Board Junkies Forums

Washington Mystics 2020
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SportsGuru

PostPosted: 02/17/20 6:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
SportsGuru wrote:
Emma re-signs 1 year contract with the Mystics, I'm guessing Emma sign for the 215K max.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2020/02/17/emma-meesseman-signs-one-year-deal-with-mystics/

Just ONE year? Cool

I'm guessing it could be Emma signing for 1 year is to help the Mystics 2021 salary cap if she decides not to play the 2021 WNBA season.

PUmatty

PostPosted: 02/17/20 8:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SportsGuru wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:
SportsGuru wrote:
Emma re-signs 1 year contract with the Mystics, I'm guessing Emma sign for the 215K max.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2020/02/17/emma-meesseman-signs-one-year-deal-with-mystics/

Just ONE year? Cool

I'm guessing it could be Emma signing for 1 year is to help the Mystics 2021 salary cap if she decides not to play the 2021 WNBA season.

Or, more likely, she wants to see how things go without Toliver and leave her options open to go to a team where the league MVP doesn't play the same position.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 02/18/20 3:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
SportsGuru wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:
SportsGuru wrote:

Just ONE year? Cool

Or, more likely, she wants to see how things go without Toliver and leave her options open to go to a team where the league MVP doesn't play the same position.

I dont think Emma cares about that much. With UMMC she is going to play with another MVP that plays the same position.
I could see her getting some rest next season. So if she is not going to play the full season then i see why they sign her 1 year max now and then see for next season.

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
toad455

PostPosted: 02/27/20 7:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
Former Duke star Rebecca Greenwell aims for 2020 WNBA debut, from High Post Hoops.

Quote:
...after Greenwell decided to have her sixth knee surgery last fall, she declined an offer from Mystics head coach Mike Thibault to renounce her rights and allow her to sign with another team. “You’re the number one team I’d love to play for,” she told him.

Welp, there goes that chance. Mystics waived Greenwell today.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Stormeo

PostPosted: 02/27/20 7:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Stormeo wrote:
Former Duke star Rebecca Greenwell aims for 2020 WNBA debut, from High Post Hoops.

Quote:
...after Greenwell decided to have her sixth knee surgery last fall, she declined an offer from Mystics head coach Mike Thibault to renounce her rights and allow her to sign with another team. “You’re the number one team I’d love to play for,” she told him.

Welp, there goes that chance. Mystics waived Greenwell today.

Greenwell: Keep my rights. You’re the number one team I’d love to play for. Smile

Thibault: https://vlipsy.com/vlip/kccWcrYE

SportsGuru

PostPosted: 02/27/20 11:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I guess Rebecca Greenwell's $57,000 for 2020 and $58,700 for 2021 can now be taken off the Mystics Salary Cap analysis.

https://highposthoops.com/2020/01/27/2020-wnba-free-agency-team-team-cap-breakdown-salaries-signings-analysis/13/

Shades

PostPosted: 03/09/20 7:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2020/03/09/trump-foreign-profits/

Quote:
Another case, brought by the attorneys general of Washington, D.C., and Maryland, centers solely on Trump’s D.C. hotel. The Trump Organization is trying to sell the lease to that hotel, which the plaintiffs say would end that case so long as the buyer isn’t a state or foreign government. The company set a Jan. 23 deadline for initial bids.
It is unclear how many companies are pursuing the lease, which Trump signed with the federal government before his election. One bidder is Virginia business executive Sheila Johnson, owner of luxury resorts and part-owner of the Washington Mystics WNBA team.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
pilight

PostPosted: 04/15/20 10:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Liberty trade Charles to Mystics in 3-team deal

https://apnews.com/ef67f91a355513a7411907260a2d37ae

Quote:
New York will receive the 12th pick in the WNBA draft from Washington as well as the ninth and 15th picks from Dallas, the person said, speaking to the AP on condition of anonymity Wednesday because the deal hadn’t been announced. The Liberty also will receive Tayler Hill from the Wings and Shatori Walker-Kimbrough from the Mystics. Dallas gets Washington’s first-round pick in 2021 and New York’s second-round pick in 2021.

PostPosted: 04/15/20 10:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't like the fit I'm sorry Confused

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 04/15/20 10:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aladyyn wrote:
I don't like the fit I'm sorry Confused

At all , I guess Tina settled for DC the next closest east coast team that she has not played for. Was it that serious to get out of NY ? EDD , Messeman and Charles ehhhh to much finesse.

PostPosted: 04/15/20 10:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I knew the trade was going to happen, Mo Currie called the Mystics trade for Tina Charles awhile ago. I like the trade. Tina, Welcome To DC.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2020/04/15/mystics-trade-for-tina-charles

Last edited by SportsGuru on 04/15/20 11:02 am; edited 1 time in total
bluedevilaztecfan5

PostPosted: 04/15/20 10:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SportsGuru wrote:
I knew the trade was going to happen, Mo Currie called the Mystics trade for Tina Charles awhile ago. I like the trade

Congrats! I think you’re getting a heck of a player, and didn’t give much value up.

SportsGuru

PostPosted: 04/15/20 11:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bluedevilaztecfan5 wrote:
SportsGuru wrote:
I knew the trade was going to happen, Mo Currie called the Mystics trade for Tina Charles awhile ago. I like the trade

Congrats! I think you’re getting a heck of a player, and didn’t give much value up.

It's a great trade by Thibault especially with Emma signing for 1 year not knowing her WNBA future afterwards. I believe Shatori will be a RFA after this season, Kiara will be getting Shatori's minutes and the draft picks the Mystics gave up would've been bench players if they made the team.

Scratching my head on why Greg Bibb got involve in the deal but if his involvement help the deal go I want to thank Greg Bibb again Very Happy

cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 04/15/20 11:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Potent Mystics front line.

PostPosted: 04/15/20 11:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Doe Charles or Meesseman come off the bench or does EDD slide over to SF? Mystics can only carry 11 now.

PUmatty

PostPosted: 04/15/20 11:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If you are the Mystics, you are thrilled to get a player like Charles while giving away basically nothing.

But, I do have to wonder how a team works when their three best players (by far) all play the same position.

Aladyyn

PostPosted: 04/15/20 11:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Doe Charles or Meesseman come off the bench or does EDD slide over to SF? Mystics can only carry 11 now.

Charles off the bench would be my preferred option. Sanders is needed in the starting lineup for defensive purposes and we should try to have 4 shooting threats on the floor as often as possible.

SportsGuru

PostPosted: 04/15/20 11:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aladyyn wrote:
toad455 wrote:

Charles off the bench would be my preferred option. Sanders is needed in the starting lineup for defensive purposes and we should try to have 4 shooting threats on the floor as often as possible.

Mike Thibault uses a flexible line-up. I believe Tina and Elena's name will be pencil into the Mystics starting line-up, LaToya likely will be in the Mystics starting line-up and Emma will continue coming off the bench for the year she's signed to play. Remember, the Mystics play a lot of 3 Guard line-ups too during games.

Last edited by SportsGuru on 04/15/20 12:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Shades

PostPosted: 04/15/20 11:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

My math says says the Mystics can only afford to pay Charles $186,600 and, even at that price, can only roster 11 players. I wonder if another trade of a higher buck player is in the works, Sanders (at $117,000) being the most obvious candidate.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Aladyyn

PostPosted: 04/15/20 12:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
My math says says the Mystics can only afford to pay Charles $186,600 and, even at that price, can only roster 11 players. I wonder if another trade of a higher buck player is in the works, Sanders (at $117,000) being the most obvious candidate.

Charles signed for 175k

Richyyy

PostPosted: 04/15/20 12:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Charles signed for 175k. Wouldn't have worked at the 215k without other deals.

PostPosted: 04/15/20 12:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tina for Shatori WOW!

PEACE & LOVE GO MYSTICS!!!!!

PostPosted: 04/15/20 12:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

The Mystics won the 2019 WNBA Championship with 11 active players on the roster, Kiara Leslie was out the entire season after knee surgery before the start of the 2019 season. I can't see why the Mystics can't go with a 11 player roster in 2020 if there's a season. The leading candidate to be traded or waive is Myishia Hines-Allen who has a 57K cap number for 2020. Shatori's 60K + Myishia's 57K + Mystics' 125K cap reserve will put the team at 242K enough to cover Tina's 215K

https://www.spotrac.com/wnba/washington-mystics/cap

toad455

PostPosted: 04/15/20 1:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PG: Cloud/Mitchell
SG: Atkins/Leslie or Kang
SF: Delle Donne/Powers
PF: Charles/Meesseman/Hines-Allen
C: Sanders /Hawkins

Michelle89

PostPosted: 04/15/20 3:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Get a star player and hardly lose anyone of value. Sounds like a pretty good deal to me. Mike T will find a way to find minutes for all of them.

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 5 of 15

Jump to: