RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

Fever vs Sparks - 8/05/20

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who will win this game?
Fever
33%
 33%  [ 5 ]
Sparks
66%
 66%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 15

Author Message
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 55633



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/03/20 7:52 pm    ::: Fever vs Sparks - 8/05/20 Reply Reply with quote

Palmetto, FL - Court 1 - 10:00 PM ET
TV: Spectrum Sportsnet

League Pass:
https://leaguepass.wnba.com/game/fever-at-sparks-on-08052020

Game page:
https://www.wnba.com/game/20200805/INDLAS/

ESPN Gamecast:
https://www.espn.com/wnba/game?gameId=401230764



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 22182



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/05/20 7:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lauren Cox is expected to play tonight.



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
boom*NNEKA*nneka



Joined: 31 May 2012
Posts: 822
Location: San Pedro, CA


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/05/20 5:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Time to bounce back after an extended rest. We need to get up for a marathon 6 games in 11 day set. I am hoping we don't underestimate a hungry Fever team and come out strong and keep them on their heels the whole game. Hopefully, Fisher will spread the minutes out and give everyone an adequate amount of PT to keep us fresh over the next 11 days.

Let's go Sparks!
WfanFrJmp



Joined: 24 May 2016
Posts: 963



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/05/20 7:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

boom*NNEKA*nneka wrote:
Time to bounce back after an extended rest. We need to get up for a marathon 6 games in 11 day set. I am hoping we don't underestimate a hungry Fever team and come out strong and keep them on their heels the whole game. Hopefully, Fisher will spread the minutes out and give everyone an adequate amount of PT to keep us fresh over the next 11 days.

Let's go Sparks!


Exclamation Exclamation


miller40



Joined: 29 Jun 2006
Posts: 1318



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/05/20 8:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I hope we get to see a little of McCowan and Cox together.


Stormeo



Joined: 14 Jul 2019
Posts: 1982
Location: Seattle, WA


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/05/20 9:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

We have a Marie Gülich sighting - it’s her first minutes of the season.

And, we now have a Lauren Cox sighting - her first minutes of her career. Very exciting. Very Happy

On top of that, they’re both guarding each other at the 5. Whew, it brings me back to those Baylor-Oregon State matchups in the NCAA Tourney. Those were great games!



_________________
"It's not a game of 'how to', it's a game of 'when to.'" –Sue Bird, on basketball but probably also life
WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 10127
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/05/20 10:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Some people might bite my head off for this , but I’m convinced Candace Parker is the most effective player in WNBA history. NOT the best , but most effective to what she brings and produces to the game . I will miss watching her play whenever she hangs them up. Half ass and all!



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
myrtle



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 27479



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/05/20 10:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

who is this woman announcer. She's terrible.



_________________
For there is always light,
if only we’re brave enough to see it.
If only we’re brave enough to be it.
- Amanda Gorman
pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 61828
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/05/20 10:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

When Parker is on, she's as good as anyone we've ever seen. That's why people get frustrated when she's off, which is more often than many fans would like.



_________________
The power of the police to fulfill their functions and duties is dependent on public approval of their existence, actions and behavior, and on their ability to secure and maintain public respect
WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 10127
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/05/20 10:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
When Parker is on, she's as good as anyone we've ever seen. That's why people get frustrated when she's off, which is more often than many fans would like.


+1 , but the sad part is her off nights are better than the average players productive night . Her presence alone on the floor requires the defenses attention and respect .



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
jap



Joined: 01 Apr 2007
Posts: 7651



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/05/20 11:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
pilight wrote:
When Parker is on, she's as good as anyone we've ever seen. That's why people get frustrated when she's off, which is more often than many fans would like.


+1 , but the sad part is her off nights are better than the average players productive night . Her presence alone on the floor requires the defenses attention and respect .


When CP3 is going strong, she fills up the stats sheet like no else ever has in WNBA history. I'm impressed with how well she has been rebounding this season, even with a compressed schedule. Let's see how long she can keep this going.



_________________
Regards,
J A P
willtalk



Joined: 13 Apr 2012
Posts: 934
Location: NorCal


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/06/20 12:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jap wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
pilight wrote:
When Parker is on, she's as good as anyone we've ever seen. That's why people get frustrated when she's off, which is more often than many fans would like.


+1 , but the sad part is her off nights are better than the average players productive night . Her presence alone on the floor requires the defenses attention and respect .


When CP3 is going strong, she fills up the stats sheet like no else ever has in WNBA history. I'm impressed with how well she has been rebounding this season, even with a compressed schedule. Let's see how long she can keep this going.

I wouldn't be surprised if her daughter being in the Bubble with her is having a positive influence on her in that respect. Yes it is true that even on her off nights she is better than the average player, but her attitude can be catching by the rest of the team.



_________________
No one one is ever as good as their best game, nor as bad as their worst.
ClayK



Joined: 11 Oct 2005
Posts: 10655



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/06/20 9:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Agreed on CP3 ... and you know, sometimes there are players who make it look so easy we think they should be in the flow all the time. But just because it looks easy doesn't mean it is easy ...

Interesting that Wiese started over Williams. Could be a way to jazz up the second unit's offense, or maybe it's that Wiese is actually the better player.



_________________
Oṃ Tāre Tuttāre Ture Svāhā
PUmatty



Joined: 10 Nov 2004
Posts: 15502
Location: Chicago


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/06/20 9:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
Agreed on CP3 ... and you know, sometimes there are players who make it look so easy we think they should be in the flow all the time. But just because it looks easy doesn't mean it is easy ...

Interesting that Wiese started over Williams. Could be a way to jazz up the second unit's offense, or maybe it's that Wiese is actually the better player.


Or that Weise fits better with the starting unit.


readyAIMfire53



Joined: 20 Nov 2004
Posts: 5819
Location: Durham, NC


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/06/20 2:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
ClayK wrote:
Agreed on CP3 ... and you know, sometimes there are players who make it look so easy we think they should be in the flow all the time. But just because it looks easy doesn't mean it is easy ...

Interesting that Wiese started over Williams. Could be a way to jazz up the second unit's offense, or maybe it's that Wiese is actually the better player.


Or that Weise fits better with the starting unit.


+1

I will never figure out how some people fail to understand the concept of "team chemistry" and how that relates to winning more ballgames. And no, "team chemistry" is not about who likes you - it's about how players and their skills fit together. Weise handles the ball more and shoots less than Williams. Wiese is just as happy being the third ball handler behind Gray and Parker as she is being the one bringing the ball down the court. She shifts between roles seamlessly. These things make up for not being able to handle the ball under pressure or being a liability on defense.

Plus, adding a streaky shooter to the second unit isn't a bad idea. Pairing her with smooth and steady Augustus is not a bad idea at all.



_________________
Follow your passion and your life will be true down to your core.

~rAf
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin