RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

Los Angeles Sparks 2020
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Spark4Life



Joined: 05 Mar 2009
Posts: 3784
Location: The land of SHOWTIME and Lisa Leslie.


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/20/20 6:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Augustus?? How can that be possible money wise? Gray not being signed makes me nervous.



_________________
"The first to bring grace, elegance, athleticism and a little bit of Hollywood to women's basketball" Carol Callan on Lisa Leslie


Last edited by Spark4Life on 02/20/20 6:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 21171



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/20/20 6:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

really curious how they plan to re-sign Gray now with bringing in Augustus? Someone have details on their cap space?



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
adamj95



Joined: 09 May 2014
Posts: 1812
Location: East Grand Forks, MN


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/20/20 6:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Gray to the Lynx? Laughing Laughing



_________________
4 time WNBA Champion, 3rd all time in Assists, Minnesota's own: LINDSAY WHALEN.
hangtyme24



Joined: 21 May 2006
Posts: 2380



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/20/20 6:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
really curious how they plan to re-sign Gray now with bringing in Augustus? Someone have details on their cap space?


That's what i wanna know. I hope to God Gray isn't leaving. She better be signed next. Maybe BayBay will sit out... does she still count against the cap??



_________________
HERE 2 STAY!
WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 9283
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/20/20 6:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hangtyme24 wrote:
toad455 wrote:
really curious how they plan to re-sign Gray now with bringing in Augustus? Someone have details on their cap space?


That's what i wanna know. I hope to God Gray isn't leaving. She better be signed next. Maybe BayBay will sit out... does she still count against the cap??


What if Seimone signed at a minimum deal allowing for Gray to resign ? Anyone have any contract details and how much LA has left on the cap ? I know CP and Nneka are still on old contracts so it could be possible ? Toliver getting max pay , I dont believe TRP got Max . What about sykes ? I dont see her getting max neither. This is all a headache to me Laughing



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
Randy



Joined: 08 Oct 2011
Posts: 9932



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/20/20 6:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sykes is on a rookie deal so what 68k or something. I too am wondering what is going on with Gray. Demanding a trade?



_________________
2019 RebKell Tipping Contest Champion
hangtyme24



Joined: 21 May 2006
Posts: 2380



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/20/20 6:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
hangtyme24 wrote:
toad455 wrote:
really curious how they plan to re-sign Gray now with bringing in Augustus? Someone have details on their cap space?


That's what i wanna know. I hope to God Gray isn't leaving. She better be signed next. Maybe BayBay will sit out... does she still count against the cap??


What if Seimone signed at a minimum deal allowing for Gray to resign ? Anyone have any contract details and how much LA has left on the cap ? I know CP and Nneka are still on old contracts so it could be possible ? Toliver getting max pay , I dont believe TRP got Max . What about sykes ? I dont see her getting max neither. This is all a headache to me Laughing


We're all mind blown lol. I think Sykes should still be on her rookie contract. TRP definitely wasn't maxed out. Idk where the money is coming from or how much we have but I hope we sign Gray ASAP



_________________
HERE 2 STAY!
WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 9283
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/20/20 6:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I honestly dont think gray Re-signing will be an issue. She's Fishers favorite and just did multiple articles over the summer regarding this years upcoming team. Now again ALOT has changed since then *See Toliver , Sykes,Augustus * but id be very surprised and upset if LA went and gave all their money to anyone else other than Chelsea Gray.



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 60514
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/20/20 7:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

By my count LA could sign Gray for about $120k tops.

OTOH, the Sparks are not subject to the same rules as everyone else.



_________________
So where are the strong
And who are the trusted?
And where is the harmony?
Sweet harmony
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 53928



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/20/20 7:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If they cut Mabrey (Wiese would give them even more breathing room) and pay Gray $215K, they can give Augustus $92K. TRP is getting $90K.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 21171



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/20/20 7:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The question is if they can't afford Gray and let her go elsewhere, who starts at PG?



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 53928



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/20/20 8:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
The question is if they can't afford Gray and let her go elsewhere, who starts at PG?


Ever heard of Toliver?

But no, I’d be surprised if Gray is not re-signed. I believe she was the last to sign last year too.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 21171



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/20/20 8:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
toad455 wrote:
The question is if they can't afford Gray and let her go elsewhere, who starts at PG?


Ever heard of Toliver?

But no, I’d be surprised if Gray is not re-signed. I believe she was the last to sign last year too.


She's worth the max, IMO, so I can't imagine the Sparks offering her 100k or so and her being okay with it.



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 9283
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/20/20 8:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Cut Weise and then you have room for max to give Gray. They also would lose a reliable three point shooter , but its not like shes irreplaceable.



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
SpaceJunkie



Joined: 10 Sep 2012
Posts: 4030
Location: Minnesota


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/20/20 10:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
By my count LA could sign Gray for about $120k tops.

OTOH, the Sparks are not subject to the same rules as everyone else.


How does the math work? I, as a proven dummy, have no idea how these cap space numbers get calculated.


pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 60514
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/20/20 10:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:
pilight wrote:
By my count LA could sign Gray for about $120k tops.

OTOH, the Sparks are not subject to the same rules as everyone else.


How does the math work? I, as a proven dummy, have no idea how these cap space numbers get calculated.


You should know more than anyone. After all, you're the space junkie.



_________________
So where are the strong
And who are the trusted?
And where is the harmony?
Sweet harmony
SpaceJunkie



Joined: 10 Sep 2012
Posts: 4030
Location: Minnesota


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/20/20 10:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
You should know more than anyone. After all, you're the space junkie.


Not that kind of space.


WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 9283
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/20/20 11:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:
pilight wrote:
You should know more than anyone. After all, you're the space junkie.


Not that kind of space.


You guys are both 2 main reasons I continue on this board. Laughing



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
J-Spoon



Joined: 31 Jan 2009
Posts: 5486



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/21/20 12:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Can they suspend Williams and go with 11?

something like

Gray/(Toliver)
Toliver/Augustus
Sykes/TRP
Parker/Vadeeva
N. Ogwumike/C. Ogwumike/Gulich or Tolo

1 of Mabrey, Weise or Igupova?


mavcarter
#NAPT


Joined: 02 Sep 2010
Posts: 5299
Location: Chicago


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/21/20 1:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
Can they suspend Williams and go with 11?


Did I miss some news with Williams?



_________________
wrote:
Or maybe said poster should quit being a nuisance when people don’t agree?
J-Spoon



Joined: 31 Jan 2009
Posts: 5486



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/21/20 1:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:
Can they suspend Williams and go with 11?


Did I miss some news with Williams?


Not that I am aware of

but who knows how things play out?

Without any change in circumstance the team probably could have suspended her last season but decided to wait and see


PUmatty



Joined: 10 Nov 2004
Posts: 15139
Location: Chicago


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/21/20 2:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
mavcarter wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:
Can they suspend Williams and go with 11?


Did I miss some news with Williams?


Not that I am aware of

but who knows how things play out?

Without any change in circumstance the team probably could have suspended her last season but decided to wait and see


You can't just suspend someone because you want to. If they are on contract and they show up, you have to pay them or cut them. You can't just tell them to piss off for free because you messed up your cap.


Stormeo



Joined: 14 Jul 2019
Posts: 790
Location: Seattle, WA


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/21/20 2:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:
mavcarter wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:
Can they suspend Williams and go with 11?


Did I miss some news with Williams?


Not that I am aware of

but who knows how things play out?

Without any change in circumstance the team probably could have suspended her last season but decided to wait and see


You can't just suspend someone because you want to. If they are on contract and they show up, you have to pay them or cut them. You can't just tell them to piss off for free because you messed up your cap.


Although if anyone in this league deserves that treatment, it's Riquna "All 18" Williams. Embarassed


Aladyyn



Joined: 23 Jul 2017
Posts: 1503
Location: Czech Republic


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/21/20 2:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
If they cut Mabrey (Wiese would give them even more breathing room) and pay Gray $215K, they can give Augustus $92K. TRP is getting $90K.

That would be silly, Mabrey is probably a better player than Augustus at this point.


Richyyy



Joined: 17 Nov 2005
Posts: 22009
Location: London


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/21/20 2:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

They're fine. https://twitter.com/RichardCohen1/status/1230746080205099009?s=20



_________________
Independent WNBA coverage: http://www.wnbalien.com/
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 13 of 14

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin