Board Junkies Forums

EuroBasket 2021
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Randy

PostPosted: 11/13/20 7:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
PickledGinger wrote:
Ivana Dojkic has put in the performance of the tournament through Croatia's first 3 games, all wins - including a win over Germany in which Satou Sabally went for 33 and 10. The 5-11 22-year old point guard is averaging 28 points, 7 assists and 3 steals on 49% shooting and is 9/20 from 3. I've never heard of her so I don't know if these's numbers are an anomaly, but if she continues playing like this she should definitely be on the WNBA radar.

She went 10-24 for 30pts and 8 assists today against the DeWanna Bonner-led North Macedonia. awhom111, is that the first time Bonner's actually appeared in a game for the Macedonians?

I always enjoy being reminded of the 'nationality' of random Americans when we have these rafts of games. Jonquel Jones is Bosnian, and Markeisha Gatling is Montenegrin, for anyone else who'd forgotten.

Where is Alex Bentley these days? Is she still on the Belarus NT? If so, she probably should steer clear of any protests against their leader.....

PostPosted: 11/13/20 7:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Where is Alex Bentley these days? Is she still on the Belarus NT? If so, she probably should steer clear of any protests against their leader.....

She played for them in late 2019 when these qualifiers started, but Belarus pulled out of their game this week due to Covid results so I don't know whether she was going to play this time. Given that they're in Great Britain's group (and stuffed us in Nov 2019), exactly what FIBA decides to do with their game against Poland that got cancelled could be rather important to us...

PostPosted: 11/13/20 9:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Zahui tested positive for coronavirus, so she’ll have to pull out of representing for Sweden.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
awhom111

PostPosted: 11/14/20 12:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

All the stats:
http://www.womensbasketball247.com/2020/11/eurobasket-2021-qualifiers-round-3-november-12th-13th/

Saturday and Sunday video:
http://www.womensbasketball247.com/2020/11/watch-eurobasket-qualifiers-here-saturday-and-sunday/

I had been thinking that a solid start to the season and being teammates with Chelsea Gray might put the Sparks in a position to try to bring Reisingerova over, but it was not her day today.
awhom111

PostPosted: 11/14/20 5:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dojkic went to the line like she was James Harden today.

Russia did just about enough not to make them want to fire another coach.

Yvonne Anderson proved pretty helpful today.

So I was thinking today about how Turkish fans think that Justise Winslow should be eligible as non-naturalized for them because his father was naturalized there during his pro career. Do Bonner's twins also have citizenship with North Macedonia? That would be 4D chess levels of planning for decades down the line.
awhom111

PostPosted: 11/15/20 2:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Weekend recap:
http://www.womensbasketball247.com/2020/11/eurobasket-qualifiers-round-4-november-14th-15th/

Players testing positive right before these games hardly makes me feel comfortable about the testing available for domestic leagues. Zaragoza basically said that they could only spend so much money on testing this season when they got a false positive.
Randy

PostPosted: 11/15/20 3:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

awhom111 wrote:

So I was thinking today about how Turkish fans think that Justise Winslow should be eligible as non-naturalized for them because his father was naturalized there during his pro career. Do Bonner's twins also have citizenship with North Macedonia? That would be 4D chess levels of planning for decades down the line.

Don't forget Hartley, and No Glory Johnson.

PostPosted: 11/18/20 12:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
awhom111 wrote:

Don't forget Hartley, and No Glory Johnson.

Hartley would be different since she would be entitled to French citizenship even without being an athlete.

Glory's kids going to Duke and playing for Nigeria would be ironic, but I suppose Montenegro is still on the table.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: