RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

Technicals, Flagrants, Flops

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 59824
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/07/19 6:07 pm    ::: Technicals, Flagrants, Flops Reply Reply with quote








_________________
On Christmas Day, the Gingerbread Man said, ‘Ladyfingers, be my wife.’
Randy



Joined: 08 Oct 2011
Posts: 9416



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/07/19 6:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So is 6 the magic number for suspension? If so, I don't recall Hayes having a suspension. Next season?

The flops stats are revealing. It appears to me there is no problem. Only one player committed the sin of flopping. Perhaps Breland, the Lone Flopper, should wear a scarlet F on her uniform next year.

Also, despite Dolson's impassioned speech during one of the games, it appears Achonwa does not flop all the time.



_________________
2019 RebKell Tipping Contest Champion
myrtle



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 25502



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/07/19 6:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
So is 6 the magic number for suspension? If so, I don't recall Hayes having a suspension. Next season?

The flops stats are revealing. It appears to me there is no problem. Only one player committed the sin of flopping. Perhaps Breland, the Lone Flopper, should wear a scarlet F on her uniform next year.

Also, despite Dolson's impassioned speech during one of the games, it appears Achonwa does not flop all the time.


nah, they flop'a'lot. They just don't get called often enough for it.



_________________
“Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.”
― Maya Angelou
pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 59824
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/07/19 6:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
So is 6 the magic number for suspension? If so, I don't recall Hayes having a suspension. Next season?


The seventh gets a suspension



_________________
On Christmas Day, the Gingerbread Man said, ‘Ladyfingers, be my wife.’
Randy



Joined: 08 Oct 2011
Posts: 9416



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/07/19 7:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

We had this thread about whether Flopping should be encouraged, discouraged or Ignored, and there seemed to be a lot of conviction that flopping was a problem. However, the WNBA says there was only 12 flops all season, which does not seem like a problem to me. Apparently, if it is a problem - the WNBA has decided to ignore it. Hard me to see why the officials of the league who review these things would see so few flops while fans seem to see so many.

http://boards.rebkell.net/viewtopic.php?t=96754



_________________
2019 RebKell Tipping Contest Champion
PicknLOL



Joined: 16 Jul 2019
Posts: 83



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/08/19 12:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Does Toliver have 6 plus one that's rescinded, or is one of her 6 rescinded? I'd have rescinded possibly 2 of hers Ts.

So one downside of not watching Dream games this year – I still haven't seen a flop called. Laughing


pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 59824
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/08/19 7:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PicknLOL wrote:
Does Toliver have 6 plus one that's rescinded, or is one of her 6 rescinded? I'd have rescinded possibly 2 of hers Ts.

So one downside of not watching Dream games this year – I still haven't seen a flop called. Laughing


6+1



_________________
On Christmas Day, the Gingerbread Man said, ‘Ladyfingers, be my wife.’
Richyyy



Joined: 17 Nov 2005
Posts: 21549
Location: London


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/08/19 8:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Also just to be clear, they start a fresh list for the playoffs with new limits. So if Toliver gets a tech tonight, she's not going to be suspended for Game 5.



_________________
Independent WNBA coverage: http://www.wnbalien.com/
TAJ



Joined: 08 Jul 2019
Posts: 5



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/08/19 11:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I remember there was a time Diana would have led the pack



_________________
Until Next time Theresa
pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 59824
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/08/19 12:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

TAJ wrote:
I remember there was a time Diana would have led the pack


She only played six games. Getting six or seven techs in that span would be a lot ever for her.



_________________
On Christmas Day, the Gingerbread Man said, ‘Ladyfingers, be my wife.’
WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 8805
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/08/19 12:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
TAJ wrote:
I remember there was a time Diana would have led the pack


She only played six games. Getting six or seven techs in that span would be a lot ever for her.


Who said she needed to play to get a T ? This is Dirty Diana were talking about here Laughing Laughing



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
PUmatty



Joined: 10 Nov 2004
Posts: 14930
Location: Chicago


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/08/19 4:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
pilight wrote:
TAJ wrote:
I remember there was a time Diana would have led the pack


She only played six games. Getting six or seven techs in that span would be a lot ever for her.


Who said she needed to play to get a T ? This is Dirty Diana were talking about here Laughing Laughing


She's gotten the when not playing before.

She is ridiculous.


bballgrl



Joined: 15 Sep 2007
Posts: 3611



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/08/19 6:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
pilight wrote:
TAJ wrote:
I remember there was a time Diana would have led the pack


She only played six games. Getting six or seven techs in that span would be a lot ever for her.


Who said she needed to play to get a T ? This is Dirty Diana were talking about here Laughing Laughing


She's gotten the when not playing before.

She is ridiculous.


Yep, she is ridiculously good!!


Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin