RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

Minnesota Lynx 2020
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
myrtle



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 26592



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/06/20 6:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
But at #6, the Lynx wanted someone who could contribute right away.


Good luck with that.



_________________
“Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.”
― Maya Angelou
pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 60778
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/06/20 7:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
The ?? player isn't Dantas, so I'm curious who that is


https://www.instagram.com/ashcan1214/?hl=en



_________________
So where are the strong
And who are the trusted?
And where is the harmony?
Sweet harmony
SpaceJunkie



Joined: 10 Sep 2012
Posts: 4071
Location: Minnesota


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/06/20 8:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
We get it. You have been saying this for over two years no. The obsession with Howard is becoming akin to a certain poster's Prahalis comments.


Shades & I aren't the same person and Prahalis hadn't already proven to be one of the league's best players and the Mercury getting rid of her didn't guarantee another team would win several more titles before they ever win again.




Last edited by SpaceJunkie on 05/06/20 11:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
SpaceJunkie



Joined: 10 Sep 2012
Posts: 4071
Location: Minnesota


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/06/20 8:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Quote:
Here is my belief [on starting lineup]: Fowles and Dantas at center and power forward, respectively. Napheesa Collier at small forward. Zandalasini at off guard and Odyssey Sims as the primary ball-handler.

Yes, Sims.

There has been a lot of talk about her not playing this year. But the Lynx remain convinced she will be on the team when things get going.


Hmm... I guess that means she’s fairly far along?


I am outraged because if men could get pregnant and an NBA player supposedly was pregnant we'd know everything about his, and whatever is growing inside of him's, status, or if it was just made up rumors, and not have to guess.
If Sims is playing right away and Zandalasini is a starter, what was the purpose of trading (even if it cost nothing) for Shenise Johnson when already acquired Banham? Where are the Lexie Brown minutes going to come from then?! Or was Reeve so impressed by Shenise Johnson's performance against the Lynx in 2015 she wanted to have the privilede of personally handing her checks?
Then that means Erica Ogwumike 100% won't make the team. Nothing good can happen to the Lynx by acquring an Ogwumike just to cut. Now the Lynx will probably never beat the Sparks again!




Last edited by SpaceJunkie on 05/07/20 9:21 am; edited 1 time in total
WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 9483
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/07/20 7:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sims should be near her last trimester , she was pretty huge attending the Baylor Games towards the end of the season with her bo !



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
SpaceJunkie



Joined: 10 Sep 2012
Posts: 4071
Location: Minnesota


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/07/20 8:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Sims should be near her last trimester , she was pretty huge attending the Baylor Games towards the end of the season with her bo !


The guy in the (two-time World Champion) Florida Marlins hat? https://twitter.com/DorothyJGentry/status/1235767370368630784


CamrnCrz1974



Joined: 18 Nov 2004
Posts: 18155
Location: Phoenix


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/07/20 10:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:
CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
We get it. You have been saying this for over two years no. The obsession with Howard is becoming akin to a certain poster's Prahalis comments.


Shades & I aren't the same person and Prahalis hadn't already proven to be one of the league's best players and the Mercury getting rid of her didn't guarantee another team would win several more titles before they ever win again.


Was not referring to you.


SpaceJunkie



Joined: 10 Sep 2012
Posts: 4071
Location: Minnesota


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/07/20 11:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
SpaceJunkie wrote:
CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
We get it. You have been saying this for over two years no. The obsession with Howard is becoming akin to a certain poster's Prahalis comments.


Shades & I aren't the same person and Prahalis hadn't already proven to be one of the league's best players and the Mercury getting rid of her didn't guarantee another team would win several more titles before they ever win again.


Was not referring to you.


In other sports, fans are usually hate their team's coach/GM/whoever for doing stupid things (if the goal is winning) and complain about them forever, like the Timberwolves not drafting Stephen Curry, the Bears drafting the wrong quarterback, or when Reeve announced that either she is one of the worst coaches in WNBA history and/or she'd rather see the Seattle Storm win at least 5 or 6 titles and be known as the only dynasty in WNBA history besides the Comets, (rather than Lynx), by making, what was obvious at the time, and proved to be, the most lopsided trade in the history of the WNBA, if not all of sports.




Last edited by SpaceJunkie on 05/07/20 11:28 am; edited 4 times in total
Randy



Joined: 08 Oct 2011
Posts: 10101



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/07/20 11:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Sims should be near her last trimester , she was pretty huge attending the Baylor Games towards the end of the season with her bo !


The guy in the (two-time World Champion) Florida Marlins hat? https://twitter.com/DorothyJGentry/status/1235767370368630784


Both look almost bored to tears, esp. the guy.



_________________
2019 RebKell Tipping Contest Champion
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 54242



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/07/20 12:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Sims should be near her last trimester , she was pretty huge attending the Baylor Games towards the end of the season with her bo !


The guy in the (two-time World Champion) Florida Marlins hat? https://twitter.com/DorothyJGentry/status/1235767370368630784


If that was Sims two months ago, she must be close to delivering.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 54242



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/07/20 6:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Court affirms ruling vacating man’s convictions
https://molawyersmedia.com/2020/05/06/court-affirms-ruling-vacating-mans-convictions/

Quote:

A Missouri appeals court has upheld a lower-court decision vacating the convictions of a man whose 1997 robbery case has received national attention, thanks to the advocacy of a WNBA player. On April 28, a three-judge panel of the Western District Court of Appeals sided with Jonathan H. Irons, who was 16 when he was accused



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Stormeo



Joined: 14 Jul 2019
Posts: 1035
Location: Seattle, WA


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/07/20 6:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Court affirms ruling vacating man’s convictions
https://molawyersmedia.com/2020/05/06/court-affirms-ruling-vacating-mans-convictions/

Quote:
A Missouri appeals court has upheld a lower-court decision vacating the convictions of a man whose 1997 robbery case has received national attention, thanks to the advocacy of a WNBA player. On April 28, a three-judge panel of the Western District Court of Appeals sided with Jonathan H. Irons, who was 16 when he was accused


Wow. They really reduced one of the greatest and most accomplished basketball players in the world - in this kind of context - down to "a WNBA player", unnamed, in the first paragraph. Evil or Very Mad
Her name is Maya Moore, put some goddamn respeck on it Exclamation Exclamation



_________________
"It's not a game of 'how-to', it's a game of 'when-to'." –Sue Bird, on basketball but probably also life
Randy



Joined: 08 Oct 2011
Posts: 10101



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/07/20 8:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Be nice if we could read the whole article.



_________________
2019 RebKell Tipping Contest Champion
ChiSky54



Joined: 19 Jun 2019
Posts: 40
Location: Chicago


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/07/20 8:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Try this one; it's the case summary:

https://www.courtlistener.com/pdf/2020/04/28/state_of_missouri_ex_rel_eric_s._schmitt_v._the_honorble_daniel_r._green.pdf

Glad she got to see the fruit of her labor! Very Happy



_________________
There is nothing new under the sun.
SpaceJunkie



Joined: 10 Sep 2012
Posts: 4071
Location: Minnesota


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/07/20 8:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Be nice if we could read the whole article.


Here's an article I found. I guess the news was from April 28.

https://www.newstribune.com/news/missouri/story/2020/apr/28/appeals-court-upholds-ruling-overturning-jonathan-irons-conviction/825759/


Randy



Joined: 08 Oct 2011
Posts: 10101



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/07/20 9:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thanks. I guess he is still on the hook if the DA wants to retry the case - but they have to decided to do so by tomorrow. Seems like it would be rather foolish, since the finger prints can't be used and the alleged witness to the the "confession" is dead (and it seems never testified in the first trial). But DA's can be very stubborn so who knows.



_________________
2019 RebKell Tipping Contest Champion
justintyme



Joined: 08 Jul 2012
Posts: 8207
Location: Northfield, MN


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/08/20 7:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Thanks. I guess he is still on the hook if the DA wants to retry the case - but they have to decided to do so by tomorrow. Seems like it would be rather foolish, since the finger prints can't be used and the alleged witness to the the "confession" is dead (and it seems never testified in the first trial). But DA's can be very stubborn so who knows.

Yeah, appealing the ruling involved filling out some briefs and making a filing. It was not exactly a huge burden as far as time or resources go for the prosecutor's office.

Retrying the case would involve a significantly bigger commitment. Not to mention the media attention a retrial would almost certainly bring, which would make a loss embarrassing for the prosecutor. So unless that prosecutor is certain he can get a conviction (which seems highly improbable based on the previous ones being overturned for lack of evidence), he will in all likelihood decline to recharge.



_________________
↑↑↓↓←→←→BA
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 54242



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/08/20 9:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I wonder if Missouri is concerned about civil liabilities stemming from an overturned case considering he’s been in jail for the majority of his life.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
justintyme



Joined: 08 Jul 2012
Posts: 8207
Location: Northfield, MN


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/08/20 12:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
I wonder if Missouri is concerned about civil liabilities stemming from an overturned case considering he’s been in jail for the majority of his life.

Typically you only are on the hook for liability if you prove prosecutorial misconduct (or police misconduct if it was on that side).

Some states have passed laws where they will automatically compensate for people found wrongfully convicted, but, by and large, jury verdicts are considered due process served even if they "got it wrong" in hindsight.



_________________
↑↑↓↓←→←→BA
Richyyy



Joined: 17 Nov 2005
Posts: 22180
Location: London


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/09/20 8:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sims gave birth several weeks ago, apparently: https://www.startribune.com/lynx-guard-odyssey-sims-learning-growing-a-lot-as-a-new-mom/570345261/



_________________
Independent WNBA coverage: http://www.wnbalien.com/
toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 21540



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/10/20 8:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Sims gave birth several weeks ago, apparently: https://www.startribune.com/lynx-guard-odyssey-sims-learning-growing-a-lot-as-a-new-mom/570345261/


I wonder if she'd be ready to play if the league starts up by August 1?



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Randy



Joined: 08 Oct 2011
Posts: 10101



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/10/20 10:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Would she be eligible for pregnancy leave? If so, why play when you get paid in full?



_________________
2019 RebKell Tipping Contest Champion
myrtle



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 26592



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/10/20 10:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Would she be eligible for pregnancy leave? If so, why play when you get paid in full?


because you love the game and want to play as much as possible?



_________________
“Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.”
― Maya Angelou
Randy



Joined: 08 Oct 2011
Posts: 10101



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/10/20 12:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Randy wrote:
Would she be eligible for pregnancy leave? If so, why play when you get paid in full?


because you love the game and want to play as much as possible?


Come to think of it babies are high maintenance. Might want some social distance.



_________________
2019 RebKell Tipping Contest Champion
Richyyy



Joined: 17 Nov 2005
Posts: 22180
Location: London


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/10/20 2:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yes, under the new CBA if you're unable to play as a result of pregnancy you get paid in full for as long as that is the case. It's a rare bit of the agreement that actually feels PR-influenced, because there's no qualification at all on what 'A player who cannot render the services required under her Standard Player Contract as a result of her pregnancy' specifically means. If you're out, and it's due to pregnancy, you get paid until the contract runs out.



_________________
Independent WNBA coverage: http://www.wnbalien.com/
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 21 of 23

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin