RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Minnesota Lynx 2020
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 27, 28, 29  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
toad455

PostPosted: 09/12/19 1:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Brazil doesn't look strong enough to qualify for the Olympics, so they'll likely get Dantas next season. If Moore returns, does Collier come off the bench and becomes their 6th woman?

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
justintyme

PostPosted: 09/12/19 2:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Brazil doesn't look strong enough to qualify for the Olympics, so they'll likely get Dantas next season. If Moore returns, does Collier come off the bench and becomes their 6th woman?

No. She would almost certainly move to the 4 with Dantas off the bench.

You could theoretically play some crazy lineups with potentially Moore at the 2, with Collier defending the 2.

Basically, I think Moore has the offensive skillset to play the 2, but lacks the defensive ability there. Collier I don't think quite has the offensive ability yet, but does have the defensive ability. So a nifty little offensive/defensive flip between the two of them could work in fun ways--and create some hellish mismatches the other way.

PostPosted: 09/12/19 2:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So long as Moore does in fact come back, they'll keep Fowles and try to contend again. I don't see why starting Moore at the 2 wouldn't work; Augustus no longer has a solid claim to that spot and Moore should still have the handles and shooting to be successful there imo. Update: som’o’y’all are saying Zandalasini will show up to camp next year:

PG: Sims/Robinson
SG: Moore/Brown/Augustus
SF: Collier/Talbot or Zandalasini/KCK
PF: Dantas/Shepard
C: Fowles

I say Talbot or Zandalasini since they seem too similar to both make the roster, to me, unless one of them wants minutes at the 4. And if the front office is afraid one of Mompremier or Hebard won't be there at 6 to be their backup C, they could try and move up in the draft (#6 + either Talbot or Zandalasini, and/or #14 for #4? Atlanta would consider that deal, as they're on record saying they need shooting and this draft doesn't really have good shooters tbh). The Lynx would still only have four true post players if Fagbenle isn't showing up next season, but both Collier and Moore can of course play the 4 at times, so it's not as concerning. And who knows, maybe they don't bring free agents Robinson and/or Augustus(?) back and it opens up another spot for someone, but leaving either out in a contending scenario seems unlikely to me.

Last edited by Stormeo on 09/13/19 1:26 am; edited 2 times in total
pilight

PostPosted: 09/12/19 4:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Cheryl Reeve's contract, Maya Moore's status top Lynx to-do list

http://www.startribune.com/cheryl-reeve-s-contract-maya-moore-s-status-top-lynx-to-do-list/560153232/

Quote:
There are no indications that Reeve is looking to go elsewhere, but getting her under contract is Job 1.

PostPosted: 09/12/19 6:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So assuming that Sims is convicted or pleads to some charge related to her DUI, does she get suspended for a game or two at the start of the 2020 season? I suppose if charges are dropped there would be no penalty.

SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 09/12/19 7:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
So assuming that Sims is convicted or pleads to some charge related to her DUI, does she get suspended for a game or two at the start of the 2020 season? I suppose if charges are dropped there would be no penalty.

I believe so.

toad455

PostPosted: 09/12/19 8:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Is Christmas-Kelly under contract with them? I thought she only signed a one-year deal? Italy didn't qualify for the Olympic qualifiers, so hopefully Zandalasini comes over. They do need post help assuming Fagbenle doesn't show up. Hebert's likely their best choice.

justintyme

PostPosted: 09/12/19 9:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Is Christmas-Kelly under contract with them? I thought she only signed a one-year deal? Italy didn't qualify for the Olympic qualifiers, so hopefully Zandalasini comes over. They do need post help assuming Fagbenle doesn't show up. Hebert's likely their best choice.

3 year deal.

Zanadalasini plans to be here and play the entire season.

Tami is the only question mark.

PostPosted: 09/12/19 10:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
3 year deal.

Shocked

PostPosted: 09/13/19 8:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

What do people think about Crystal Dangerfield as a potential draft pick at 6? Especially if they move on from DRob?

PostPosted: 09/13/19 9:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
What do people think about Crystal Dangerfield as a potential draft pick at 6? Especially if they move on from DRob?

They have Lexie Brown for that. Lynx need a post if Fagbenle doesn't show up.

justintyme

PostPosted: 09/13/19 9:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
justintyme wrote:

They have Lexie Brown for that. Lynx need a post if Fagbenle doesn't show up.

This would allow them to movie either Lexie or Sims to the 2, which would be a better fit, imo.

Posts they have Shepard and Dantas still. And still don't know about Brunson.

It should be clear that post play is not the problem on the Lynx. They lack a solid ball handling PG with outside shooting ability that can space the floor for Fowles and the other posts.

I mean, it's to the point where if Maya actually came back you look to package her and whatever else you need and try to get Ionescu....

And why are we so certain that Temi is much of a question mark here?

PostPosted: 09/13/19 10:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:

Well she skipped the first half of this season largely just to rest for EuroBasket. If we somehow make it through the Olympic qualifiers in February, it seems reasonably likely that she'd skip the first half of next season to get ready for the Olympics.

I'd imagine she might well show up for the second half again, though.

PostPosted: 09/13/19 10:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
justintyme wrote:

Well she skipped the first half of this season largely just to rest for EuroBasket. If we somehow make it through the Olympic qualifiers in February, it seems reasonably likely that she'd skip the first half of next season to get ready for the Olympics.

I don't want to disparage GB, but (I know, I know, this is like, "no offense, but...") isn't that really a bit of a long shot?

I mean, if it happens they have to deal with it and adjust their plans, but it probably isn't something I would center the building of my team around?

PostPosted: 09/13/19 10:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:

justintyme wrote:

Huh? Surprised

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Richyyy

PostPosted: 09/13/19 10:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
justintyme wrote:

I don't want to disparage GB, but (I know, I know, this is like, "no offense, but...") isn't that really a bit of a long shot?

I mean, if it happens they have to deal with it and adjust their plans, but it probably isn't something I would center the building of my team around?

The biggest part of the long-shot was finishing top-6 in EuroBasket in the first place, which we've done. It's now down to 12-from-16, once the other regions work out who their pre-qualifiers are (or 10-from-14, considering Japan and the US are through, even though they'll be playing). Obviously the draw will be key, but at this point we're in with a decent chance.

PostPosted: 09/13/19 11:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
justintyme wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
justintyme wrote:

The biggest part of the long-shot was finishing top-6 in EuroBasket in the first place, which we've done. It's now down to 12-from-16, once the other regions work out who their pre-qualifiers are (or 10-from-14, considering Japan and the US are through, even though they'll be playing). Obviously the draw will be key, but at this point we're in with a decent chance.

Ahh gotcha.

I'm pulling for you all. Thought it was a longer shot than it was still. Happy to hear it isn't. Very Happy

I would still focus on point before post. Piecing together a half a year without Temi is going to be easier than fixing the systemic issue that plagued the team this year at the guard position.

PostPosted: 09/13/19 11:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
justintyme wrote:

justintyme wrote:

Huh? Surprised

Yeah, I get the way that sounds. Laughing

My first post was answering the direct questions posed with the things I knew for a fact. I know that KCK is on a 3 year deal, and I know with a great deal of reliability that Zandalasini wants to, and plans to, be here for the entire year.

The last part Temi remains the question mark, as I don't have any knowledge for certain on her situation.

My second post was more of a "should we just assume that she really is that much of a question mark" that the team wouldn't do what they can to bring her back, and I was thinking (incorrectly as Richyyy kindly pointed out) it was a long shot she would be playing in the Olympics.

Anyway, two different posts, two entirely different trains of thought.

PostPosted: 09/13/19 11:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
I would still focus on point before post. Piecing together a half a year without Temi is going to be easier than fixing the systemic issue that plagued the team this year at the guard position.

Oh absolutely. Much as I love Temi and she's absolutely vital for us, the Lynx won't be making any key decisions based on whether she'll be there or not. If you have to sign and occasionally use a Coates/Alleyne-level player instead, no huge deal.

PostPosted: 09/14/19 11:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/d63joeC9ce4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Shades

PostPosted: 09/14/19 1:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
Shades wrote:
justintyme wrote:

justintyme wrote:

Huh? Surprised

Yeah, I get the way that sounds. Laughing

My first post was answering the direct questions posed with the things I knew for a fact. I know that KCK is on a 3 year deal, and I know with a great deal of reliability that Zandalasini wants to, and plans to, be here for the entire year.

The last part Temi remains the question mark, as I don't have any knowledge for certain on her situation.

My second post was more of a "should we just assume that she really is that much of a question mark" that the team wouldn't do what they can to bring her back, and I was thinking (incorrectly as Richyyy kindly pointed out) it was a long shot she would be playing in the Olympics.

Anyway, two different posts, two entirely different trains of thought.

If the Lynx front line can stay healthy, I don’t think Fagbenle will be used much. Whenever Fowles is on the bench, that’s when the Lynx can run the Dantas-Shepard-Collier sets that we’re pretty successful. If Collier or Maya is used as a starter PF (which I’m confident WON’T happen), then Dantas will be the preferred minutes behind Fowles. If injuries happen in the frontline, then Fagbenle can come in handy.

Shades

PostPosted: 09/14/19 2:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Info and my interpretation of season-ending interviews.

Robinson: She’d like to return if the Lynx will have her.
She’s playing offseason in Poland.

Collier: What she needs to work on (probably guided by Reeve) - Three point shot, quicker release, ball handling (to move to SG?).
She’s looking to play in China.

Fowles: She’s not playing overseas, but she’s part of that “Designated Eight” for Team USA, so she’ll be headed to Puerto Rico for AmeriCup.

Sims: Had fun. See’s herself being here in the future. Feels the need to cut down on her turnovers.
Hasn’t decided about overseas ball. I wonder if she’ll be with Team USA at AmeriCup.

Augustus: Reiterates that Collier is the face of team. Again, no mention of Maya from Augustus. Makes me think she resents Maya, maybe for long term stuff and taking this season off.

Dantas: Loves the team. She’ll be back, as she said in the above video. She thinks Brazil will be in the Olympics. She’ll be headed to AmeriCup to help them qualify.

Reeve: She was asked directly if she wanted DRob back, so she had the opportunity to assure everyone that she would be back, but she totally sidetrack the answer into wondering about the new CBA and wondering what’s out there in free agency.

With Maya, she felt they wouldn’t have to prepare the offseason any differently. Just plug her in and go. But later on she said they didn’t need to do as much this offseason as last season, but they’d be “open to change”. Well, since they already committed to Fowles, and Reeve was really excited about Dantas, Maya would be the only big change left. My interpretation of all of Reeve’s vagaries is she’d be open to a Maya trade if it was a worthy one.

Reeve exhibited the most excitement about Dantas, so I don’t interpret that as she’ll be put in a strictly backup role. Unless the Lynx make a huge free agent signing, I see Dantas as the starting PF.

LynxFan32

PostPosted: 09/14/19 11:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Info and my interpretation of season-ending interviews.

Robinson: She’d like to return if the Lynx will have her.
She’s playing offseason in Poland.

Collier: What she needs to work on (probably guided by Reeve) - Three point shot, quicker release, ball handling (to move to SG?).
She’s looking to play in China.

Fowles: She’s not playing overseas, but she’s part of that “Designated Eight” for Team USA, so she’ll be headed to Puerto Rico for AmeriCup.

Sims: Had fun. See’s herself being here in the future. Feels the need to cut down on her turnovers.
Hasn’t decided about overseas ball. I wonder if she’ll be with Team USA at AmeriCup.

Augustus: Reiterates that Collier is the face of team. Again, no mention of Maya from Augustus. Makes me think she resents Maya, maybe for long term stuff and taking this season off.

Dantas: Loves the team. She’ll be back, as she said in the above video. She thinks Brazil will be in the Olympics. She’ll be headed to AmeriCup to help them qualify.

Reeve: She was asked directly if she wanted DRob back, so she had the opportunity to assure everyone that she would be back, but she totally sidetrack the answer into wondering about the new CBA and wondering what’s out there in free agency.

With Maya, she felt they wouldn’t have to prepare the offseason any differently. Just plug her in and go. But later on she said they didn’t need to do as much this offseason as last season, but they’d be “open to change”. Well, since they already committed to Fowles, and Reeve was really excited about Dantas, Maya would be the only big change left. My interpretation of all of Reeve’s vagaries is she’d be open to a Maya trade if it was a worthy one.

Reeve exhibited the most excitement about Dantas, so I don’t interpret that as she’ll be put in a strictly backup role. Unless the Lynx make a huge free agent signing, I see Dantas as the starting PF.

why would Mone mention Maya, she may not know if she will be back next season. I am pretty sure she does not hate Maya for taking the year off.....I think your interpretations are good for the most part but the one about Mone and Coach are kind of iffy

PostPosted: 09/15/19 8:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Looks like Banham is an RFA next year - along with C. Williams, J. Jones, Holmes and UFA Stricken on the Sun. Sun will have some hard choices to make. So next year is a prime opportunity for the Lynx to go after Banham - should they?

Richyyy

PostPosted: 09/15/19 9:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
So next year is a prime opportunity for the Lynx to go after Banham - should they?

I wouldn't want to pay her more than the vet minimum, personally.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 27, 28, 29  Next
Page 2 of 29

Jump to: