RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Wings vs Storm - 9/09/20

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 09/09/20 1:13 am    ::: Wings vs Storm - 9/09/20 Reply Reply with quote

Palmetto, FL - Court 1 - 10:00 PM ET
TV: CBS Sports, Joe TV

Video stream:
https://www.cbssports.com/cbs-sports-network/ (tvpli)

League Pass:
https://leaguepass.wnba.com/game/wings-at-storm-on-09092020

Game page:
https://www.wnba.com/game/20200909/DALSEA/

ESPN Gamecast:
https://www.espn.com/wnba/game?gameId=401230816

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
bcdawg04

PostPosted: 09/09/20 9:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

My JoeTV reception is often not great, but today it is especially terrible. Maybe it's the haze. The Magbegor layup was the first Storm field goal that I was able to see.

tfan

PostPosted: 09/09/20 9:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mabrey is trying to create shots off the dribble like she is a one-on-one scorer., but I don't think that is her game. And least not yet.

bcdawg04

PostPosted: 09/09/20 9:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I am seeing plenty of Dallas field goals.

Iluvacc

PostPosted: 09/09/20 9:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Debbie sounds like she's about to have an orgasm at any moment

tfan

PostPosted: 09/09/20 9:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Clark digging in on the perimeter but can't keep Ogunbawale from getting to the basket.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 09/09/20 10:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I smell a late gas tank coming ....but don’t mind me.

PostPosted: 09/09/20 10:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Satou Sabally the Seattle Storm Cellar 23 pts halfway through the 3rd Schooling both Howard and Stewie so far. Making her case for ROY even though it’s kind of far fetched at this point.

PostPosted: 09/09/20 10:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Too many whistles. I’m trying to go to bed at a decent time Rolling Eyes
calbearman76

PostPosted: 09/09/20 10:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Maybe there would be fewer whistles if players like Sue Bird didn't make such idiotic plays!

Iluvacc

PostPosted: 09/09/20 10:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yikes! Hopefully that looked worse than it was.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 09/10/20 3:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Havent seen the game yet but i read somewhere that Clark held Arike to 0 pts in the 2nd half. Is that right?

I have seen some comments from people that Clark is not even the best defender on her own team (Howard and Stewie). To me that is a joke.
You cant honestly say that Howard(or Stewie) is a better defender this season then Clark.
Not when you consider that Howard was an absolute liability in the first 10 games of the season on both ends of the floor.. She was not in shape and couldnt stay on the floor for more then 15-20 minutes per game. People were flying past her at will. That is why Ezi got an early chance in the season.
Think about it that is almost half of the games.. Stewie is a great defender (more team defense then 1on1 in my opinion) but they are not putting her on the strongest postplayer to shut her down.

Clark has been the defensive anchor (offensively pretty good too btw) all season long for the Storm. Locking down the best perimeter opponent every night( PG, SG or SF).

So yeah if i had a vote then it would be Clark for DPOY.

rant over..
Laughing

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
RavenDog

PostPosted: 09/10/20 6:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
Havent seen the game yet but i read somewhere that Clark held Arike to 0 pts in the 2nd half. Is that right?

I have seen some comments from people that Clark is not even the best defender on her own team (Howard and Stewie). To me that is a joke.
You cant honestly say that Howard(or Stewie) is a better defender this season then Clark.
Not when you consider that Howard was an absolute liability in the first 10 games of the season on both ends of the floor.. She was not in shape and couldnt stay on the floor for more then 15-20 minutes per game. People were flying past her at will. That is why Ezi got an early chance in the season.
Think about it that is almost half of the games.. Stewie is a great defender (more team defense then 1on1 in my opinion) but they are not putting her on the strongest postplayer to shut her down.

Clark has been the defensive anchor (offensively pretty good too btw) all season long for the Storm. Locking down the best perimeter opponent every night( PG, SG or SF).

rant over..
Laughing

Correct, she held oGUNbowale to 4-15 shots for 8 points. The other 7 oGUUNY scored were free throws from a couple extra shots. Yes, she is Seattle's best defender.

When oGUNNY's on Dallas wins when she's not it goes the other way. Hogging shots is not good for team morale but exciting to watch from a fan's point of view. I have to admit, I like watching her! I wouldn't if I had to play with her 22- 35 games a year.

Debbie Antonelli
LaChina Robinson
Carolyn Peck
RavenDog

PostPosted: 09/10/20 6:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:

rant over..
Laughing

Correct, she held oGUNbowale to 4-15 shots for 8 points. The other 7 oGUUNY scored were free throws from a couple extra shots. Yes, Clark is Seattle's best defender.

When oGUNNY's on Dallas wins when she's not it goes the other way. Hogging shots is not good for team morale but exciting to watch from a fan's point of view. I have to admit, I like watching her! I wouldn't if I had to play with her 22- 35 games a year.

Debbie Antonelli
LaChina Robinson
Carolyn Peck
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: