Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stormeo

PostPosted: 07/04/20 11:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
stever wrote:
Quote:
Agent: Cambage expected out; severe risk if she gets virus

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/sports/national/story/2020-07-04/agent-cambage-expected-out-severe-risk-if-she-gets-virus

Quote:
“In the evaluation of Liz Cambage’s health and pre-existing risk factors with her team doctor, we believe her to be at high-risk for severe illness if she contracts COVID-19 in participating this WNBA season,” Cambage’s agent, Allison Galer, told The Associated Press on Saturday night. “We are awaiting the league’s determination based on an independent physician panel.”

Galer declined to elaborate what the pre-exisiting conditions were, citing Cambage’s privacy.

Didn't she claim to already have it?

Lmao what if they tested her for antibodies and she didn't have any, ergo she never had it to begin with. Rolling Eyes In that case, her vulnerable mental health could be the "high-risk" part of the equation.

Otherwise, I... haven't heard anything legitimate about people contracting the virus twice, but I suppose if she really did have the virus back in December/January, it might be enough time between now and then where she could get infected again, because of the uncertainty of how long the coronavirus antibodies in one's system actually last. Lord, with her though, the reality probably has nothing to do with any of this. Laughing

Randy

PostPosted: 07/05/20 6:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
stever wrote:
Quote:

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/sports/national/story/2020-07-04/agent-cambage-expected-out-severe-risk-if-she-gets-virus

Quote:
“In the evaluation of Liz Cambage’s health and pre-existing risk factors with her team doctor, we believe her to be at high-risk for severe illness if she contracts COVID-19 in participating this WNBA season,” Cambage’s agent, Allison Galer, told The Associated Press on Saturday night. “We are awaiting the league’s determination based on an independent physician panel.”

Galer declined to elaborate what the pre-exisiting conditions were, citing Cambage’s privacy.

She did and said she was hospitalized in China because she was severely ill. She could get an antibody test to find out if she did have it.

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 07/05/20 8:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If Cambage is fearful of contracting COVID-19 then she would not play professional basketball anywhere this year.

PostPosted: 07/05/20 8:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
If Cambage is fearful of contracting COVID-19 then she would not play professional basketball anywhere this year.

She's just trying to get that paycheck from the W without playing. Let's see if she plays in China(or elsewhere) this Fall.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY

Last edited by toad455 on 07/05/20 8:13 am; edited 1 time in total
snlMINAJ

PostPosted: 07/05/20 8:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

i mean this pre-existing condition could be something as small and 'innocent' as asthma... i doubt they'll ever say what it is so why bother guessing.

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 07/05/20 8:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:

She's just trying to get that paycheck from the W without playing. Let's see if she plays in China(or elsewhere) this Fall.

EXACTLY! Now any person that does not play for personal reasons I can respect that decision. If anyone really has a passion to accomplish something outside of basketball and they need that time to do it, I can respect and support that effort.

PostPosted: 07/05/20 8:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Cambage claims she already had COVID so she should have immunity

PostPosted: 07/05/20 8:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Cambage claims she already had COVID so she should have immunity

Last I heard no one was entirely sure how immunity worked for this illness, though. Which could also make deciding her level of 'risk' somewhat complicated.

I wondered if she could claim 'high-risk' status based on previously documented mental health issues. Probably doesn't make you more likely to get seriously sick from Covid-19, but could make living in a bubble for 3 months a very difficult enterprise.

PostPosted: 07/05/20 8:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
stever wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

This.

Don't get me wrong - if I am overseas and can in any way afford it I'm not traveling for this season...the bubble might wind up okay but the travel?

I don't fault the decision at all... Just seems unusual to get a paid medical exemption for something you allegedly already had.

Lingering effects from having had it I can see or maybe she had a bad case of whatever else was going around not covid?

PostPosted: 07/05/20 9:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
stever wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

Lmao what if they tested her for antibodies and she didn't have any, ergo she never had it to begin with. :roll: In that case, her vulnerable mental health could be the "high-risk" part of the equation.

Otherwise, I... haven't heard anything legitimate about people contracting the virus twice, but I suppose if she really did have the virus back in December/January, it might be enough time between now and then where she could get infected again, because of the uncertainty of how long the coronavirus antibodies in one's system actually last. Lord, with her though, the reality probably has nothing to do with any of this. :lol:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2897705-wwes-kayla-braxton-deletes-twitter-account-after-2nd-covid-19-diagnosis

You may or may not consider this "legitimate," but whatever.

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
Randy

PostPosted: 07/05/20 9:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So does she think she got the virus from twitter?

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 07/05/20 9:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
So does she think she got the virus from twitter?

I can't tell who this bad joke of a post is meant to be a reply to?

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 07/05/20 10:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
PUmatty wrote:

She did and said she was hospitalized in China because she was severely ill. She could get an antibody test to find out if she did have it.

It's uncertain how long antibodies last after a case of COVID. It's also uncertain if or for how long they're protective against another infection, or how severe a second case is apt to be.

Given the recent increase in cases in the US, particularly compared to Australia, the proliferation of positive tests in other professional sports, and multiple airlines now ignoring social distancing practices, I think she'd be crazy to travel back to LV.

PUmatty

PostPosted: 07/05/20 10:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The broader point being that Cambage hasn't exactly earned the benefit of the doubt.

bluedevilaztecfan5

PostPosted: 07/05/20 11:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
Ok I gotta put this out there. Can't "man" refer to just an actual human, as opposed to an adult male? "Mankind"? Like, when wbb broadcasters call it "woman-to-woman" defense or "player-to-player" defense (I always think of Ros Gold-Onwude with the latter lol) instead of "man-to-man", can't "man-to-man" or in this particular case "6th man" still be correct if the word "man" refers to a human individual and not an adult male? Like, if I were calling wbb games as a broadcaster, I'd say "man-to-man" defense, etc. That's where I'm coming from, which is why I don't get offended by anyone saying the word "man" in those particular contexts for wbb. Sorry for rambling, just felt like throwing in my two cents here. Laughing

I know others find Ros annoying but I love the ‘player to player’ implementation.

I get that the literal definition of man can mean human being....but imagine calling your mom, sister, auntie, grandma, wife, girlfriend, best friend who is a girl, or someone on the Aces like Cambage or Wilson, etc lol....a man, and how would they take it Laughing

I see what you’re saying, some of my girl friends say to each other, “hey man/dude/bro what’s up” and most people I know refer to multiple people (including groups of all ladies), “you guys”.

I appreciate your point of view with literal definitions of ‘man’, and it seems maybe you would be open to further conversation. This is an article from a couple years ago talking about different languages, some like English and Spanish being pretty gendered, others like Indonesian, Finnish are genderless.

https://www.discovermagazine.com/mind/from-mouth-to-mind-how-language-governs-our-perceptions-of-gender
Quote:
And the way we talk may affect more than our thoughts. Numerous studies have found higher gender inequality in countries with gendered languages, meaning our speech may indirectly impact the lives of women in just about every conceivable way.

Randy

PostPosted: 07/05/20 11:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Why not just say one on one defense? We have one on one offense.

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 07/05/20 11:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
The broader point being that Cambage hasn't exactly earned the benefit of the doubt.

The points I made apply to anyone, so benefit of doubt for a specific person is irrelevant.

PUmatty

PostPosted: 07/05/20 11:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FrozenLVFan wrote:
PUmatty wrote:

The points I made apply to anyone, so benefit of doubt for a specific person is irrelevant.

I wasn't responding to you or your points specifically, thus the reason I didn't quote you in my post.

bluedevilaztecfan5

PostPosted: 07/05/20 4:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Why not just say one on one defense? We have one on one offense.

Yeah that works too!

Shades

PostPosted: 07/12/20 6:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shorthanded Aces begin preparations for season
https://www.reviewjournal.com/sports/aces/shorthanded-aces-begin-preparations-for-season-2072378/

Quote:
Guards Sugar Rodgers and Kayla McBride and center Carolyn Swords have missed the first two days of practice, although Laimbeer expects Swords to be available Sunday.

“Being here is difficult for the coaches because we normally have 15 players and a lot of repetitions for everyone and can save their legs,” Laimbeer said. “Now with eight or nine, it’s difficult. You can’t play 5-on-5, you can’t bring in guys to practice against. You have to make the most of what you’ve got.”

That’s a big advantage for a team like the Lynx, who seem to have everybody accounted for, PLUS they have three ex-WNBA players who are assistant coaches. They should make excellent practice players.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 07/12/20 2:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Shorthanded Aces begin preparations for season
https://www.reviewjournal.com/sports/aces/shorthanded-aces-begin-preparations-for-season-2072378/

Quote:
Guards Sugar Rodgers and Kayla McBride and center Carolyn Swords have missed the first two days of practice, although Laimbeer expects Swords to be available Sunday.

“Being here is difficult for the coaches because we normally have 15 players and a lot of repetitions for everyone and can save their legs,” Laimbeer said. “Now with eight or nine, it’s difficult. You can’t play 5-on-5, you can’t bring in guys to practice against. You have to make the most of what you’ve got.”

That’s a big advantage for a team like the Lynx, who seem to have everybody accounted for, PLUS they have three ex-WNBA players who are assistant coaches. They should make excellent practice players.

The Aces hired Tanisha Wright as an AC in the off-season, and they still have Vickie Johnson, so they're not completely devoid of practice players.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 07/12/20 2:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Laimbeer was a pretty acceptable player back in the day, too Wink.

PostPosted: 07/12/20 3:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://thenext.substack.com/p/aces-open-training-camp-with-eight

Aces with just 8 players. Rodgers, McBride and Swords will arrive shortly.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Richyyy

PostPosted: 07/12/20 3:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Swords and McBride are there, just haven't been involved yet.

PostPosted: 07/12/20 8:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Laimbeer was a pretty acceptable player back in the day, too Wink.

I figure somebody has to do the coaching. Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 14 of 17

Jump to: