RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

It’s Almost Time!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hoopsmom

PostPosted: 09/13/19 5:59 am    ::: It’s Almost Time! Reply Reply with quote

Only 11 days until practices start for our girls. Some teams maybe a few more, some a few less, depending on the date of their first game, but pretty much in the two week range now. I have to say that I love looking at social media now, and seeing all the pre-preseason hype posts and videos that are starting to come out!

Howee

PostPosted: 09/13/19 3:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

"It's the most wonderful time of the year.....!" Cool Laughing

PostPosted: 09/15/19 4:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yes the girls are about to get started.We already got flights set and hotels booked!!!We ready.

Hoopsmom

PostPosted: 09/17/19 8:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

We have our hotels booked in several cities, but still need to book our flights for Vegas. I am very excited about going to the game in Boston!

summertime blues

PostPosted: 09/17/19 9:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Can't wait for the season to start here in Harrisonburg, VA. This will be our last season in the Convo Center. Next year we move to the brand new Atlantic Union Bank Center which is going up rapidly. It will seat somewhere upwards of 8,000 fans. Go Dukes!

PostPosted: 09/24/19 7:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

First day of official practice today for at least some teams. I would expect to start seeing some preseason hype, polls, etc. I have been craving this! I do watch the WNBA, and men’s college ball is fun to watch, but women’s college basketball is so much more enjoyable, at least for me. It is TIME!!!

ClayK

PostPosted: 09/24/19 9:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Which means the horde of college coaches showing up at open gyms is about to end.

It's pretty amazing, really. In California, all that's allowed for high schools is uncoached scrimmaging, yet you'll see multiple college coaches at a lot of gyms. Well, at least up to now, when practice starts.

PostPosted: 09/24/19 10:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That is all that is allowed in Minnesota as well. Even the organized fall ball, where they play two games against other schools every weekend throughout October and early November, is uncoached. Some teams have a parent step in, but sometimes the girls prefer to coach themselves, which is what our girls have always done. Local D2 and D3 coaches show up in droves for that.

ClayK

PostPosted: 09/24/19 3:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hoopsmom wrote:
That is all that is allowed in Minnesota as well. Even the organized fall ball, where they play two games against other schools every weekend throughout October and early November, is uncoached. Some teams have a parent step in, but sometimes the girls prefer to coach themselves, which is what our girls have always done. Local D2 and D3 coaches show up in droves for that.

The D2 and D3 coaches in California are incredibly lazy. It's really amazing ...

We run a tournament that had 148 high school teams last year, and will probably get about 128 this year, and D2 and D3 coaches are conspicuous by their absence.

PostPosted: 11/03/19 9:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Just think - At this time two days from now, we will be discussing the results of the first games! So excited for my flight to Boston - my lungs are ready to cheer loud!

Howee

PostPosted: 11/03/19 10:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hoopsmom wrote:
Just think - At this time two days from now, we will be discussing the results of the first games! So excited for my flight to Boston - my lungs are ready to cheer loud!

That's awesome....do you get to attend most of your daughter's games?
(....just don't forget to post your Tipping Game predictions first! Razz )

PostPosted: 11/03/19 11:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
Hoopsmom wrote:

That's awesome....do you get to attend most of your daughter's games?
(....just don't forget to post your Tipping Game predictions first! Razz )

Yes, we will be at most of her home games and a few of the away games. The funny thing is that some of her away games are a shorter drive for us. We will also attend the tournament in Vegas. I wish we could go to South Carolina, but it is too close to Christmas and a very hectic time at work.

Howee

PostPosted: 11/06/19 10:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Didjya have fun in Boston? I saw Hannah had a solid game! Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: