RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Penn State loses again

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
womens_hoops

PostPosted: 12/18/05 10:15 pm    ::: Penn State loses again Reply Reply with quote

to Middle Tennessee State.

wonder if they'll make the NIT this year.

rebkell
Site Admin

PostPosted: 12/18/05 10:21 pm    ::: Re: Penn State loses again Reply Reply with quote

womens_hoops wrote:

Will they finish above .500? If they do they will probably be in the post season, if not, I doubt it.

PUmatty

PostPosted: 12/18/05 11:08 pm    ::: Re: Penn State loses again Reply Reply with quote

rebkell wrote:
womens_hoops wrote:

Will they finish above .500? If they do they will probably be in the post season, if not, I doubt it.

They would have to finish .500 or better in the B11 and I would be very suprprised.

Carol Anne

PostPosted: 12/19/05 8:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
The Lady Lions left immediately after the game, choosing not to scout tonight's opponent.

"Why stay and watch the next game?" Portland asked. "It's not about other teams. It's about us right now.

"It's not about basketball. It's about how bad you want it and how excited can you get about playing the game."

http://www.centredaily.com/mld/centredaily/sports/colleges/pennsylvania_state_university/13439371.htm

I'll bet the Lady Lions ate bread and water in their rooms after a tongue-lashing by Rene.

womens_hoops

PostPosted: 12/19/05 9:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm not a big fan of Rene, but I'm not really sure if I want her to get fired for her anti-gay crusade.

I worry that her termination might turn her into some sort of martyr. Like she'll be some sort of anti-PC hero who will go coach at another school, and go around making money of speaking gigs.

It would almost be better if she stayed there and lost and lost and lost. And have the program slowly fall into oblivion.

Curious

PostPosted: 12/19/05 10:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

womens_hoops wrote:
I'm not a big fan of Rene, but I'm not really sure if I want her to get fired for her anti-gay crusade.

I worry that her termination might turn her into some sort of martyr. Like she'll be some sort of anti-PC hero who will go coach at another school, and go around making money of speaking gigs.

It would almost be better if she stayed there and lost and lost and lost. And have the program slowly fall into oblivion.

It's interesting what you bring up. I was sort of feeling the opposite of that last night after hearing about the latest PSU failure. I didn't want the colleges decision to be made easier by Maureen's failure to win (e.g. Gary Barnett). I want Penn State to have to take a stand and commit, without question, to the enforcement of civil/human rights.

I don't want Maureen to be in a position to abuse kids. Perhaps she could keep her job, be docked some pay, and be forced to hire a human/civil rights monitor/coach who shadowed her everywhere. Something along the lines of supervised visits for abusive parents.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: