RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Brandt Jean Victim Impact Statement

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 10/02/19 9:02 pm    ::: Brandt Jean Victim Impact Statement Reply Reply with quote

I’m surprised there wasn’t an Amber Guyger thread. She’s the cop who supposedly went to the wrong floor of her apartment building, entered somebody else’s apartment, and shot the occupant thinking they were a burglar. I haven’t been following that closely but it seemed like a very odd case that’s hard to any sense out of it.

She was found guilty of some degree of murder. The following video is the brother of victim giving his impact statement. It’s pretty moving.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/qeESVLQK4hw" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Genero36

PostPosted: 10/02/19 9:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This made me so angry. There is absolutely nothing powerful about hugging on your brothers killer.

This trial has been disgusting to say the least. 10 years, my ass!!!!! Confused

You can murder a man in his own home while he's sitting on his couch enjoying the last little bit of life that he didn’t know was about to end so violently and abruptly...

You can proclaim in your words through texts, that you are a racist and joke about the death of a civil rights leader who also was murdered for justice...

You can speak of how Black officers disgust you and sleep with married men....

You can do all this and have Black people who will STILL find a way to see the purity in this White woman.

I can’t believe I watched him say she doesn’t deserve to spend any time in jail & just wants her to be Christian. There were plenty of “good Christian” people raping, enslaving, and terrorizing Black people for centuries.

He stated he wasn’t going to initially say & do any of that in front of family, so he knows he shouldn’t have. He’s probably trying too hard to be the image of a “good” Black person.

That bitch has zero remorse. I probably would’ve punched that devil if placed that close after what she did.

Why do so many of us want to prove how kind & good we are to evil people?

It’s not going to make them treat us any better.

PostPosted: 10/02/19 10:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Genero36 wrote:
This made me so angry. There is absolutely nothing powerful about hugging on your brothers killer.

Yep. There is....for HIM.

Forgiveness of the deepest, most genuine sort is inevitably a better remedy for the brother's soul than clinging to hatred and resentment. Christ himself modeled that very concept as he hung dying....he didn't even wait for his relatives to forgive his killers, he did it himself.

I know *I* might not do it very well, but I have every admiration for someone like this bereaved brother that is capable of doing it. It is difficult, but ultimately freeing .... for himself.

The scum she may be is irrelevant....it's not at all about her, her deed, her penitence or lack thereof. It's about refusing to hate her for a tragedy that is irreversibly done.

PostPosted: 10/03/19 8:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
Yep. There is....for HIM.

Forgiveness of the deepest, most genuine sort is inevitably a better remedy for the brother's soul than clinging to hatred and resentment. Christ himself modeled that very concept as he hung dying....he didn't even wait for his relatives to forgive his killers, he did it himself.

I know *I* might not do it very well, but I have every admiration for someone like this bereaved brother that is capable of doing it. It is difficult, but ultimately freeing .... for himself.

The scum she may be is irrelevant....it's not at all about her, her deed, her penitence or lack thereof. It's about refusing to hate her for a tragedy that is irreversibly done.

Oh, I totally understand all of that but the older I get the more I'm okay with not forgiving all of the time. God forgives all of the time. I'm not GOD, so I don't have to. Smile I'd seek another way to heal (i.e. therapy).

They can forgive but, all of us need to remember what she and others in her department did to try and make Mr Jean the criminal. Those actions need to be investigated (by the Feds) and others have to answer for their crimes.

I would like to know what was so healing for the judge and the cop that they felt the need to do this.

PostPosted: 10/03/19 3:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It wasn't healing for the judge and cop. It was showing compassion.

For the cop it was like "You've been through a lot. Hang in there."

For the judge it went a step beyond. "There is healing for you and redemption. Here's my bible -- you keep this and start right here."

Brandt Jean indeed did demonstrate the ultimate in forgiveness -- very powerful.

Genero36

PostPosted: 10/03/19 3:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<embed><iframe width="853" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/UiJGq__oQ-w" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe></embed>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiJGq__oQ-w

PostPosted: 10/03/19 3:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

taropatch wrote:
It wasn't healing for the judge and cop. It was showing compassion.

For the cop it was like "You've been through a lot. Hang in there."

For the judge it went a step beyond. "There is healing for you and redemption. Here's my bible -- you keep this and start right here."

Brandt Jean indeed did demonstrate the ultimate in forgiveness -- very powerful.

I refuse to allow forgiveness and compassion propaganda to overshadow a racist pig who is clearly feeling sorry FOR HERSELF!

PostPosted: 10/05/19 9:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Strange addition to this story.

Quote:
Authorities say a witness in the murder trial of a white Dallas police officer who fatally shot her black neighbor has been killed in a shooting.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2019/10/05/amber-guyger-trial-witness-ex-dallas-officers-murder-trial-killed/3887160002/

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: