19%  [ 10 ]
Sun
80%
 80%  [ 41 ]
Total Votes : 51

toad455

PostPosted: 10/06/19 4:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
I can't believe that Connecticut came out so soft, on their home court, in the Finals. They should be ashamed of themselves; they embarrassed the entire game of basketball. #HateHard

Agreed. They were nervous and soft early. Can't have that happen Tuesday.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
toad455

PostPosted: 10/06/19 4:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Do we get post-game news conferences on ABC? They have 12 minutes left on their schedule to fill?

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 10/06/19 4:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
So, what ranks higher in the worst trade in WNBA history? C. Williams to Connecticut from Phoenix for Bone, Alleyne? Or Powers to Washington from Dallas for Hill?

I would say that the talent gap between Williams and Bone is wider than the gap between Powers and Hill.

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
PicknLOL

PostPosted: 10/06/19 4:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Can we rank them on their use of the word ‘baby’?

Genero36

PostPosted: 10/06/19 6:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

One more for Thibault. How sweet would it be for him to win his first title as a visitor at Mohegan.

PostPosted: 10/06/19 7:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Just like I said! I am pulling for the Sun to win the Title but I wasn't as confident as some. I do believe that them not knowing before game time that Edd was playing threw them off. That is exactly what the Wash coach had in mind. If the Sun want to win the title they have to play better!

readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 10/06/19 8:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballgrl wrote:
Just like I said! I am pulling for the Sun to win the Title but I wasn't as confident as some. I do believe that them not knowing before game time that Edd was playing threw them off. That is exactly what the Wash coach had in mind. If the Sun want to win the title they have to play better!

With your own eyes you can see just how hampered EDD was. I absolutely believe it was a game time decision. She could do very little but shoot the ball - luckily she can do that while wearing a strait jacket. And Ariel Atkins could do even less out there - she couldn't shoot at all. Thinking that Thibault used their readiness to play politically is a biased, homer view. In other words, it's ridiculous.

~rAf
Aladyyn

PostPosted: 10/06/19 11:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Seemed to me that the long break really hurt the Sun, especially Williams. They just didn't come out ready to battle and had to play catch up all game. Not sure whether it's the experience difference, or Thibault preparing his team better, or Mystics just having more talent, but the difference was stark. 16-27 from 3 after 6 days of not playing is just insane and when they shoot this well they are simply unbeatable.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 10/07/19 4:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:
myrtle wrote:
If Washington wins, does EDD play in game 4?

I think as long as her treatment starting after the game until decision time on Tuesday goes well, yes.

And her just standing on the perimeter and spacing the floor already helps the Mystics so much. It helps that she knocks down her shots even with a bum knee and back Shocked

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
CourtsideTix

PostPosted: 10/07/19 8:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
With your own eyes you can see just how hampered EDD was. I absolutely believe it was a game time decision. She could do very little but shoot the ball - luckily she can do that while wearing a strait jacket. And Ariel Atkins could do even less out there - she couldn't shoot at all. Thinking that Thibault used their readiness to play politically is a biased, homer view. In other words, it's ridiculous.

Of course it was a game time decision. But you've been around here long enough to know that a lot of folks on this board are living in tents on the Grassy Knoll.

readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 10/07/19 9:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CourtsideTix wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:

Of course it was a game time decision. But you've been around here long enough to know that a lot of folks on this board are living in tents on the Grassy Knoll.

We Mystics fans who stuck through the very hard times are just grinning ear to ear that the team is now so good people can do nothing but accuse us of cheating to win. We need to start a "Trudi/Sheila award" to the silliest attempts to besmirch the Mystics.

~rAf
ClayK

PostPosted: 10/07/19 9:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

EDD is a rich suburban girl is a middle-class urban sport, and she's gotten lots of negativity over the years due to that and her injuries -- but I find it hard to believe anyone could doubt her toughness and desire after yesterday. Just a gutty, effective performance from an MVP ...

Despite that, though, the difference in the game was three-point percentage, which is a variable no one can control. The Mystics did get a bunch of open shots, but they made them, something the Sun were unable to do ...

Of course, the Sun's complete lack of bench strength, and a big hole at small forward, played into it as well. Stricklen can really shoot it, but that's it; Holmes has all the athleticism but brainless turnovers kill you ...

I'm thinking it goes five because EDD won't have four days to recover. Maybe Atkins can improve, but back injuries are nasty.

So do you sit EDD Tuesday and concede game four? Or risk her tweaking her back and playing limited minutes and/or poorly Tuesday and not at all in game five? You have to think Williams ("I can get any shot I want") will play better and the Mystics will regress to the mean in three-point percentage in game four. Tough call ...

PostPosted: 10/07/19 10:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
EDD is a rich suburban girl is a middle-class urban sport, and she's gotten lots of negativity over the years due to that and her injuries -- but I find it hard to believe anyone could doubt her toughness and desire after yesterday. Just a gutty, effective performance from an MVP ...

Despite that, though, the difference in the game was three-point percentage, which is a variable no one can control. The Mystics did get a bunch of open shots, but they made them, something the Sun were unable to do ...

Of course, the Sun's complete lack of bench strength, and a big hole at small forward, played into it as well. Stricklen can really shoot it, but that's it; Holmes has all the athleticism but brainless turnovers kill you ...

I'm thinking it goes five because EDD won't have four days to recover. Maybe Atkins can improve, but back injuries are nasty.

So do you sit EDD Tuesday and concede game four? Or risk her tweaking her back and playing limited minutes and/or poorly Tuesday and not at all in game five? You have to think Williams ("I can get any shot I want") will play better and the Mystics will regress to the mean in three-point percentage in game four. Tough call ...

YOU GO FOR IT. If you're Washington you want to get it done ASAP.

bigbri131014

PostPosted: 10/07/19 10:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PRballer wrote:
ClayK wrote:

YOU GO FOR IT. If you're Washington you want to get it done ASAP.

One would think CT comes into Tuesday's game fired up and ties this thing. (i was also hoping CT took advantage of Home Court last night and that turned out to be a flop PS Greetings from a Past poster ) Very Happy

Richyyy

PostPosted: 10/07/19 11:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:

I think she'll play on Tuesday because they'll be looking to close it out, but I tend to agree that saving her for Game 5 might be the smart move. You get her the extra rest time, and maximise your chance to win the game that you already have the higher chance to win due to home-court advantage. But semi-conceding a Finals game by putting out less than your best-available team would be a very brave move, and not one many coaches would make.

PostPosted: 10/07/19 12:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
CourtsideTix wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:

We Mystics fans who stuck through the very hard times are just grinning ear to ear that the team is now so good people can do nothing but accuse us of cheating to win. We need to start a "Trudi/Sheila award" to the silliest attempts to besmirch the Mystics.

+1 Cool

PostPosted: 10/07/19 12:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Five Takeaways From Game 3 Of The WNBA Finals 2019 Presented By YouTube TV

Brian Martin (WNBA.com)

https://www.wnba.com/news/five-takeaways-from-game-3-of-the-wnba-finals-2019-presented-by-youtube-tv/

PicknLOL

PostPosted: 10/07/19 1:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
ClayK wrote:

I think she'll play on Tuesday because they'll be looking to close it out, but I tend to agree that saving her for Game 5 might be the smart move. You get her the extra rest time, and maximise your chance to win the game that you already have the higher chance to win due to home-court advantage. But semi-conceding a Finals game by putting out less than your best-available team would be a very brave move, and not one many coaches would make.

It's not so clear-cut. You increase the chances of winning game 5, but that doesn't mean you increase the chances of winning the championship, because you will (well, might) be left with one actual chance less to win it. Resting EDD here might be a good bargain if the rest of the team still have a real chance of winning game 4 on their own, though that's a decision that can be made mid-game, and the rest of the team have a higher chance with game 5 than game 4 any way. For example, if the per-game chances are 30%,70% if EDD rests in game 4, and 60%,60% if EDD plays game 4 with the risk of getting worse, then the overall chance to win a championship would be 79% if she rests, and 84% if she plays. The example is not supposed to represent reality, just illustrate the effect of half-conceding a game when the final game is not to be taken for granted.

Aladyyn

PostPosted: 10/07/19 1:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

In my opinion, the only way EDD doesn't play in game 4 is if she literally can't. If she can at least spot up and put her hands up on defense she's in.

Now Atkins on the other hand, shouldn't play. Or at least shouldn't start. Her back injury was clearly affecting her shot in game 3 and Thibault has shown willingness to sit her if her shots aren't falling and the defensive matchup isn't great for her (which I think is debatable and highly dependant on how Connecticut runs their offense).

Shades

PostPosted: 10/07/19 1:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It’s a silly notion. If they didn’t sit Delle Donne for Game #3, you’re not going to sit her for Game #4.... unless she had a setback. There was no sign or mention of a setback, so there you go. That was easy.

Delle Donne did what she could. She didn’t have to be amazing. She was a decoy. She made jump shots when she was left open. She got defensive rebounds. That’s all they needed.

Now here’s the real topic. If Delle Donne has a similar game as the last one, and the Mystics end up winning the championship, who will be named the Finals MVP? Politics and good storylines might give it to Delle Donne for her “toughness and bravery”, but I think the REAL MVP of the series has been Meesseman. Give it to a bench player who probably hasn’t been recognized for any awards this season.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Aladyyn

PostPosted: 10/07/19 1:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
It’s a silly notion. If they didn’t sit Delle Donne for Game #3, you’re not going to sit her for Game #4.... unless she had a setback. There was no sign or mention of a setback, so there you go. That was easy.

Delle Donne did what she could. She didn’t have to be amazing. She was a decoy. She made jump shots when she was left open. She got defensive rebounds. That’s all they needed.

Now here’s the real topic. If Delle Donne has a similar game as the last one, and the Mystics end up winning the championship, who will be named the Finals MVP? Politics and good storylines might give it to Delle Donne for her “toughness and bravery”, but I think the REAL MVP of the series has been Meesseman. Give it to a bench player who probably hasn’t been recognized for any awards this season.

Toliver has been the MVP so far imo

ClayK

PostPosted: 10/07/19 2:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The only difference between games three and four is the amount of rest inbetween. EDD had four days to get ready for game three; she has one for game four. If her back is really cranky, it's conceivable she could be worse Tuesday than on Sunday, and then even worse Thursday.

But if she's at the same level, then playing her tomorrow is most likely the best course.

PostPosted: 10/07/19 3:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oops on getting the healthiness wrong.
And double oops on forgetting Powers.

Hey EDD as a Decoy or EDD-lite, is still better than most.
Scottie Pippen played a finals game on reputation alone.

I'm surprised the Sun couldn't capitalize with something, on EDD at less than 100%.

wnbafan

PostPosted: 10/07/19 3:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

I agree, Meesseman is the MVP.

PostPosted: 10/07/19 4:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aladyyn wrote:
Shades wrote:

Toliver has been the MVP so far imo

Cloud

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: