RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Drake WBB tidbit

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 11/08/19 1:21 pm    ::: Drake WBB tidbit Reply Reply with quote

Suzie Glazer Burt - the woman who made a $5 million gift to the Drake women's basketball program -- will be serving as an Honorary Coach for Drake during the November 10, 2019 game against Iowa State.

My source? Glazer's sister (Ellie Glazer Ziegler) and brother-in-law (Mike Ziegler), who are good friends. The Zieglers are also philanthropists. In addition, the Zieglers provided a donation to Duke for the naming rights for one of the offices for the Duke men's basketball assistant coaches.

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 11/08/19 9:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Drake picked up a win tonight over South Dakota State. I was interested in this game as I'm a big fan of Drake Coach Jennie Baranczyk from when she was an assistant at Marquette and Marquette travels to Brookings, SD later this season to play South Dakota State. On a random note, I ran a Marathon in Brookings, SD in May - it was a fun city to visit.

Coyotes

PostPosted: 11/08/19 9:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Marquette Fan wrote:
Drake picked up a win tonight over South Dakota State. I was interested in this game as I'm a big fan of Drake Coach Jennie Baranczyk from when she was an assistant at Marquette and Marquette travels to Brookings, SD later this season to play South Dakota State. On a random note, I ran a Marathon in Brookings, SD in May - it was a fun city to visit.

It's a good win for Drake. It also makes you wonder how long Jeannie Barancyck will stay at Drake given her success there.

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 11/08/19 9:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Coyotes wrote:
Marquette Fan wrote:

It's a good win for Drake. It also makes you wonder how long Jeannie Barancyck will stay at Drake given her success there.

She was somebody I had hoped Marquette might look at when Kieger left. But she's from Des Moines and I believe her parents still live there. With that and her having 3 young kids I was thinking there's a chance she might not want to leave Des Moines. But that's all speculation on my part - I don't have any insider information Smile.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: