RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Central Arkansas @ Tennessee - 11/7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PRballer

PostPosted: 11/07/19 7:14 pm    ::: Central Arkansas @ Tennessee - 11/7 Reply Reply with quote

I wanted to post this because...Lady Vols! I'm so grateful for ESPN+ and SEC networks but I have to say. Is the color analyst an undergrad?

Tennessee looks good so far and Horston is particularly impressive. Seems Harper is rewarding the players who perform in practice and they already look better in these first 5 minutes than all of last season (+ the ETSU game). Really interested to see how they develop.

My issue with the color analyst is the first three pieces of analysis out of her mouth:

"Tennessee will be successful if the first and second year players adjust to coach Harper."
Nope.

"Rennia Davis is a combo guard."
Nope

"Zay Green is getting the start tonight at point guard."
Nope

This inspires no confidence! Women's basketball deserves better, across the board.

Joe Foss

PostPosted: 11/07/19 7:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

20-18 Vols at the end of one. It looked like it would be a blowout halfway through the quarter, but Sugar Bears are hanging tough.

PostPosted: 11/07/19 8:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Central Arkansas is good?

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 11/08/19 11:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Central Arkansas is good?

No. They're OK for a mid-major but not of P5 calibre. Tenn was playing well, then towards the end of the first qtr, KJH cleared the bench in various combinations and their offense went to h*** in a handbasket pretty quickly. I have to say that she's getting a good idea of which personnel work well together, and overall Tenn played much better than they did in their exhibition and first game. It looks like the PG and post who will merit the most minutes are both freshmen, so I expect there are going to be a lot of bumps in the road for a while. Tenn won 63-36 with 50% FG and 31% 3PT, which was a big improvement as well.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: