RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

Washington Mystics 2020
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 54724



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/10/20 4:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jewelsongs wrote:
My Lil Mopey is a champion again. We miss her on the Sparks.


Not anymore...



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
mavcarter
#NATC


Joined: 02 Sep 2010
Posts: 5407
Location: Chicago


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/10/20 6:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kristi Toliver said her decision to leave the Mystics and sign with the Sparks was purely business

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2020/02/10/kristi-toliver-leaving-mystics-sparks/

Quote:
“We were offering basically the same contract that she was offered somewhere else. The difference ended up being in the last year on the contract, the third year,” Thibault said.



_________________
wrote:
Or maybe said poster should quit being a nuisance when people don’t agree?
Randy



Joined: 08 Oct 2011
Posts: 10310



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/10/20 7:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:
Kristi Toliver said her decision to leave the Mystics and sign with the Sparks was purely business

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2020/02/10/kristi-toliver-leaving-mystics-sparks/

Quote:
“We were offering basically the same contract that she was offered somewhere else. The difference ended up being in the last year on the contract, the third year,” Thibault said.


If they were offering the same deal as the Sparks that was 185k - less than the max they could have paid under the CBA, The last could have been Mystics wanted a team option instead of guaranteed.



_________________
#NADF
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 54724



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/10/20 8:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
mavcarter wrote:
Kristi Toliver said her decision to leave the Mystics and sign with the Sparks was purely business

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2020/02/10/kristi-toliver-leaving-mystics-sparks/

Quote:
“We were offering basically the same contract that she was offered somewhere else. The difference ended up being in the last year on the contract, the third year,” Thibault said.


If they were offering the same deal as the Sparks that was 185k - less than the max they could have paid under the CBA, The last could have been Mystics wanted a team option instead of guaranteed.


He wanted to budget money for his younger promising players, like Atkins and Powers.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Richyyy



Joined: 17 Nov 2005
Posts: 22352
Location: London


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/10/20 9:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So not as extreme as the situation I suggested in the other thread, but the same general idea - she got a better offer than Washington were willing to cough up. For a player who's already 33, and with the players Washington have to pay in future years - and how well they continued to play even when Toliver was hurt last season - I can kinda understand how things played out.

Toler isn't around to do it any more, but LA are exactly the kind of franchise who'll throw out contracts other teams might not risk, assuming they can just work things out later on and it'll be fine. We'll see whether that works out under the new parameters.



_________________
Independent WNBA coverage: http://www.wnbalien.com/
ClayK



Joined: 11 Oct 2005
Posts: 10514



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/11/20 10:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

In a way, this speaks to the maturity of the league. It's professional basketball, and both parties made professional decisions ...



_________________
Oṃ Tāre Tuttāre Ture Svāhā
greg5222



Joined: 03 May 2006
Posts: 611



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/11/20 11:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

AP and Cloud did just fine after KT's injury. Kiara Leslie will get to show what she can bring. MT 's got something up his sleeves in free agency and the upcoming draft. SWK is still in the mix. MT has said Emma and EDD will be back so sit back, relax and enjoy. Will miss KT and wish her well until she plays the Mystics.

PEACE & LOVE GO MYSTICS!!!!!

PS Thanks for the memories KT!!!



_________________
"There will never be any PEACE until GOD is seated at the conference table." The Chi-Lites
toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 22071



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/11/20 12:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Does Delle Donne now start at SF? Or does Meesseman still come off the bench?

PG: Cloud/#12 pick
SG: Atkins/Walker-Kimbrough/Leslie
SF: Delle Donne/Powers
PF: Meesseman/Hines-Allen
C: Sanders/Hawkins

OR

PG: Cloud/#12 pick
SG: Atkins/Walker-Kimbrough
SF: Powers/Leslie
PF: Delle Donne/Meesseman/Hines-Allen
C: Sanders/Hawkins



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Aladyyn



Joined: 23 Jul 2017
Posts: 1530
Location: Czech Republic


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/11/20 12:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Does Delle Donne now start at SF? Or does Meesseman still come off the bench?

PG: Cloud/#12 pick
SG: Atkins/Walker-Kimbrough/Leslie
SF: Delle Donne/Powers
PF: Meesseman/Hines-Allen
C: Sanders/Hawkins

OR

PG: Cloud/#12 pick
SG: Atkins/Walker-Kimbrough
SF: Powers/Leslie
PF: Delle Donne/Meesseman/Hines-Allen
C: Sanders/Hawkins

Too early to say. If our signing is Mitchell she'll probably start. If it's for example DRob, she's coming off the bench. And in the end Thibault will go with what works the best on the floor.


Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 54724



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/11/20 12:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Personally I’d start both in the post together, but whatever works. They probably don’t want to stray too far from the successful formula last year.

Luckily, Meesseman seems like a low ego player even after all her success. If they want her to come off the bench, she can come off the bench. Low ego key players are what wins team championships (and Finals MVP). It is not like Meesseman would get low minutes coming off the bench. She can play either post position or even a bit of the three. There will always be plenty of minutes for her.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
greg5222



Joined: 03 May 2006
Posts: 611



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/11/20 4:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

EDD has been re-signed.

https://www.wnba.com/news/mystics-re-sign-reigning-mvp-elena-delle-donne/

PEACE & LOVE GO MYSTICS!!!!!



_________________
"There will never be any PEACE until GOD is seated at the conference table." The Chi-Lites
SportsGuru



Joined: 20 May 2005
Posts: 4532



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/11/20 10:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

greg5222 wrote:
EDD has been re-signed.

https://www.wnba.com/news/mystics-re-sign-reigning-mvp-elena-delle-donne/

PEACE & LOVE GO MYSTICS!!!!!


I wonder what took Elena so long, it wasn't like she was going to leave her nice digs in Annapolis MD not far from Delaware. Just Joking LOL LOL.

By the way, I was at the Wiz/Bulls game at Cap One Arena and saw Kristi in her normal seat behind the bench.


SportsGuru



Joined: 20 May 2005
Posts: 4532



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/11/20 11:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2020/02/11/elena-delle-donne-signs-four-year-deal-stay-with-mystics

4 year contract for Elena


readyAIMfire53



Joined: 20 Nov 2004
Posts: 5734
Location: Durham, NC


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/11/20 11:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SportsGuru wrote:
greg5222 wrote:
EDD has been re-signed.

https://www.wnba.com/news/mystics-re-sign-reigning-mvp-elena-delle-donne/

PEACE & LOVE GO MYSTICS!!!!!


I wonder what took Elena so long, it wasn't like she was going to leave her nice digs in Annapolis MD not far from Delaware. Just Joking LOL LOL.

By the way, I was at the Wiz/Bulls game at Cap One Arena and saw Kristi in her normal seat behind the bench.


Maybe because she has a job with the Wizards? Just a wild guess...got any more brilliant insights?



_________________
Follow your passion and your life will be true down to your core.

~rAf
SportsGuru



Joined: 20 May 2005
Posts: 4532



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/11/20 11:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Some people are better to ignore. By the way, you'll find yourself right at home with the Atlanta Dream.


HomerCecil



Joined: 30 Nov 2005
Posts: 1011



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/13/20 12:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Leilani Mitchell signing official.

https://mystics.wnba.com/news/leilani-mitchell-returns-to-mystics/


greg5222



Joined: 03 May 2006
Posts: 611



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/13/20 12:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

HomerCecil wrote:
Leilani Mitchell signing official.

https://mystics.wnba.com/news/leilani-mitchell-returns-to-mystics/


She shot lights out last season so I'm hoping she's still got it . Welcome back Leilani!!

PEACE & LOVE GO MYSTICS!!!!!



_________________
"There will never be any PEACE until GOD is seated at the conference table." The Chi-Lites


Last edited by greg5222 on 02/18/20 9:35 am; edited 1 time in total
SportsGuru



Joined: 20 May 2005
Posts: 4532



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/13/20 12:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Welcome Back Leilani !!!


Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 54724



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/13/20 12:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I bet it’s at most a two year deal, because that’s what he wanted from Toliver. They have to start paying Cloud in 2021 and Atkins in 2022.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
myrtle



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 26737



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/13/20 12:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

love FLB! She is a great addition to this team and by all accounts a really good teammate.



_________________
“Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.”
― Maya Angelou
SportsGuru



Joined: 20 May 2005
Posts: 4532



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/13/20 1:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://www.bulletsforever.com/mystics/2020/2/11/21133109/washington-mystics-emma-meesseman-availability-2020-wnba-season

Emma to miss about 5 games during the 2020 WNBA regular season.


Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 54724



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/13/20 1:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SportsGuru wrote:
https://www.bulletsforever.com/mystics/2020/2/11/21133109/washington-mystics-emma-meesseman-availability-2020-wnba-season

Emma to miss about 5 games during the 2020 WNBA regular season.


That’s for national team practice. Maybe that will be the standard for all European players whose teams are in the Olympics, like Johannes.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
HomerCecil



Joined: 30 Nov 2005
Posts: 1011



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/13/20 1:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
SportsGuru wrote:
https://www.bulletsforever.com/mystics/2020/2/11/21133109/washington-mystics-emma-meesseman-availability-2020-wnba-season

Emma to miss about 5 games during the 2020 WNBA regular season.


That’s for national team practice. Maybe that will be the standard for all European players whose teams are in the Olympics, like Johannes.


This is also not really new news. The original reporting this piece is referencing is from the WaPo piece linked earlier in this thread.


SportsGuru



Joined: 20 May 2005
Posts: 4532



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/17/20 4:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Emma re-signs 1 year contract with the Mystics, I'm guessing Emma sign for the 215K max.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2020/02/17/emma-meesseman-signs-one-year-deal-with-mystics/


Rock Hard



Joined: 02 Aug 2010
Posts: 3757
Location: Chocolate Paradise


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/17/20 4:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SportsGuru wrote:
Emma re-signs 1 year contract with the Mystics, I'm guessing Emma sign for the 215K max.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2020/02/17/emma-meesseman-signs-one-year-deal-with-mystics/

Just ONE year? Cool



_________________
Sky Nation! We are in this together!
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 4 of 15

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin