RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Minnesota Lynx 2020
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 27, 28, 29  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 09/15/19 10:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Looks like Banham is an RFA next year - along with C. Williams, J. Jones, Holmes and UFA Stricken on the Sun. Sun will have some hard choices to make. So next year is a prime opportunity for the Lynx to go after Banham - should they?

They went after Lexie Brown instead of Banham, so I don’t think there’s any real interest there. She’s injured all the time making her too big of a risk.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Shades

PostPosted: 09/15/19 10:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LynxFan32 wrote:

why would Mone mention Maya, she may not know if she will be back next season. I am pretty sure she does not hate Maya for taking the year off.....I think your interpretations are good for the most part but the one about Mone and Coach are kind of iffy

Unless you actually listened to the interviews, it would be hard for you to say either way. Did you listen?

Reeve acknowledges Maya’s existence but Augustus never does. Not even a “If Maya does come back, we’ll be a force again.” She names just about everybody on the team except Maya, who is signed to play next year (unlike Augustus). Somebody needs to ask Augustus directly about Maya and see what she says. Seems like a bit of resentment there.

What do you think I’m off about with Reeve?

justintyme

PostPosted: 09/15/19 11:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
LynxFan32 wrote:

why would Mone mention Maya, she may not know if she will be back next season. I am pretty sure she does not hate Maya for taking the year off.....I think your interpretations are good for the most part but the one about Mone and Coach are kind of iffy

Unless you actually listened to the interviews, it would be hard for you to say either way. Did you listen?

Reeve acknowledges Maya’s existence but Augustus never does. Not even a “If Maya does come back, we’ll be a force again.” She names just about everybody on the team except Maya, who is signed to play next year (unlike Augustus). Somebody needs to ask Augustus directly about Maya and see what she says. Seems like a bit of resentment there.

It could be that, or it could also be her respecting Maya's space to make her own decision with no outside pressure.

I honestly have no knowledge of anything to make me think one way or another on it. It gets tricky when we try to read into things not said. And both, imo, would be reasonable reactions for her to be having to the situation.

PostPosted: 09/15/19 11:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Randy wrote:
Looks like Banham is an RFA next year - along with C. Williams, J. Jones, Holmes and UFA Stricken on the Sun. Sun will have some hard choices to make. So next year is a prime opportunity for the Lynx to go after Banham - should they?

They went after Lexie Brown instead of Banham, so I don’t think there’s any real interest there. She’s injured all the time making her too big of a risk.

I'm assuming the Sun made Lexie Brown available in the first place.
Since I'm not the FA guru Shades (who gave us Dantas last year) is, who actually out there that is going to be a FA that would be an upgrade over anybody on the Lynx (e.g. D-Rob) that would be obtainable (I refuse to believe the Lynx have a chance to sign VanderQuigs)?

Randy

PostPosted: 09/15/19 11:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Looks to me like Powers is the prize of the RFA class - not because she's the best one available, but because it looks like DC has too many guaranteed contracts (EDD, Messeman, Cloud, Tolliver, Hawkins, Sanders) to add another.

SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 09/15/19 11:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Looks to me like Powers is the prize of the RFA class - not because she's the best one available, but because it looks like DC has too many guaranteed contracts (EDD, Messeman, Cloud, Tolliver, Hawkins, Sanders) to add another.

Where do you see all this contract stuff?

Shades

PostPosted: 09/15/19 11:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Vanderquigs would be sweet, if the Lynx could somehow swing it under the new CBA.

But instead of being the impossible dreamer, I’m setting my sights a little lower with an Ionescu acquisition.

Randy

PostPosted: 09/15/19 11:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:
Randy wrote:

Where do you see all this contract stuff?

https://www.spotrac.com/wnba/washington-mystics/contracts/

It's in the thread on Megdal's database.

http://boards.rebkell.net/viewtopic.php?t=96360

Note that I'm assuming that the Mystics will renew all the players they have now whose contracts expired this season. They also recently extended Hawkins. So they could let EDD, Messeman or Tolliver go to sign Powers. I don't think they would do that.

SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 09/15/19 11:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Note that I'm assuming that the Mystics will renew all the players they have now whose contracts expired this season. They also recently extended Hawkins. So they could let EDD, Messeman or Tolliver go to sign Powers. I don't think they would do that.

Or they can just sign Toliver or someone to a non-guaranteed contract with the idea that they'll never cut her, assuming they have enough money.

Shades

PostPosted: 09/15/19 11:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Looks to me like Powers is the prize of the RFA class - not because she's the best one available, but because it looks like DC has too many guaranteed contracts (EDD, Messeman, Cloud, Toliver, Hawkins, Sanders) to add another.

In 2020, only Cloud and Sanders have guaranteed contracts.

So it’s not like ATL’s situation last season where they had 6 players already having guaranteed contracts. Not everybody on your list needs to be signed to a guaranteed contract.

And the new CBA may change the guidelines for guaranteed contracts.

So it’s hard to make any hardcore proposals without seeing the new CBA.

Randy

PostPosted: 09/15/19 11:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades - how do you know Hawkins isn't guaranteed?

If they don't offer guaranteed contracts to Emma, Elena and Kristi someone else might. Why play for a team that is not going to pay you if you get injured when another team will?

Shades

PostPosted: 09/15/19 12:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
If they don't offer guaranteed contracts to those players someone else might. Why play for a team that is not going to pay you if you get injured when another team will?

You can’t think of one player that’s unsigned right now that the Mystics would take care of no matter what? 🤔

Randy

PostPosted: 09/15/19 12:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Randy wrote:
If they don't offer guaranteed contracts to those players someone else might. Why play for a team that is not going to pay you if you get injured when another team will?

You can’t think of one player that’s unsigned right now that the Mystics would take care of no matter what? 🤔

I assume everybody plays by the rules. Perhaps I'm foolish. In the end, it seems Lynx fans don't think Powers will be attainable so I defer to your judgement. Collen you listening?

Shades

PostPosted: 09/15/19 12:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Shades wrote:
Randy wrote:

I assume everybody plays by the rules. Perhaps I'm foolish. In the end, it seems Lynx fans don't think Powers will be attainable so I defer to your judgement.

As far as I know, there would have been nothing against the rules if Seattle would have paid and gave Stewart a roster spot this season even though she’s not guaranteed. That’s what CON did with Ogwumike in 2015 (but not 2017....ouch!). But the league took care of that little dilemma for SEA.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 09/15/19 12:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Powers signed a contract extension before the start of this season.

PostPosted: 09/15/19 12:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Powers signed a contract extension before the start of this season.

That's what I get for relying on Megdal. Embarassed

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 09/15/19 7:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
LynxFan32 wrote:

She’s respecting Maya’s decision . She spoke of her on her Instagram live feed a few weeks ago. She’s still in contact as is Maya with the entire team so there is some type of communication just not sure of the depth.

PostPosted: 09/15/19 8:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://www.facebook.com/MooreMaya/posts/2436244023079352

Quote:
Ahead of a big announcement Monday and appearance at the Black Congressional Caucus on Friday, enjoyed spending an afternoon with the young people at Sidwell Friends talking about #justice and our collective duty to seek it.

The picture does not make it look like she's in game shape

PostPosted: 09/15/19 8:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Maya Moore to make an important announcement tomorrow.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Randy

PostPosted: 09/15/19 9:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:

Maybe she is going to run for Congress.

justintyme

PostPosted: 09/15/19 9:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:

It almost certainly has something to do with Mr. Irons.

There was supposed to be an evidentiary hearing in September, and she has some event coming up on Tuesday for The Marshall Project where she's a guest speaker

PostPosted: 09/16/19 9:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://beta.washingtonpost.com/sports/wnba/maya-moore-dedicating-wnba-hiatus-to-criminal-justice-reform/2019/09/16/4b539484-d86b-11e9-a1a5-162b8a9c9ca2_story.html?noredirect=on

Quote:
As far as returning to the basketball court, Moore said she’s still uncertain.
“I’ll figure it out when the time’s right. Definitely not thinking about it right now. There’s so much on my plate to prioritize. When I released the Player’s Tribune article I said I wanted to take a full year. I won’t be a pro basketball player for a year. Maybe sometime this spring I’ll figure out what’s next. For now I’m trying to be in the moment. It’s a wild journey I’m on. Trying to take it literally one week at a time.”

PostPosted: 09/16/19 9:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I would hope with her strong connection with Reeve and the Lynx that she'd inform them by draft day if she's returning. if not, the Lynx should take a guard at #6(Charles? Pivec?).

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
rykhala

PostPosted: 09/16/19 10:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Maybe she is going to run for Congress.[/quote]

There are some US Senate openings in the state of Georgia...

GEF34

PostPosted: 09/17/19 1:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
myrtle wrote:
adamj95 wrote:
zune69 wrote:
If Minnesota can get a lottery pick for Fowles. they should make the trade.

I highly doubt that would happen. Fowles likely won’t play for any other team. I believe she stated that she wants to retire in Minny after signing a contract extension.

She's 34 years old and not getting younger. I'm not sure why another team would want to do that anyway.

A team that does need help at C is Dallas. Maybe Dallas thinks next year's roster is a good center away from contention once the pieces all get healthy? Fowles ain't worth a lottery pick straight-up imo. Maybe Dallas tries to send over the #9 Pick + two of IMS, Gustafson, the #15 Pick, or the #21 Pick; or even just the #9 Pick + Anigwe if Agler didn't jibe with her. Minny would probably understandably demand #9, Anigwe, and another add-on. (This all assumes Reeve doesn't think Anigwe's a bonehead)
That kind of outline of a trade seems even-sided and realistic to me, especially if Reeve too thinks Fowles' time in Minny has run its course, and if Fowles can commit at least 3 years to Dallas. Dallas just has so many pieces to it that would be valuable elsewhere, and not many other teams have still-good starting centers that they'd consider trading...

And honestly, it doesn't matter if a player wants to retire on a specific team if the decision-makers of that team don't want her there anymore. Fowles will likely stay on the roster through next year, but I'm sure Reeve will be listening to offers until then.

It matters in the sense that if she won’t play for another team she has no trade value. I don’t see any team trading anything of value for a player who will never suit up for them. And she has already shown she will sit out instead of play in a situation that doesn’t fit with her desires, so I don’t see why other teams won’t take her at her word that she won’t play for another team.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 27, 28, 29  Next
Page 3 of 29

Jump to: