, stupid white people might be waking up.
ucbart



Joined: 21 Nov 2004
Posts: 1684
Location: New York


Back to top
PostPosted: 12/07/19 12:00 pm    ::: Re: Paige Bueckers has the SWAGGIEST Game in the COUNTRY Reply Reply with quote

stever wrote:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/6702T9bn0_A" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>


In the pantheon of great players that have gone to UCONN and been superstars, I think Paige Bueckers will be the most hated player by opposing fans. She's just that player, with that swag, and that game. Yes-Diana was hated, but this is a totally different era with social media.

She has game changer written all over her.

I wonder what number she will wear?


NoDakSt



Joined: 26 Oct 2005
Posts: 4398
Location: Attilan


Back to top
PostPosted: 12/07/19 12:20 pm    ::: Re: Paige Bueckers has the SWAGGIEST Game in the COUNTRY Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:
stever wrote:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/6702T9bn0_A" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>


In the pantheon of great players that have gone to UCONN and been superstars, I think Paige Bueckers will be the most hated player by opposing fans. She's just that player, with that swag, and that game. Yes-Diana was hated, but this is a totally different era with social media.

She has game changer written all over her.

I wonder what number she will wear?



But but but Minnesota Nice??



_________________
Free your mind and your ass will follow.
GlennMacGrady



Joined: 03 Jan 2005
Posts: 6310
Location: Heisenberg


Back to top
PostPosted: 12/07/19 1:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Pistol wears #1 in high school.

She scored 29 points in the game linked by Linkster, which Hopkins easily won. In that game, she was aggressive and finished in traffic on many drives, was able to self-create (with some good picks) several short pull-up jumpers, but seemed to be somewhat off on her long shot. Her coach kept her on the court the entire game, with just a two minute blow in the first half, even when up by 25 points at the end.
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 54717



Back to top
PostPosted: 12/07/19 1:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I remember struggling to get people to recognize Bueckers as a top prospect. Now she’s getting all this hype.
http://boards.rebkell.net/viewtopic.php?t=93614



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
GlennMacGrady



Joined: 03 Jan 2005
Posts: 6310
Location: Heisenberg


Back to top
PostPosted: 12/07/19 1:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
The Pistol wears #1 in high school.


Just realized and confirmed that UConn has never had a #1 jersey. Maybe that was the point of ucbart's question.
cthskzfn



Joined: 21 Nov 2004
Posts: 12851
Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.


Back to top
PostPosted: 12/07/19 3:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

A heads-up for Cam and RAF: I find the trash talk/stare down crap to be asshole-ish. If Bueckers continues that bs in a CT uni, I'll call it out. Wink



_________________
Silly, stupid white people might be waking up.
ucbart



Joined: 21 Nov 2004
Posts: 1684
Location: New York


Back to top
PostPosted: 12/08/19 8:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:
The Pistol wears #1 in high school.


Just realized and confirmed that UConn has never had a #1 jersey. Maybe that was the point of ucbart's question.


Yes-Geno doesn't allow it and she even talked about(somewhere-I know I heard it) that she asked him for it and he said no.


linkster



Joined: 27 Jul 2012
Posts: 4365



Back to top
PostPosted: 12/08/19 9:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:
The Pistol wears #1 in high school.


Just realized and confirmed that UConn has never had a #1 jersey. Maybe that was the point of ucbart's question.


Yes-Geno doesn't allow it and she even talked about(somewhere-I know I heard it) that she asked him for it and he said no.



Fudd also wears No 1 for her HS team.


allenleavell



Joined: 28 Apr 2010
Posts: 677



Back to top
PostPosted: 12/10/19 3:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

When she get uconn non of that....mo jeffeerson made my baby go work her game .one game her team was down 15 pt she brought them back....


linkster



Joined: 27 Jul 2012
Posts: 4365



Back to top
PostPosted: 12/10/19 4:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://www.usab.com/news-events/news/2019/12/faoy.aspx

USA Basketball names Bueckers their female athlete of the year. The last high school player to win it was Stewart.

Geno has the pieces coming in and already there to reach his goal of "making UConn bad for basketball". Rolling Eyes


stever



Joined: 16 Nov 2004
Posts: 6911
Location: https://womensbasketballdaily.net


Back to top
PostPosted: 12/10/19 6:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/_ywaPN87C70" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>



_________________
Women's Basketball Daily
Celebrating the Women's Game Since 2005
WBBDaily Mobile Edition
myrtle



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 26736



Back to top
PostPosted: 12/10/19 9:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

yep, I can see why she will be considered an asshole by opponents. Being good is one thing, being an ass is another. You really don't have to be an ass to be good - see Stewie and Maya for example. I always wonder the effect on teammates. I'm guessing there are some who would be put off by it. Look at the exodus from Texas A&M for example. Somewhere along the line, someone enabled her and taught her it was fine to be a bad sport. Too bad.



_________________
“Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.”
― Maya Angelou
ClayK



Joined: 11 Oct 2005
Posts: 10511



Back to top
PostPosted: 12/11/19 10:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So when was she an ass? I watched that whole thing, and she plays with a little panache, but she never showed anyone up on the other team. Sure, she celebrated when her teammate made a layup after another teammate dove on the floor for a loose ball ... but this was a playoff game, pretty clearly, and I think it was against Wayzata, their big rival.

I don't see a problem with a very good player having fun playing the game ...



_________________
Oṃ Tāre Tuttāre Ture Svāhā
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 54717



Back to top
PostPosted: 12/11/19 11:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bad sport? WTF? Myrtle, you have no clue what you’re talking about.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
SDHoops



Joined: 09 Nov 2007
Posts: 985



Back to top
PostPosted: 12/11/19 11:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

AS USUAL, myrtle has to bring anti-UConn agenda to a thread. I'm starting to think myrtle is Sue Favors because they bring the same B.S. everyday Rolling Eyes The same myrtle that said Marina Mabrey's foul behavior was "fine". Smh!!


myrtle



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 26736



Back to top
PostPosted: 12/11/19 12:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

yeah, I'm totally anti UConn. That's why I brought up Maya and Stewie as examples of great players with great attitudes who don't need to show up opponents. That's why I think Geno is probably the greatest women's college coach of all time. Go ahead and SYH. Maybe it will help you to see beyond the end of your nose.



_________________
“Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.”
― Maya Angelou
myrtle



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 26736



Back to top
PostPosted: 12/11/19 12:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
So when was she an ass? I watched that whole thing, and she plays with a little panache, but she never showed anyone up on the other team. Sure, she celebrated when her teammate made a layup after another teammate dove on the floor for a loose ball ... but this was a playoff game, pretty clearly, and I think it was against Wayzata, their big rival.

I don't see a problem with a very good player having fun playing the game ...


I hope you're right.

cthskzfn wrote:
A heads-up for Cam and RAF: I find the trash talk/stare down crap to be asshole-ish. If Bueckers continues that bs in a CT uni, I'll call it out. Wink


from a UConn fan...or maybe cthskzfn is Sue Favor in drag.



_________________
“Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.”
― Maya Angelou
cthskzfn



Joined: 21 Nov 2004
Posts: 12851
Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.


Back to top
PostPosted: 12/11/19 1:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The bucket at :29, and her subsequent yapping at #9. Not heinous by any stretch, but not my cup of tea.



_________________
Silly, stupid white people might be waking up.
linkster



Joined: 27 Jul 2012
Posts: 4365



Back to top
PostPosted: 12/11/19 2:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
yep, I can see why she will be considered an asshole by opponents. Being good is one thing, being an ass is another. You really don't have to be an ass to be good - see Stewie and Maya for example. I always wonder the effect on teammates. I'm guessing there are some who would be put off by it. Look at the exodus from Texas A&M for example. Somewhere along the line, someone enabled her and taught her it was fine to be a bad sport. Too bad.


Think you overstate it. Any comparison to a primadonna is total bullshit. Bueckers is the consummate team player. She likely will never be the leading scorer for UConn over a season but may set the all-time assist mark.
She is never intimidated and is the type who responds to taunts with her game.
Taurasi has shown ass-like behavior as a pro but at UConn her antics were limited to post-game comments or gestures, like when she motioned to the blue devil crowd to "call me" after enduring their taunts and whipping their team, or her comment about the Tenn crowd booing every time she touched the ball with "I thought they were mooing".
I'm sure there will be those who will not like her strutting but you needn't worry because if your past behavior is any indication you won't ever watch more than 4 or 5 minutes of her UConn's games. Very Happy


linkster



Joined: 27 Jul 2012
Posts: 4365



Back to top
PostPosted: 12/11/19 3:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
The bucket at :29, and her subsequent yapping at #9. Not heinous by any stretch, but not my cup of tea.


I've watched many complete games and the only time I've seen her stare down an opponent was after they gave her shit more than once. There have been games when the entire student section of the opponent has taunted her. It never lasts long however.

UConn has needed a player with some on-court personality for a while. I can't wait to see her at Notre Dame and at Tenn next year. It's really too bad UConn doesn't play Duke anymore.


Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 54717



Back to top
PostPosted: 12/11/19 5:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
The bucket at :29, and her subsequent yapping at #9. Not heinous by any stretch, but not my cup of tea.


There was no yapping. She’s also very intense on defense. She finds the player she’s responsible for guarding and reels them in. You can find something similar @2:29 in the “Bueckers silences feisty crowd” video.

I think people are getting overly influenced by the click bait nature of the titles of these videos.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin