RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

Bracketology

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
calbearman76



Joined: 02 Nov 2009
Posts: 3695
Location: Carson City


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/21/19 10:34 am    ::: Bracketology Reply Reply with quote

Charlie Crème came out with his preseason Bracketology projection today.

http://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/bracketology

Highlights:

#1 seeds - Oregon, Baylor, Stanford, UConn
Top Conferences - ACC and SEC with 8 teams each

The Big East only has 1 team (DePaul) while Missouri Valley gets 2 (Drake and Missouri St)


5thmantheme



Joined: 11 Apr 2016
Posts: 492



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/21/19 5:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Likelihood is Maryland doesn't lose.

Their 2 toughest tests are South Carolina at home.

And Delaware has this new freshmen Adele "Neon" Lendl nobody knows about.
Rolling Eyes


taropatch



Joined: 24 Feb 2009
Posts: 608
Location: Kau Rubbish Dump


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/21/19 5:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

5thmantheme wrote:
Likelihood is Maryland doesn't lose.

Their 2 toughest tests are South Carolina at home.



I haven't looked at the Terrapins' schedule but if it is weak, then the committee will punish Brenda's team like they did in 2017. Conference champions, 30-2, nationally ranked top 4 and they were shoved into UConn's bracket as a #3.


Howee



Joined: 27 Nov 2009
Posts: 12257
Location: OREGON (in my heart)


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/21/19 6:15 pm    ::: Re: Bracketology Reply Reply with quote

calbearman76 wrote:
#1 seeds - Oregon, Baylor, Stanford, UConn


Oh, myy. Well, he IS an ESPN employee, so I s'pose he hadta do the obligatory UConn=#1 seed", but....prolly NOT. Razz



_________________
Oregon: Go Ducks!
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 52771



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/21/19 6:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Remember how he latched on to Tennessee last season and he wouldn’t let go? Creme doesn’t really get good (as he should be) until he’s guided by the selection committee’s 16 reveal.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
SpaceJunkie



Joined: 10 Sep 2012
Posts: 3880
Location: Minnesota


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/21/19 8:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Remember how he latched on to Tennessee last season and he wouldn’t let go? Creme doesn’t really get good (as he should be) until he’s guided by the selection committee’s 16 reveal.


And Tennessee was an NCAA Tournament team so I'm not sure what you mean.


Marquette Fan



Joined: 06 Mar 2005
Posts: 2667



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/21/19 9:04 pm    ::: Re: Bracketology Reply Reply with quote

calbearman76 wrote:
Charlie Crème came out with his preseason Bracketology projection today.

http://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/bracketology

Highlights:

#1 seeds - Oregon, Baylor, Stanford, UConn
Top Conferences - ACC and SEC with 8 teams each

The Big East only has 1 team (DePaul) while Missouri Valley gets 2 (Drake and Missouri St)


I'm not expecting the Big East to be super strong this season beyond DePaul but would expect them to have at least two teams make the NCAA Tournament when all is said and done. Now who that other team besides DePaul will be I'm not sure about at this point other than it won't be Marquette Smile - hoping they can at least go to the WNIT but that might be a long shot - we will see...


summertime blues



Joined: 16 Apr 2013
Posts: 5470
Location: Shenandoah Valley


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/22/19 12:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Already? Really now, Charlie. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes



_________________
Don't take life so serious. It ain't nohows permanent.
It takes 3 years to build a team and 7 to build a program.--Conventional Wisdom
calbearman76



Joined: 02 Nov 2009
Posts: 3695
Location: Carson City


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/22/19 7:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I expect that UConn will be a number 1 seed. They have a very weak schedule, not so much because of poor scheduling but because some of their traditional top opponents are down this season. A win against either Oregon or Baylor, both at home, will assure it.


ThreeBall25



Joined: 21 Jan 2005
Posts: 2738



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/22/19 9:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
Already? Really now, Charlie. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes


What is your issue? Yeah, any preseason coverage from ESPN is SO BAD! Smh...


myrtle



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 25681



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/23/19 10:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

calbearman76 wrote:
I expect that UConn will be a number 1 seed. They have a very weak schedule, not so much because of poor scheduling but because some of their traditional top opponents are down this season. A win against either Oregon or Baylor, both at home, will assure it.


but if they lose to both, what then?



_________________
“Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.”
― Maya Angelou
summertime blues



Joined: 16 Apr 2013
Posts: 5470
Location: Shenandoah Valley


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/23/19 10:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ThreeBall25 wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
Already? Really now, Charlie. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes


What is your issue? Yeah, any preseason coverage from ESPN is SO BAD! Smh...


Not all preseason coverage. Thou tarrest with way too broad a brush! I have no problem with preseason coverage as such. But bracketology before the season even starts? Way too many variables for that. It's just ridiculous.



_________________
Don't take life so serious. It ain't nohows permanent.
It takes 3 years to build a team and 7 to build a program.--Conventional Wisdom
Howee



Joined: 27 Nov 2009
Posts: 12257
Location: OREGON (in my heart)


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/23/19 1:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
calbearman76 wrote:
I expect that UConn will be a number 1 seed. They have a very weak schedule, not so much because of poor scheduling but because some of their traditional top opponents are down this season. A win against either Oregon or Baylor, both at home, will assure it.


but if they lose to both, what then?


I vote for a 9 seed then. Cool



_________________
Oregon: Go Ducks!
calbearman76



Joined: 02 Nov 2009
Posts: 3695
Location: Carson City


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/23/19 5:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
calbearman76 wrote:
I expect that UConn will be a number 1 seed. They have a very weak schedule, not so much because of poor scheduling but because some of their traditional top opponents are down this season. A win against either Oregon or Baylor, both at home, will assure it.


but if they lose to both, what then?


If they lose both they could fall to a 2 seed, but coming up with the other #1 seeds may be tough. second place in the Pac 10 may be a chance, but if ASU, UCLA or Arizona steals some wins from the top 3, getting 2 #1s may be difficult. If a team can get through the ACC or SEC with only 2 losses they will deserve it.

UConn does not have an empty cupboard and with their schedule it is hard to imagine they would have even 4 losses. Even if they aren't top 5 in the RPI that is too good to not give them the benefit of the doubt.


Hoopsmom



Joined: 05 Apr 2017
Posts: 188



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/23/19 5:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I welcome any preseason coverage of women’s sports, especially women’s basketball. We get news and internet coverage and discussion of men’s basketball even in June and July, when we have cable channels showing seven-year-old college “classic” games rather than live WNBA games. We need more hype on the women’s side of things.


pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 59884
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/23/19 5:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

calbearman76 wrote:
myrtle wrote:
calbearman76 wrote:
I expect that UConn will be a number 1 seed. They have a very weak schedule, not so much because of poor scheduling but because some of their traditional top opponents are down this season. A win against either Oregon or Baylor, both at home, will assure it.


but if they lose to both, what then?


If they lose both they could fall to a 2 seed, but coming up with the other #1 seeds may be tough. second place in the Pac 10 may be a chance, but if ASU, UCLA or Arizona steals some wins from the top 3, getting 2 #1s may be difficult. If a team can get through the ACC or SEC with only 2 losses they will deserve it.

UConn does not have an empty cupboard and with their schedule it is hard to imagine they would have even 4 losses. Even if they aren't top 5 in the RPI that is too good to not give them the benefit of the doubt.


Last year they had only two losses and got a #2 seed because of a weak schedule.



_________________
On Christmas Day, the Gingerbread Man said, ‘Ladyfingers, be my wife.’
linkster



Joined: 27 Jul 2012
Posts: 4085



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/23/19 6:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
calbearman76 wrote:
myrtle wrote:
calbearman76 wrote:
I expect that UConn will be a number 1 seed. They have a very weak schedule, not so much because of poor scheduling but because some of their traditional top opponents are down this season. A win against either Oregon or Baylor, both at home, will assure it.


but if they lose to both, what then?


If they lose both they could fall to a 2 seed, but coming up with the other #1 seeds may be tough. second place in the Pac 10 may be a chance, but if ASU, UCLA or Arizona steals some wins from the top 3, getting 2 #1s may be difficult. If a team can get through the ACC or SEC with only 2 losses they will deserve it.

UConn does not have an empty cupboard and with their schedule it is hard to imagine they would have even 4 losses. Even if they aren't top 5 in the RPI that is too good to not give them the benefit of the doubt.


Last year they had only two losses and got a #2 seed because of a weak schedule.


No, they got a 2 seed because of those 2 losses. If they had beaten either Baylor or Louisville (on the road) they would have had a 1.


calbearman76



Joined: 02 Nov 2009
Posts: 3695
Location: Carson City


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/23/19 6:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
calbearman76 wrote:
myrtle wrote:
calbearman76 wrote:
I expect that UConn will be a number 1 seed. They have a very weak schedule, not so much because of poor scheduling but because some of their traditional top opponents are down this season. A win against either Oregon or Baylor, both at home, will assure it.


but if they lose to both, what then?


If they lose both they could fall to a 2 seed, but coming up with the other #1 seeds may be tough. second place in the Pac 10 may be a chance, but if ASU, UCLA or Arizona steals some wins from the top 3, getting 2 #1s may be difficult. If a team can get through the ACC or SEC with only 2 losses they will deserve it.

UConn does not have an empty cupboard and with their schedule it is hard to imagine they would have even 4 losses. Even if they aren't top 5 in the RPI that is too good to not give them the benefit of the doubt.


Last year they had only two losses and got a #2 seed because of a weak schedule.


Your point is well taken. But it is also true that there were 6 teams reasonably worthy of #1 seeds. The 2 teams that were moved to the 2 line were both essentially home teams for the regionals, Oregon in Portland and UConn in Albany.

Obviously UConn has to play up to what has become expected of them. Two losses in their big 2 games would probably drop them to a 2 seed unless some of their other games look better at the end of the year. They also don't have a natural home advantage in the regionals (the closest regionals are Greenville and Fort Wayne.) 1 win and no more than 2 other losses would probably still leave them at #1, but obviously that would depend on how much any other teams are able to separate themselves from the pack. And I find it hard to believe there will be more than 7 other teams that will have a better resume.


cthskzfn



Joined: 21 Nov 2004
Posts: 11931
Location: In a world where a dbag like Trump isn't potus.


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/23/19 7:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Last year, the NC was Notre Dame's to lose, and they did.

This year, it's Oregon's.



_________________
Silly, stupid white people might be waking up.
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin