RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

2019 -20 NCAAW fantasy game
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27, 28  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pureformofthegame

PostPosted: 01/29/20 8:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

01-30:G, Anastasia Hayes, MTSU: v. UTEP- CUSA
01-30:G, Rachel Childress, UAB: v. UTSA- Cusa
02-01:C, Nancy Mulkey, Rice: v. North Texas - CUSA
02-01:F, Ruthie Hebard, Oregon: v. Colorado.- P12
01-30:F, Ellie Harmeyer, Belmont: v. Tennessee Tech. - OVC
02-01:U, Antoinette Lewis, South Alabama.: v. Troy - ACC
01-30:U, Jordan Brock, Tennessee Tech v.Belmont- Sunbelt
02-01:U, Whitney Creech, Western Kentucky: v. FIU- CUSA

**Not Sure if Nancy Mulkey will be ready to go on Saturday. If not, I will be replacing her with Elissa Cunane, who plays on Sunday. I will update to reflect this if need be.

hoopmom

PostPosted: 01/29/20 1:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sorry late again

2-1: C, Brittany Brewer, Texas Tech vs Oklahoma State (Big 12)
1-30: F, Taiye Bello, Minnesota vs Illinois (Big 10)
2-1 F, Peyton Williams, Kansas ST vs. TCU (Big 12)
1-30: G, Sabrina Ionescu, Oregon vs. Utah (PAC 12)
1-30: G, Renia Davis, TN vs Vanderbelt (SEC)
1-31: U, Kayla Padillo, Penn vs Harvard (Ivy)
2-1: U, Chanette Hicks, Norfolk St vs North Carolina A&T (MEAC)
2-1: U, Carrie Shephard, SE MO St vs Eastern Kentucky (OVC)

Alternate
2-2 U, Amber Ramirez, Arkansas vs. Missouri (SEC)

Coyotes

PostPosted: 01/29/20 2:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Coyotes wrote:
Alrighty, I didn't like this past week. Let's try again shall we?

Your Rider girl with almost a triple double (just needed one more TO)
Twisted Evil

Well. That’s interesting. I had intended to have her play against Manhattan as outlined in my post, but it looks like I didn’t update the date from 1/28. While I’m happy to honor this near triple double, I wonder if she can actually pull off a triple double this week. I’d be lying if I said I didn’t prefer the Manhattan game at this point—so someone impartial should tell me what’s fair.

myrtle

PostPosted: 01/29/20 8:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hmm, I'd like to hear your opponent - bearman - give his opinion. And anyone else who wants to chime in. I'm inclined to leave it as is but don't want to be unfair...I'm trusting you didn't do it on purpose, but it could be a way to game the system, so I hate to open that door.

Not sure what's fair at this point since we haven't seen exactly this problem before. To be clear: In the past I've played players on different days than the date given based on the name of the team - but it's always been that the player didn't actually have a game on the date listed.

Anybody have thoughts?

- Amanda Gorman
calbearman76

PostPosted: 01/30/20 12:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
hmm, I'd like to hear your opponent - bearman - give his opinion. And anyone else who wants to chime in. I'm inclined to leave it as is but don't want to be unfair...I'm trusting you didn't do it on purpose, but it could be a way to game the system, so I hate to open that door.

Not sure what's fair at this point since we haven't seen exactly this problem before. To be clear: In the past I've played players on different days than the date given based on the name of the team - but it's always been that the player didn't actually have a game on the date listed.

Anybody have thoughts?

I will go with the decision of the group, but my feeling is that the date was stated and she did play. Obviously any situation where the team listed and the date creates a question, but adjusting it after a game has been played seems wrong. I hope in the end I whip his butt sufficiently that this doesn't affect the outcome, but I think that the game yesterday should count.

calbearman76

PostPosted: 01/30/20 12:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

One more thought on the whole lineup issue. I believe that if we have this game again next year we should have more clarity on the entire lineup issue. I know I was burned two weeks ago with some really bad decisions on my part on which game I played my players, but I have found the lineup creation one of the most interesting (and fun) parts of the game. We need to have clear defaults for lineups that are put in incorrectly or not put in at all. Those rules should be made in a way that creates as little additional work for the administrators.

tbinta

PostPosted: 01/30/20 8:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:

Anybody have thoughts?

I don’t know about this

...folks need check and double check during prep time... and most important this could become disaster for those running the game if folks get to change lineups after deadlines

PostPosted: 01/30/20 10:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rather ironic, but I notice that I listed Michaela Onyenwere as playing tonight (1/30) against Arizona instead of tomorrow (1/31). Fortunately (or maybe not) she didn't have a game tonight.

Coyotes

PostPosted: 01/31/20 8:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thank you all for your feedback.

I think from my perspective it is obviously frustrating on several levels. I have a tendency to format my lineup based on the team that the individual is playing rather than focusing in the date, and I can freely admit that errors can be made using this methodology especially when you're throwing a lineup together late at night. I think in this instance, I *may* have started off with my star playing against Fairfield, and then decided that I was more comfortable playing her against Manhattan. I clearly simply forgot to change the date. I regret that error, but I think the intention still signifies who I wanted Stella to play against.

It's certainly challenging, because if she didn't have a game on 1/28, the Manhattan game would have been the one that would have been used, much like we all recognize that Oyenwere clearly doesn't have a game on 1/30 but plays on 1/31 against Arizona. It is tough that one date error counts, whereas the other does not, and it ultimately comes down to whether that player had a game or not. I would be curious to hear about whether others focus on the date or simply focus on the opponent. I would suspect that date errors are more common than errors of opponents.

I would agree with Myrtle and others that this would be a loophole that can be exploited in the future, and my suggestion would be the following for the set in stone rules:

1. The game that shall be counted is the game against the opponent listed regardless of the date that is posted on the game. If the team plays the same opponent twice in one week, and the date is incorrect the first game played shall be utilized. (Hello, Pac-12).

2. If a lineup is not submitted by Tuesday, 11:59pm EST, the managers shall begin playing the first available players for the team from that day onward. If a player has multiple positions, they will be played in order from Tall Forward, Guard, Forward, to Utility until the playable positions have been filled.

3. Alternates: If a player fails to utilize an alternate or announce an alternate before the close of play, the manager will utilize the first playable player from the beginning of the week regardless of opponent. This may create more work; however, it limits ambiguity or a manager electing random players on a Sunday to fill in gaps when needed.

4. Coyote shall always lose if the game is drawn 5-5.

5. Coyote owes Cal a drink in Vegas before he starts chatting with officials to help his team out.

I guess those would be my starting points. Myrtle, I don't mean to step on your toes, but I welcome any thoughts or suggestions.

Coyotes

PostPosted: 02/01/20 10:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Upon reflection, I want to make it clear that I’m good with Stella’s game remaining the same this week, and I’ll be interested to see if it impacts the result at all.

I would just hope we can adopt the rules I outlined moving forward to reduce the ambiguity and I’m open to feedback on that.

Again, I’m sorry to express my frustration in an unhelpful manner over a mistake that I made, and I hope that we can all move on and enjoy these last few weeks of kicking each others butts.

myrtle

PostPosted: 02/01/20 2:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thanks again for filling in. One thing to notice is that there are two A. Hayes playing for Pure's MTSU team so you have to go to their website to figure out which one is being played.

I'm more or less in agreement with most of what you propose...especially #4!
Laughing

As for #1: For me, as the primary stat person, it's much easier to go with the date rather than the team being played. I don't want to have to take the extra step of going back and forth to make sure the date and team played match. I actually added the request to put in the team being played in order to find the game, but only IF it wasn't played on the date given.

I like the idea of #2 but I think I would make it Wednesday 11:59 pm since a lot of the games start on Thursday. It's WAY easier if fantasizers put in their own lineup so giving an extra day is easier than trying to figure it out for them. It is one of the disadvantages of this game as opposed to the old version.

#3 is good and I will start using it as is...in fact I just input Horston's game for Adam.

Thanks again.

- Amanda Gorman
Matt5762

PostPosted: 02/01/20 4:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Not to be outdone, Kelly comes up with the triple-double today: 10 pts, 12 asts, 10 tos (so close to the quad with 8 reb as well!).

Do you want her back myrtle? Laughing

myrtle

PostPosted: 02/01/20 6:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Matt5762 wrote:
Not to be outdone, Kelly comes up with the triple-double today: 10 pts, 12 asts, 10 tos (so close to the quad with 8 reb as well!).

Do you want her back myrtle? Laughing

no. even though she's really good in some places, the other ones are just killers. In this game you can choose one or two categories and just not care about them, but it's really hard for me to get that mindset.

- Amanda Gorman
myrtle

PostPosted: 02/01/20 7:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'd like to trade 10 assists for 2 steals. Do I have any takers?

- Amanda Gorman
calbearman76

PostPosted: 02/02/20 3:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:

Can I choose the week?

A small problem for me as I noticed that Kenysha Coulson only played 3 minutes tonight. It appears she did not start and played only briefly in the first and second quarters. I have her playing Monday, but I don't know whether this was injury, sickness, issue with the coach or something else. Hopefully she will either play a full game Monday or that she doesn't play at all and Madison Seagrist has a big game tomorrow.

myrtle

PostPosted: 02/02/20 12:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

calbearman76 wrote:
myrtle wrote:

Can I choose the week?

A small problem for me as I noticed that Kenysha Coulson only played 3 minutes tonight. It appears she did not start and played only briefly in the first and second quarters. I have her playing Monday, but I don't know whether this was injury, sickness, issue with the coach or something else. Hopefully she will either play a full game Monday or that she doesn't play at all and Madison Seagrist has a big game tomorrow.

yeah, I have a similar situation with my FGCU player. It's part of the craziness of this particular game.

- Amanda Gorman
calbearman76

PostPosted: 02/02/20 3:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
calbearman76 wrote:
myrtle wrote:

Can I choose the week?

yeah, I have a similar situation with my FGCU player. It's part of the craziness of this particular game.

Seagrist shot 1-13 from 3 today so I hope Coulson plays tomorrow.

myrtle

PostPosted: 02/02/20 5:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ironically Kelly Campbell's triple double today didn't help us anywhere we needed help...but her lack of TOs and 4 steals did help even though her first missed FT of the year lost that category for us. Still, Pure's players shot so well, it's kind of miraculous we won two categories there.

- Amanda Gorman
myrtle

PostPosted: 02/02/20 7:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Coyote, you had a really rough week. Too bad you didn't save that one for when you play us. Wink I don't think the S.Johnson game either way would have made a significant difference though there are still a few categories in question until bearman's players play tomorrow.

- Amanda Gorman
calbearman76

PostPosted: 02/02/20 8:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Coyote, you had a really rough week. Too bad you didn't save that one for when you play us. :wink: I don't think the S.Johnson game either way would have made a significant difference though there are still a few categories in question until bearman's players play tomorrow.

I will happily consent to not using my last two players tomorrow as a friendly gesture, and just use the six that have played so far.

myrtle

PostPosted: 02/02/20 11:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

calbearman76 wrote:
myrtle wrote:
Coyote, you had a really rough week. Too bad you didn't save that one for when you play us. Wink I don't think the S.Johnson game either way would have made a significant difference though there are still a few categories in question until bearman's players play tomorrow.

I will happily consent to not using my last two players tomorrow as a friendly gesture, and just use the six that have played so far.

so generous!
somehow I suspect coyote will not take you up on that offer.

- Amanda Gorman
Coyotes

PostPosted: 02/03/20 5:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
calbearman76 wrote:
myrtle wrote:

so generous!
somehow I suspect coyote will not take you up on that offer.

Yeowch. King of the Hill, no more. It was fun while it lasted, but did EVERYONE just forget how to put a ball in a bucket this week? It's hilarious that the only player who really showed up was Miss Hogdson, and everyone else just went on vacation, or something.

Pivec is really struggling, and it's starting to grate on me.

In any case, for a victory tonight, I need Cal to score 3 points on 1-10 shooting, while also going 0-2 from the line, and over 11 turnovers between two players. If he can manage to somehow erase 2 rebounds while he's at it, that would be fabulous. It would be one of the greatest escapes of all time if it occurs.

Matt5762

PostPosted: 02/03/20 6:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Week 12

2/5: G, Micaela Kelly, Central Michigan (vs Northern Illinois) - MAC
2/5: F, Natasha Mack, Oklahoma State (at Iowa State) - BXII
2/5: C, Ayoka Lee, Kansas State (vs Texas Tech) - BXII
2/8: F, Courtney Woods, Northern Illinois (at Bowling Green) - MAC
2/8: G, Valerie Higgins, Pacific (vs Portland) - WCC
2/9: U, Chanelle Molina, Washington State (vs Utah) - PAC12
2/9: U, Becca Hittner, Drake (vs Missouri State) - MVC
2/9: U, Shadeen Samuels, Seton Hall (vs DePaul) - BEAST

ALT#1 (for any) - 2/8: F, Denia Davis-Stewart, Merrimack (at LIU) - NEC
ALT#2 (for any) - 2/8: G, Erica Johnson, Ohio U (vs Kent State) - MAC

tbinta

PostPosted: 02/04/20 2:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WEEK 12 - Feb 4 to Feb 10

2-08: G,ERICA OGWUMIKE,RICE,CUSA (MTSU,CUSA)
2-09: G,CHELSEA DUNGEE,ARK,SEC (UK,SEC)
2-09: F,AE’RIANNA HARRIS,PUR,B10 (IOWA,B10)
2-05: F,MIA DAVIS,TEMP,AAC (WSU,AAC)
2-07: C,ELEAH PARKER,PENN,IVY (COLU,IVY)
2-09: U,UNIQUE THOMPSON,AUB,SEC ( @ALA,SEC)
2-08: U,CECE HOOKS,OHIO,MAC (KENT,MAC)
2-08: U,HAILEY LEIDEL,UMASS (FORD,A10)

ALTS/SUBS:

2-09: G,KIANA WILLIAMS,STAN,P12 (USC,P12) (for G or U)
2-05: F,KENDRIAN ELLIOTT,TULS,AAC (UCF,AAC) (for F or U)

PostPosted: 02/04/20 9:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Week 12

2-9: C, Brittany Brewer, Texas Tech vs Texas (Big 12)
2-5: F, Taiye Bello, Minnesota vs Wisconsin (Big 10)
2-5: F, Peyton Williams, Kansas ST vs. Texas Tech (Big 12)
2-7: G, Sabrina Ionescu, Oregon vs. Arizona (PAC 12)
2-6: G, Renia Davis, TN vs Mississippi ST (SEC)
2-7: U, Borislava Histova, Washington ST vs Colorado (Pac 12)
2-7: U, Kayla Padillo, Penn vs Columbia (Ivy)
2-6: U, Carrie Shephard, SE MO St vs Jacksonville ST (OVC)

Alternate
2-9 U, Amber Ramirez, Arkansas vs. Kentucky (SEC)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27, 28  Next
Page 26 of 28

Jump to: