RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Los Angeles Sparks 2020
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hangtyme24

PostPosted: 01/21/20 5:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I just wanna know if we're looking for a new GM or will we just promote the assistant GM?! Free agency is around the corner!

PostPosted: 01/21/20 7:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hangtyme24 wrote:
I just wanna know if we're looking for a new GM or will we just promote the assistant GM?! Free agency is around the corner!

I'm wondering the same thing!

pilight

PostPosted: 01/22/20 2:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Alana Beard is retiring

PostPosted: 01/22/20 3:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Heard the news about AB yesterday. One of if not the best on ball defenders of All time. Sad to see her retire. She was one of most exciting to watch in her Duke days. Thanks you Alana!!

PostPosted: 01/22/20 5:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Heard the news about AB yesterday. One of if not the best on ball defenders of All time. Sad to see her retire. She was one of most exciting to watch in her Duke days. Thanks you Alana!!

Im a Lady Vols fan but I always respected her game when she played at Duke and was so excited when she signed in LA. Gonna miss her defense! Thanks for everything Alana!

PostPosted: 01/22/20 5:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Alana Beard is retiring
Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: 01/22/20 7:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Beard retiring does cause a push to sign McCoughtry.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
hangtyme24

PostPosted: 01/22/20 7:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Read on Twitter that the Sparks have extended a qualifying offer to Chelsea Gray, as well as Mariana Tolo. Idk if Tolo will come over during an Olympic year but not mad we're still trying to get her back. Wonder if Vadeeva will show. I also wanna know who's making the GM moves??

PostPosted: 01/22/20 7:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Russia isn't qualifying for the Olympics, so odds are Vadeeva shows up. Tolo would be a bonus even if she's their 12th player.

PG: Gray/Jones
SG: Williams/Weise
SF: McCoughtry/Ruffin-Pratt
PF: Parker/COguwmike/Vadeeva
C: NOguwmike/Brown/Tolo

boom*NNEKA*nneka

PostPosted: 01/22/20 7:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sad to see Beard go, but even after the championship in 2016, I knew we didn't have her for too many years. Thank you to Beard for all her contributions to the team and best luck in her future ventures!

We were already weak at the 2-3 spot, and this makes us even weaker. I'm not sure how Angel would fit in with the roster, but there is a glaring hole that she could definitely help in the short term, especially if she wants to join a contender. Obviously having a GM at this critical time would be wonderful. Sigh.
boom*NNEKA*nneka

PostPosted: 01/22/20 7:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Russia isn't qualifying for the Olympics, so odds are Vadeeva shows up. Tolo would be a bonus even if she's their 12th player.

SG: Williams/Weise
SF: McCoughtry/Ruffin-Pratt
PF: Parker/COguwmike/Vadeeva
C: NOguwmike/Brown/Tolo

-Jones needs to go, she is too inconsistent.
-I would give Mabrey another year. She gave much more than I expected last year, although my expectations were not that high to begin with.
- I like Tolo, but we don't need her this year, especially with the development of Vadeeva and Brown. Five bigs is plenty, but six would be ridiculous.
WfanFrJmp

PostPosted: 01/22/20 9:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:
pilight wrote:
Alana Beard is retiring
Crying or Very sad

Right there with you but sadly, we knew it was coming at some point..

Does this make TRP a must have? I would love to see her stay and for LA to get Angel. I would be awesome to get another ball handler too.

Indeed, who is making these GM moves...hmmm

ChicagoAnnie

PostPosted: 01/23/20 12:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I hope Fisher has a plan for Candace, or at least the PF position. She hasn't been able to play back to backs, or on one days rest for a a few seasons now. That's not a knock on her, she has a lot of mileage on those legs.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 01/23/20 7:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ChicagoAnnie wrote:
I hope Fisher has a plan for Candace, or at least the PF position. She hasn't been able to play back to backs, or on one days rest for a a few seasons now. That's not a knock on her, she has a lot of mileage on those legs.

PostPosted: 01/23/20 8:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

When and where did Alana Beard announce retirement? Happy about Tolo, but too many posts. Trade Parker for a guard and sign Angel. I'm over her half ass.

willtalk

PostPosted: 01/23/20 10:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
ChicagoAnnie wrote:

I disagree it is a knock on her. She just only puts out a certain amount of effort. She never leaves it all out on the floor. She paces herself and that is why she rests the second game. Older players than she have not used that excuse. She did the same thing when she missed most of the season on her return. It's probably a habit she picked up in her prime when she was that much better than most of the other players. If she doesn't want to give a 100 effort then she should just sit out those games instead of jogging up and down the court giving little effort and taking up a spot so no one else can.

PostPosted: 01/23/20 10:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

willtalk wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
ChicagoAnnie wrote:

I disagree it is a knock on her. She just only puts out a certain amount of effort. She never leaves it all out on the floor. She paces herself and that is why she rests the second game. Older players than she have not used that excuse. She did the same thing when she missed most of the season on her return. It's probably a habit she picked up in her prime when she was that much better than most of the other players. If she doesn't want to give a 100 effort then she should just sit out those games instead of jogging up and down the court giving little effort and taking up a spot so no one else can.

This may be true, but Candace Parker's knee has been ruined since she came back too early at Naperville Central so her team could win a state title. None of us have any idea how bad her knee is, how much pain is involved, and what kind of preparation is required for her to get ready to play at the WNBA level.

Sure, some people can play at that level four days a week with no problem, but it's also true some can't, and those with a bad knee that's been a lifetime issue are less likely to. And if you do play a game in some level of pain, you have to make judgments about what to try to do and what not to do.

That said, she's never been a good defender (though we've never seen her with two good knees) and I'm not sure that's because of a lack of effort. It might be, but it also might be that she's just not a good defender.

PostPosted: 01/23/20 10:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hangtyme24 wrote:
Read on Twitter that the Sparks have extended a qualifying offer to Chelsea Gray, as well as Mariana Tolo. Idk if Tolo will come over during an Olympic year but not mad we're still trying to get her back. Wonder if Vadeeva will show. I also wanna know who's making the GM moves??

A qualifying offer just prevents a player from becoming an unrestricted free agent. It doesn’t necessarily mean that player is signing a contract or even that the Sparks want them to sign a contract right now.

I’m not sure why the Sparks would want to be overloaded at post again this season, unless maybe a trade is going down. Brown for McCoughtry? I think Randy and Pilight would be down for that. Get yourself a BIG girl.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
pilight

PostPosted: 01/23/20 1:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Spark4Life wrote:
When and where did Alana Beard announce retirement? Happy about Tolo, but too many posts. Trade Parker for a guard and sign Angel. I'm over her half ass.

https://sparks.wnba.com/news/alana-beard-retires-from-wnba/

Quote:
I am excited for my next chapter and ready to pursue my next career

PostPosted: 02/10/20 12:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Our 3-headed GM is making moves this AM. Took me a minute to come around on the Sykes trade, but getting KT back is 🤯🤯🤯
I'm geeked! Now we need a backup pg and to beg Iagupova to come over and we're ready!

PostPosted: 02/10/20 12:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hangtyme24 wrote:
Our 3-headed GM is making moves this AM. Took me a minute to come around on the Sykes trade, but getting KT back is 🤯🤯🤯
I'm geeked! Now we need a backup pg and to beg Iagupova to come over and we're ready!

You don't need a backup pg with Gray and Toliver

Shades

PostPosted: 02/10/20 12:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hangtyme24 wrote:
Our 3-headed GM is making moves this AM.

Who is exactly is the GM of the Sparks?

hangtyme24 wrote:
Took me a minute to come around on the Sykes trade, but getting KT back is 🤯🤯🤯

Have a feeling they fell into the Toliver one.

hangtyme24 wrote:
Now we need a backup pg

Kicking Alexis Jones and Sydney Wiese to the curb?

hangtyme24 wrote:
beg Iagupova to come over and we're ready!

Somebody’s paying attention.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
toad455

PostPosted: 02/10/20 12:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sparks 2020:

SG: Toliver/Williams/Wiese
SF: Sykes/Mabrey
PF: Parker/Vadeeva
C: Nneka/Chiney/Gulich

mavcarter
#NATC

PostPosted: 02/10/20 12:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Sparks 2020:

Way too early. Laughing

PostPosted: 02/10/20 12:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Sparks 2020:

Imo Sykes is about to replace Jones as her upgrade - Jones ain't worth keeping. They should let at least one of Mabrey & Wiese go; they're just too similar to belong on the same roster. And will Tolo be making a comeback here?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 10 of 18

Jump to: