28%  [ 12 ]
Mystics
71%
 71%  [ 30 ]
Total Votes : 42

pilight

PostPosted: 10/14/19 4:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
Did Seattle get a feature on GMA last year?

No, and they were widely criticized for it (especially by Gwen Loyd, mother of Jewell)

PostPosted: 10/15/19 10:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Elena throwing out the 1st Pitch tonight at the Washington Nationals MLB NL Championship Game sometime between 7:30 and 8:00 PM EDT. Game will be shown on the TBS Network

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2019/10/14/mystics-elena-delle-donne-will-throw-first-pitch-before-game-nlcs

toad455

PostPosted: 10/15/19 10:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I remember the Storm & Lynx getting this kind of publicity with their male sports teams in the area. I don't remember the Sparks getting this kind of attention after they won in 2016.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
greg5222

PostPosted: 10/15/19 7:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SportsGuru wrote:
Elena throwing out the 1st Pitch tonight at the Washington Nationals MLB NL Championship Game sometime between 7:30 and 8:00 PM EDT. Game will be shown on the TBS Network

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2019/10/14/mystics-elena-delle-donne-will-throw-first-pitch-before-game-nlcs

Elena got the Nationals off to a good start.

PEACE & LOVE GO MYSTICS!!!!!

PostPosted: 10/16/19 12:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm real late but congrats to all Mystics fans.
But special congrats to you long timers Very Happy Sticking with your team through the bad, the ugly, all the ish you go through to support your team and the W in general and the good of the ultimate prize of seeing your team win a Championship. ENJOY! Nothing like the joy of that 1st Title. Mr. Green

PostPosted: 10/16/19 7:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/DarrenMHaynes/status/1184260046349328384?s=20
https://twitter.com/WashMystics/status/1184310537296973826?s=20

EDD says wife Amanda told her she "had to" throw it from the mound. And she did!

SportsGuru

PostPosted: 10/16/19 7:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Elena throwing out 1st pitch before Nats Game 4 NLCS

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington

SportsGuru

PostPosted: 10/16/19 7:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

MNfan22 wrote:
But special congrats to you long timers Very Happy Sticking with your team through the bad, the ugly, all the ish you go through to support your team and the W in general and the good of the ultimate prize of seeing your team win a Championship. ENJOY! Nothing like the joy of that 1st Title. Mr. Green

Thank You, It's Well Appreciated.

readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 10/16/19 12:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

MNfan22 wrote:

Though I'm not a charter fan of the Mystics - as are the BasketCases and others - I was all in with the Mystics when my more local team, the Charlotte Sting, selected Kelly Miller over the injured Tamika Catchings in the draft. I was one of the outspoken critics of management during the horrific Trudi years and the abominable behavior of The Sheila during this time. I accept your congratulations.

Good things began to happen when management finally chose a decent coach for this team. Unfortunately, poor management completely destroyed the once proud fanbase and short sided in constructing a new facility with extremely limited seating for these Champions. The absolute minimum seating for every WNBA permanent stadiums should be 7,000. That's bare minimum. This 4,500 seat stadium is a joke and offense to women's sports.

~rAf
SportsGuru

PostPosted: 10/16/19 8:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Elena drops the 1st puck before the Caps Maple Leaf's Hockey Game

https://twitter.com/i/status/1184608710557126657

Aerial Powers shows off the WNBA Championship Trophy while riding the Zamboni Ice Machine during intermission of the Caps Maple Leaf's Game

https://twitter.com/i/status/1184621886136819712

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 10/16/19 9:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't know where would be a better place to put this, but after listening to a whole bunch of rebkellians whine about Ryan Ruocco and Rebecca Lobo during the playoffs, I am currently listening to Ruocco and Doris Burke call this Hawks/Knicks game, and they're really good. I still don't know what y'all thought the problem was but, if there was a problem, it must have been chemistry-related, because the problem doesn't appear to be Ruocco.

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
Howee

PostPosted: 10/16/19 10:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SportsGuru wrote:
Elena drops the 1st puck before the Caps Maple Leaf's Hockey Game

https://twitter.com/i/status/1184608710557126657

Aerial Powers shows off the WNBA Championship Trophy while riding the Zamboni Ice Machine during intermission of the Caps Maple Leaf's Game

https://twitter.com/i/status/1184621886136819712

....and now the Nationals are going to the Big Stage. DC is on a roll. IF they win it all, let's hope for a trifecta: Impeachment! Razz

PostPosted: 10/17/19 9:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
I don't know where would be a better place to put this, but after listening to a whole bunch of rebkellians whine about Ryan Ruocco and Rebecca Lobo during the playoffs, I am currently listening to Ruocco and Doris Burke call this Hawks/Knicks game, and they're really good. I still don't know what y'all thought the problem was but, if there was a problem, it must have been chemistry-related, because the problem doesn't appear to be Ruocco.

I think it's just because we hear them so much that we tend to see more negatives than positives.

And of course they're trying to communicate with more casual fans rather than diehards like us. What we need is a RebKell broadcast team, unfiltered. Let's have Shades and pilight with myrtle as sideline reporter.

PostPosted: 10/17/19 9:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:

I think it's just because we hear them so much that we tend to see more negatives than positives.

And of course they're trying to communicate with more casual fans rather than diehards like us. What we need is a RebKell broadcast team, unfiltered. Let's have Shades and pilight with myrtle as sideline reporter.

PLEASE! If Myrtle is 'sideline reporter', may I PLEASE be in charge of her hair, makeup and costuming?? I got this!

PostPosted: 10/18/19 6:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ripleydc wrote:
greg5222 wrote:
ripleydc wrote:
toad455 wrote:
ripleydc wrote:
Mystics Coach T and ?? will be interviewed tomorrow (Monday) on Good Morning America (ABC) probably between 8:20 and 8:45 AM.

I'd assume the ?? is Delle Donne as she's not heading overseas to play.

I would assume the same, but I don’t know with certainty.

Was that you who got a mention in a Wash. Post article last week?

It was the other BasketCase. 😀

I really miss the Basketcases blog. Any chance of you reviving it?

PostPosted: 10/18/19 5:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

wnbafan wrote:

That’s very flattering, thank you, but I’m afraid we have no plans to come out of retirement. Very Happy

greg5222

PostPosted: 10/21/19 3:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CourtsideTix wrote:
wnbafan wrote:

That’s very flattering, thank you, but I’m afraid we have no plans to come out of retirement. Very Happy

At least do the Terps. Brenda got a squad. Otherwise Happy retirement!!

PostPosted: 10/27/19 10:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Isn't it time to un-sticky this thread? Laughing

I do want to offer my congratulations to Mike Thibault on his first WNBA championship, as well as the team. The latter is harder, only because I am a Sky fan, but the Mystics were clearly the best team.

Cloud's guarantee took me back to 1969 when Joe Namath guaranteed that the New York Jets would win Super Bowl III over my hometown Baltimore Colts...and made good on it.

BTW, the Indianapolis Colts is not my team. Neither is the Baltimore Ravens. And definitely not the Bears! The rivalry was deep when I was a kid--I'm sure some of you understand!

Meesseman definitely deserved the MVP recognition!

So sorry the Sun crashed and burned at the end. I was really pulling for them.

PostPosted: 10/27/19 5:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ChiSky54 wrote:

I'm not ready for the season to be over yet Sad

PostPosted: 10/27/19 7:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
ChiSky54 wrote:

I'm not ready for the season to be over yet Sad

Plus, there are a few calls by the refs that haven't been completely argued yet.

bballgrl

PostPosted: 10/27/19 7:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ChiSky54 wrote:

I do want to offer my congratulations to Mike Thibault on his first WNBA championship, as well as the team. The latter is harder, only because I am a Sky fan, but the Mystics were clearly the best team.

Cloud's guarantee took me back to 1969 when Joe Namath guaranteed that the New York Jets would win Super Bowl III over my hometown Baltimore Colts...and made good on it.

BTW, the Indianapolis Colts is not my team. Neither is the Baltimore Ravens. And definitely not the Bears! The rivalry was deep when I was a kid--I'm sure some of you understand!

I was really pulling for them as well!! Really wanted them to win. Sad

readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 10/30/19 4:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballgrl wrote:
ChiSky54 wrote:

You gave it your whiny all! We had Emma and you didn't.

I was really pulling for them as well!! Really wanted them to win. Sad

You gave it your whiny all!

~rAf
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: