RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Pac-12 2019-2020
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
myrtle

PostPosted: 03/05/20 3:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think I only saw Pili once this year and that was when they played Stanford. In that game she wasn't particularly spectacular. But I see she's put up good numbers. Will have to try to see her in tonight's game.

- Amanda Gorman
myrtle

PostPosted: 03/05/20 10:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ok, watching her in this game, my analysis from this limited amount of viewing: she has good hands and a good nose for the basket. She's the best player on a pretty bad team. She's not a very good defender. She's not in great shape and doesn't make much effort to get down the court very fast. She's undersized for a PF. If I had a choice between her and Taylor Jones, I would take Taylor Jones and it wouldn't even be close. So I can only guess they gave it to her based on her PPG.

- Amanda Gorman
calbearman76

PostPosted: 03/05/20 10:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I was little more impressed with her defense. She could certainly get into better shape, but she could guard inside, blocked out well and was always in the game mentally. But she is limited.

ClayK

PostPosted: 03/06/20 10:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

We saw Pili in high school, and she just torched us. So strong, very skilled, and yes, undersized.

One thing to note about Jones: She has taken 279 shots and has 15 assists -- and 57 turnovers.

PostPosted: 03/08/20 1:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
We saw Pili in high school, and she just torched us. So strong, very skilled, and yes, undersized.

One thing to note about Jones: She has taken 279 shots and has 15 assists -- and 57 turnovers.
She seems committed to going for a shot every time she gets the ball down low even if she is double-teamed. That is why she has so few assist and so many turnovers. She needs to learn to anticipate the double team and kick out the ball before it comes.

PostPosted: 03/19/20 6:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Really wondering what's going to happen with Stanford's roster next year. With three incoming Freshmen we have 14 roster spots filled. But Carrington should be able to get a redshirt, assuming she wants it, and assuming she would take the extra year at Stanford rather than moving elsewhere as a grad; and I think Anna Wilson had previously tried to get an extra year so don't know what happens if they are both eligible.

- Amanda Gorman
calbearman76

PostPosted: 03/19/20 7:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Really wondering what's going to happen with Stanford's roster next year. With three incoming Freshmen we have 14 roster spots filled. But Carrington should be able to get a redshirt, assuming she wants it, and assuming she would take the extra year at Stanford rather than moving elsewhere as a grad; and I think Anna Wilson had previously tried to get an extra year so don't know what happens if they are both eligible.

Look on the bright side. Someone might flunk out :lol:

Seriously though, that is a pretty good problem to have.

osubeavers

PostPosted: 03/19/20 7:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:

Carrington is on the transfer portal.

https://wbbblog.com/womens-basketball-transfers-fall-2019-summer-2020/5/

PostPosted: 03/19/20 8:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

osubeavers wrote:
myrtle wrote:

Carrington is on the transfer portal.

https://wbbblog.com/womens-basketball-transfers-fall-2019-summer-2020/5/

Crying or Very sad was afraid of that. well, we did ok without her this year. we have a lot of pretty good wings, but her athleticism is outstanding.

- Amanda Gorman
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: