RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Los Angeles Sparks 2020
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
WfanFrJmp

PostPosted: 09/25/19 1:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Genero36 wrote:
<embed><iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.espn.com/core/video/iframe?id=27696477&endcard=false" allowfullscreen frameborder="0"></iframe></embed>

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=27696477

Great to hear his perspective!

ClayK

PostPosted: 09/25/19 2:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I love DeLisha Milton but she left a head coaching job abruptly to take an assistant's job at Syracuse. An odd move ...

PostPosted: 09/25/19 4:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Genero36 wrote:
<embed><iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.espn.com/core/video/iframe?id=27696477&endcard=false" allowfullscreen frameborder="0"></iframe></embed>

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=27696477

I will only accept Agler's comment when he reveals the REAL REASON why he left the Sparks. Twisted Evil

PostPosted: 09/25/19 4:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
I will only accept Agler's comment when he reveals the REAL REASON why he left the Sparks. :twisted:

If the REAL REASON™ turns out to be not what you expect it to be, will you still accept it as the REAL REASON™?

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
Rock Hard

PostPosted: 09/25/19 11:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:
I will only accept Agler's comment when he reveals the REAL REASON why he left the Sparks. Twisted Evil

If the REAL REASON™ turns out to be not what you expect it to be, will you still accept it as the REAL REASON™?

Agler has no right to comment on Fisher coaching tactics when he left the Sparks without ANY EXPLANATION on why he left.

PostPosted: 09/25/19 11:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
Agler has no right to comment on Fisher coaching tactics when he left the Sparks without ANY EXPLANATION on why he left.

Oh. Laughing

They did ask him the question, didn’t seem like Agler voluntarily talked about it.

PostPosted: 09/25/19 11:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:
I will only accept Agler's comment when he reveals the REAL REASON why he left the Sparks. :twisted:

That's not an answer to the question I asked. In fact, it's not an answer to any question, at all; it's practically a complete non-sequitur.

GEF34

PostPosted: 09/26/19 2:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
I love DeLisha Milton but she left a head coaching job abruptly to take an assistant's job at Syracuse. An odd move ...

I don’t see why it’s an odd move for her. She made it pretty clear she still has a lot to learn and she wants to be a head coach at a power five school. Of course this doesn’t guarantee a head coaching job at a power five school, but it definitely helps getting her foot in the door at an ACC school to get her name known among the bigger schools and not just have Pepperdine as her only experience.

willtalk

PostPosted: 09/26/19 4:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I have been critical of Fisher's rotations since the latter half of the season. I felt that he did not have enough experience in respect to the history of some of the players on his roster to make enough educated decisions as to when to sit an when to play certain players. Williams in particular. I do not fault him for sitting Parker. In fact, he should have sat her earlier in the season to send a message that she should give an effort or she will not play. If ever there is a non-self-motivated player it would be her.

Those commentators in the video, while right about Fisher's lack of experience are dead wrong about playing vets when they have done so little the entire game. You bring in the bench to see if they can make a run and then you stick the Vets back in at the end. They are an example of the weak level of basketball intellect that predominated the earlier Women's basketball ranks and that are now running the WNBA. That is one reason it is such a mess. The front offices and the coaching staffs are second rate. For example, no top-level WCBB coach would ever leave their program to coach a WNBA team.

Hey Michael Cooper coached the Sparks to a championship early on. He couldn't even hold a job or even get on now in WCBB.

PostPosted: 09/26/19 6:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Looking back at the Sparks 2019 season, I've changed my stance on D.Fisher. I don't think he should be fired.

* The Sparks traded away an all-star caliber guard (Sims) and did not replace her production.
* Candace Parker missed 12 gms (LA went 8-4)
* Williams missed 11 gms.
* Beard missed 18 gms.
* Vadeeva missed 19 gms (Overseas commitment,Injury).
* Coming into the season TRP/Williams were sub 37% fg shooters for their careers. How many teams are winning playoff series with 37% shooting wings?

Despite all of this. The Sparks still wemt 22-12 and finished with the 3rd best record.....How many coaches are winning more than 22 gms with the way LA is currently constructed?...Agler, one of my favorite coaches, Won 19 games last season. And using Fisher's coaching stint with the Knicks as evidence of him being a bad coach is unfair. Fisher was the head coach, but he and Phil Jackson butted heads because Jackson wanted him to run the triangle offense. This led to fisher's firing......People are also saying the Sparks players quit on Fisher. When exactly did they quit?...In the 4th qt of gm 1 when the score was tied 64-64?

Nneka played hard.
TRP played hard, she just can't shoot.
Beard played hard, she's just washed up.
Williams played hard, she's just a streaky shooter.
Gray got outplayed by J.Thomas.
Chiney played hard but she seems to be more focused on broadcasting.

I thought most of the team played hard.

Fisher's decision the bench Parker has taken the heat off of Penny Toler...Penny's history of building poorly constructed Sparks teams have been well documented.

The Sparks IMO need a starting sg. a starting sf and a backup pg.

Last edited by zune69 on 09/26/19 7:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Rock Hard

PostPosted: 09/26/19 7:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:

That's not an answer to the question I asked. In fact, it's not an answer to any question, at all; it's practically a complete non-sequitur.

That is my statement. Have a good day.

PostPosted: 09/26/19 3:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:

Rolling Eyes

Whatever. If you didn't want to answer my question, you could have just not replied to my post, in the first place.

Davis4632

PostPosted: 09/26/19 3:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Looking back at the Sparks 2019 season, I've changed my stance on D.Fisher. I don't think he should be fired.

* The Sparks traded away an all-star caliber guard (Sims) and did not replace her production.
* Candace Parker missed 12 gms (LA went 8-4)
* Williams missed 11 gms.
* Beard missed 18 gms.
* Vadeeva missed 19 gms (Overseas commitment,Injury).
* Coming into the season TRP/Williams were sub 37% fg shooters for their careers. How many teams are winning playoff series with 37% shooting wings?

Despite all of this. The Sparks still wemt 22-12 and finished with the 3rd best record.....How many coaches are winning more than 22 gms with the way LA is currently constructed?...Agler, one of my favorite coaches, Won 19 games last season. And using Fisher's coaching stint with the Knicks as evidence of him being a bad coach is unfair. Fisher was the head coach, but he and Phil Jackson butted heads because Jackson wanted him to run the triangle offense. This led to fisher's firing......People are also saying the Sparks players quit on Fisher. When exactly did they quit?...In the 4th qt of gm 1 when the score was tied 64-64?

Nneka played hard.
TRP played hard, she just can't shoot.
Beard played hard, she's just washed up.
Williams played hard, she's just a streaky shooter.
Gray got outplayed by J.Thomas.
Chiney played hard but she seems to be more focused on broadcasting.

I thought most of the team played hard.

Fisher's decision the bench Parker has taken the heat off of Penny Toler...Penny's history of building poorly constructed Sparks teams have been well documented.

The Sparks IMO need a starting sg. a starting sf and a backup pg.

I think having in 40-96 record played a huge role in Fisher being fired from the Knicks. Has any asked Matt Barnes his take on Fisher's handling of the benching situation. I can imagine that Barnes wouldn't want Fisher to lose his job for personal reasons.

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 09/26/19 3:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Davis4632 wrote:
I think having in 40-96 record played a huge role in Fisher being fired from the Knicks. Has any asked Matt Barnes his take on Fisher's handling of the benching situation. I can imagine that Barnes wouldn't want Fisher to lose his job for personal reasons.

If I want an objective take on Derek Fisher, Matt Barnes is definitely my first phone call.

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 09/26/19 3:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:

Rolling Eyes

Whatever. If you didn't want to answer my question, you could have just not replied to my post, in the first place.

I will make it priority not to comment on your post. Do not make any comments on my posts from this date forward.

PostPosted: 09/26/19 4:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
I will make it priority not to comment on your post.

Let's test that theory, shall we?

5thmantheme

PostPosted: 09/26/19 4:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

alt explanation for Parker is :

game 1 = one of the best games of the entire wnba season

between games 1 and 2, Miller says that can't happen again, the Brass says that can't happen again

game 2 = Parker double teamed most of the game, Miller + Sun gambling the rest of the team won't pick up the slack

game 3 = hey that worked, let's double team Parker again, daring the rest of the team to pick up the slack

game "4" = Parker hits a karaoke bar, to sing Karen White's I'm Not Your Superwoman

mavcarter
#NATC

PostPosted: 09/26/19 4:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:
I will make it priority not to comment on your post.

Let's test that theory, shall we?

PostPosted: 09/26/19 7:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

5thmantheme wrote:
alt explanation for Parker is :

game 1 = one of the best games of the entire wnba season

between games 1 and 2, Miller says that can't happen again, the Brass says that can't happen again

game 2 = Parker double teamed most of the game, Miller + Sun gambling the rest of the team won't pick up the slack

game 3 = hey that worked, let's double team Parker again, daring the rest of the team to pick up the slack

game "4" = Parker hits a karaoke bar, to sing Karen White's I'm Not Your Superwoman

Exclamation

Add to that that they did the same to Chelsea.

Game 1: LA's posts got busy and the guards were ineffective
Game 2: LA's guards came to life and the posts weren't consistent
Game 3: Basically, everybody (sans Nneka) was out of sorts

Generally, they did what any good team does and that is to make their opponent uncomfortable and not allow them to play to their strengths by clogging the paint, playing great help defense..keeping them on their heels. Many times the only option for shots were the wings and LA's guards did not hit them. These weren't great games for Chelsea for a number of reasons, but I believe it was by design (cut off the head of the snake) and I can't discount the possibility that all of the minutes she played during the regular season may have caught up with her on some level...

Coach Miller (former Sparks assistant) had a great game plan...the team was hungry and executed the plan well. Each night, a different aspect or person from Connecticut dominated and LA had no counter for any of that. Contrary to popular opinion, simply playing harder was not going to fully remedy that for LA... They weren't all of a sudden going to become a different squad...They didn't have counters for what Connecticut was doing... In game...in series adjustments were severely lacking...and it is more than just changing personnel.... .Credit to Connecticut to scouting them well and dictating the series.

All in all, while I really, really hate the way the season ended. LA overcame a lot this season....Given all of the moving parts, new coach, players, injuries, etc., it is amazing that they were the 3rd seed but in all honesty, they were not ready to really be competitive in the post season. The 2 teams on top are well coached, balanced, have been playing together for a number of years and it shows. It should be a fun series!

Btw, these guys did a great job covering LA this year and did a nice season summary: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tt9e5lHynIU

Enjoy!

zune69

PostPosted: 09/26/19 7:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Davis4632 wrote:

*The Knicks were in a state of transition during Fisher's 1st season- Traded Smith, Felton, Shumpert, and Stoudamire.
*C.Anthony was injured- missed 42 gms.

The Knicks sucked before and after D.Fisher....They are the worst ran organization in sports.

Fisher went 23-31 his last season in NY...The Knicks record since firing Fisher is:

Rambis- 9-19
Hornecek- 31-51
Hornecek- 29-52
Fisdale- 17-65

zune69

PostPosted: 09/26/19 9:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

People on this board are ridiculous. Fisher just won 22 gms as a first year WNBA HC with a structurally flawed team that had 4 key players miss a combined 60 gms but all people want to do is bring up his record as the Knicks HC, or make comments about his personal life......this board is filled with a bunch of pathetic muthaluvers.

hangtyme24

PostPosted: 09/26/19 11:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:

Syracuse > Pepperdine.
P5 > WCC
Top 25 team > WNIT program.
Who doesn’t want a promotion and a chance to play, coach and recruit top talent. Not odd at all.

PostPosted: 09/26/19 11:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Davis4632 wrote:

*The Knicks were in a state of transition during Fisher's 1st season- Traded Smith, Felton, Shumpert, and Stoudamire.
*C.Anthony was injured- missed 42 gms.

The Knicks sucked before and after D.Fisher....They are the worst ran organization in sports.

Fisher went 23-31 his last season in NY...The Knicks record since firing Fisher is:

Rambis- 9-19
Hornecek- 31-51
Hornecek- 29-52
Fisdale- 17-65

Those coaches had their share of injuries and trades that affected them as well.

It may be trolling in a way to bring up Matt Barnes, but he does work for ESPN's NBA Jump. The Parker benching was topic on the Jump but Barnes wasn't there on the day it was brought up.

Someone on another forum said that the Sparks should fire Fisher and make Fred the head coach of the Sparks.

zune69

PostPosted: 09/27/19 1:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Davis4632 wrote:

Someone on another forum said that the Sparks should fire Fisher and make Fred the head coach of the Sparks.

Laughing

How many games would the Sparks have won with Fred as the HC?...13?...15?...17?...19?

Dallas went 15-19 last season despite having the MVP runner up and an all-team pg. And with the exception of Christmas-Kelly, they were relatively healthy.

ClayK

PostPosted: 09/27/19 9:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fisher won 22 regular season games with a very talented, though oddly constructed, roster.

Definitely a positive ...

Fisher's team rolled over and died in the playoffs.

Definitely a negative ...

So half-full?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 3 of 18

Jump to: